Page 2 of 2 1 2
A
Campfire Regular
OP Online Shocked
Campfire Regular
A
Originally Posted by HawkI
Originally Posted by anothergun
Well good for you. So considering you don't really know what you're talking about, and drew yourself out, why bother and make yourself look, well, a fool.

I believe he does know what he's talking about; at least on what he's done and tested himself, not a link of what someone else did or says.

The LBT tester only gives variance when variance in the "set" process is introduced or the base is not true. For example, if you are short turning to "set" and give another slight crank to hit "set", you will have variance. The same as if you go past set and reduce. You want an even turn on the anvil under load and that process needs to be precise and fluid to the set mark without hiccups or hitches, like throwing charges from a powder measure if you want exact volumetric precision (which differs from exact weight that anyone can trickle). It's not variance in the tool, it's slight human error in the process.

The only fool here is asking for feedback from people who didn't get their "experience" from an article.

based on how he relays his info I would say he doesn't know what he's talking about. And most here don't either. As far as the link take for what it's worth, not for what you think it's not.

GB1

A
Campfire Regular
OP Online Shocked
Campfire Regular
A
Originally Posted by Feral_American
Originally Posted by gnoahhh
It doesn't matter if it's 11bhn or 13bhn or 20bhn by your tester as long as it's repeatable.

Made perfect sense to me.

Oh someone who doesn't like Lee EVEN THOUGH It's PROVEN..... to be more consistent than the rest. The only one you can win an argument with is yourself. Gonnnooahhhh talks in circles, and that is an indication of BS.

This is the only thing that makes sense... other than the link.

Been using a Lee for near 10 years and have zero complaints and consistent results.

Only an idiot can not use the LBT tester wrong
If you don't follow the directions exactly???? you will get some wider variance,

This is the two things that makes sense what Gnnoahh wote
The LBT tester is a simplified version of a Rockwell hardness tester

And this..
Other testers are good and maybe better but the LBT has served me faithfully for I guess around 20 years now.

Big surprise Feral_American ????

LEE did better than the REST.

And to be honest, that was the main reason for this thread.... to prove LEE is above the rest in this test.

Last edited by anothergun; 05/13/24.
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
I'm using a Lee tester, actually, until I can aquire something better.

1) its a slight step up from just guessing.
2) it's cheap enough $$ to get by with, for now.
3) I'm using it for exactly what gnoahhh had laid out, repeatability when mixing alloy.

The use of the Lee though, is subjective to one's interpretation of a horribly designed optical device that better belongs in a carnival arcade game for 50 cents a chance than on anyone's loading bench. The stuffed monkey would probably be a better choice of prize.

When a mere child's toy microscope frame and a couple zip ties vastly improves the usability of the device, it says all there is to say about it.

I prefer peace. But if trouble must come, let it come in my time, so that my children may live in peace. ~~ Thomas Paine
A
Campfire Regular
OP Online Shocked
Campfire Regular
A
that's all you got ? LOL until you find something better.... There ain't nothing better according to the test from he link I posted. You just can't admit when you're beat, can you ?

Even if it's not as exact as YOU want it to be, cylinder chamber throats and barrel groove FIT is king regardless of alloy of the cast, but I guess you're not there yet are you ?

Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
appreciate some feed back boys

please

There are reasons you have to beg and plead to get people to talk to you.......

I prefer peace. But if trouble must come, let it come in my time, so that my children may live in peace. ~~ Thomas Paine
IC B2

A
Campfire Regular
OP Online Shocked
Campfire Regular
A
Originally Posted by Feral_American
appreciate some feed back boys

please

There are reasons you have to beg and plead to get people to talk to you.......

Here, is this what you're looking for ? Mr. Absolute

ebay

or this.... looks like it's in your price range.
https://qualitest.us/products/brine...junQZdMaIzbv_UJxSwKiRQSThjE7OtmsRy9WZOrU

something a little cheaper
https://ndtsupply.com/king-brinell-hardness-tester-1.html

A
Campfire Regular
OP Online Shocked
Campfire Regular
A
Originally Posted by HawkI
Well good for you. So considering you don't really know what you're talking about, and drew yourself out, why bother and make yourself look, well, a fool.

I believe he does know what he's talking about; at least on what he's done and tested himself, not a link of what someone else did or says.

The LBT tester only gives variance when variance in the "set" process is introduced or the base is not true. For example, if you are short turning to "set" and give another slight crank to hit "set", you will have variance. The same as if you go past set and reduce. You want an even turn on the anvil under load and that process needs to be precise and fluid to the set mark without hiccups or hitches, like throwing charges from a powder measure if you want exact volumetric precision (which differs from exact weight that anyone can trickle). It's not variance in the tool, it's slight human error in the process.

The only fool here is asking for feedback from people who didn't get their "experience" from an article.

Never claimed that I did..... just claiming that The Lee tester does the same thing if not better than the rest.

CAN YOU SAY OTHERWISE? What's your EXPERIENCE with it ?

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Hmmm. Easy to see why he goes on ignore. Good place for him.

NRA Benefactor 2008

Jesus said, "I am the way, the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father but through me." John 14-6

There is no right way to do a wrong thing
1 member likes this: Feral_American
A
Campfire Regular
OP Online Shocked
Campfire Regular
A
Originally Posted by sharps4590
Hmmm. Easy to see why he goes on ignore. Good place for himes .

There’s alot of arrogance here and it keeps know it alls at bay. Makes sense ?

Last edited by anothergun; 05/14/24.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Nice article as are most on LASC. The only one I've owned is the LBT.

1 member likes this: anothergun
IC B3

A
Campfire Regular
OP Online Shocked
Campfire Regular
A
Thanks Creeker, appreciate your input. The LASC has a ton of credibility in my findings on the web, the best as far as l’m concerned.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
I've had a Saeco for years and it's always served my purposes. Using lead and linotype amounts weighed on scales tested by Missouri Dept. of Agriculture, the hardness shown on my Saeco has always been consistent. I made up some few weeks ago and the bullets cast came out in the same weight range, (+ or - one grain), and hardness as those cast a few months ago, or certainly close enough.

NRA Benefactor 2008

Jesus said, "I am the way, the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father but through me." John 14-6

There is no right way to do a wrong thing
1 member likes this: anothergun
A
Campfire Regular
OP Online Shocked
Campfire Regular
A
I have to soften my casts a bit to get the weight up... Right now they are 13 BHN. A little lead will raise the weight. Maybe drop it down to 11.

Last edited by anothergun; 05/14/24.
A
Campfire Regular
OP Online Shocked
Campfire Regular
A
[quote
[/quote]] It doesn't matter if it's 11bhn or 13bhn or 20bhn by your tester as long as it's repeatable - and that's where a tester comes into play.

This makes as much sense as l don’t know what… My Dr took my BP reading, and as long as it is repeatable that's where his tester comes into play..or blood work reveals that my cholesterol level is way high but as long as it’s consistent but that’s where the tester comes into play. When does it cone into play?

If this is true then it doesn’t really matter what hardness it is or it would be nice to know how hard it is, isn’t that the reason why it’s being tested ? LMAO. 50 years of experience he said he has??

The Ferel feret said
Made perfect sense to me

Which part? The wrong BP reading or the wrong BHN?

Last edited by anothergun; 05/19/24.
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

624 members (1beaver_shooter, 10Glocks, 160user, 1eyedmule, 10gaugemag, 06hunter59, 60 invisible), 15,931 guests, and 992 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,195,197
Posts18,543,507
Members74,060
Most Online21,066
May 26th, 2024

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.