24hourcampfire.com
24hourcampfire.com
Active Threads | Active Posts | Unanswered Today | Since Yesterday | This Week
Hunter's Campfire Jump to new posts
Re: P-diddy pedo-diddler? Papag Yesterday at 11:58 AM
One of JLo's series of black boyfriends.
35 2,404 more...
Re: Bridge Collapse Was A Cyber Attack On Critical Infrastructure Corridor. Calvin Yesterday at 11:58 AM
Originally Posted by JoeBob
Originally Posted by AKwolverine
Originally Posted by rainshot
The pilot was Ukrainian.

The pilot was a Port of Baltimore guy. Not Ukrainian.

https://www.thebaltimorebanner.com/...e-ship-pilot-LKDWFY237JFR5NCR7KXZIWRDVA/

That article adds fuel to the cyber attack theory. Multiple independent systems all failed at exactly the same instant.

A Maryland pilot was on the bridge of the Dali at 1:25 a.m. Tuesday when the entire ship suddenly went dark. Without warning, the generator, the radar, the navigational equipment, the ship’s propulsion and the engine all shut down.

Key to understanding what went wrong will be figuring out what failure hit both the engine, which is powered by diesel fuel, and the generator at the same time. Diamond said he can’t speculate on the cause. Both the generator and the engine are in the same area of the ship, he said. “We don’t have any idea why the engine stopped working,” Diamond said.

Looking at the video, the lights just go out for a few seconds. Just enough time for a back up systems to kick on.

Also, the main engine was running at the time of the impact. Looks like they were in hard reverse from the black smoke. Very hard reverse. When you hit high rpm on a diesel you get black smoke. I see it all the time.

Not sure how long the main was down before they got it going again but with a ship that size and in a channel it wouldn’t take long for you to get into trouble.

It’s not uncommon at all for boats to temporarily loose power with an electrical or fuel problem.

Now, there is speculation that the sharp turn at the end was from them tossing the hook.
257 11,706 more...
Free Classifieds Jump to new posts
Re: FS Mini Burris scopes Claybirds Yesterday at 11:58 AM
4x12 spf

Offers on the 3x9
4 944 more...
IC B2
Re: Are small Iowa farmers having that tough of a time?? llc2 Yesterday at 11:58 AM
as long as the gov welfare check keeps coming i think they might be o k
84 4,988 more...
Re: Bridge Collapse Was A Cyber Attack On Critical Infrastructure Corridor. Timbermaster Yesterday at 11:56 AM
Originally Posted by jorgeI
Originally Posted by Teal
She's full of crap.

Yeah but she has SORT OF GREAT TITS..

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
Apologies sir, had to intervene there.
257 11,706 more...
Re: Moving the accelerants out of the house CashisKing Yesterday at 11:56 AM
You can add local sprinkler heads to your normal plumbing.

Basically... you tap into your existing plumbing... run a new line and install the heads.

Won't meet NFPA code but it works just fine.
44 2,659 more...
Hunting Rifles Jump to new posts
Re: Custom Model 70 Stock... beretzs Yesterday at 11:55 AM
Originally Posted by Brad
In case you're in the market, a rare find:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/315246659605?

That was wrong....
20 1,174 more...
Re: Do You Think FLAVE Will Be Back On April Fools Day?? SKane Yesterday at 11:55 AM
Originally Posted by gunswizard
I'm with Fireball2, the village idiot brought nothing of value to the 'Fire.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
162 6,872 more...
Re: Another Fudd Combo Pappy348 Yesterday at 11:55 AM
I’ve owned a couple M50s, both ‘06s. Great rifles, and bargains even today. The triggers are a bit odd, being hinged to the guard like a SMLE, but the pulls on mine were actually lighter than the typical single-stage military-style found on other FNs I’ve owned. Those chrome-lined barrels shoot well too, and it’s a mistake I think to swap them out willy-nilly.

Those rifles and some other guns are reminders of a better time when retail chains weren’t run by a bunch of liberal pussies afraid of every whiff of disapproval from the Left. They didn’t just sell guns, they put the company name on them.
10 824 more...
Re: Bridge Collapse Was A Cyber Attack On Critical Infrastructure Corridor. smokepole Yesterday at 11:53 AM
Originally Posted by Seafire
Part of terrorism is to plan an 'accident' like this and then make sure the blame looks like it belongs to someone else, or something else.

No it's not. Making it look like an accident removes the "terror" from terrorism. Terrorists want you to know they did it, and can do it again.
257 11,706 more...
IC B3
Re: Help from my Florida folk.............VACATION ADVICE NEEDED local_dirt Yesterday at 11:52 AM
Originally Posted by KYFRED
I recently took a side trip to Crystal River. Its on the west coast, full of springs and the winter grounds for manatee. You can get a boat trip wiil get to swim with them, rent kayak gear and paddle bay, paddle and swim to mouth of springs, etc. Great little area and cost of a day with both the boat trip and kayaks will be far less than anything Orlando.

Sshh. Don't go telling everybody that. Lol.
27 1,380 more...
Re: Moving the accelerants out of the house Birdwatcher Yesterday at 11:52 AM
I fertilized my lawn with a pound of 4F black powder I’d had sitting around for years. I had bought it years back when I first got into flintlocks to prime the pan. I quickly figured out I could use 3F for most everything.

Unlike smokeless, black power WILL explode in a house fire.
44 2,659 more...
Knives and Blades Jump to new posts
Re: Badger show reminder michiganroadkill Yesterday at 11:51 AM
Always cool to put faces to names.
Looking forward to next year already.
38 4,051 more...
Re: Update/Stroke saddlering Yesterday at 11:51 AM
Dam, glad your back. Take it one day at a time!
64 3,015 more...
Re: Democrats and Easter Eggs BFaucett Yesterday at 11:50 AM
Originally Posted by gregintenn
Honestly, I never got a valid explanation of how an egg laying rabbit ties into the death and resurrection of Christ.

6 360 more...
Free Classifieds Jump to new posts
Re: For Sale Camp 9 rifle Driftin Yesterday at 11:50 AM
SPF 3/28/24

Thanks 24hourcampfire.com
9 861 more...
Re: Poll - Will there be an election ? Oldagpilot Yesterday at 11:50 AM
Yes but it’s going to be unbelievable can’t wait to see how creative they get.
86 3,654 more...
Re: Q More Truths hosfly Yesterday at 11:49 AM
https://files.catbox.moe/8rrg1o.jpeg Its a small world after all
44,996 3,898,601 more...
Re: Democrats and Easter Eggs Stickfight Yesterday at 11:47 AM
She needs to improve her understanding of how chicken eggs come to be, and how their fertilization happens or does not happen.

Maybe also some basics on where babies come from just in general.
6 360 more...
Ask The Gunwriters Jump to new posts
Re: What a bore scope can show you Azshooter Yesterday at 11:47 AM
Had no idea the chamber was also hammer forged! Thanks for that information Al.
19 1,807 more...
Re: Bridge Collapse Was A Cyber Attack On Critical Infrastructure Corridor. simonkenton7 Yesterday at 11:47 AM
"Quote
Key to understanding what went wrong will be figuring out what failure hit both the engine, which is powered by diesel fuel, and the generator at the same time. Diamond said he can’t speculate on the cause. Both the generator and the engine are in the same area of the ship, he said. “We don’t have any idea why the engine stopped working,” Diamond said."

Do the generator and the engine both run from the same fuel tank? It could be they got a bad load of fuel in Baltimore.
257 11,706 more...
Re: Time to 1846 Mexico againp local_dirt Yesterday at 11:46 AM
Originally Posted by sherm_61
Originally Posted by ruffcutt
Originally Posted by sherm_61
We call them gangs our gov and media calls them cartels because its more scary. No fugging different
The cartels are much more than just gangs.
They’ve got the money, they’ve got the weapons.
If things ever go south politically in this country, they would fill a void that would give .gov a run for their money.
Hahaha yeah our gangs have no money and guns do they, how many deaths a day are in Chicago? Shootings?
Some of you just stay scared of the boogeyman man while I go to mexico for a nice months vacation with family members and my 83 year old mother. Less gringos more for me haha.

Until they jack you up. Haha.
96 4,951 more...
Re: Another Fudd Combo bluefish Yesterday at 11:44 AM
Very Fuddish
10 824 more...
Mausers and Military Rifles Jump to new posts
Re: Scarcest M38 Husqvarna Swede- '44? Themauserkid Yesterday at 11:44 AM
I don’t have enough posts yet I believe. Here’s my number eight 17 seven 71 7two6 8
Thanks
12 1,173 more...
Handguns Jump to new posts
Re: 45 ACP Ball Ammo - Best Buy? mrfudd Yesterday at 11:44 AM
The AAC stuff at Palmetto is good and usually priced very well. I really like their subsonic 9mm loads, but they are often difficult to find in stock.
15 1,618 more...
Page 100 of 231 1 2 98 99 100 101 102 230 231
YB23

Who's Online Now
129 members (257 mag, 6mmCreedmoor, 160user, 35, 6mmbrfan, 10Glocks, 14 invisible), 1,810 guests, and 812 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,728
Posts18,400,776
Members73,822
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.