-->
Active Threads | Active Posts | Unanswered Today | Since Yesterday | This Week
Hunter's Campfire Jump to new posts
Re: Giant Schnauzer Pup Attacked By Mountain Lion In Yard earlybrd 04/23/24
Ya that schit wouldn’t fly ovr here
32 2,230 more...
Upland Game Jump to new posts
Re: First time eating chukar. Why? Sako76 04/23/24
We used to hunt chuckars during the mid-day hours of our rifle mule deer hunts on the Deschutes River in Oregon, we used to raft in and pretty much had the place to ourselves. One year 7 rafts of chuckar hunters and their dogs came in and pretty much messed up the deer hunting.

After that, we went deer hunting a week earlier because chuckar season was closed. Boy, I missed those days! Tough choice for mid-day activity, chuckar hunting or trout and steelhead fishing!
46 10,211 more...
Gunsmithing Jump to new posts
Re: Cutting threads for a can 338Rem 04/23/24
Let me check.
3 304 more...
IC B2
Re: Its meme time DMc 04/23/24
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
78,146 14,620,508 more...
Handguns Jump to new posts
Re: 357 Magnum just about dead pete53 04/23/24
i have been reading plenty about big bore pistols which i own a few including a S.W. 460 6 1/2 inch barrel ,44 mags and 357 Mags. and to be honest including what Mr. Phil Shoemaker the famous big bear guide says and uses the 357 Mag. seems to be the easier carry and works just fine on all bears too as long as you use hard core lead bullets . so i purchased a new Ruger s.s. 357 SP 100 5 shot revolver 4 inch barrel and this revolver is in a x-draw holster . i have been in the Arizona Mnts. this winter " 2024" carrying this pistol in this x-draw holster i don`t even notice this new type holster with this lighter weight Ruger 100 / 5 shot , its has been a pleasure to carry over my 44 mag. revolver too.
> No the 357 is not DEAD !
157 15,519 more...
Rimfires Jump to new posts
Re: Has anyone built a 10/22 from the Brownell's receiver ? kwg020 04/23/24
Thanks for the input. I know the receiver drops right into the stock I have so it has passed the first test. The grand kids are getting fixed iron sights. They need to learn basics before they get to play with big scopes. It looks like you built an accurate one.

kwg
15 936 more...
Free Classifieds Jump to new posts
30 TC dies and brass, 40 S&W brass Claysshotgunner 04/23/24
Large quantity of 40 S&W brass Over 100 pcs $ 25 pu in Abilene $33 shipped

All 3 30 TC items sold together $75 $90 shipped
Hornady New Dimension dies for 30 TC
48 pcs 30 TC bright brass appears unfired
41 pcs 30 TC used brass
1 165 more...
Re: Rem 700 6.5 CM by Kampfeld donsm70 04/23/24
Originally Posted by Dirtfarmer
Originally Posted by donsm70
Damn, that's nice. I keep coming back, hoping that it has found a good home. Maybe by the next time?
donsm70
Aww, Don.

You know you want it; it's yo kinda gun and you love Karl's work.

AND, the price isn't bad: you couldn't build it for that....

Hmm....

Here to help... cool

DF

I knew I could count on you for help with my problem, DF.
donsm70
35 2,590 more...
Re: Giant Schnauzer Pup Attacked By Mountain Lion In Yard BFaucett 04/23/24
Originally Posted by Valsdad
Do you folks actually read stuff that requires disabling your ad blocker?

I didn't have to disable anything to watch the video and read the article at the Daily Mail site. (I'm running uBlock Origin.)
32 2,230 more...
Re: Spring Break at Tybee Island, GA - Hide the Children!! The_Real_Hawkeye 04/23/24
Originally Posted by BFaucett
Originally Posted by GeoW

[Linked Image from pbs.twimg.com]

Hopefully this direct link works for the image.

Code
FROM this:
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/GLskW1KWsAAXJZp?format=jpg&name=900x900

TO this:
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/GLskW1KWsAAXJZp.jpg
Holy crap!
72 5,297 more...
IC B3
Re: Arizona rancher in a tite spot WMR 04/23/24
Presumably, the man knows enough to keep his mouth shut and not discuss the case with anyone other than his lawyer or maybe his wife. He doesn't need to be out making statements or online posts that could be used as evidence in a new trial.
175 16,024 more...
WTB: John Storm jacket or equivalent rylee1 04/23/24
Looking for a shooting rain jacket in size XL let me know if you have anything
1 94 more...
Re: ++Remington 870 Express 16 gauge YOUTH+++ 160user 04/23/24
It looks like this one will just stay here.
9 1,131 more...
Re: Q smokepole 04/23/24
Originally Posted by NoDak
Originally Posted by smokepole
Yup, the guys wearing dark glasses indoors make it totally believable.

Did you spend any time watching it? Probably not. The stillshot like many things is to pique your interest. You may learn something. Or spend 14 hours a day here and still not have a clue about what's coming.

LOL, if I spent 14 hours a day here I'd shoot myself..

You're thinking of jaquartz.
45,294 3,990,726 more...
Re: Spring Break at Tybee Island, GA - Hide the Children!! Mohall57 04/23/24
I’ve seen baboons in Africa in a feeding frenzy behave better than that, my god what animals.
72 5,297 more...
Hunting Rifles Jump to new posts
Re: Suppressor E-Forms Approval Woodhits 04/23/24
Yes, form 3s are currently taking longer than form 4s.
32 2,828 more...
Re: RCBS 50 BMG Press 160user 04/23/24
No interest?
3 361 more...
Re: Winchester Model 70 Featherweight Compact 7-08 bsa1917hunter 04/23/24
Originally Posted by alwaysoutdoors
That’s a sweet rifle. I thought they were either a FW or a Compact. I wasn’t aware of one rifle being both. Good luck on the sale

One rifle isn't really "both". The compact has the shorter LOP (13"), and has a 20" barrel. The stock is also different than a featherweight stock. Kind of a mix of the sporter weight checkering panels with a schnable forend tip. It's a little different, but a very well balanced and most times accurate rifle. I'm sure it's only stamped "classic compact", and not "featherweight". Probably just an oversight on the OP's part. GLWS..
18 1,717 more...
Re: +++Cheap 870 16 Gauge+++ 160user 04/23/24
Up one last time before I stick it back in the closet.
7 919 more...
Rimfires Jump to new posts
Re: Has anyone built a 10/22 from the Brownell's receiver ? Exchipy 04/23/24
Originally Posted by kwg020
If you did use one for the basis of a build, did you have any issues with using Ruger parts to complete the build ?
Thanks
kwg

Used a Brownells receiver and a Brownells breech block, too, but went with the Ruger BX trigger, Volquartsen carbon wrapped barrel and Magpul X22 Hunter stock. While mine is certainly not intended as a gun for kids, there’s no reason why kids couldn’t use it, as it’s pretty light weight, except for that Hubble-sized Leupold scope. No issues whatsoever and I’m most happy with it:

That’s five LAPUA Midas+ on 6” steel @ 200 yards.
15 936 more...
Hunting Rifles Jump to new posts
Re: This week's Porker Perforator TimZ 04/23/24
Very nice rifle G Dub…
24 2,206 more...
Single Shots Jump to new posts
Re: Ruger No 1 popularity? pete53 04/23/24
if you have a Ruger #1 you don`t care for P.M. me maybe we can make a deal. thanks,Pete53
45 5,166 more...
Flyfishing Jump to new posts
Re: Who uses a wading staff Remhunter 04/23/24
Simms Pro wading staff is the best I have used by far. Comes with a nice holster to wear on your belt, a lanyard, and is one hand deployable. The sections also lock together once extended so they can't pull apart, something that gets frustrating with the cheaper collapsible staffs. They are pricy, but I don't go in the rivers without it anymore.
20 5,407 more...
Re: What Confuses Me The Most About Those Who Got The Covid Shot(s) antelope_sniper 04/23/24
Originally Posted by ribka
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper
Originally Posted by ribka
another covtard post that aged well

Originally Posted by JMR40
Was it a win for Trump to remove the bureaucratic hurdles to quick approval, or was it careless?

One of the things Trump got right IMO. They've been making vaccines for a long time and while this was a new disease, it isn't that much different than others. Developing a vaccine for Covid only required tweaking existing vaccines. It's not like having to re-invent the wheel to upgrade from a 2018 F150 to a 2019 F150. The basics are already there.

The whole issue is too damn political and I don't trust everything I hear from either side. But I can relate my personal observations. Since this started I've known over 200 people who contracted Covid. Over 20 died from it, some close friends and family. None were vaccinated, of course most of that was before the vaccine was available. Symptoms have been all over the place. Some died, some said it kicked their butt for a week or 2, some have not fully recovered 2 years later, and some never knew they had it until they were tested as a requirement for employment. This wide discrepancy is undoubtedly why there are so many opinions.

My wife and I have not had it. We never changed much about what we did. We wore a mask where and when it was advisable, but we never really changed our plans and went everywhere we normally went. Other than the minor inconvenience of a mask on rare occasions our lives never changed.

When the shot became available for people over 60 we got the shot. Since the shot became available most of the people we know got it. Once again this is over 200 people. None of them had a single issue, and none have gotten Covid. The only people I personally know that have had Covid or died from it since the vaccine became available were those who refused to get vaccinated.

We lost a good friend I had known for about 50 years in February. My wife grew up with the guy and had known him since they were in diapers. He was 63 and rabidly antivax. He posted his opinions daily on FB. He was dead 10 days after getting sick. His oxygen levels got too low for too long and his kidneys shut down. His widow not only lost her husband. but will no longer get his substantial retirement from a good paying job as well as having a major reduction in SS benefits for the rest of her life. It didn't just cost him his life, but left his wife in a financial bind as well as any potential inheritance for his children and grandkids.

I didn't wear a mask or get the shot to protect myself. I'm pretty healthy and felt my chances of having a minor case were pretty good even if I did get it. I did it to prevent giving it to others. My mother-in-law and her boyfriend are well into their 80's and I didn't want to risk spreading it to them. Right now my wife and I are both getting a retirement check and a SS check every month. If I die, my wife's income will be cut by over 60% since my lifetime earnings were more than hers. I got the shot to leave my wife and kids in a better place financially when I do finally die.

Notice who bumped this two year old thread.

The [bleep] Stirring Russian Troll Bot.

Hey dumb boomer. I’ll post your March 2020 statement again that mRNA vaccine is a miracle

You sure seem upset when I post up what you said on here proving you’re an idiot

You don’t even hunt or fish. Why are you on here covtard boomer ??lol

You're goal in posting this is dividing Americans, and members of this Forum against each other for the benefit of your Russian Masters.
174 16,591 more...
Flyfishing Jump to new posts
Re: Where can I buy Hogman or other well made felt sole hip boots Remhunter 04/23/24
I would highly recommend either a quality pair of stocking feet wading pants or Chota Hippies. With both you purchase whichever boots you want to wear separate.
8 1,777 more...
Page 121 of 171 1 2 119 120 121 122 123 170 171
AX24

222 members (160user, 12344mag, 2500HD, 22kHornet, 10Glocks, 257 roberts, 23 invisible), 2,306 guests, and 927 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,281
Posts18,467,718
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.