24hourcampfire.com
24hourcampfire.com
-->
Active Threads | Active Posts | Unanswered Today | Since Yesterday | This Week
Hunter's Campfire Jump to new posts
Re: eaten by cannibals that would be a bad way to go Rock Chuck 04/21/24
Not necessarily a lie. Dementia does some strange things to the brain. More likely he 'remembers' things that never happened. My dad got like that. I don't know which is worse in the whitehouse - a president who's a known liar or a president with dementia. We have a president who's both.
34 2,533 more...
Re: I bet they wished they owned a pitbull mcadams17 04/21/24
my australian shepherd wouldnt tolerate him getting anywhere near that close .
21 1,830 more...
Free Classifieds Jump to new posts
Re: FS New Lapua 30.06 Brass DeanAnderson 04/21/24
I'll buy this, PM to follow.
2 204 more...
IC B2
Re: Meopta Optika5 MeoPro 4-20x50 Couesdeer 04/21/24
$375
10 849 more...
Ask The Gunwriters Jump to new posts
Re: Does a 25-06 need a 25” to 26” barrel? North61 04/21/24
My 25-06 is a Forbes 24 b at 5.75 pounds and a 24" mid-weight barrel. Rl 17 gets the 101 grain LRX (bc of .400) to 3336ft/sec into 0.75 MOA and the little bullet is death on caribou as far away as I want to shoot them with a 300 yard sight in. The 120 Speer BTSP (bc of .480) is going 3070 fps with RL25 with even better accuracy but I haven't found a pound of RL25 in the last 3 years!. I like the rifle/cartridge combo and while more velocity is always nice the 24" is about as long as i want in a rifle. Interesting that Mule Deer finds LESS velocity loss with the lighter bullets but that might explain my relatively faster lighter bullet loads.

I agree with the poster who mentioned that he liked being able to spot his own shots. Even in this light rifle I can spot impacts past 200 yards due to the light recoil and excellent stock design on the Forbes. If I ever do shoot it out I'll re-barrel with another 24 " barrel but it might sport a faster twist. Why not experiment with the new batch of super long, high b.c. bullets?
37 4,964 more...
Re: any watch collectors? clockwork_7mm 04/21/24
Originally Posted by slumlord
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Ha. It's hard to imagine that scene happening in any other voice. Just wouldn't be the same.
12 849 more...
Re: Battery Post "Grease" victoro 04/21/24
Originally Posted by Sakoluvr
As does dielectric grease. That's what I use on all electric connections

Dielectric means non-conductive. You should be using conductive grease that you can find at your local electrical supply store.
36 2,580 more...
Today's verses bludog 04/21/24
Today's verses:

Jesus answered, "I assure you, no one can enter the Kingdom of God without being born of water and the Spirit...So don't be surprised when I say 'You must be born again.' The wind blows wherever it wants. Just as you can hear the wind but can't tell where it is coming from or where it is going, so you can't explain how people are born of the Spirit."

John 3:5,7-8

You must be born again! Praise God, His Spirit still moves across this earth! Have a great Lord's Day brothers!
2 152 more...
T/C Encore Frame Couesdeer 04/21/24
Encore frame.
Blued
Very good condition.
Comes with hinge pin.
Hammer has a circular dent where a spur was installed a bit too tight.

$550 shipped

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
1 350 more...
Re: Vegetable Gardening Advice Sought Riverc 04/21/24
Originally Posted by Dons99
If you have a bug problem you may want to wait a little longer in case they get your best plant you'll still have something to fall back on.

After I transplant or any young plants, I spray some Sevin dust on them that usually keeps the bugs away till they get bigger and stronger. But no matter how big they get bugs can be a problem I use Neem oil, castor soap mixed with water for flowering plants that need Bees to pollinate not to kill the bees with Sevin dust works for me.
33 1,593 more...
IC B3
Hunting Trucks and Four-Wheel Drives Jump to new posts
Re: Toyota VVT-i motor??? Fireball2 04/21/24
Originally Posted by ironbender
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter
Plus the 4.0 is one of Toyota's most reliable engines made..
On par with the 22R engine for reliability?

We have a couple Toyota trucks, and our neighbors all run Toyotas, plus one of our neighbors is a mechanic familiar with Toyotas.

First, the 92 had the 3.0, which might have been Toyotas worst truck motor (in the US anyway). Even then, it went 199,000 miles before it blew up. It got replaced with a 3.4, which has a reputation for more power and far better reliability. It runs great and should be a great motor upgrade.

The 2009 has the 4.0 with 167,000 miles and it is a bullet proof engine so far. It has more power but I can't stand the automatic transmission they stuck behind it. The truck sounds like it's vomiting when you accelerate. But it does accelerate. LOL I've heard the 4.0's are not rebuildable but I haven't researched that claim. Seems dubious to me.

The new 3.5 does ok in my friends truck. Not a powerhouse but not a dog.
15 1,696 more...
Re: Jamaican Lottery Scam mcadams17 04/21/24
i won that very lottery the other day....told him i didnt need the money...he could keep it.
15 859 more...
Ask The Gunwriters Jump to new posts
Re: Does a 25-06 need a 25” to 26” barrel? DigitalDan 04/21/24
Amuses me a fair bit to see discussion that debates the difference between a couple or three inches of barrel length. Likewise, the fascination for fast twist barrels cracks me up.

If it ain't broke it don't need fixin'. If you feel the need for speed you won't find happiness with a short barrel. High peak pressures are not your friend. -Hints-
37 4,964 more...
General Big Game Jump to new posts
Re: "Brush pants" tankerjockey 04/21/24
Riggs workwear from wrangler work pretty well for moderate brush and woods. They are comfortable enough that I pretty much wear them all the time. They come in olive, light olive and gray.
16 1,241 more...
Re: eaten by cannibals that would be a bad way to go ratsmacker 04/21/24
When the Allies cut off Japanese units during the war, they had no way to get resuppiled, and some Japanese units DID resort to cannibalism, according to reports at the time. US submarines and aircraft kept the shipping of Japanese supplies to a bare minimum level.

It was a brutal war, things happened. Did Biden's uncle get eaten? I have no idea, but if it came out of Biden's mouth, it's more likely a lie.
34 2,533 more...
Re: LMFAO...Trumps Farting in The Court Room!! navlav8r 04/21/24
Trump was informed of the gag order so he thought, “sure, I can make ‘em gag!”

“Bigley!” 🤢
69 4,518 more...
Re: Cop roughs up an 18 year old female steve4102 04/21/24
Originally Posted by Strop10
Originally Posted by Fireball2
Originally Posted by Strop10
Offiver Schimmel's active imagination in written form.

https://www.facebook.com/share/WXnLysRPzyqxEaJo/?mibextid=xfxF2i

He's not fit to patrol an ant farm. What an a s s h o l e.

The question now is where is he slapping on a new uniform tomorrow.

FBI, Khakis and a Red ball cap. Oh, and Ray-Bans
374 21,969 more...
Re: FS- Ruger M77 Mkii Stainless 30-06 Scout308 04/21/24
Bump
56 5,936 more...
Re: Vegetable Gardening Advice Sought coyotewacker 04/21/24
I have always planted 3-4 seeds to start give them a week or so then pick the nicest to keep....up here in Michigan other than row crops there all started around February 15 in my grow tent in the house they will go outside on a 65 + degree day but stay inside under grow lights with a fan for 18 hours until around May 20 the earliest depending on the weather....
Most years I have tomatoes before the 4th of July....
33 1,593 more...
FS: LEE Hand Primer (pic) Riley88 04/21/24
$27 shipped
2 252 more...
Re: What is the best medicine to put on a chigger bite... kenjs1 04/21/24
Originally Posted by scoony
Ok for all of you that recommend clear finger nail polish, how does that help exactly? If you think you’re suffocating the chigger? News flash! Once it starts to itch, that chigger is long gone looking for its next meal.

I tried all the various remedies over the years. The best thing to do is to clean the bite site and refrain from scratching it. One thing that seems to help clean up the bite and heal it faster is actually over the counter acne medication, either in cream or pads. It helps to clean out the junk that the chigger left behind.

I said this earlier in the thread - I think the nail polish stops anything from brushing against the "bite" sites and irritating it. It stays on for a full day or two giving your body a little time to get over the worst of it.

Use with an antihistamine.

I have not tried a drawing salve on them. Anyone?
113 8,477 more...
Re: Innerloc Devastation broadheads Crossbow series 2-3packs Twalk01 04/21/24
Bump
12 914 more...
FS New Lapua 30.06 Brass ShortMag11 04/21/24
I have for sale 1 new and unopened box for Lapua 30.06 brass that I no longer need. This is 100 pieces. Price is $135 shipped to lower 48. Prefer PP F&F, Zelle or USPS MO for payment. First “I’ll take it” followed by PM get it. Thanks for looking.

Edit: For some reason it’s telling me the pic is too big to load. I usually have no problem loading pics on here. If you need a pic send me a PM with a phone number
2 204 more...
Re: Boomers and Gen Z ol_mike 04/21/24
BooHooo Hoooo little cupcakes are all going to die due to climate change- there's no reason to work if we're going to die. Mommy can you bring me a RedBull i'm right in the middle of fighting a battle on my PlayStation 64
11 863 more...
Re: " Civill War" , anyone seen it yet? PJ65 04/21/24
Not worth seeing
22 1,590 more...
Page 152 of 161 1 2 150 151 152 153 154 160 161
AX24

82 members (35, 7mm_Loco, 257robertsimp, 6mmCreedmoor, 13 invisible), 1,358 guests, and 817 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,060
Posts18,463,252
Members73,923
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.