24hourcampfire.com
24hourcampfire.com
-->
Active Threads | Active Posts | Unanswered Today | Since Yesterday | This Week
Hunter's Campfire Jump to new posts
Re: Consumer reports: the five lowest maintenance car brands: fortymile Yesterday at 12:22 AM
Originally Posted by JPro
One of these magazines did an article 2-3 years back about trying to drive your vehicle to 200k or something along those lines. Their suggestions were to buy a Toyota or Honda, and if you needed a truck, an F150. I thought it was kind of funny as my driveway contained an older Accord, older Highlander, a new Camry, and a fairly new F150. I've only been buying my own cars for a bit over 20 years, but have had quite a number of previously-owned Toyota products across all those miles. Very few "oddball" maintenance items other than the typical consumable items like wheel bearings, belts, brakes, etc. One SUV needed a fuel pump at 50k miles or so, but it was under warranty. Appeared to be just a bad part.

Serious question though, how are hybrids holding up now that some have some age on them? I see that the 2025 model Camry is only going to come in a hybrid version. Part of the appeal of the Camry to me has been the conventional engine and transmission, as you are likely getting a good 12-15 years out of the car with pretty good resale. Not sure about all the hybrid components at 10+yrs and 200k+ miles.
I have a 2015 Toyota Camry Hybrid. It has over 150,000 miles on it. I'm not the original owner but I've put about 20,000 miles on it and it's been flawless. I change oil every 5,000 miles and don't need to add any between changes (some model year Toyotas have been known to develop oil consumption due to low tension piston rings). I would definitely buy another Toyota hybrid.
48 3,230 more...
Free Classifieds Jump to new posts
Re: Wtb bushnell elites Terryk Yesterday at 12:22 AM
Deaner20 is a good man to deal with.... Bump
8 601 more...
Re: Its meme time DMc Yesterday at 12:21 AM
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
78,140 14,611,563 more...
IC B2
The Lefty Forum Jump to new posts
Re: Quite a few nice customs on GB 375TN Yesterday at 12:21 AM
What is NR?

I’ve been watching left hand actions of all types on GB for years now. Pricing has skyrocketed. I was surprised to see the bass pro link someone shared with a 338 for $600. There were two factory blued models on GB for months on end in the high teens.
11 1,314 more...
Re: Its meme time DMc Yesterday at 12:20 AM
Re: Rem 700 6.5 CM by Kampfeld BooBear Yesterday at 12:20 AM
It is a really nice rifle, shoots well, you can always use a extra one.
33 2,358 more...
Re: Trillions in debt, giving away billions!!! BillyGoatGruff Yesterday at 12:19 AM
Originally Posted by Dixie_Rebel
We are trillions of dollars in debt and these traitors voted to send Ukraine another $61 billion dollars!

Here are all 22 Senate Republicans who voted in supported the bill:

Sen. John Boozman (Ark.)
Sen. Shelley Moore Capito (W.Va.)
Sen. Bill Cassidy (La.)
Sen. Susan Collins (Maine)
Sen. John Cornyn (Texas)
Sen. Kevin Cramer (N.D.)
Sen. Mike Crapo (Idaho)
Sen. Joni Ernst (Iowa)
Sen. Chuck Grassley (Iowa)
Sen. John Hoeven (N.D.)
Sen. John Kennedy (La.)
Sen. Mitch McConnell (Ky.)
Sen. Jerry Moran (Kan.)
Sen. Lisa Murkowski (Alaska)
Sen. James Risch (Idaho)
Sen. Mitt Romney (Utah)
Sen. Mike Rounds (S.D.)
Sen. Dan Sullivan (Alaska)
Sen. John Thune (S.D.)
Sen. Thom Tillis (N.C.)
Sen. Roger Wicker (Miss.)
Sen. Todd Young (Ind.)

How do you feel about the money sent to Israel?
47 2,467 more...
Re: S&W 43C AirLite 8 shot .22 $500 hikerbum Yesterday at 12:18 AM
Would buy this but need to sell shotgun i have listed first
8 927 more...
Re: Wtb bushnell elites miniquadracer44 Yesterday at 12:18 AM
I think I have a 6-24 in the top of a safe. I will check when I get home.
8 601 more...
Re: Its meme time DMc Yesterday at 12:18 AM
Whatever happened to the Diddy story??
IC B3
Savage Collectors Jump to new posts
Re: Added #6 to the to the group of "G"s Longbeardking Yesterday at 12:17 AM
Originally Posted by JeffG
WoW LBK! That's as close to NIB as it could be, without the box. Beautiful!

Not too shabby for a 97 year old gun. I am happy.
21 1,342 more...
Re: Consumer reports: the five lowest maintenance car brands: AU338MAG Yesterday at 12:17 AM
Originally Posted by Teal
Interesting - even with not paying for oil changes, and most oil changes these days are expensive synthetics at a dealer (talking those likely to answer a CR survey) - Tesla is only ~800 less over 10 years to maintain than an ICE engine.

Course all maintenance is basically voluntary - that is, I don't necessarily HAVE to drain diffs, trans etc when they recommend it and I'd bet quite a few don't.

What would interest me - run a car for 10 years doing nothing but oil changes, wiper blades and brakes as needed - see what car is in better shape at the end of that. Any car can be perfect after 10 years if you dump enough cash in it over the 10. What car is best if you DON'T?

(10 years isn't all that long really these days either. Longer than most will keep the vehicle but still, 120-140k miles aren't a lot on a vehicle these days)
I average 35-45 K miles a year on my trucks.

Ain't gonna buy a fancy golf cart to drive.
48 3,230 more...
Re: Trillions in debt, giving away billions!!! Hogwild7 Yesterday at 12:16 AM
If our money isn't moved somewhere then politicians can't get some of it sent back to them. They don't care about the country.
47 2,467 more...
Re: Winchester SX3 Semi 12 ga….Excellent plus hikerbum Yesterday at 12:16 AM
Pm returned. Nice camo. Still for sale
14 1,118 more...
Re: Its meme time DMc Yesterday at 12:16 AM
Re: Another few billion for Zel to buy another yacht. BillyGoatGruff Yesterday at 12:15 AM
Originally Posted by RMiller2
Originally Posted by BillyGoatGruff
Originally Posted by RMiller2
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
At least he never insulted honorable union members.

That dude knocked up his secretary.

Confirmed or just slander?

He also allegedly gave the bird to a union picket line that came to an event he was speaking at to protest his votes in congress. Which is why you said you voted for tester. What were the votes they showed up to protest about?

I’ll help you out:

https://dailymontanan.com/2021/03/1...ene-gesture-freshman-rep-denies-reports/

Nice, I never knew there was an article about it. The story I heard was from a friend that was at an event that was addressing the stance on worker safety.

What can be confirmed is he dropped out.

I voted for Tester because he is pro labor and Maryland Matt clearly is not. Sheehy seems to be Maryland Matt part deux, but unclear.

War seems to be in season this year so maybe Sheehy should get the nod.

I quoted that same article the last time you brought it up.

When people ask how the hell that POS gets elected in MT, and I tell them the commie unions are a significant voting block I’ll direct them to this post.
35 2,443 more...
Re: Rem 700 6.5 CM by Kampfeld Dirtfarmer Yesterday at 12:15 AM
Couldn’t built it for that, for sure.

If I didn’t already have a really good one, I’d be all over that one.

DF
33 2,358 more...
Re: Best electronic ear muff? plumbum Yesterday at 12:15 AM
Howard Leights. Shooting and hunting.
19 1,128 more...
Re: Its meme time DMc Yesterday at 12:14 AM
Ask The Gunwriters Jump to new posts
Re: Phil Shoemaker - A Bear Pistol Question: WMR Yesterday at 12:14 AM
How many people could there possibly be that had much experience using handguns to stop grizzly attacks? I’d think that after one or perhaps two such rodeos, a fellow would change tactics, or maybe leave the area, or hire security, or something!
79 11,389 more...
Re: Battery Qustion? Hogwild7 Yesterday at 12:14 AM
I cut a dead battery open once. Cant remember why but the plates were almost dissolved away. Flushing wouldn't have restored the.metal to the plates.
22 1,436 more...
Re: Another Gun Show Find WyoCoyoteHunter Yesterday at 12:13 AM
Outstanding.
30 3,687 more...
Re: Its meme time DMc Yesterday at 12:12 AM
Re: Say you hit a dog.... 907brass Yesterday at 12:12 AM
My house has a shallow driveway that leads into a relatively busy neighborhood street. When our lab was 4 mo old, in her excitement she ran out in the street and was hit by a passing truck. The driver was going too fast, but also it was a puppy with the zoomies that I should have controlled better.

Because it was safe to do so, he slammed on his brakes. My dog's back leg was trapped under his front tire. He backed off it, got out, and immediately started to help me stop bleeding and get the dog wrapped up so I could get him to the vet.

There's no sense in assigning blame in that situation -- he was going too fast and I wasn't in control of my dog, but either way it's just something that happened.

I am very grateful that he stopped to help me. Because of his help I was able to get my pup to the vet and she (eventually) recovered, although she was 'degloved' halfway up her leg, and lost half her back foot.
75 4,250 more...
Re: Its meme time DMc Yesterday at 12:12 AM
Page 153 of 169 1 2 151 152 153 154 155 168 169
AX24

571 members (10gaugemag, 17CalFan, 163bc, 10Glocks, 160user, 65 invisible), 2,466 guests, and 1,341 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,233
Posts18,466,654
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.