24hourcampfire.com
24hourcampfire.com
-->
Active Threads | Active Posts | Unanswered Today | Since Yesterday | This Week
Hunter's Campfire Jump to new posts
Re: The Dukes of Hazzard? AcesNeights 04/23/24
Originally Posted by Leanwolf
Originally Posted by greydog
Isn't this show considered offensive today? The car was named after THE confederate general and played Dixie. It doesn't get much worse than that! GD

I wrote for The Dukes of Hazzard, and the Duke boys driving that offensive car with the Confederate Battle Flag painted on top of the car's roof. Should I feel guilty when I still cash my DOH residual checks?? Or should I donate the money to BLM??

Inquiring minds want to know 'cause I certainly want to do the right thing. grin

L.W.

Easy solution…just send it to me and I’ll be sure that it goes to a good cause. 😉

This big kid thanks you for your contribution to one of my favorite childhood shows! 👍🏼
43 2,804 more...
Re: Its meme time ribka 04/23/24
Originally Posted by kappa8
Originally Posted by DMc
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Have a UAW brother at work who wears a Biden hat. Finally asked him why. Classy reply;
"You're probably a MAGA maggot. Fu>k off."

Thats why never buy a poor quality union built Ford or Gm product
78,146 14,614,962 more...
Re: The Dukes of Hazzard? Leanwolf 04/23/24
Isn't this show considered offensive today? The car was named after THE confederate general and played Dixie. It doesn't get much worse than that! GD

I wrote for The Dukes of Hazzard, and the Duke boys driving that offensive car with the Confederate Battle Flag painted on top of the car's roof. Should I feel guilty when I still cash my DOH residual checks?? Or should I donate the money to BLM??

Inquiring minds want to know 'cause I certainly want to do the right thing. grin

L.W.
43 2,804 more...
IC B2
Re: Consumer reports: the five lowest maintenance car brands: ribka 04/23/24
you obviously have an agenda for EVs based on all of your pro ev posts the past few years . Being a fish farmer in remote Idaho with zero science and engineering background you know ev's are better than gas engines. lols

How many evs do you personally own? post pics of your ev vehicles

Originally Posted by Dutch
Toyota is third. Four out of five are American name plates, with Tesla being the lowest maintenance costs over a 10 year life span.

Tesla
Buick
Toyota
Lincoln
Ford

There's a pretty graph in the link.....

https://www.consumerreports.org/cars/car-maintenance/the-cost-of-car-ownership-a1854979198/

"When comparing cumulative costs by brand for years one through five and six through 10, we found that Tesla had the lowest maintenance costs. At the opposite end of the rankings, several German automakers are clustered as the most expensive brands, namely Audi, BMW, Mercedes-Benz, and Porsche.

“If you are considering a luxury model, it may be wise to purchase one from a domestic brand that may have lower maintenance and repair costs,” says Elek. “For example, over 10 years, Mercedes-Benz models are more than double the cost to maintain and repair as those from Lincoln.”
48 3,264 more...
Re: Wife is pregnant- decides she wants an AcesNeights 04/23/24
Originally Posted by Rapier
…. an exact myocardial DNA match…..

That’s heartless….😀

Do you actually mean mitochondrial rather than myocardial? Have you no heart Sir….😂
72 6,663 more...
Re: Inflation? alwaysoutdoors 04/23/24
If I could just get a proper Royal Cola and current TeeVee guide, I’d say fugk you Moolinls and Gin Ex’s type.I got my Tiremint and $59 pension. GFY I werked.
87 4,612 more...
Re: So what happens after Trump goes to Prison ? Mohall57 04/23/24
Why do you suppose the dems want to remove Trump’s SS protection? Think they fear their two tier justice system may fail them and they won’t get a conviction and they will have to go to the final stage to prevent Trumps return to the presidency?
100 5,736 more...
Re: Fosters Big Horn, Rio Vista California Alan_C 04/23/24
Ya, looks remodeled. Wonder if they still have the bull elephant at the end of the room? I enjoyed reading the stories below some of the mounts.
19 868 more...
Re: Wife is pregnant- decides she wants an superlight17b 04/23/24
Mandatory DNA testing at birth,in the hospital,should be law.
72 6,663 more...
Re: Fosters Big Horn, Rio Vista California Morewood 04/23/24
I've been there many times (many years ago) as a roughneck working in the gas fields west of Rio Vista.

Very cool place especially if you're a hunter and admirer of big mounts.

Looking at the link I see it's been cleaned up and remodeled since I was there.
19 868 more...
IC B3
Marlin 336 Lever Actions Jump to new posts
Re: What is your favorite optic for your marlin? aboltfan 04/23/24
Originally Posted by sbrmike
My favorite optic for a 336 is Leupold Vari-XIIc 2-7 x33 or32? I also like Simmons Pro Hunter models made in the Phillipines, 2-7 and 3-9, except I don't care for any scopes in 40mm objective or larger.

I should probably start my own thread but a lot of scopes that I have questions about are in this post. I am a fan of 32-36mm objective scopes on not only 336 but my bolt guns as well. I think 40mm objectives look too bulky.

I found that the older Leupold Vari-XII 2-7 x 28mm was the dimmest scope in the woods that I ever used. The later Vari-XIIc with the 32 or 33mm objective in 2-7 was light years better in the twilight hours in the deep woods. I see a lot of the 1-4 x20 and 1.5-5x20 scopes listed as favorites here. How do they work in lower light conditions of early morning and later evenings in the deeper dark woods?

I've got 4x Leupolds, 2-7x32 Elites and lately 1-4x20 Leupolds with heavy duplex I've picked up used here in the classifieds. I prefer heavy reticles when I can get them. I used the same setup below, on my 45 Colt to take a doe at last light this past season and had NO problem seeing the deer and putting the crosshairs on the shoulder.
17 1,281 more...
Re: Cop roughs up an 18 year old female ribka 04/23/24
usually Leos have a thick skin. and dont let minor schit affect them and can shrug it off.

Used to be that way

LEOs should be pissed off on this over reaction. small town, very low crime and a female teenager who had a very low threat index committing a vehicle in fraction. this immature cop over reacted and should be schitcanned

Originally Posted by Jackson_Handy
Originally Posted by Strop10
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper
The main take away from a majority of Strops posts are

1. All cops are evil
2. Cops shouldn't exist
3. Cops have never done anything positive, ever.

To argue with this irrational fùcking retard that can not comprehend reality is a complete waste of time.

Just agree and move on. All cops suck, are evil, should be murdered, the world would be better.

The end. Maybe one day he'll get his wish and the police will magically go away, I'm rooting for him.

You're taking this personally, which is a sign of narcissism, or maybe you're taking it personally because you're just a bad cop.

If you were a good, mature cop delivering good policing I'd expect you to see the difference between those criticized and yourself.

If you can see the difference but fell you must defend bad cops out of some tribal instinct, then you are a big part of the problem.

I'm not taking anything personally. I am making an objective observation. This incident are like many. An idiot did something wrong and should be held accountable.

He hates police. He will never acknowledge or discuss anything positive police do. That's fine.

There is zero reason to argue with him. Just agree and move on. Yes police are evil.

Several aircraft have flown over you this week and no pieces flew off and hit you. If not this week, certainly that is the case in your lifetime.

Does that mean you hate aviation mechanics for failing to heap praise upon them for their quality of work living up to minimum advertised claims?

I don't hate aviation mechanics(despite my lack of fawning when they correctly use fasteners) but it seems reasonable to assume you are consistent in your approach to life.

I believe that airplane mechanics are generally trying to do their job correctly and I don't bìtch incessantly when they make a mistake or fail to do the job correctly. But I appreciate the ones that take their job seriously and do a good job.

That's the difference between me and you, reasonableness. All you do bìtch an besmerch.
387 25,672 more...
Re: Fosters Big Horn, Rio Vista California Twopatch 04/23/24
Definitely worth stopping.
19 868 more...
Re: Fosters Big Horn, Rio Vista California boatammo 04/23/24
New to me, sounds like fun.
19 868 more...
Re: Fosters Big Horn, Rio Vista California Salmonella 04/23/24
It's in Rio Vista Ca.
19 868 more...
Re: The Dukes of Hazzard? AcesNeights 04/23/24
I used to rush home from my basketball game (back when white kids could jump) on Friday nights so I could watch it from the theme song forward. I was just a little kid but Daisy sent a tingle up my spine even though I didn’t know why….

What I really miss though are the Boss Hogg bubble gum cigars that were the size of a real cigar and solid bubble gum that lasted a long time. If I recall correctly they were .10c each. I’d take my .22 bolt action a mile through the woods since mom wouldn’t let me walk down the rural newly paved street with the occasional car and I’d stash my rifle under a log I had hollowed out underneath it in the deep ravine. I kept my Rambo knife on me since even though I was a 8 or 9 year old kid I never went anywhere unarmed, Sasquatches were around every tree back then…. I would buy 5 cigars and hurry back to my rifle. I’d then sit on a log and chew away on those Boss Hoggs while waiting for the crows to come back to the big Doug Fir trees they roosted in each night. Sometimes I’d find a fox or other exotic animal that didn’t know I was there but I didn’t shoot them since I found that watching them provided me far more enjoyment than killing them would have. Raccoons were a different story as were crows and my arch nemesis…the dreaded European Starlings.

Dukes of Hazard, Hunter, The Waltons were family night viewing (Thursdays iirc), Love Boat and Fantasy Island….great times for a kid that had a wonderful childhood!
43 2,804 more...
Alaska Jump to new posts
Re: Fish question dennisinaz 04/23/24
I caught a couple on the Buskin that were 15-16# fish.
Most were 12-13#
14 1,566 more...
Re: The Dukes of Hazzard? Riverc 04/23/24
I liked the show nothing offensive about it. Cleveland Indians, Washington Redskins, school names,military bases & statues nothing was offensive about those either.
43 2,804 more...
Re: Consumer reports: the five lowest maintenance car brands: Kodiakisland 04/23/24
Consumer Reports. Well, there you go...
48 3,264 more...
Re: Fosters Big Horn, Rio Vista California Salmonella 04/23/24
Been there several times.
There's some truly exceptional trophies there.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
19 868 more...
Re: Thought-Provoking Question ribka 04/23/24
Originally Posted by OGB
Fermented shrimp paste on mango. Smells like the inside of a well used coffin but tastes amazing. You are exposed to such things when married to a little brown savage.

26 1,626 more...
Remington Fans Jump to new posts
Re: Your First Remington? EddieSouthgate 04/23/24
1858 Navy .36 revolver .
96 9,638 more...
Re: Fosters Big Horn, Rio Vista California Dons99 04/23/24
Looks like a pretty cool place. Pass through Lodi couple times a year, I'll look for it next time.
https://fostersbighorn.com/
19 868 more...
Re: Consumer reports: the five lowest maintenance car brands: 2ndwind 04/23/24
[quote=Hogwild7 Woman here bought a Tesla and her electricity bill tripled the first full month. Significantly more than her gasoline bill was. r.[/quote]

Really? If that is correct the EV market will crash
48 3,264 more...
Re: Working in 2008 GMC Sierra 1500.... Rugies 04/23/24
Funny timing I am doing my front pads on a 2007 Silverado tommorow. I told my wife I dont know if I remember how to do drum brakes for the rear. I had alot of newer trucks 2015 and 2018 but the 2007 is just a great truck. I can work on most of it. Like said before a new truck is more than my first house. Bidenomics sucks
15 1,093 more...
Page 158 of 170 1 2 156 157 158 159 160 169 170
AX24

643 members (10Glocks, 01Foreman400, 160user, 10ring1, 10gaugemag, 1973cb450, 74 invisible), 3,042 guests, and 1,209 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,263
Posts18,467,116
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.