24hourcampfire.com
24hourcampfire.com
-->
Active Threads | Active Posts | Unanswered Today | Since Yesterday | This Week
Mausers and Military Rifles Jump to new posts
Re: 03A3 hard opening bolt captjohn Yesterday at 02:05 AM
I say this from just a lack of reasoning, if it only occurs after the firing pin is fired, and when the bolt is opening, and within that movement the bolt cocks again do not we have a possible spring problem, all the other possible causes would be consistent. If the gun is cocked and you cycle the bolt the "tension" on the bolt lift is not there, that why i wonder about the above idea of the mainspring, who knows who may have been in there, all others I have lift with a finger. This one was not a complete bubba when i acquired it but ......
13 881 more...
Hunter's Campfire Jump to new posts
Re: Has Bristoe been arrested for trespassing? The_Real_Hawkeye Yesterday at 02:05 AM
Originally Posted by FatCity67
Seems fake
Seems real to me.
3 617 more...
Long Range Hunting Jump to new posts
May give it a shot! geedubya Yesterday at 02:05 AM
I've made one kill @ +/- 590 yds. and that was a "Hail Mary" combined with luck.

Never much tried my hand at long range shooting, much less long range hunting.

But I may just give it a try this year. Hogs only, no deer.

One of the few places on my lease I can shoot over 300 yds.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

I call it the canopy.

Anywho, the distances ranged with my Leica Rangefinder @ the circles are +/- 760 yds on the left, +/- 900 yds on the right and +/- 1,200 yds in the middle. Give or take.

Thinking about setting up a feeder for hogs @ the 760 yd. distance.

Among others, I have rifles in 6.5 PRC, 6.8 Western, 7PRC, 300PRC, and 338 RUM.

Just fer' schitz n' giggles, what would be your preference.

Quien Sabe,

GWB
14 951 more...
IC B2
Re: Has Bristoe been arrested for trespassing? FatCity67 Yesterday at 02:05 AM
Seems fake
3 617 more...
Trapping Jump to new posts
Re: Duke 650 Pro Crappie_Killer Yesterday at 02:04 AM
Originally Posted by ozark_squirrel_hunter
I don't have any pro 650's. I do have the 550 and 850 pro's. I like how the 550's lock up. A deep pad catch almost every time. I run mb 550 and 650 too. I like the square pan on the Duke better.

OSH, are your 850’s offset? Do you use them for beaver?
32 4,652 more...
AR and Tactical Rifles Jump to new posts
Re: I need Help!(suppressor/gas issue...) Dillonbuck Yesterday at 02:03 AM
Put some fire to that residue and see if, or how, it burns.

Shouldn't be hard to tell if it's powder or filler.
34 2,398 more...
Ask The Gunwriters Jump to new posts
Re: Does a 25-06 need a 25” to 26” barrel? Cascade Yesterday at 02:03 AM
Ah the 25-06... Love it.

The usual standard is a 22-24" 1:10 twist barrel. Mine is a factory Remington 24" 1:10 twist.

100's at 3340 fps
115's at 3100 - 3190 fps

First round "hold on hair" kills at 400 - 420 yards using a 300 yard zero. Mild recoil. It's my go to rifle for mule deer, pronghorn and coyotes.

I have considered a fast twist .257" barrel, 26" long and chambered for 25-06 AI, but... Dunno if I'll ever do that. Would be pretty cool to shoot the new high BC .257" bullets from it. Then again I could just build a 6.5-06. Who knows? At this point it's all just a bit of a game. The standard 25-06 works great.

Enjoy your project and put the money into a quality barrel that you will enjoy using.

Regards, Guy
26 3,026 more...
Mausers and Military Rifles Jump to new posts
Re: 03A3 hard opening bolt tmitch Yesterday at 02:03 AM
Quick way to tell if it's the cocking surfaces................dry fire it, and before you lift the bolt, manually pull back the cocking piece to cock it and then lift the bolt
13 881 more...
Re: Chiming a guitar… longarm Yesterday at 02:02 AM
Hell yeah, buddy. Have a bit of knife news for you too. Will PM now
49 2,706 more...
Re: Bowie Knife RUM7 Yesterday at 02:02 AM
As I have kids in private school, farm land notes and plenty of other things to cut checks for every month, I try to be practical when I buy things for myself.
But, someday I hope to own a high end custom bowie knife. I think they are about the coolest knife ever made.
Great pics everyone.
41 3,111 more...
IC B3
Has Bristoe been arrested for trespassing? kolofardos Yesterday at 02:01 AM
3 617 more...
Re: Tuesday music thread tdbob Yesterday at 02:00 AM
22 1,020 more...
Muzzleloaders Jump to new posts
Re: Percussion cap alternatives gnoahhh Yesterday at 02:00 AM
Originally Posted by deerstalker
many of those sites that offer caps are scams. if they will only take paypal, zelle, or Nigerian currency they are a scam. if they offer stuff that the normal outlets don't have, they are scams.
seems in the last few years every cesspool in the world has spawned scammers. try posting a "wanted" ad. interesting bunch of linguists will reply.

Nah, the ones I referenced were Big Name Supply Houses like Graf's, Midway, Dixie, etc. I don't remember now exactly which ones. (I'm not inclined to do somebody else's homework again by conducting another Google search!)
8 644 more...
Re: 🌪️..Close Call MartinStrummer Yesterday at 02:00 AM
WHEW!
THAT was close!
27 2,060 more...
Re: another ATF [bleep] show MAC Yesterday at 01:59 AM
Never sell the gun. Sell the case and throw the gun in as a gift and write up the bill of sale for the case.
62 4,157 more...
Re: Chiming a guitar… Journeyman Yesterday at 01:59 AM
Originally Posted by longarm
Journeyman,
Send me a pic of those basses!

Next time I get home to Ketchum I will. I know you're a pro! I'll be at my place in Alabama the next several weeks sluicing turkeys. The only bass I have here is my 1972 Hollow Body Vox. It so rocks cause I can strum it around the campfire. Will snap a pic tomorrow if that interests you at all...
49 2,706 more...
Re: another ATF [bleep] show PaulBarnard Yesterday at 01:59 AM
The first person charged under that regulation for anything other than an egregious offense will challenge it up to the Supreme Court where it will be overturned. The regulation is far too vague.
62 4,157 more...
Re: another ATF [bleep] show Dillonbuck Yesterday at 01:59 AM
Can't help but wonder where FFL holders stand in this, who and how many have supported and encouraged it?

Suddenly they get to be like auctioneers.
A couple mi uses as a selling agent and 25% of the sale.
CHA, chinnnnng!
62 4,157 more...
Re: Ukraine’s “Counter-Offensive” Major Belly Flop Houston_2 Yesterday at 01:59 AM
Originally Posted by longarm
Houston2
Tardqueen
Tonka
Old Douche..

Not one of them can post pics.. laugh

ribka you’re really quite emotional and flailing. Settle down lest you founder little lady.
5,580 446,233 more...
Re: another ATF [bleep] show local_dirt Yesterday at 01:59 AM
Originally Posted by 22250rem
Reminds me of Waco, when they could have grabbed David Koresh anytime they wanted. He went into town on a regular basis. There's no excuse for what they did back then or what they do now. We no longer have a free market and are losing the rest of our freedom incrementally, as in, a little here, a little there, bit by bit. By the time America wakes up it will be too late, and they will find that they can't vote their way out of it. Welcome to the Great Society, folks.

Anybody they murder was always some kind of "terrorist".
62 4,157 more...
Re: Circus elephant loose in Montana K1500 Yesterday at 01:58 AM
Shrap will be on it asap.
48 3,023 more...
Free Classifieds Jump to new posts
Re: Holosun red dot sight Stubby Yesterday at 01:58 AM
Dang it!
3 433 more...
AR and Tactical Rifles Jump to new posts
Re: I need Help!(suppressor/gas issue...) prairie_goat Yesterday at 01:57 AM
Chuck that piece of schit into the Missouri and screw your can onto a 223. Even if a subsonic 300 Blackout is running correctly it's still a rainbow trajectory turd and you might as well have a 22 LR.
34 2,398 more...
Re: Bowie Knife The_Real_Hawkeye Yesterday at 01:56 AM
Originally Posted by 12344mag
A friend of mine had a very large Randall collection. he died 2 years ago and I have no idea what happened to the collection.
That sucks.

Reminds me of when I was a kid and visited my friend's house. He would always open his dad's fancy, glass front, gun cabinet, located in his study, and show me his guns (He had a beautiful old collection). I was always enamored with the pre-war Winchester 94 carbine in .30-30. A real old beauty.

When me and my friend were adults, many years later, his dad died. Not wanting to be uncouth, I figured I'd wait a month or two before asking what was going to happen to that 94. When I finally asked, thinking I'd offer to buy it from his mom (or him, if he was in possession of it), he told me his mom had it auctioned off, and it was gone.
41 3,111 more...
Re: 🌪️..Close Call Scotty Yesterday at 01:55 AM
Glad you are Okay.
27 2,060 more...
Page 159 of 177 1 2 157 158 159 160 161 176 177
AX24

576 members (1eyedmule, 007FJ, 12344mag, 10Glocks, 1234, 1beaver_shooter, 53 invisible), 2,657 guests, and 1,260 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,565
Posts18,453,783
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.