24hourcampfire.com
Active Threads | Active Posts | Unanswered Today | Since Yesterday | This Week
Free Classifieds Jump to new posts
Re: ++303 Savage Brass+++ 160user 03/26/24
Up
5 365 more...
Hunter's Campfire Jump to new posts
Re: After my Dad died. kwg020 03/26/24
I have one son and one grandson. I had 3 brothers. None of them had kids. 2 brothers left. My one daughter had a girl. Out of all of my cousins only a couple had boys and the last I knew, none of the boys had kids or they had girls. It all boils down to my grandson.

He's 9 and I'm not going to drop a big guilt trip on him. Unless there is one out there I don't know about, he's the last of 5 generations in this country to carry on the name.

kwg
78 5,160 more...
Re: Julian Assage granted right to appeal extradition ribka 03/26/24
Originally Posted by Crash_Pad
The Brits are being cagey. If he is granted the same protections as American citizens, his First Amendment rights. particularly as a journalist, render the charges mute. Case closed.

They’re going with he released classified docs. There’s no defense against that because there’s no way you can prove they aren’t damaging to the US because the US govt can use the “we can’t tell you because they are classified defense “”
9 531 more...
IC B2
Re: Lying Hiden Biden Tells Another WHOPPER Of A LIE. 🤪😂😂 Bobmar 03/26/24
I don’t think he’s trying to lie this time. He just doesn’t know where he is. I think he confused the Key Bridge with the Susquehanna River Rail Bridge. I’m sure as hell not trying to defend him, he lies about everything else but this time he’s confused. Most people wouldn’t know the difference if they didn’t know the area.
83 4,735 more...
Re: After my Dad died. wabigoon 03/26/24
Thessalonians 4:13-18
78 5,160 more...
Re: After my Dad died. Reloder28 03/26/24
My father’s death, when I was 12, was the happiest day of my life up to that point.
78 5,160 more...
Re: Hey LBP Irving_D 03/26/24
If he ever kicks the bucket I have a idea of cause
64 3,464 more...
Re: Old Pete during Pickets Charge 7mmbuster 03/26/24
Pete and McLaws, both from Georgia, looked alike, talked and acted alike. Maybe They were too much alike to get along!
But here, I don’t recall the particulars of the falling out. I’m gonna have to do a little research to refresh my memory before I can say anything else about it!
I’ll get back to you on this.
92 7,086 more...
Ask The Gunwriters Jump to new posts
Re: Mule Deer- If You Were Looking at Bird Dogs? Bugger 03/26/24
^lab^
39 3,347 more...
Re: Montana Gov candidate Busse sold millions of firearms earlybrd 03/26/24
Originally Posted by JakeM78
If it was raining puzzy, he'd get hit in the head with a dick.
Very good👍🤣
28 2,645 more...
IC B3
Re: F/S P365 XL Slide VAhuntr 03/26/24
Up
5 426 more...
Re: For Sale: Beretta A303 12ga shotgun Ackleyman 03/26/24
Great snag. My son tried his best to wear out his 303 shooting sporting clays when he was a teenager. Still runs and never misses a beat.
7 571 more...
Re: Montana Gov candidate Busse sold millions of firearms Mathsr 03/26/24
"Freedoms have to be equally balanced". Where does the Constitution say that?
28 2,645 more...
Re: Armed society is a polite society. antelope_sniper 03/26/24
Originally Posted by local_dirt
Originally Posted by TreeMutt
Massed Ayoob tells of an armed citizen who's just opened his jacket to show he was armed and was charged with a felony aggravated assault! I don't remember what state but probably can assume it was some lefty jurisdiction.

I'm no law expert so I don't know if it was a terroristic threat thing but the guy never even drew his weapon and was charged.

Eventually, he was acquitted, but what about a years worth of legal costs and aggravation?

MAGA!

Used to be a law like that in FL called brandishing. Not sure if we still have it.

We have it in Colorado.
10 970 more...
Ask The Gunwriters Jump to new posts
Re: Jarrett Rifles Reloder28 03/26/24
I hate to hear that. I met her in Houston when he was manning a booth. She was his helper & was probly 12ish.

Sad, sad, sad.
11 1,251 more...
Re: After my Dad died. Ackleyman 03/26/24
My Dad died at 71 from a heart attack in '04 after a year of failing health. Way too soon for me, I miss him everyday. We spent a lot of time together and I have lots of great memories. I am lucky to have a son and a new grandson to carry on the family name. I plan to spend as much time as I can with both of them. I hope they will have great memories of me when I am gone.
78 5,160 more...
Bullet Casting Jump to new posts
Re: Tin Feral_American 03/26/24
Originally Posted by scoony
I ordered the tin nuggets from Rotometal and for some reason they included a little smaller than a baseball size chunk of what I believe is tin. I was not sure, so I measured the volume and weight, and it matched tin, so thats what i am going with. Going to have to melt that ball down and divide it into smaller portions.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Dang, when they sent me my little bag of expensive nuggets I didn't get any big ball of tin. Lucky you.

I know I said I wasn't going to use any pewter, but the sitrep has changed. After some judicious research I've concluded what can be found and what is worth buying. Modern pewter that is stamped by reputable company's in Norway and England can be found online for pennies on the dollar compared to rotometals prices for tin, or even their pewter ingots.

I've melted down 3 very reasonably priced small pieces of modern post WW2 tableware from ebay already and got .70 pounds of good clean metal out of them. I have 3 more similar pieces inbound. Not to mention winning a bid on 13 pounds of scrap pewter (same caliber as the other pieces I've bought) for a quarter of the price of Rotometals tin. I would have gotten it for much less but it became a bidding war and I ended up leaving it alone for 10 or so hours and sniping it with 12 seconds left.

I'm gonna batch everything together and send a sample out with the rest of my bullet metal to find out what composition I have in it. I know I don't have any leaded pewter in all this, and if everything melts at half the melting point of zinc pewter, then I'm good to go. Probably a little more time/effort invested than the average caster would bother with but that's just how I roll with gun stuff.

With around 14 or 15 pounds total plus the pound of rotometal tin, I think I'm good for tin for a long while......
15 1,209 more...
Re: When Great Minds Work Together Burleyboy 03/26/24
It's not quail season this time of year.

Bb
4 476 more...
Hunting Trucks and Four-Wheel Drives Jump to new posts
Re: I’m mesmerized by a tire ! mainer_in_ak 03/26/24
Not surprised. Michelin doesn't market like the others. But no joke:

I've seen 35 inch Michelins balance with less than a 1/4 oz of wheel weight per tire

Tires that looked "mundane", cleared mud at less than 5 mph.

I ran Michelins on a lifted/locked HDJ 81 landcruiser.
6 593 more...
Rimfires Jump to new posts
Re: What's your best shooting target/matchgrade ammo bsa1917hunter 03/26/24
Originally Posted by Bearcat74
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter
Here was 5 with a lot of Lapua Pistol King my T1x really liked, obviously shot in good conditions

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

5 with a different lot of Pistol King

5 after adjustment

Here is a 10 shot group from the guy that beat me often with CenterX from his Vudoo

Here are two usbr cards I shot. I didn’t keep the 236 from Sunday with Pistol Match.

234 with my T1x and Pistol King. The top sighter is 7 shots. First was high, adjust, low, then I had my hold for 5

This was with the custom. Center sighter is 5 shots adjusting the scope. Left sighter is 3 shots. Right sighter was a new lot of ammo I opened during the card to check zero to finish. First was high and then I worked it down. It had a NF 12-42x56br scope with the 1/8 MOA clicks so it was quite precise.

Looking great. Now go and shoot the challenge target from day at the range.

I shot a new lot of Sk pistol, it’s ok. I thought the rain had quit but it came back and soaked everything. I shot a 67 and had four 0’s lol. 2 were my fault and 2 I have no idea.

The target pretty much disintegrated when I took it off the board between breeze and rain, so no pics.

I'm glad you shot it man. That gives some of these other guys an idea on how challenging it actually is. I think Certifiable and his bro's saw that from the beginning. I have commented on how some of the guys on youtube don't know wtf they are doing, but some of those guys that shoot rimfire are damn good. Not that there is much of a difference between shooting rimfire and centerfire, but it seems like the rimfire guys shoot a lot more, and they are consistently better shooters. Even here in this forum, I have noticed that. I've posted a few challenges here, and I always get participation from these guys. Much appreciated too!!!!

You are doing well in your USBR shoots too buddy!!!! That little Tikka is a shooting machine!! Loving that. A while back, I was wanting to buy one, but I held off.

If I were buying again I think I’d pick up a CZ Varmint, maybe an MTR, but the Varmints that I am shooting against are to handle. I’m not crazy about CZ stocks but that could be remedied via KRG Bravo.

How are the Bergara B14's doing? Seems like they shoot very well. As for the CZ's, it seems like your Tikka holds it's own against them.. it also seems like guys are putting Lilja barrels on the MTR's and Varmints. That's an extra $700.00, just to get the CZ's to shoot acceptably well. A good rifle should have a good factory barrel on it, like your Tikka for example. To me, that is more of a reason to buy a Tikka..
86 10,249 more...
Re: Did anyone like Linda Ronstadt ?? Reloder28 03/26/24
Originally Posted by Crash_Pad
Originally Posted by saddlesore
Good music but a far left flaming liberal
Give it a rest

Why?
91 6,452 more...
Hunting Rifles Jump to new posts
Re: 270, 280, 30-06. Which would chose? moosemike 03/26/24
Originally Posted by mainer_in_ak
I like all the metaphors I read of the 30-06. "If you can't kill it with a 30-06 you should hide. "

And then Phil Shoemakers dumbass metaphor about the 30-06 and marksmanship.

220 grain bullets from the 30-06 aren't all that special. But Elmer Keith already told yall so.

When animals get really big, there are better choices, rather than reciting "mangina metaphors". 338-06, 35 whelen, 9.3x62 Mauser, these are the standard cartridges that don't need to hide behind metaphors.

Be reasonable here, metaphors and opinions have nothing to do with reality.

4 well aimed kill shots from a 30-06 using 220 grain woodlieghs, piss poor results. These are the kind of bulls that gore and trample the largest of brown bears to mince meat pancakes:

11:43 the shooting begins:

So a 30-06 with 220's can't kill a Moose. I better tell mine that they didn't have to die. Especially since I only used Core-Lokts. They should jump down off the wall and head back to the bog.
117 12,668 more...
Re: Old Pete during Pickets Charge earlybrd 03/26/24
Back to Pete I think him and mclaws had some duals
92 7,086 more...
Re: Sako AV 375 HH fs npost 03/26/24
It was your rifle I believe, great shooting rifle and does not kick as bad as I thought it would. I just don't use it.
12 702 more...
Re: Julian Assage granted right to appeal extradition Crash_Pad 03/26/24
The Brits are being cagey. If he is granted the same protections as American citizens, his First Amendment rights. particularly as a journalist, render the charges mute. Case closed.
9 531 more...
Page 206 of 234 1 2 204 205 206 207 208 233 234
YB23

Who's Online Now
650 members (160user, 1234, 257 roberts, 1lessdog, 2500HD, 257Bob, 74 invisible), 2,761 guests, and 1,325 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,651
Posts18,399,172
Members73,817
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.