24hourcampfire.com
24hourcampfire.com
-->
Active Threads | Active Posts | Unanswered Today | Since Yesterday | This Week
Hunter's Campfire Jump to new posts
Re: Tennessee allows teachers to be armed. LeonHitchcox Yesterday at 12:54 PM
After the Columbine shootings the state of Tennessee decided that every school had to have a crisis intervention team. Sounds like a solid step forward until you realize that the team members were not allowed to have any firearms. I was on that team and it felt like I was supposed to tackle a threat empty handed. I did keep a ball bat in the corner by my desk for 10 years.
22 1,062 more...
Re: Grandaughter turned 21 yesterday rockinbbar Yesterday at 12:54 PM
Nice young lady!
46 2,133 more...
Lever Actions - General Jump to new posts
Re: Prompt Starline to make .300 Savage brass Mike_S Yesterday at 12:53 PM
Perhaps Hornady still sells .300 Savage brass.
9 544 more...
IC B2
Free Classifieds Jump to new posts
Re: 1965 Ford F100 One Owner highball Yesterday at 12:53 PM
Thats a good looking truck.
16 1,812 more...
Re: Ordering eye glasses on line. Sbrown Yesterday at 12:53 PM
Myself and the wife has used Zenni for a few years now and we are very satisfied.
Plus the cost for the quality you receive is justified! I can’t see myself using the box eyeglass stores.
18 1,051 more...
Re: Grandaughter turned 21 yesterday JamesJr Yesterday at 12:52 PM
I have a granddaughter that turns 21 next Monday, graduates from college with a 4 year degree that she got in 3 years, and then moves to a new city to begin her 3 year doctorate program. Time flies.
46 2,133 more...
Re: 257 Weatherby Ammo Lot Nzlhaed Yesterday at 12:51 PM
I’ll take these- text me (530)249-2808
3 363 more...
Re: Do not bring the Second Amendment into this courtroom. It doesn’t exist here." Boarmaster123 Yesterday at 12:51 PM
I heard once that Judges are just Attorneys that some Politician has become interested in…. You would think a judge would simply apply the laws to cases but thats far from the truth.
24 2,211 more...
Hunting Optics Jump to new posts
Re: Chinese Tasco vs El Paso Weaver Paul39 Yesterday at 12:51 PM
Your call. Hard to tell with just two individual scopes. How do they look through the tube? Optics, reticles? Those older Weavers were pretty tough, but the optics weren't all that great.

Patriotism? Weaver all the way.
3 432 more...
Re: Vaxx?! We don't need no stinking vaxx! The_Real_Hawkeye Yesterday at 12:51 PM
Originally Posted by IZH27
I haven’t read the article but based on the quote posted in bold I have a question. Are they proposing that antibiotic ointment will prevent viral infection?
When that particular antibiotic is applied to the interior of the nostrils, it appears to trigger the immune system's antiviral response such as to dramatically reduce the likelihood of a virus's spread to, or further development in, the lungs.
7 598 more...
IC B3
Re: Ham sammich Oldman03 Yesterday at 12:50 PM
Originally Posted by Simplepeddler
Say I want my bride to make me a ham sammich; do I walk in from work and tell her how fat she looks THEN ask for the sammich?

Asking for clarity on how to approach my liberal friends.

That is an oxymoron..... and if you have any, you are just a moron.
22 1,548 more...
Re: WTS post 64 Winchester Model 70 semi inlet stock TenX Yesterday at 12:49 PM
wildcat223
I sent you a PM
4 376 more...
Re: F/S Leupold VX-6 2-12X CDS (Non-HD) NCmountainhunter Yesterday at 12:48 PM
Per our PM, I’ll take this scope.
9 913 more...
Re: WTS- Sightron S1, 1.75-5x32G2 Houser52 Yesterday at 12:48 PM
TTT
18 1,478 more...
Re: Friend is working at a secret illegal alien camp Teal Yesterday at 12:47 PM
Originally Posted by Gojoe
It's the kind of thing that makes conspiracy minded folk hide handcuff keys and hacksaw blades in their stuff.
But I still don't believe in FEMA camps that are to be used for USC, Aliens yes.

I've been here awhile, that is in the US 4+ decades. I have zero evidence that the .gov would find putting American citizens in a Fema camp or other internment camps abhorrent and would never ever go down that rabbit hole.

I wasn't alive for it but my grandparents saw it happen first hand in WW2 - the government did it in the past.
History tells me that the .gov will happily do so because the American people tend to allow them "emergency powers" (see Covid, 9/11, FISA, etc) which also incentivizes the .gov to always find an emergency to apply them to.

As some say "Time is a flat circle" and "History doesn't repeat itself but it often rhymes" - to think that we'd not do today when history shows we did it when this country was much more free and less restrictive over all - doesn't make sense. This country hasn't become MORE respectful of a person's individual freedoms in the past 80 years. It's not suddenly going to find another restriction to be "wrong".
36 2,630 more...
Gunsmithing Jump to new posts
Re: Win. 1892 reline estimate gnoahhh Yesterday at 12:47 PM
Never messed with a 92. How much of a hassle is it to make a .25-20 feed .357's?
7 464 more...
Stock Market and Investing Jump to new posts
Re: Investing for dummies Chuck_R Yesterday at 12:47 PM
Originally Posted by hardway
Originally Posted by atomchaser
One strategy is to do your conversion from Trad 401K to Roth in early retirement when you can really keep your income down and stay in a low tax bracket when paying for the tax on the conversion.

Everyone keeps assuming I have a 401 k….. I do not. I have a pension plan that we are not able to contribute to.

By any chance do you pay into it? Not "contributions" per se, but deductions that help pay for your pension?

The reason I ask is that I paid into the .GOV FERS for a little over 15 years, it wasn't very much and money was deducted from my pay. When I started receiving that pension there's zero withholding coming out. Took a bit of research to sort out "why", but due to the FERS deductions being post tax, there's no taxes being withheld or paid on the 1st $20K of my GS pension.

It might be something you want to keep an eye on, IF you have contributions like I did.
37 5,028 more...
Re: Rem 700 6.5 CM by Kampfeld USMC2602 Yesterday at 12:46 PM
Good guy bump.
35 2,578 more...
Re: Vaxx?! We don't need no stinking vaxx! kappa8 Yesterday at 12:46 PM
Originally Posted by IZH27
I haven’t read the article but based on the quote posted in bold I have a question. Are they proposing that antibiotic ointment will prevent viral infection?

Originally Posted by kappa8
Originally Posted by BOBBALEE
“Our findings suggest that we might be able to optimize this cheap and generic antibiotic to prevent viral diseases and their spread in human populations, especially in global communities with limited resources,” Iwasaki said in a Yale news release. “This approach, because it is host-directed, should work no matter what the virus is.”

Yes, surprisingly that's exactly their contention.
7 598 more...
Re: What Confuses Me The Most About Those Who Got The Covid Shot(s) The_Real_Hawkeye Yesterday at 12:46 PM
Originally Posted by erikj
Yep.
174 16,564 more...
Re: WTS pre war Winchester model 70 semi inlet stock TenX Yesterday at 12:46 PM
TTT
5 469 more...
Re: Grandaughter turned 21 yesterday tndrbstr Yesterday at 12:46 PM
Congrats and Happy Birthday to her!
46 2,133 more...
Re: Spring Break at Tybee Island, GA - Hide the Children!! RJY66 Yesterday at 12:46 PM
Originally Posted by JeffyD
Ha ha ha. College students my arse!

College is a joke for the most part these days. Unless you go for something like, engineering, IT, or accounting, you go tens of thousands in debt for communist indoctrination and a useless degree.
72 5,239 more...
Re: Grandaughter turned 21 yesterday Boarmaster123 Yesterday at 12:46 PM
Best of luck for her future.
46 2,133 more...
Hunting Rifles Jump to new posts
Re: Could someone educate me on this 721? elkmen1 Yesterday at 12:45 PM
The 721, 30:06 was my first rifle, and I still have it. I had it rebarreled to 35 Whelen years ago, and a new composite stock was added. I moved up to a 300 WM and have not had it out in a long time. . A great simple solidly built rifle.
11 724 more...
Page 79 of 171 1 2 77 78 79 80 81 170 171
AX24

72 members (Algotguns, 21, 808outdoors, 1973cb450, ATC, 8 invisible), 1,420 guests, and 743 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,280
Posts18,467,675
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.