24hourcampfire.com
24hourcampfire.com
-->
Active Threads | Active Posts | Unanswered Today | Since Yesterday | This Week
Hunter's Campfire Jump to new posts
Re: American tourist facing possible 12-yearsprison sentence after ammo found in luggage Beretta_Shooter916 Yesterday at 06:57 PM
Originally Posted by duke61
Stay at home, drive to your destination if you can and don't fly

Unfortunately, warm sandy beaches and cheap drinks aren't close to where I live.
57 3,150 more...
Re: No guns!informed me RAM Yesterday at 06:57 PM
Sorry, crack in my phone, sometimes double types.
55 3,272 more...
Re: American tourist facing possible 12-yearsprison sentence after ammo found in luggage Valsdad Yesterday at 06:57 PM
Originally Posted by local_dirt
Originally Posted by Valsdad
Originally Posted by OldmanoftheSea
Originally Posted by night_owl
Why do people delight in traveling to poor countries where they're disliked / unwelcome.
Sense of arrogant superiority, maybe ?

Warm sandy beaches and drinks with little umbrellas in them.

Turks and Caicos is a cesspool. MANY better places to go.
Yeah, but is it a CHEAP cesspool?

Probably. But, I don't look at costs for a vacation there anymore because I've had many friends go there and tell me what a schithole it was when they got back.
Some folks ain't rich like us thought, and have to go where they can afford. grin
57 3,150 more...
IC B2
Free Classifieds Jump to new posts
Re: Ruger rings F/S LazyL0228 Yesterday at 06:56 PM
Tag
1 204 more...
Handguns Jump to new posts
Re: Ruger security six MontanaMarine Yesterday at 06:56 PM
FWIW, cylinder diameter on my Sec-Six is 1.50".
25 1,528 more...
Re: American tourist facing possible 12-yearsprison sentence after ammo found in luggage local_dirt Yesterday at 06:55 PM
Originally Posted by slumlord
They throwed my jar of peanut butter in the no-no bin in Las Vegas airport

What about your box of animal crackers? Did they throw your animal crackers in the no-no bin, too.
57 3,150 more...
Re: Its meme time Morewood Yesterday at 06:55 PM
[Linked Image from blogger.googleusercontent.com]
78,165 14,630,188 more...
Gunsmithing Jump to new posts
Re: Headspace question Offshoreman Yesterday at 06:55 PM
So your new headspace could be 3-4 thousandths difference from original; I think the first thing I would do would be to check everything with headspace gage(s). I can understand your gunsmith's reluctance because tightening further could damage the Cerakote, but you didn't state whether he rechecked the headspace, etc.
9 664 more...
Re: Wrecked Tacoma - Buy or Pass? Magnum_Bob Yesterday at 06:54 PM
Life's hard enough without focking yourself in the ass. Go find a clean one.mb
52 2,641 more...
Re: Do you wordle?🤣😂🤣 Valsdad Yesterday at 06:54 PM
Originally Posted by FatCity67
Wordle 1,040 4/6*

⬜🟨⬜⬜🟨
⬜⬜🟨🟨⬜
🟨🟨⬜⬜🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩
gray yellow gray gray yellow
g g y y g
y y g g green
green green green green green

there,

did I wordle that one good enough?
27 1,658 more...
IC B3
Re: American tourist facing possible 12-yearsprison sentence after ammo found in luggage local_dirt Yesterday at 06:53 PM
Originally Posted by Valsdad
Originally Posted by OldmanoftheSea
Originally Posted by night_owl
Why do people delight in traveling to poor countries where they're disliked / unwelcome.
Sense of arrogant superiority, maybe ?

Warm sandy beaches and drinks with little umbrellas in them.

Turks and Caicos is a cesspool. MANY better places to go.
Yeah, but is it a CHEAP cesspool?

Probably. But, I don't look at costs for a vacation there anymore because I've had many friends go there and tell me what a schithole it was when they got back.
57 3,150 more...
Re: Wrecked Tacoma - Buy or Pass? Hotrod_Lincoln Yesterday at 06:53 PM
Unless there's major structural damage, a "salvage title" doesn't bother me. I've bought several low mileage "totals" from insurance companies for ridiculously low cash prices, repaired them, and run them until they literally fell apart. I don't give a damn about any sort of insurance other than liability. Anything beyond a fender bender I can fix myself is going to end up sending the car to scrap anyway. I'll buy another total, fix it, and drive it for 200K miles or more.
52 2,641 more...
Re: Hey Rick, how did the campfire come to be? 1minute Yesterday at 06:53 PM
dot coms were all the rage about 20 years ago. Some made, and some didn't.
40 2,555 more...
Free Classifieds Jump to new posts
Re: FS: Nightforce, Sig Sauer, Christensen, Bergara; rifles and pistol 907brass Yesterday at 06:53 PM
$750 for the sig
$1,100 for the bergara 22lr

The 6.5 has a local tire kicker, but I will update the price if he passes on it.
3 692 more...
Re: Its meme time DMc Yesterday at 06:53 PM
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
78,165 14,630,188 more...
Big Game Rifles Jump to new posts
Re: 9.3x72R capabilities Q_Sertorius Yesterday at 06:48 PM
My older brother has one. The cartridge design is not very efficient and the rifles in which it is chambered are not usually very strong. Do not confuse it with its much more powerful cousin, the 9.3x74R. For practical purposes, use it like a .30-30. Additionally, please note that unlike the 9.3x74R, which uses .366 bullets, the 9.3x72R normally uses .364 bullets.

PS - I have noticed on GunBroker what I regard as a disturbing tendency to list obsolete old 9.3x70/72/80R rifles as 9.3x74R. If someone does fire a 9.3x74R in one of those, it is likely to end badly for the rifle and/or shooter. I cannot stress enough the importance of getting a chamber case and bore slug done. I emailed one seller to ask about a rifle and he informed me that he had a chamber cast done. I called him and discussed the dimensions he reported. Even after we agreed that his "9.3x74R" was actually a 9.3x72R, he kept it listed - and sold it - as a 9.3x74R.
3 240 more...
Re: WTH? 1minute Yesterday at 06:48 PM
My advice: Take a couple days off, eat some chicken soup, and don't worry about it.

Maybe a little tetracycline if it's a social disease.
22 1,299 more...
Re: Hey Rick, how did the campfire come to be? plumbum Yesterday at 06:47 PM
Originally Posted by LRoyJetson
Refugees from a failing board many moons ago.

Que the boomers with their member number, lowest number wins extra ice cream. laugh laugh

Que? confused laugh
40 2,555 more...
Re: Flaming arrow 7mm_Loco Yesterday at 06:47 PM
tried the Cat tail torches too... no luck either...
17 1,144 more...
Re: WTH? Magnum_Bob Yesterday at 06:46 PM
Quit jacking your root go get some Ivermectin it will take care of it and your worms. Mb
22 1,299 more...
Re: April 25, 1976, Rick Monday RickBin Yesterday at 06:45 PM
I was there. smile
14 1,013 more...
Re: Norwegian learns not to mess with Memphis cops The_Real_Hawkeye Yesterday at 06:45 PM
Originally Posted by Boarmaster123
He didnt get his azz handed to him for what he said. He got too close for comfort to the cops doing their job. Even after being told to stay back many times.
Yes, and with a threatening body posture that any reasonable person, in consideration of the totality of the circumstances, would perceive as a prelude to violence.
43 2,823 more...
Re: American tourist facing possible 12-yearsprison sentence after ammo found in luggage Riverc Yesterday at 06:45 PM
Y'all think if they liberal,queers Biden will trade terrorist for them like he did for the black queer basketball player?
57 3,150 more...
Trapping Jump to new posts
Re: Gobbler down! Trapping paying off. SDLEFTY Yesterday at 06:43 PM
Our governor in SD has issued a bounty program. $10/tail of coon, possum, badger, skunk and fox capped at 500k I think. I've seen great results and my boy has really taken to it. He turned 180 tails in yesterday. I've got more pheasants and turkey than I've seen in years. Also got some partridge. Those have been rarer then hen's teeth.
22 2,175 more...
Predators and Varmints Jump to new posts
Re: Working up a load for .22-250 Q_Sertorius Yesterday at 06:43 PM
Originally Posted by T_O_M
Originally Posted by Q_Sertorius
Is the chart correct that I should expect the best results from bullets 50 grains and under?

It's about length, not weight. The two are generally connect but not absolutely so. Boat tail vs flat based, polymer tipped vs lead tipped vs hollowpoint, and conventional cup and core vs partition vs monolithic all matter.

I expect lead core 50s to work with a 1-14" twist. Most 52-53s will but the 53 grain VMAX likely won't. 55 are a mixed bag. Flat based lead, probably. Others less likely. 60s .. the only 60 I've had work out is the soft point flat base Hornady. Others .. hollowpoint, vmax/ballistic tip, or anything boat tailed, or the partition, all failed. With monolithic bullets (Barnes X) I'd expect 45s to work, wouldn't bet on anything heavier.

A lot of stuff you'll just have to try. I'd start with the 50 grain ballistic tip or VMAX. Don't overlook the 50 grain Hornady SX or TNT, they've held together for me at max velocity with relatively new, smooth throats and barrels though they may fail as the gun wears / throat gets rougher.

Thank you. I thought the bullet length would be very important. My understanding of ballistics is limited, but with a slower twist, I should be looking at shorter bullets. The previous owner made some interesting choices, because the rifle has a standard length action (which would allow for very long OAL), but then the slow twist will make those longer bullets less accurate. I'll try out the 45- and 50- grain bullets first.

wink I guess I need some 80-grain depleted uranium core bullets for shooting ground hogs at 600 yards. Anyone got a few of those laying around? wink
14 1,256 more...
Page 94 of 168 1 2 92 93 94 95 96 167 168
AX24

581 members (160user, 11point, 10gaugemag, 06hunter59, 12344mag, 007FJ, 57 invisible), 2,986 guests, and 1,237 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,352
Posts18,468,867
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.