24hourcampfire.com
24hourcampfire.com
-->
Active Threads | Active Posts | Unanswered Today | Since Yesterday | This Week
Rimfires Jump to new posts
Re: Those CZ 457s bsa1917hunter 04/17/24
Originally Posted by olgrouser
In Canada we are able to source made to order drop-in or prefit IBI barrels. Barrels described by the manufacturer as "based in Olympic level technology":

https://internationalbarrels.com/product-category/rimfire-barrels/

Some serious money can be spent on optics and barrels in the pursuit of accuracy!

The game for me is like shooting during a solar eclipse. All the stars have to align for a few moments in time. At 64 years of age, work related damage has caused issues with my hands as I suffering with bursitis at the shoulder, tendonitis at the elbow, carpal tunnel at the wrist, white finger syndrome and locking joints giving me "trigger finger" not to mention three heart medications messing with my body's natural rhythms - with all that nerve damage in my arms all the stars really do need to align for me to shoot groups reasonable well.

And it's memorable when it happens!

So between the rifleman, the ammo and the modern 22LR firearm (not to mention wind or temperature) the rifle has the most variables one can reduce so that it may perform consistently in the chain of fire.

Accuracy and precise shooting is a worthy pursuit. smile

Good post. I've heard good things about those IBI barrels. Watched some videos on Youtube, but have never seen one in the wild. I don't know what they cost, but to pay $700 for a Lilja is something I'll never do. I'd rather shoot my $199.99 Savage MK1, and yes, it shoots well enough..

So, your comment about "a lot of money can be spent in the pursuit of accuracy", just the opposite can also be said too. Some of you guys thinking you need to spend a ton of money, to have an excellent shooting rifle, need to get out a little more. That also goes for optics on a 22lr. You don't have to spend thousands on a good scope. It's all in how you approach it.
16 1,261 more...
Free Classifieds Jump to new posts
Trade 30mm Ruger Stainless Rings for 1"? Biebs 04/17/24
I have a Ruger Alaskan with 30mm stainless rings, but don't want to put that big of a scope on it. Trade for 1" rings?
0 51 more...
Hunter's Campfire Jump to new posts
Re: She's right, but for all the wrong reasons MontanaMarine 04/17/24
Originally Posted by Morewood
She went on to warn "marginalized communities" and minorities to "divest" from institutions and systems in the U.S. and enter into a "self-preservation" mode, arguing that it's clear they "will not save us."

Welfare and food stamps included in this divestment?

Suure..

Not to mention subsidized housing, medicaid, child tax credits, social services, and on and on.
17 1,484 more...
IC B2
Re: Browning Cynergy 20ga over/Under Mk7mmSTW 04/17/24
Still for sale
14 1,770 more...
Canada Jump to new posts
Re: RIP Klaus Hiptmayer Canadian Gunsmith KillerBee 04/17/24
Hi PennDog

This is my Klaus Hiptmayer Sporterized BSA M1917.

BSA bought a lot of surplus M1917s in the late 1940s and Sporterized them and sold them as Hunting Rifles by the thousands I believe into the North American market for $180.00 lol

My father made friends with an older man when he was a kid, this man took a liking to my father and took him Moose and Deer hunting, because my Grandfather didn’t hunt.

My father shot his first moose with it when he was 15 I believe, this is him with the same rifle when it was a Sporterized BSA. Taken from a picture on my office wall.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

When this older gentleman passed away, he willed the rifle to my father, this happened in the early 70’s.

When my father received it, he commissioned Klaus to make a hand-fitted custom stock for him. The design of the stock is a Ferlach Austrian Design, with a Schnabel Forend treatment.

The stock was hand-cut and crafted by Klaus from a block of French Walnut. The signature plaque on the stock butt was engraved by Heide.

My father never used this rifle and had it in his gun collection and gave it to me when I told him I was moving out west to hunt big game.

I have hunted hard with it for decades and did a pretty good job denting and scratching it up so as mentioned I refinished it, after steaming out the dents and lightly sanding the deep scratches.

One of the bad dents in the cheek of the stock.

Stripped, and Repaired by me.

Tung Oiling Stage

What it looks like now after I refinished it, did the best I could.

My father’s and Klaus’s Signature on the butt plaque.

Thanks for looking
15 1,116 more...
Re: FS - Sako Optilock bases and rings for model 75/85 eblake 04/17/24
Woops! That info was supposed to be included. They are 30mm rings.
3 268 more...
Re: Turning F 16s into drones at Elgin Rapier 04/17/24
The spelling is Eglin, spell check tends to change it, to Elgin but the base is not just huge, it is one of the largest military complexes in the world by land mass size. It goes from near the Alabama state line to the Gulf of Mexico, then has thousands of square miles of ranges, plural, in the Gulf of Mexico. Every branch of service has a good size presence on Eglin, US Army (Ranger Jungle school Camp Rudder, 7th SF Group Hq), US Navy (Naval Warfare EOD school), State Dept (Embassy Counter Terroist training School) USAF (15th, 78th Air Force, AGGOS, AFSOC, USAF R&D Center) The RQS (rescue and SPl Ops) has a unit that has the largest concentration of PJs in one place in the world. Then they have a separate Unit for remote vehicles of all types for land and air. An of course Eglin is the home base of the special 130s, The Spectere AKC-130 gun ships and the Talons. Plus a Coast Guard Base.

This is the base where Dolittle practiced for the Tokyo raid, it has hosted many famous mission practice sessions, like the Son Tey raid, Iran IBM personell rescue, etc., including building entire towns and compounds plus it is used to train many friendly nation's personnel.
89 4,914 more...
Rimfires Jump to new posts
Re: Those CZ 457s bsa1917hunter 04/17/24
Originally Posted by Bearcat74
I shoot against an MTR and 4-5 Varmint in various stock configurations and they are always hard to deal with.

I wish Tikka would make a T1x with a Varmint/MTR heavy barrel profile 20-22".

If Tikka would make a tiny CTR in a 22lr, I'd be all over that!! 22" heavy barrel, would be cool. I know your T1x shoots damn well, but one that looks like a CTR would be cool.
16 1,261 more...
Re: Irreconcilable Differences alwaysoutdoors 04/17/24
Originally Posted by KFWA
giving some posting misgivings of the past, I thought this was going to be a marriage status announcement
Me too, brother
41 3,097 more...
Re: Irreconcilable Differences KFWA 04/17/24
giving some posting misgivings of the past, I thought this was going to be a marriage status announcement
41 3,097 more...
IC B3
Handguns Jump to new posts
Re: I don't know how this happened I don't even like a 9 mm MontanaMarine 04/17/24
I'm at six pistols, and one carbine.

Then I recently saw this revolver, and I'm really intrigued. Is this even legal?????

https://www.sportsmans.com/shooting...-475in-blued-revolver-6-rounds/p/1804236
35 2,591 more...
The Lefty Forum Jump to new posts
Re: First Lefty Rifle - Input Wanted Gringo Loco 04/17/24
Originally Posted by Enels57
I ended up winning a gun broker auction on a m77 Hawkeye 270 that looks basically brand new for $625. Still has original box and contents so we will see when it comes in.

Now to search for rings and an optic 👌

Appreciate everyone's input here

Nice score. I think you'll be pleased.

The Hawkeye has a more svelte stock than the MKII's. I think that's an improvement. As oldpinecrick stated, it will have the LC6 trigger. While the MKII trigger is not great out of the box, it can be worked to an excellent trigger and is reliable. There were some late MKII's that shipped with the LC6. Hawkeyes early on had a matte finish on the metal that was a little delicate/easy to mar which Ruger then changed to a more durable satin finish. Hopefully, you got the satin finish. MKIIs were polished metal. Other difference is the Hawkeye bottom metal/floorplate is steel with the Ruger bird engraved. MKII's had aluminum floorplates without any engraving, except on the stainless steel MKIIs, which have stainless floorplates sans engraving.

Look forward to you posting a report on your acquisistion and welcome to the campfire.
40 3,254 more...
Re: How Sure Are You Trump Will Beat Lying F'N Biden local_dirt 04/17/24
Originally Posted by jaguartx
Originally Posted by AKCHOPPER
Jag, I really think that she's not interested in the job. .02

We are watching a movie. It doesn't matter what Michael wants, as long as he doesn't want to be "Sorta gone". wink

Like Q said, "How do you slip one in." whistle

Just like Trump said about Biden, "He's shot in the head." "He doesn't know if he alive or dead." "He's not the same Joe Biden." " He's a different guy".

Remember Trump saying a few weeks ago that if he fought Biden, "I would hit him in his fake nose and plastic would shatter everywhere?" That was a clue. grin

https://youtube.com/shorts/6M5nLUAKYjA?si=r5kloIg7XyBLf7cB

He's a schitball chameleon.
99 5,726 more...
Re: Buc-Ees, never been Barney_Fife 04/17/24
WGAF it's a gas station with some food and a lot of schitterz.
75 3,541 more...
Re: Winchester SX3 Semi 12 ga….Excellent plus boatboy 04/17/24
As stated Great Gun

Good luck with sale

Hank
6 474 more...
Hunting Optics Jump to new posts
Butler Creek scope cover for Arken SH4 6x24 50 pavementends 04/17/24
Does anyone know what size Butler Creek covers are needed for the Arken 6x24 50mm scope? The Arken ones will not fit with my scope mounted as low as it is.
2 279 more...
The Lefty Forum Jump to new posts
Re: First Lefty Rifle - Input Wanted Enels57 04/17/24
Originally Posted by OGB
I like the leupold made "ruger" rings.

I was looking at those and the warne rings. The warne rings look more robust but a pain if you swap scopes, which I don't do frequently.
40 3,254 more...
Re: Irreconcilable Differences jimone 04/17/24
I'm going to start refering to rainbow and groomer flags as Mental Illness Flags.
41 3,097 more...
Re: She's right, but for all the wrong reasons Morewood 04/17/24
She went on to warn "marginalized communities" and minorities to "divest" from institutions and systems in the U.S. and enter into a "self-preservation" mode, arguing that it's clear they "will not save us."

Welfare and food stamps included in this divestment?

Suure..
17 1,484 more...
Re: Anyone buy DJT? Raeford 04/17/24
Originally Posted by BuckHaggard
Originally Posted by RHOD
Originally Posted by BuckHaggard
Originally Posted by Houston_2
Up 10% this morning.

The regime loving cock sockets will be along shortly to tell you you are wrong.

Buy some shares then, buy lots of them.

Right on cue.

TDS allows nothing less.
187 14,919 more...
Upland Game Jump to new posts
Re: Woodcock search battue 04/17/24
Woodcock are great for Dog work development. Especially when you catch the flight and can get 100 plus contacts a day. I shoot a few for the Dog, but find them hard eating.
14 776 more...
Hunting Optics Jump to new posts
Re: S&K scope mounts. Who uses them? hunter2405 04/17/24
I have one set of rings and bases from gentry for a model seven in 350 Remington magnum and have never had any trouble with them , I have 30+ sets of the S &Ks on all the limbers and Remington 700s

I have never had any trouble with the scope slipping or loosing up under recoil, S & K rings and bases look great also and are very light !!!!!
44 56,188 more...
Re: Irreconcilable Differences local_dirt 04/17/24
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
Which stage of grief is Apathy?

Good one.
41 3,097 more...
Re: How Sure Are You Trump Will Beat Lying F'N Biden Switch 04/17/24
Sure as hell hope so! IMHO I wish we had someone other than Trump running! I'm a Trump supporter, however I love his policies but don't particularly like the man. Policies are what are the most important, not personality! So many people, along with the media, hate Trump and will vote against him, it happened in 2020. Any other candidate would win in a landslide over Biden, Even that knot head Nikki was betting Biden by 17 points in a head to head match up.

Don't get me wrong Trump has my vote and I pray he wins, I do not think the USA can survive another 4 years of Biden and God forbid Harris if and when Biden dies or is unable to continue in the office.

This [bleep] all started with Obama and it continues today! He is a true Communist and wants the total ruin of the United Sates Of America! IMO he is running thing now. No good SOB!
99 5,726 more...
Big Game Rifles Jump to new posts
Re: Reloading items to relocate sdh56 04/17/24
I may be interested in some of you items. Send me a provide message with contact inoformation, so we can discuss it.
3 728 more...
Page 198 of 633 1 2 196 197 198 199 200 632 633
AX24

585 members (10Glocks, 257man, 10gaugeman, 1_deuce, 222Sako, 222ND, 66 invisible), 2,639 guests, and 1,323 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,672
Posts18,456,039
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.