24hourcampfire.com
24hourcampfire.com
-->
Active Threads | Active Posts | Unanswered Today | Since Yesterday | This Week
Hunter's Campfire Jump to new posts
Re: CO - Reintroduced wolf found dead in Larimer County Squidge 45 minutes ago
Here's more on the other dead wolf from the Great Lakes region. How did it end up in Colorado?

https://www.outdoorlife.com/conservation/great-lakes-wolf-in-colorado/
21 1,504 more...
Ask The Gunwriters Jump to new posts
Re: Pressure CX v LRX v TTSX bwinters 45 minutes ago
For what it's worth, I ran Gordon's with the 0.277 130 GMX, 130 TTSX, 130 etip. For the same calculated pressure, both the 130 etip and130 TTSX used the exact same powder charge to reach a given pressure (~ 62k psi). The GMX used 3 grains less powder across the board to attain the same pressure with the 4 powders I played with - H4350, H4831, Re23, Re26. Velocities in the GMX were also lower than the TTSX and etip.

I'm always wary of trusting pressure/velocty/charge software but for exercises like this, I think it has some merit.

My take away: the GMX/CX seems to generate higher pressures for a given charge weight than the etip or TTSX. I've never shot any GMX or CX in any cartridge so have no first hand empirical evidence to support or refute that statement. I do find it interesting nonetheless,

I will say the modeled charge weight-velocity is pretty damn close to bullets/charges I use in my rifles. This also assumes if the charge weight and velocity match empirical results, the pressure is "accurate". No way you know that for sure without pressure testing.
18 1,529 more...
Re: MN DFL state senator Nicole Mitchell charged with felony burglary Seafire 48 minutes ago
Originally Posted by Nollij
Mitchell Impossible charged with felony burglary

This is too much to write about. Read the link and accompanying articles if you care. She breaks into her stepmothers home at 4:30 in the morning dressed all in black, and with a taped up flashlight, to supposedly perform a welfare check on her “alzheimers addled” stepmother. It gets better from there. Her Dad recently passed, and she decided to steal some crap back from her evil stepmother. Charges were filed, and a restraining order signed.
Ahhh….the lies and double standards of the DFL commies in this state know no bounds. Today the DFLers are all concerned about due process for Mitchell, but had no problem passing red flag laws last year that could remove a persons private property without the first hint of due process.
She is already being called Mitchell Impossible. The DFL spin machine is working overtime. Our precipitous slide continues. I would hope that justice is served, but she is a DFLer. 'nuff said.

I miss Minnesota, but NOT the DFL's BS. I miss the lots of good people back there...
3 373 more...
IC B2
Free Classifieds Jump to new posts
Re: WTS Tarhunt RSG-20ga slug gun jobugg 49 minutes ago
$2000.00 plus shipping
6 725 more...
Re: College Protests BCBH 53 minutes ago
Originally Posted by Stormin_Norman
The media is really hyping it up, so you know who controls the media. If it was a black lives or homo’s rights rally would the response be the same? Not likely.

As far as I could tell the protesters were not threatening anyone. Free speech includes speech you don’t like.

The eternal victims are kvetching so its time to roll back everyone's rights.
21 785 more...
Re: Got My CMP 1917 Enfield Seafire 53 minutes ago
1917 Enfield is my most favorite action. Its built like a 53 Buick.... S O L I D !

Nice Score. I wouldn't touch a thing on it...

On my short list of desireable rifles... I'd love to find a Model 30S Remington, chambered in a 250 Savage.

Its a civilian version of the 1917 Enfield action, in a shorter package.
11 466 more...
Re: BIDEN - Good at reading..... 'Pause' Seafire 56 minutes ago
In an Assisted Living Facility, they wouldn't give Joe a key to his room, because his state of mental acuity, he could lock himself into his room.

yet the DemocRATS want to put him in the White House, and give him the keys to the nuclear missile codes.

but who is the real idiots? JOE or his handlers? I fear his handlers more than I fear Joe. And I wouldn't even give Joe the keys to an outhouse with a lock on the door.
10 509 more...
Re: BIDEN - Good at reading..... 'Pause' gunswizard 1 hour ago
The scary part for me is that brain dead idiot has the nuclear launch codes.
10 509 more...
Hunting Rifles Jump to new posts
Re: Chambering for low recoil deer round handwerk 1 hour ago
My kids started with .243/80 grain Barnes TTSX, worked great.
113 15,620 more...
Australia Jump to new posts
Re: Australia going full retard kolofardos 1 hour ago
Originally Posted by mauserand9mm

Our politicians are dickheads. Our Albanese is like your Biden except a little bit more coherent but not making any more sense.

Albanese is a wanna be dictator who is removed from reality and doesn't know what people want. He's the delusional clown behind the failed Voice attempt. He arrogantly claims to know and represent what the people want - what a tosser and an international embarrassment!

I'm Canadian, but your description of Albanese could very well be for our PM as well
311 39,511 more...
IC B3
Re: ? Shipping a rifle to Alaska ? jk16 1 hour ago
I shipped a rifle to an Anchorage FFL about 2 months ago.

I.guess some folks won't ship to AK because of the cost shipping . It will be expensive.-$100 to $150+ fully insured.

As lomg as the buyer pays the shipping, I do not see an issue.
1 100 more...
? Shipping a rifle to Alaska ? JustLucky 1 hour ago
What is the problem in selling a rifle to someone who lives in Alaska? I am thinking of selling a rifle that seems to be more popular there and always read where sellers note that they won’t ship to Alaska.
1 100 more...
Re: CO - Reintroduced wolf found dead in Larimer County shootbrownelk 1 hour ago
Originally Posted by CCCC
Those bio and wildlife bureaucrats whose paychecks depend on managing installation programs and shepherding wolves, etc. can get real touchy when their little worlds are disturbed. During 20 some years up in the Gila we witnessed some disturbing and sad activity on the part of those types.
We had the same deal here in Wyoming when they "Reintroduced" (dumped) those worthless POS wolves on us back in the mid 90's. I think the bastard who was the head honcho that oversaw the management (protection) of the wolves was Bangs, I forget is first name. After they got the population up to were you could never get rid of them, he retired and moved to Colorado....big shocker there. Maybe he's up to his shenanigans again down there in Colofornia.
21 1,504 more...
Re: Got My CMP 1917 Enfield thumbcocker 2 hours ago
What a beast! Very nice
11 466 more...
Re: Q K22 2 hours ago

No I haven't.
45,294 3,990,706 more...
Ask The Gunwriters Jump to new posts
Re: Mule Deer - CWD? MickeyD 2 hours ago
I saw an article (can't remember where) last week that said there were two deer hunters that apparently contracted CWD from a deer they had killed and have subsequently died from it.
The article suggested that CWD appears to have made the jump to being transmissible to humans, though it did say test were, as yet, conclusive.
12 812 more...
Handguns Jump to new posts
Re: Another 1911 Vic_in_Va 2 hours ago
Good deal! Enjoy your new toy.
2 227 more...
Re: Menard’s troublesome82 2 hours ago
Originally Posted by slumlord
Figured they was the shizzot after wabigoon bragging on them

They may be just fine to deal with in your area. As mentioned during the covid thing the two here were unbearable to shop in, but where I am at in WI is a freaking liberal hub !
48 2,112 more...
Re: Got My CMP 1917 Enfield Vic_in_Va 2 hours ago
Originally Posted by AcesNeights
I’d drill and tap it, mount a 5-30x50 Vortex and cut the wood down….maybe engrave a deer in the stock.

….or just leave it original.

That’s a beautiful rifle and it’s really nice to see an original example still survived the 100+ years. 👍🏼

Congratulations on getting something better than you expected.

Why so small of a scope?

And that is a nice rifle!
11 466 more...
Re: CO - Reintroduced wolf found dead in Larimer County Daverageguy 2 hours ago
No one from this forum had anything to do with it. And I've never been to Colorado.
21 1,504 more...
Re: 17hmr good for coyotes? 10gaugemag 2 hours ago
Originally Posted by JefeMojado
Bought the first Ruger 17/77 that hit Tucson Arizona at Jensens Gun Shop, can't even remember the year, maybe 2000 or 2001? They didn't even have ammunition available yet and had to give me a rain check for when some came in. I took the whole month of November and dedicated it to only using the 17HMR. Shot 26 coyotes, a few fox and one bobcat that month. The HMR is not a coyote rifle/cartridge, and I learned that real quick. I was always aware of the range and kept it short as I could, and the shot as precise as I could, passing a few coyotes because I didn't want to risk a loss. I lost three coyotes of the 26, and had to hunt around for quite a few more because they ran off a good bit before piling up.
Several were impressive drop in their tracks or a liver hit spin for 20 seconds before dropping, but enough were sprinters that I quickly learned, as I suspected, there just wasn't enough bullet weight and speed to do what a lot of people expected and I had hoped for. Fun little cartridge, great on jackrabbits, ground squirrels, grackles and pissin around, but by no stretch a coyote rifle.
I am not sure anyone expected it to be a coyote slayer.
46 2,111 more...
Re: Hey Rick, how did the campfire come to be? Daverageguy 2 hours ago
I think alcohol was Involved. It escalated quickly afterwards.
36 1,991 more...
Hunting Rifles Jump to new posts
Re: PRIME Time............... pal 2 hours ago
Originally Posted by 6mmCreedmoor
[Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]

Nice.
21,022 2,315,477 more...
Alaska Jump to new posts
Re: Ruger mkii ss boat paddle GoZags 2 hours ago
Love my boat paddle in 30-06. Would be a buyer if anyone is selling in any caliber.
6 607 more...
Free Classifieds Jump to new posts
Re: 22PPC Finish Reamer WayneShaw 3 hours ago
Bump again
3 245 more...
Page 2 of 601 1 2 3 4 600 601
AX24

184 members (12344mag, 22kHornet, 10Glocks, 35, 257 roberts, 2UP, 22 invisible), 2,216 guests, and 876 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,281
Posts18,467,711
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.