24hourcampfire.com
Active Threads | Active Posts | Unanswered Today | Since Yesterday | This Week
Hunter's Campfire Jump to new posts
Re: Boomers, can we unite..... Sycamore 21 minutes ago
Originally Posted by Valsdad
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
I like Russian Olive.

Our wildlife biology friend hates them.
Great for windbreaks, decent shade, I think they smell OK during flowering, as I recall the honey from them is not bad. I was thinking when I lived on the Palouse of getting some large sections from trees and seeing what I might make from the wood. I think somewhere in my travels I may have seen some revolver stocks made from it and they looked half decent.

From a biological standpoint though.......................it's a pain in the ass.

Maybe not as bad as salt cedar/tamarisk.............but not good either.

russian olive has a native cousin in MT, ND and wyoming, ut.

silverberry or wolf willow. supposed to be a little around 4 corners, but I find that hard to believe.
66 2,610 more...
Re: Boomers, can we unite..... Jim_Conrad 21 minutes ago
One man's overuse of water is another man's kickstarted water cycle.
66 2,610 more...
Re: Campfire Boooomers Jim_Conrad 22 minutes ago
Originally Posted by gunzo
Suddenly, all my years of factory work, even in skilled trades has just been sucked to nothing. Always wondered why all those guys farmed after work.

Hell, the factory was a front. The farming was where the big money was at. grin

Yep. You should try it.
798 49,449 more...
IC B2
Re: Its meme time DMc 23 minutes ago
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
75,315 13,982,290 more...
Re: Campfire Boooomers Jim_Conrad 23 minutes ago
Originally Posted by Blackheart
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
That's fine, killer. I never lied, unlike yourself.

Did your ex wives have "real man jobs" like your made up smoke stack foreman told you about?
The fuuuuck you didn't lie. You're the biggest damn liar here. Bullshyt everybody about what a fine, upstanding hard woirking family man rancher you are, meanwhile you sit on your dead ass raking in taxpayers dollars to support your whiskey and donut habits. And here you are giving shyt to the boomers for collecting Social Security when you should be thanking them for supporting your dead ass. What a fuuckin hypocritical loser. I had you pegged right all along. Ain't no way in hell you can be that fat and be very damn active, thats for damn sure. Have you actually needed to make any money for yourself all these years or have the taxpayer funded subsidies been sufficient to support you and yours in a lifestyle satisfatory to your taste ?

TLDR

Those women paid you to leave didn't they.
798 49,449 more...
Re: Tucker Carlson- Our Military is Corrupt Hotrod_Lincoln 24 minutes ago
Originally Posted by hosfly
Honest question here ,, Has the US fought any war, where our nation was actually threatened? No disrespect at all to those who have served,, for those who have put it on the line I have nothing but respect,,

Not me personally, but my two distant cousins who walked 40 miles to enlist in the Army of Tennessee did their best to defend their homeland during the damyankee invasion. At least one of them survived- - - -I found his name in the Dickson County Tennessee property tax records from the 1880s.
71 4,190 more...
Free Classifieds Jump to new posts
Re: WTB: CZ527 300 AAC Blackout Magazine dawnhunter 26 minutes ago
tag
1 56 more...
Re: Garand Thumb (Mike Jones) interviews Paul Harrell Esteban325 27 minutes ago
I like them both for different reasons. Paul Harrel in my opinion was a very good teacher for what he provided, and he did deliver the biggest "up yours" I've ever witnessed in his rebuttal video. Garand Thumb on the other hand is a different animal completely. I really like his introduction montages in fact the funniest one I've ever seen is for his 4-gage shotgun review... others are great as well. I appreciate Paul's dedication to practical knowledge as well as Garand Thumb's striving for entertaining mixed with some education / real-life demonstrations.

If you can't stand either even for a short moment I suppose that's your right but perhaps it's a cue to exercise some introspect and lighten up just a little (this is not directed at you, Stophel). Cheers, gents.
56 3,006 more...
Re: WTS FN Hi Power ranger1 28 minutes ago
What kind of finish is on the metal?
4 452 more...
Re: WTB low 30mm rings Coyote10 30 minutes ago
Got some Warne mountain techs. Good shape. 65 shipped
2 72 more...
IC B3
Big Game Rifles Jump to new posts
Re: Sizing .308 to 7/08 ? bludog 32 minutes ago
Can't speak to the primer question, but I have neck sized 308 to 7-08 with no issues. I have used Nosler 308 brass in the wife's Tikka 7-08 for years. It shoots several different loads into less than 1" 4 shot groups. Also takes a looonnnnggg time before you ever need to trim the brass! wink
10 451 more...
Re: FS: Weaver Classic Scope for sale TnBigBore 33 minutes ago
Those Japanese Weavers are great scopes. Great seller too.
2 354 more...
Re: Outdoor Takes jaguartx 34 minutes ago
269 53,763 more...
Re: Do You Believe In God ? antlers 35 minutes ago
The assertion that you get all truth and evidence from logic, law, science or philosophy is a self-defeating claim. Very little from history can be repeatable; you can’t go into the lab and repeat history. We can’t go into the lab and stab Caesar again. If we’re gonna try and discover what happened in the past, we’ve got to rely on the testimony of the eyewitnesses and those who were there. We can’t go back in time and repeat the event itself. We cant go into the lab and kill Jesus again and then resurrect Him again.
754 55,171 more...
Re: Boomers, can we unite..... Valsdad 35 minutes ago
Originally Posted by Morewood
Who doesn't like a waffle cone.

WTF
Damn newfangled inventions they are.

Just a plain old cone like in the olden days when we'd ride the old Schwinn Sting Rays to the Soda Fountain or Thrifty Drug store.

Don't need no stinkin' waffle cone.
66 2,610 more...
Re: A weeks worth of Jokes Morewood 35 minutes ago
Good ones, Dad.
1 131 more...
Re: Boomers, can we unite..... Valsdad 37 minutes ago
Originally Posted by RUM7
Originally Posted by Heym06
Goatheads were responsible for many kids pushing their bike home. Before puncture proof tires. I hate those things. Kilzall works! We dig them and pour vinegar on the broken roots. Seems to work.
They are easy to kill.
Just gotta get them before the seed (evil thorny foot killer) develops. Problem is, there is always more.....
Gooberment place I worked had a guy come spray preemergent stuff, seemed to work fairly well. Then I went out with the vinegar, salt, and (shhhh, don't tell anyone) glyphosate if I couldn't control it with the natural methods. Another natural method that works OK is..................................a weed torch.........they don't like that at all.

I can almost hear the screams when I think about torching them!
66 2,610 more...
Re: WTB low 30mm rings Fireball2 38 minutes ago
B-sqaure mounts on sale at CDNN sports. I bought five sets and had them shipped for $43.

https://www.cdnnsports.com/30mm-low-weaver-ring-set-bsquare.html
2 72 more...
Re: Campfire Boooomers Blackheart 38 minutes ago
Originally Posted by gunzo
Suddenly, all my years of factory work, even in skilled trades has just been sucked to nothing. Always wondered why all those guys farmed after work.

Freeloading is where the moneys at obviously.
798 49,449 more...
Re: Feed Your Roberts marksman1941 40 minutes ago
Originally Posted by 10gaugeman
I have been known to buy brass and dies then purchase a gun. Not the brightest thing but!!!!

I bought a rifle just because I picked up a box of bullets that I had no use for. So…. I found a rifle to use them in!
9 478 more...
Re: Boomers, can we unite..... Morewood 41 minutes ago
Who doesn't like a waffle cone.

WTF
66 2,610 more...
WTB: CZ527 300 AAC Blackout Magazine UsAndThm 41 minutes ago
Hi,
Like the title says, I'd like to buy one or possibly more CZ 527 magazines for the 300 AAC / Blackout cartridge. I believe the MPN is 13014 for the 5 round magazine. Please, let me know if you have anything you'd like to sell.
Thanks,
1 56 more...
Re: Boomers, can we unite..... RUM7 41 minutes ago
Originally Posted by Heym06
Goatheads were responsible for many kids pushing their bike home. Before puncture proof tires. I hate those things. Kilzall works! We dig them and pour vinegar on the broken roots. Seems to work.
They are easy to kill.
Just gotta get them before the seed (evil thorny foot killer) develops. Problem is, there is always more.....
66 2,610 more...
Re: Do You Believe In God ? Judman 41 minutes ago
Lotsa week minded desperate folks folks here.

I’m not sorry.😘😆
754 55,171 more...
Re: Campfire Boooomers gunzo 41 minutes ago

798 49,449 more...
Page 2 of 747 1 2 3 4 746 747
YB23

Who's Online Now
278 members (338reddog, 10gaugemag, 16penny, 24HourCampFireGuy50, 338Rules, 308Palma, 42 invisible), 1,729 guests, and 838 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,186,236
Posts18,371,369
Members73,765
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.