24hourcampfire.com
24hourcampfire.com
-->
Active Threads | Active Posts | Unanswered Today | Since Yesterday | This Week
Hunter's Campfire Jump to new posts
Re: Crypto currency adviice Stickfight 04/16/24
Originally Posted by RMiller2
Like the stock market crypto is manipulated to go up and down. So it is possible to buy low and sell high.

Yes, very chinky behavior.
75 6,850 more...
Re: .30 cal RN solids Dubiedog 04/16/24
It's time for Seafire to chime in about his Blue Dot loads.
38 2,599 more...
Single Shots Jump to new posts
Re: Stevens 44 .32 Long journey Pugs 04/16/24
Add artisanal brass crafter to your resume! Nicely done.
5 496 more...
IC B2
Re: Deep Thoughts by Jag Handey BCBH 04/16/24
Originally Posted by jaguartx
Trump wanted to let them steal it after he warned them in the spring of 2020 not to do it as he warned we are watching and that's treason and it carries the Death Penalty.
So he wanted the election to be stolen even though he could have purged and cleaned up the voting rolls after taking office (hello Kris Kobach, sorry you were cast aside in favor of a swamp creature) and helped the R party going forward from 2018 onward, not to mention getting a ton of his supporters locked up and or harassed by the feds. How much copium are you taking per day?
12,208 981,571 more...
Re: Good Samaritan ran over by car jacker earlybrd 04/16/24
Not good
19 1,592 more...
Re: Jihad in Australia - 'Allah Akbar' !!! Orion2000 04/16/24
IF you watch the extended videos, a riot of local citizens broke out around the church. The little bit of explanation I could sift out of the news blather, apparently the local citizenry wanted IN THE CHURCH to deal with the miscreant. After the knife attack in the mall, the locals were not feeling so good about the religion of pieces... If I am wrong about the instigation for the riot, feel free to correct me...
17 1,569 more...
Originally Posted by Teal
Darkside hacked Colonial pipeline. Got 75 bitcoin in ransom. US DOJ "retrieved" 63.7 of them after the payment. FBI got the wallet key and grabbed it.

"Not your keys, not your coins" is something my kids know the meaning of. Well not the little one yet but he will.

The FBI got the keys because the exchange gave them up when presented with a warrant. If they'd moved the remaining 63.7 off to a wallet where they held the keys that would not have been possible.
75 6,850 more...
Elk Hunting Jump to new posts
Barnes 139LRX for 7RemMag FrequentFlyer 04/16/24
Looking for experience hand loading this bullet. I have Norma cases, Fed 215M primers, H4831sc and RL 22 on hand. Where did you hit pressure? What starting load? Thanks
3 432 more...
Re: Good Samaritan ran over by car jacker Birdwatcher 04/16/24
Seems like missing under stress at point-blank range is common. We see this most often with Cops but that’s prob’ly because their failures get reported on body cams/news media etc. I’d guess bad guys miss at a similar rate. Lack of training/muscle memory?

As for the victim here, wasn’t his last act warning others to get out of the way?

So he had enough situational awareness for that. That truck came in so fast you’d have to be an all-pro running back to reliably dive out of the way.

Me? I wouldn’t try to shoot a guy for stealing my truck. Other’s MMV.
19 1,592 more...
Originally Posted by Gojoe
Originally Posted by Stickfight
Originally Posted by TBREW401
Digital currency can be gone with the push of a button.
Who controls that button?

Please say who.

Or a really smart hacker or group of hackers. Perhaps working for a criminal organization or foreign government?

No I don't think so. Stopping the entire BTC network would require stopping every node, or at least a huge number of them.

Nodes get cracked all the time but not enough to even affect processing times. Exchanges get cracked, people get their wallets broken into, etc. but none of it happens on a large enough scale to make much difference. The motivation is there. Satoshi Nakamoto's wallets are still sitting out there waiting to be robbed of their ~$75,000,000,000 but no one has gotten them yet.
75 6,850 more...
IC B3
Re: Mass Stabbing in Sydney Australia Orion2000 04/16/24
Originally Posted by Paul39
Originally Posted by Springcove
so men and I use that term loosely ran from defending women and children??? If that’s the case, that is truly pathetic.

You can never know for certain until it's actually put to the test. My thinking has been greatly influenced by what my son told me about his service in Iraq. Battalion XO of an Army NG unit that saw lots of action. Said you never know how someone will react until the metal starts flying. He saw "badasses" curl up in a fetal position, and the scared skinny kid come through. In general, he had little regard for a certain armed "profession". Acknowledged that these are generalities, with exceptions.

On a personal note, I know my values, know what I think and hope I would do, but admit I can't predict for certain. At my age I hope I make it through whatever is left of my life without being put to that test. Peace.

A lot of truth ^^^^^ ... NO ONE knows for certain how they will react until they have been over the mountain and seen the elephant...
65 5,308 more...
Hunting Trucks and Four-Wheel Drives Jump to new posts
Re: Battery Charger Azshooter 04/16/24
Another vote for Schumacher. I have have used two of this model for my boat's 12V AGM deep cycle batteries for over a decade:

https://www.schumacherelectric.com/products/62-30-100a-6v-12v-fully-automatic-battery-charger/
10 1,264 more...
Hunting Rifles Jump to new posts
Re: PRIME Time............... pal 04/16/24
Originally Posted by 6mmCreedmoor
[Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]

Nice.
20,857 2,309,345 more...
Originally Posted by Tyrone
Unless it's a privacy crypto, how would you do that?

Johnny Law loves when crooks ask for ransoms in Bitcoin. It's so easy to trace.

The BTC ledger is public by design, so it is easy to trace. But those traces show only which wallet addresses received or sent what quantity of BTC to other wallet addresses, they don't identify who owned that wallet. Crooks who ask for ransoms in BTC get busted because their exchange gives them up when presented with a warrant, which they should rather than risk their business.

There are countries with few to no regulation of crypto exchanges and there are people who will trade crypto outside of exchanges using their own nodes. A person who was really motived to avoid associating their identity with a wallet could send and receive BTC through those methods and while it would be easy to know what the wallet was doing, no one would know who was doing it. Of course that depends on other people not being rats, or part of a sting, and they are going to take a very large cut, but it is within the realm of possibility.

Even if it works the trouble is at the end points. If you want to turn any of that BTC into fiat you will either need to deal with people who are even shadier than the ones above, but you would have to be extremely careful about letting it touch the banking system anywhere.

Probably more trouble than it is worth for the most of us.
75 6,850 more...
Gunsmithing Jump to new posts
Re: Wood finishing... adanac 04/16/24
Originally Posted by Feral_American
BLO cures fairly quickly.

BLO + Japan Drier cures much faster.

Raw linseed oil could take years to cure, if it ever does.

Raw linseed oil is a horrible choice for gun stocks.

Those are the simple facts about linseed oil.

That is what I have always heard, but I'm finding the opposite to be true.

In any case, what do you use to give a stock shine?
30 1,843 more...
Re: Killed over Bigfoot/Sasquatch earlybrd 04/16/24
Oh wow
9 1,244 more...
Turkey Hunting Jump to new posts
Re: Opening morning success earlybrd 04/16/24
👍
7 437 more...
Gunsmithing Jump to new posts
Re: Gunsmith Rant Jkob 04/16/24
One of my pet peeves is about the guy that comes over with a project he needs done and then starts to tell me how to do it.
62 6,507 more...
Ask The Gunwriters Jump to new posts
OutKast Arms BooBear 04/16/24
Has anyone been able to get through to them?, I have been calling for two weeks, I think they had some weather problems, hope they are ok.
6 852 more...
Elk Hunting Jump to new posts
Re: New Mexico elk draw ? JeffP 04/16/24
In 94 I put in for the Gila and drew my first year…..
Things have changed considerably.
23 2,495 more...
Free Classifieds Jump to new posts
Re: FS- ZEISS CONQUEST 3-9x40MC nuguy 04/16/24
MORNING BUMP…$400.00 shipped.
28 3,930 more...
Re: Found in the buttstock....... Birdwatcher 04/16/24
Originally Posted by Morewood
I got nothing against short guys. Hell I'm certainly not tall myself.

It was that extra half inch on the license that I found humorous. RIP Mr. Vogle

I checked an old ‘50’s shotgun I have; nada.

As for height, it has been suggested I live and work where I do because I can feel tall here….. grin
58 5,372 more...
Free Classifieds Jump to new posts
Wes Collum Personal Drop Point VinceM 04/16/24
Wes is the son of my friend & knife maker Matt Collum. He is a very respectful young man at 15 and trying his hand at knife making under the direct supervision , and in Matt's shop in AL.

The handle on this one is vintage canvas micarta ,ss pins
OAL is 6-3/4” , blade is 3-1/8” with 2-7/8” of cutting edge. 3/32” stock AEBL ss , thin hollow ground ,razor sharp .Swedge & “as ground “ finish . In pocket sheath , thick cowhide by Jones Bros. leather
$175. shipped

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

9 560 more...
Re: Its meme time Whelenman 04/16/24
Originally Posted by NDsnowman
Originally Posted by DMc
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Imagine rooting for the vikings, enough said.

The only time root for the queens, is when they’re playing the Lions.
77,637 14,533,352 more...
Re: Crypto currency adviice RMiller2 04/16/24

Or buy high and watch it tank like I did.
75 6,850 more...
Page 279 of 631 1 2 277 278 279 280 281 630 631
AX24

620 members (160user, 12344mag, 1234, 10ring1, 10gaugemag, 10gaugeman, 59 invisible), 2,307 guests, and 1,200 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,618
Posts18,454,995
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.