24hourcampfire.com
-->
Active Threads | Active Posts | Unanswered Today | Since Yesterday | This Week
Hunter's Campfire Jump to new posts
Re: WTH happened to Newsmax? RAM 04/15/24
Originally Posted by Raeford
Originally Posted by deflave
Only news source you need is X.

Have you seen your buddy Kilmeade's meltdown on X?

Kilmead is a tool
40 5,262 more...
Re: The Left's hatred for Jews is profound... earlybrd 04/15/24
Post n bail can’t keep up such a phaag
10 988 more...
Gunsmithing Jump to new posts
Re: Micro-Bed sherm_61 04/15/24
Deacon 1010, I used it for along time but couple years ago tried Marine-tex for couple years. Nothing wrong with Marine-tex i just like the work ability of Deacon 1010 better.
6 751 more...
IC B2
Re: Plus size women LBP 04/15/24
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
150 19,566 more...
Re: F-ck your feelings lol stxhunter 04/15/24
Originally Posted by Elkhuntinfool78
Instead of CPM 154 you may consider magnacut Instead. It has become one of my favorite steels and is about the only stainless I use these days. 154 is good steel too so not trying to sway your decision.

I'd say you're doing extremely well for not having been at it for very long. Really like the style of this blade you just made.
I was going to get some of each, maybe I'll go with the manga cut, I'm planning on making some fillet knives also.
56 4,587 more...
Free Classifieds Jump to new posts
Re: Free scope to a campfire youth shooter jc189 04/15/24
youngoutdoors, You got it.

I'll get it shipped out to you.
9 757 more...
Re: Do You Believe the Earth is 6000 Years Old? DBT 04/15/24
Originally Posted by Feral_American
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper
That's an interesting theology you have. You're saved so you can be a dick and it doesn't matter. That might work on the internet, but if this is how you behave in real life, and some point I suspect your mouth will write a check your body can't cash, and Jesus won't be there to save you.

Flatter yourself, random irrelevant internet atheist with nothing new to add, to think your random irrelevant internet opinion matters........

I wouldn't expect you to even remotely understand any of this. You haven't in the past, you don't now, and it's highly doubtful you will in the future. It's far deeper than your vast "superior intellect" can possibly grasp.

And if you want to try cashing MY check, then step right up and giver your level best......

A good example of the argument from emotion. Well done.
476 30,871 more...
Re: The Left's hatred for Jews is profound... Jim_Conrad 04/15/24
Queenie loves the Jews this week.
10 988 more...
Re: FS MSR Hubba Hubba 1P Tent Brad 04/15/24
SOLD
8 846 more...
Alaska Jump to new posts
Re: Fly in Tent recommendations? 1minute 04/15/24
Whatever, do seek a sheltered spot for camp and yes, utilize every possible tie down opportunity. Topography, a willow thicket, boulder patch, or whatever. Absolutely not out on some open plain.

Years back a large group dropped in on us on a moose hunt and chose the scenic high ground at the end of the lake. A serious blow and rain that night, and all five of their tents were lashed together in a heap around their only tree at dawn. I bumped into one of their party, and he appeared well weathered. They were gone by 11:00AM.

Three of us were in a well secured Cabela's 6-man Alaska dome tent tucked into the nearby spruce forest and weathered the event with concerns but no significant issues.

If each is taking his/her own shelter, I'd be inclined to go with the stoutest North Face Mountain tent one can find/afford. I have a two-man (actually only 1 unless the second is with a Scandinavian bikini squad) I use on my canyon float trips on some Columbia Gorge tributaries. Between its fly and the tent, there are 29 tie down points and one can even run ground to ceiling lashings within. Fly goes right down to ground level. It's stayed up when every other camp was flattened, and Mother Nature's breeze was actually throwing gravel.

Fu-king expensive, but damned well worth it (like $500), and a Coleman gas lantern will furnish suitable heat. Not used a Kifaru, but their best products look fully capable as well.
12 1,066 more...
IC B3
Re: Anybody watching Shogun? BillyGoatGruff 04/15/24
Originally Posted by 79S
Originally Posted by Huntz
Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon is about the only sub titled far East movie worth a schit . Only the brain dead think FX`s Shogun is worth more than 10 minutes if their time .Of course it does not take much to satisfy some of the mental midgets here . About all I saw of any value was the costuming of the characters .

Says the guy struggling to understand this show and stopped watching after 10 minutes. You acting out like you are is completely acceptable.

I hate to be unkind, but Huntz is one of the downsy accounts on instagram
54 3,371 more...
Re: As Missiles Fall On Israel, Iran Says Retaliation Is "Concluded" & Warns US To "Stay Away" Hastings 04/15/24
Originally Posted by Crash_Pad
Originally Posted by Hastings
Originally Posted by Crash_Pad
Your ilk are so brainwashed the obvious questions never arise. Palestine is the home of the Palestinian people. That's where their name originates. It is their land! They have been massacred and driven into tiny portions, that are actually prisons, where they are forced to stay and are routinely, shot, starved or bombed when the Israelis take a notion. Palestinians are an occupied people for 75 years of brutal subjugation you would not believe if you were forced to look at all the evidence. You are really stupid to never question why the Jews are so cruel and refuse to relinquish some stolen land to the Palestinians for a home of their own, or better yet, prove that Israel is a Democracy granting equal rights to the Muslims and Christians. Zionists created an unworkable pipe dream disregarding the rightful place indigenous people are entitled to enjoy. It is the Jews, and always has been the immigrant Jews, who attack and kill the Palestinian people - by the thousands! You have everything upside down and backwards.
Sorry, it is war. A war for survival on the part of the Jews. Do you have any suggestions for where the Jews could go to live?

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
You didn't answer. Where in the world should the Jews go to live?

You live on land that was stolen from someone who probably stole it from someone. The food that sustains your life is raised on land stolen from someone. Maybe you could give up your place and your life to make amends.
157 12,172 more...
Hunting Optics Jump to new posts
Re: Leupold email on unrepairable scope 6MMWASP 04/15/24
Some of the bad luck or more likely poor products are amazing to me as far as AO Leupold's go. I'd have to dig pretty deep to get the count on the AO model Leupold's I own but I'm thinking it would be somewhere near 20. Yea I'm an old guy.

I have 8X, 10X, 12X, 3-9. 3.5-10, 4-12. 4.5-14, 16X, 6-18, and 6.5-20's and have had issues with a grand total of 1 due to the AO. These scopes are used primarily on varminters for prairie dogs but many of them are used on hunting rifles.

I also own a 3-9 Leupold compact that has had a turret turned on it 3 times. The first time when I first sighted in the rifle, and the second time to adjust for a new barrel, 3rd time to adjust to a new bullet. This i scope is on a 7 Lb 2oz 30-338 that has been from the US to Mexico, to Africa multiple times.

I have had my issues with Leupold and that seems to continue. But only 1 attributed to the AO.

Hell of a business plan to just walk away from a product just to get you into a different product that doesn't really fix the real problem. TRACKING
26 4,202 more...
Re: FN Mauser Supreme Factory Original Butt Plates Q_Sertorius 04/15/24
I will take both, please.
8 775 more...
Re: Its meme time Swamplord 04/15/24
Originally Posted by DMc

and ?

how is this different from a truckload of chickens ?
77,502 14,512,712 more...
The Lefty Forum Jump to new posts
Re: And a REALLY rare bird … AKwolverine 04/15/24
Originally Posted by Orion2000
Originally Posted by ghostrider272
Looks like a custom shop rifle...

Who was the OEM for Winchester Custom Shop synthetic stocks?

That’s a McMillan. McMillan was OEM on the custom shop extreme weather.
11 1,375 more...
Re: Steve Bannon aint stupid, but he knows GOP voters are. Jim_Conrad 04/15/24
Originally Posted by Tarquin
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
Cut and paste away bitch.

At this point, you're my bitch...bitch. grin

You musta swallowed your ball gag again.

Try posting some more MSN or the like.

It's bound to work.
220 11,431 more...
Alaska Jump to new posts
Re: Fly in Tent recommendations? VernAK 04/15/24
My Sawtooth has served me well for years. One September storm had winds clocked at 114 at a nearby village that had houses destroyed. When the winds git extreme, we pulled the poles and collapsed the tent around us. This was a ridge top hunt. The great storm of 9/11/92 brought us 2' of snow and 60 mph winds as well as temperature well below zero. We survived ok in the valley but spent several days clearing snow from the airstrip with a small piece of plywood.
12 1,066 more...
Re: Anybody watching Shogun? 79S 04/15/24
Originally Posted by Huntz
Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon is about the only sub titled far East movie worth a schit . Only the brain dead think FX`s Shogun is worth more than 10 minutes if their time .Of course it does not take much to satisfy some of the mental midgets here . About all I saw of any value was the costuming of the characters .

Says the guy struggling to understand this show and stopped watching after 10 minutes. You acting out like you are is completely acceptable.
54 3,371 more...
Food, Cooking, and Game Preparation Jump to new posts
Re: Pigeon Breast? RickBin 04/15/24
sick
12 1,083 more...
Winchester Collectors Jump to new posts
Re: Win 70 carbine? AKwolverine 04/15/24
It’s a short action carbine from the mid 80s.

smile
5 472 more...
Ask The Gunwriters Jump to new posts
Re: 458 Win, 10mm Tisas Snowwolfe 04/15/24
Don’t disregard the Springfield XD in 10mm.
44 6,844 more...
AR and Tactical Rifles Jump to new posts
Re: LPVO or red dot for general purpose and SHTF truck gun BMT 04/15/24
Originally Posted by local_dirt
1-8 LPVO's are becoming more prolific. I don't see them getting referenced here much. ??

The higher the magnification range, the more issues you get or the more money you have to spend.

Eye relief, the fishbowl effect at 1x, field of view, all get compromised or the price goes way up.

A lot of the Spec Ops photos show soldiers/operators with a 1-8 or 1-10 With an RMR on top.

The 1-10 is so useful, you need another optic (LOL)

There’s more to it than just my jokes. But it’s possible (not ideal, but possible) to engage on 4x if a bad guy appears at 10 yards. That’s real hard at 10x.

Imagine setting up a long shot on a rooftop and then being surprised by Taliban stepping out of a stairwell and engaging you at 15 feet.

Thus the 1-10s are often mated with a red dot.

I have an NXS 2.5-10x42 on my SPR/mK12/precision build and an RMR on a 45 degree mount. (I am Ready willing and able to engage those ground squirrel taliban terrorists—the squirrels wearing turbans are dangerous). This works for a rifle that sits in the corner and doesn’t get carried all day.

But that kinda makes thwarts the concept the LPVO was designed for—a single multi purpose optic.

BMT
115 13,965 more...
Alaska Jump to new posts
Re: Fly in Tent recommendations? AGL4now 04/15/24
Originally Posted by Biathlonman
I have a Kifaru Sawtooth with stove that will probably get the nod, but curious if you think I should go with something else. Figure September time frame fly in moose/caribou DIY. 50 lbs gear limit but may go in with the others for an extra gear load, so weight is a consideration but flexible. What do you recommend?

What type fuel for stove....??
12 1,066 more...
Re: Cousin iT or Twiggy from the buck rodger? Morewood 04/15/24
4 515 more...
Page 280 of 645 1 2 278 279 280 281 282 644 645
AX24

529 members (06hunter59, 10gaugeman, 1minute, 10gaugemag, 1Longbow, 160user, 53 invisible), 2,772 guests, and 1,319 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,489
Posts18,452,068
Members73,901
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.