$115 TYD on the cot.
8 928 more...
Hunter's Campfire Jump to new posts
Re: What is the best medicine to put on a chigger bite... TimberRunner 04/16/24
Clobetasole
103 6,165 more...
Re: Looney F. Tunes Jcubed 04/16/24
Does Jag have all the seasons of Blacklist on a loop?
12,213 981,942 more...
IC B2
Re: How Sure Are You Trump Will Beat Lying F'N Biden NoDak 04/16/24
In the end...100%.
99 5,759 more...
Handguns Jump to new posts
Re: u notch versus square notch rear sights? Direct_Drive 04/16/24
Originally Posted by Etoh
what happens if you don't have dots, or the front dot is at top of the front site.

I was taught at Gunsight that a combat was center of hold on the target not the site, everything else is bullseye shooting
'
That's where you're going wrong.
You're "dot centric" and that's fine for close in combat shooting.
I have a friend that way. He can't shoot a 6:00 gun to save his life.
The dots just lead you to the sights.
For outdoor shooting, I don't like any dots really, except maybe a fiber optic front sight.

Your Gunsight instructor was prejudiced towards his way of shooting.
21 1,504 more...
Re: Its meme time DMc 04/16/24
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
77,680 14,539,659 more...
Re: What is the best medicine to put on a chigger bite... Reloder28 04/16/24
Gotta let it run its course. By the time you feel it, the critter is dead, and your body begins to react to it, that's the itch. Takes three days for it to stop.

Every time I exit the truck in questionable territory, I spray my boots from the ankle down with Deep Woods Off. Never had a single chigger or tick bite having done so. Be careful around any painted surface, it is an excellent paint remover.
103 6,165 more...
Re: What is the best medicine to put on a chigger bite... longarm 04/16/24
It's my understanding that chiggers now prefer to be referred to as "Insects of color"..
103 6,165 more...
Re: How Sure Are You Trump Will Beat Lying F'N Biden gunchamp 04/16/24
Originally Posted by Valsdad
Who's 100% sure The Donald will be running against Biden?
Not me. I worry what they are going to do to the man
99 5,759 more...
Re: How Sure Are You Trump Will Beat Lying F'N Biden gunchamp 04/16/24
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
He beat him in a landslide already. The fact it was stolen negated it, however. So it all comes down to whether they will be allowed to steal it right in front of everyone again. Since no one went to prison for the last one, and they got away with it, it's a distinct possibility they will do it again, although I think the landslide may be so enormous this time that even they may not attempt it for fear of losing even a viable pretense of legitimacy.
My thoughts on this mirror yours. The one thing I believe is they are setting up Trump for a massive failure. Anyone who even remotely understands what is going on in the economy right now and what has happened up to this point, knows there is a major crash coming. Its due and soon. I think they are holding off the crash as long as they can, waiting for the Trump win and then they allow it all to crash. Blame it all on Trump.
99 5,759 more...
IC B3
Re: Looney F. Tunes AKwolverine 04/16/24
12,213 981,942 more...
Handguns Jump to new posts
Re: Guess I got in the red dot game .. ldholton 04/16/24

this gun shoots this particular load here which is different in the first picture better than anything else I've got shoots it. looks like maybe a little bit of fine-tuning might be pretty good...
63 3,738 more...
Re: How Sure Are You Trump Will Beat Lying F'N Biden Valsdad 04/16/24
Who's 100% sure The Donald will be running against Biden?
99 5,759 more...
Re: What is the best medicine to put on a chigger bite... TimZ 04/16/24
Made the mistake once of going hog hunting in June in shorts.........whooo those chiggers!
103 6,165 more...
Re: Just cant make this ch*t up 🤣 RAM 04/16/24
Originally Posted by Bob_mt
Originally Posted by ol_mike
Originally Posted by Bob_mt
Originally Posted by ERK
Are they gonna arrest Obummer and his cohorts for the Fasi and Furious gun sales to Mexican cartels. I didn’t think so. Edk

I think that started under bush....bob
So obama/eric holder was keeping a Bush operation going?

mike....it appears that way from what digging I have done. ....bob
Share your digging. Bush was a POS. But F&F was Barry and Eric
27 3,137 more...
Re: How Sure Are You Trump Will Beat Lying F'N Biden Bwana_1 04/16/24
Originally Posted by steve4102
No chance in hell Trump will win this rigged election

Several weeks ago Trump was way ahead in states like PA, now he is behind, imagine that

Setting the stage to use the Polls as justification and to keep the pitchforks at bay.

Yes, I am a Chickenschit Parrot and proud of it

He was getting his azz kicked in the polls by Hillary, uo to the night of the election....how did that turn out ?

Polls are total Bullchiit.
99 5,759 more...
Re: Think you're not a gun dealer? Swifty52 04/16/24
Ive sold 2 guns in 50 years, guess i am a dealer.
55 4,933 more...
Re: Deep Thoughts by Jag Handey Jcubed 04/16/24
Lol.
12,213 981,942 more...
Re: How Sure Are You Trump Will Beat Lying F'N Biden The_Real_Hawkeye 04/16/24
He beat him in a landslide already. The fact it was stolen negated it, however. So it all comes down to whether they will be allowed to steal it right in front of everyone again. Since no one went to prison for the last one, and they got away with it, it's a distinct possibility they will do it again, although I think the landslide may be so enormous this time that even they may not attempt it for fear of losing even a viable pretense of legitimacy.
99 5,759 more...
Re: Milwaukee finish nailer steve4102 04/16/24
They are fine, my son has several, beats the schit out of them and the keep on ticking

I hate em, bulky and slow, I prefer air
26 1,618 more...
Rimfires Jump to new posts
Re: Saw a cute little Anschutz today bsa1917hunter 04/16/24
Originally Posted by Certifiable
Bsa..a 64 is every bit a true anschutz and like I said there are no flies on them at all.

My lone 64 is the weatherby XX11 they put out some time ago. It’s a beauty and I love it but it simply won’t hang with my 54’s. It’s just a slimmer and less robust action so comparing them isn’t fair..

With your knack for open sight shooting I’d wager you could have that 64 turning in some stellar groups. It’s a lot of rifle for $500 that’s for sure

I rekkon your sporter itch would be scratched by the likes of #2 and 6 from the top, both 54’s

Nice collection buddy. Thanks for sharing. Thanks for the advice too! I do like those sporters in the pic too. I've ran across some cool older rifles in the last few months. Generally I'm looking for old model 70's, but I think the damn BRNO model 2 and old CZ452, both at around $350, got me to thinking about 22lr's again. Then I ran across a cute little BRNO model 1 single shot. It was not perfect, but was only $300.00. I should have probably bought that one too!! The Anschutz in the OP, is a sweet looking rifle, but I didn't pull it down and handle it. From what I found out with some research, is the light barreled models were used in school shooting organizations and clubs. I guess they were a lot easier for kids to handle. Like I said, though, they were known to not shoot as well as their HB brothers.

Originally Posted by aether_tech
Honestly, thats a good deal to me, maybe offer then $500 on it. Given that Anschutz all use the same quality of barrels regardless of the action. The sights are pretty expensive too. The 'cheap' 10D I have shoots as well (from machine rest) as pretty much anything else from the same 1950's period I've gotten to test it against, which included other anschutz, a few 52's, a 40x, my own H&R 451, and a Kimber somethin I can't recall the name of . I would say it liked wax coated ammo a bit more than other ammos (norma tac-22 looked great out of it.)

I find the biggest issue with it was finding rings to fit its rounded receiver.

Don't let fancy actions distract you from the fact that 99% of the shooting accuracy is in the Eyeball, Chamber, Barrel, and Ammo. Good barrel, correctly cut chamber, consistent ammo that your gun likes, and your own shooting.

Good post/information. Thanks! I'd also think the sights are pretty spendy. If I were guessing, probably around $300.00? So in all, the rifle is priced right, in my mind. The rear sight is kind of cool, it attaches to the dovetail where you would mount the rings. The first one I've seen like that.
13 1,109 more...
Re: Anyone buy DJT? wade brown 04/16/24
Originally Posted by Greyghost
Will DJT be below $20 tonight? LOL

Phil

Maybe we should start a betting pool for when djt breaks the 1 dollar mark, my bet is August 5 at noon.
188 14,996 more...
Re: How Sure Are You Trump Will Beat Lying F'N Biden Teal 04/16/24
Originally Posted by mart
I’m not even sure we’ll have an election. I wouldn’t put it past this corrupt administration to stage an event so they can postpone the election or eliminate it altogether. For the safety of the country will be their reason.

Would spark an immediate social uprising that they can not keep a lid on. If we could have elections during WWII and the Civil War - we can have them now.
99 5,759 more...
Page 286 of 632 1 2 284 285 286 287 288 631 632
AX24

560 members (1eyedmule, 1beaver_shooter, 12344mag, 21, 222Sako, 222ND, 67 invisible), 2,466 guests, and 1,276 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,675
Posts18,456,243
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.