But the Kroil smellls cool.
82 5,249 more...
Hunter's Campfire Jump to new posts
Re: Is it Friday? and is there music? Jim_Conrad 04/20/24

Stick that easy up your ass!
81 2,632 more...
Predators and Varmints Jump to new posts
Re: Violence in Montana Ben_Lurkin 04/20/24
Opposite end of the spectrum. My 222 Remington shooting Nosler 35 gr BTLF at about 250 yards. MV is 3700 fps. Accurate as hell too.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

I enjoy the heck out of this gun. Sporter weight rifle and low recoil so you can spot your own shots & see the aerobatics!
8 1,870 more...
IC B2
Re: Dillon seems to have taken a nose dive in customer service The_Real_Hawkeye 04/20/24
Reminds me of the factory warranty on washers and dryers, nowadays. Basically, it's meaningless. If something doesn't work while under warranty, you will have to pay the same for the repair as you would if you hired the local, one man operation, washer/dryer repairman.
21 1,475 more...
Re: Connecting Dots jaguartx 04/20/24
12,247 986,591 more...
Deer Hunting Jump to new posts
Re: 22-250 to light for Deer ?? Seafire 04/20/24
First two deer I killed with a 22.250, one was at 100 yds, and that was shot using a Barnes 53 grain Blue Colored tip bullet

and the second was one shot at 200 yds, running away from me... so I shot over its tail and hit the back of its neck.
Dropped him on the spot, head over teakettle. Quarter sized hole in the back of its neck, but hit the spine. Exit out of the front of its neck, was like an open book. That bullet was a Speer 70 grain SMP.

I use one sporadically, but when ever I do, and I come across a volunteer, the 22.250 has never failed not to kill them DRT.
202 39,067 more...
Re: Our own Phil shoemaker on YouTube ironbender 04/20/24
Originally Posted by Barkoff
I'm about halfway through that, thank you..what are those things hanging on the wall, hunting licenses, bear tags?
Pokémon cards.
21 2,170 more...
Food, Cooking, and Game Preparation Jump to new posts
Re: Tonight's Supper/Dinner was/is ? Jim_Conrad 04/20/24
Nice knowing ya.
15,634 2,637,059 more...
Re: Is it Friday? and is there music? geedubya 04/20/24
Originally Posted by Valsdad
gw got some smooth schiedt going tonight!

Sometimes, of a late Friday eve and an early Saturday morn, its good to mellow out.....

and to chill for a bit more.

ya!

GWB
81 2,632 more...
Re: Parking Lots Are Dangerous. Jim_Conrad 04/20/24
Dangerous?

Does said parking lot feature a small stream?

Boomers are inextricably drawn towards small streams.
45 3,016 more...
IC B3
Re: Compulsory Home Sales The_Real_Hawkeye 04/20/24
Originally Posted by rem shooter
I think the communist did something like this after there oct 1917 revolution in Russia .I read about it in history books and seen it in the Doctor Zhivago movie . communist are still communist ,even if they change their name to liberals or democrats
It was definitely in Doctor Zhivago. But was real, too, as was everything else that was depicted in the movie.
34 2,860 more...
Re: Bought my first can of Kroil !!! ironbender 04/20/24
Kroil is the worst.

82 5,249 more...
Hunting Optics Jump to new posts
Re: NightForce SHV Burleyboy 04/20/24
For what your doing I'd listen to stick on the athelon btr gen 2 in 2-12x42. I have one on my seekins element 7 prc that I shoot without the brake. It recoil a bit and the Athlon has been holding up. The reticle is a bit heavy but that will be a benefit for what you're doing.

I wish they made a version of the same scope with a finer milquad type reticle so I could put several more on my varmint type rifles. I always like a good 2 or 3 to 12 power range scope on a big game gun. I wish bushnell still made there 3-12 lrhs.

I like a 3-12 or 4-16 in ffp scopes. Going any more than 4x mag adjustment makes it tough to have a good ffp reticle that works well on both ends.

Bb
61 8,721 more...
Re: Parking Lots Are Dangerous. Valsdad 04/20/24
Originally Posted by Seafire
Originally Posted by Redneck
Originally Posted by ol_mike
Sad deal , it doesn't surprise me.
Hope they catch the scumbag.
Ditto...

Why is everyone seem to be thinking this is a male, who was driving and hit this 79 year old woman....

I find that most of the time its some young bimbo driving thru a parking lot, at a high rate of speed... and then even keeps on coming when they see someone backing out.

I spend time over at the local community college, being indirectly involved in the automotive program.

I've ended up on the back window of several Priuses, because as I am walking across the parking lot, you don't hear a Prius start up, because its running on the electric motor at first. Every time its been driven by a woman, and usually one that is either a teacher at the college, or is visiting someone at the college. I see a vehicle when I'm close to it, just back up out of a parking spot. NO warning, no real noise, no driver looking behind them.. no 'Beep Beep Beep' when they back out as a warning.

These women have jumped out of the car and yell at me " why am I jumping up on the back of their car?" My response is usually, because you backed up without looking or giving any indication... my choice was to jump up here, or get ran over by YOU!". These haven't been teen bimbos, these have been women in their 40s or later.

But then I'll concede, I have witnessed many times, younger women with mom's or dad's car, flying thru campus, and running over speed bumps, with a big "bam bam", never slowing down or hitting the brakes to go over the speed bumps.

That dramatically exceeds the number of times, you see young males doing that, or backing up without looking.

Perhaps "scumbagette" would be appropriate too.

And yeah, those E and hybrid vehicles are dangerous.
45 3,016 more...
Re: Bought my first can of Kroil !!! Jim_Conrad 04/20/24
It's mostly snake oil.....expensive snake oil.

But if you want it to work....go ahead and believe it works.

Kroil is like witching for water. You have to believe it's going to work....or it won't.
82 5,249 more...
Alaska Jump to new posts
Re: PETER PAN & TINKER BELL going Bye-Bye. Calvin 04/20/24
Originally Posted by Snowwolfe
Are they closing the plants due to to many fish? Or not enough?
Bad prices/exchange rates and a flooded market
11 1,691 more...
Re: Is it Friday? and is there music? Riverc 04/20/24
81 2,632 more...
Re: Bought my first can of Kroil !!! Jim_Conrad 04/20/24
Originally Posted by 12344mag
Originally Posted by rcamuglia
Incredible news.

Waiting on pins and needles for the “what’s your favorite color” thread

[Linked Image]

Bless you my son.
82 5,249 more...
Food, Cooking, and Game Preparation Jump to new posts
Re: Tonight's Supper/Dinner was/is ? Valsdad 04/20/24
Wife is away for the weekend. the whippet boys and I are doing the bachelor thing.. Sort of.

I think it's going to be a carne asada weekend

some good stuff to go on the taco. Storebought tortilla and tomato. Some smoked provolone under the meat. Meat was from the Mexican Supermercado up the road with my marinade, lettuce and green onion from the garden.

Threw together a pot of "Spanish" rice and put some Melinda's Ghost Pepper hot sauce on it and the taco for some added heat (warning, not for normal white folk)

15,634 2,637,059 more...
Hunting Rifles Jump to new posts
Re: Estimated value of a kimber Adirondack in 300 bo. rockdoc 04/20/24
Never seen one in 300BO here. I do love my new to me Adirondack in 308 though. Shoots fine too.

Good luck with the sale.
3 607 more...
Re: Bought my first can of Kroil !!! ironbender 04/20/24
50:50 acetone:ATF

Nothing better, some as good.
82 5,249 more...
Re: Connecting Dots jaguartx 04/20/24
Q, "Drip, drip, drip, flood."

It's Coming

Q, "Enjoy the show."

12,247 986,591 more...
Knives and Blades Jump to new posts
Re: OELKE X 2 geedubya 04/20/24
KB,

My memory is not what it once was.

Perhaps it is early onset Sometimer's.

I do not remember having spoke with you in person, and at present do not remember any PM's between you and I.

Perhaps you can refresh my memory with a link to such PM's.

Consequently I do believe I can say in all honesty, that I do not know you.

I have had a couple conversations with the member of whom you degrade. IIRC we have also engaged in PM's on this forum and at least one or two transactions.

In all cases the man's deportment engendered respect.

Whether you or sns2 are gentlemen or reprobates is not germane to any of the threads in this forum that I can recall.

Perchance you may be justly aggrieved, but what does that have to do with the enjoyment of and sharing of the knives we deign to collect?

Once again it is a shame that discord has been chanced upon this forum by you.

Best,

GWB
31 2,344 more...
Backpack Hunting Jump to new posts
Oztent RV3 LBP 04/20/24
I know this is the backpack forum, but not sure where else to ask. Does anyone have any experience with the Oztent RV3 tent?

The set up looks super fast and easily accomplished by a single person, the quality also looks great. I’m thinking about getting one for when I do solo hunting as an easier alternative to setting up my Kodiak Canvas 10x14 for one or two day trips by myself. Thanks!
0 155 more...
Re: Parking Lots Are Dangerous. tripod3 04/20/24
Nothing will attract a crowd faster than someone off their wheelchair in a parking lot.
45 3,016 more...
Page 289 of 610 1 2 287 288 289 290 291 609 610
AX24

553 members (10gaugemag, 1beaver_shooter, 007FJ, 12344mag, 17CalFan, 1minute, 57 invisible), 2,179 guests, and 1,116 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,111
Posts18,464,361
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.