24hourcampfire.com
-->
Active Threads | Active Posts | Unanswered Today | Since Yesterday | This Week
Hunter's Campfire Jump to new posts
Re: The French have had enough of being robbed simonkenton7 04/22/24
Originally Posted by BFaucett
Originally Posted by Irving_D

Originally Posted by Seafire
you must be logged in to view this content, or register...

Why do you folks post videos or items like this, that expects everyone to register with them, so they have you in their data base?

I don't have a user account there and I was able to watch the video without any problems.

I watched it.
49 4,571 more...
Re: Do you clean your 22RF bores? Paul39 04/22/24
Depends. Precision shooters like benchresters are at one end of the spectrum, and they clean their bores carefully. I saw an interview with Lones Wigger from back in the 80's , and he said he cleaned his rifles after every 50 rounds or so.

Based on your last sentence it seems you don't need to overdo it or sweat it much. Clean once in awhile with a decent rod and clean patches, maybe a bronze brush, especially the chamber and leade, and you should be GTG. Any of the common "juices" on the market, except ammonia based solvents meant for centerfires and copper jacketed bullets. Hoppe's No. 9 is cheap and still works well.
35 2,791 more...
Free Classifieds Jump to new posts
Re: High Standard Griswold Gunnison T4HALO 04/22/24
Ttt
35 2,716 more...
IC B2
Re: Minnesota DNR Blows Up Illegal Deer Stands 22250rem 04/22/24
But hey; the DNR boys are government and those hunters are not. Blowing up some unoccupied deer stands is nothing compared to stuff like Waco. The whole thing could have been neatly, (and silently) taken care of with a front end loader and trucks, as has been mentioned here already.
27 2,668 more...
Re: Its meme time Oldman03 04/22/24
Originally Posted by DMc
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

BTDT!
78,161 14,626,284 more...
Re: Do you clean your 22RF bores? rockinbbar 04/22/24
Only if accuracy drops off.

Not much need to clean, really. Now the action and chamber if prone to powder fouling, I clean pretty good.
35 2,791 more...
Re: Calf fries milespatton 04/22/24
Was invited over to a neighbors a few weeks ago, for some hog nuts. They were good, but I already knew they would be. miles
49 3,305 more...
Re: Leupold Vari X III 4.5-14X40 AO Kmac11 04/22/24
you have my attention.
10 1,314 more...
Re: Minnesota DNR Blows Up Illegal Deer Stands Osky 04/22/24
Originally Posted by coyotewacker
Real nice ! Looks like a road right next to the stand....use a front end loader into a truck or trailer and HAUL the wood and metal out of the woods....it would look so much nicer !
Who ever OK'd the destruction should be fired and sent to clean up the mess !

They probably just installed the mandatory signage over the site like they have to along the main roads on that Rez. I’d be more concerned about the old washers, dryers, vehicles, vehicle parts, bathtubs, etc in the road ditches. They at least have them marked for removal with signs on the nearest tree saying love Mother Earth, our spirit home, the great nation, one with the earth…….
27 2,668 more...
Re: Do you clean your 22RF bores? ol_mike 04/22/24
Carbon only.
35 2,791 more...
IC B3
Re: Trillions in debt, giving away billions!!! The_Real_Hawkeye 04/22/24
The people in power over us are organized crime. What they are doing to our nation is called busting out.

Here's how small scale Mafia does it. Same thing, just on a much larger scale.

56 3,180 more...
Deer Hunting Jump to new posts
Re: A deer Hunting Tale bbassi 04/22/24
The fire needs more of this. Much more.
23 3,714 more...
22PPC Finish Reamer WayneShaw 04/22/24
Clymer 22PPC reamer with a .244" neck diameter. This is a bushing reamer, but I don't have bushings or the C clip. I bought this used and cut one chamber. It cut fine, but I indicate/pre drill/bore so I don't use bushings. Clymer would have them. Asking $50 shipped in CONUS
4 311 more...
Re: looking for a decent set of ratchets and sockets reasonably priced. Paul39 04/22/24
Good suggestions here by some knowledgeable folks. Depends on what you mean by decent. If you are a professional in some trade you need tools that will produce top results efficiently and will hold up over time. If you are a typical homeowner or hobbyist hacker like me, you can get by with tools that are "good enough". That's the market niche Harbor Freight is based on.

FWIW, my late father-in-law ran a precision metal working business, had an in-depth knowledge of metallurgy. He once told me that some Taiwanese sockets were as good as any, especially with a bit of minor cleanup.

Of course there's pride of ownership and budget to consider, and patriotism. My own military service was directly opposed to Communist China, so I feel a twinge of guilt or regret when I buy a Chinese product, but it's nearly impossible to avoid. YMMV, of course.
46 3,227 more...
Remington Fans Jump to new posts
Re: 742 woodmaster L_Savage99 04/22/24
Thank you Sweets! It was advertised like new never fired. I thought I looked it over good but when I got home I noticed it. I was able to pick this one up and a 870 wingmaster in 12ga that was also like new never fired for a fair price.
8 686 more...
Do you clean your 22RF bores? TreeMutt 04/22/24
One of the all time controversies in shooting.

I don't shoot my 22 rifles much anymore but handguns regularly.

Some say you gotta season a 22 bore like a cast iron skillet to get it to shoot it's best.(I might agree with this one)
Some say shooting different ammo with different plating and lubes changes things
Some say they never or seldom clean their 22 bores.

I don't know if I shoot well enough (mostly handguns) to tell much but what do you guys think?

MAGA!
35 2,791 more...
Today's verses bludog 04/22/24
Today's verses:

Humble yourselves under the mighty power of God, and at the right time He will lift you up in honor. Give all your worries and cares to God, for He cares about you.

I Peter 5:6-7

The Creator of the universe loves us and cares about us more than we could ever imagine. Have a safe workweek, brothers!
4 302 more...
Handguns Jump to new posts
Re: 41 Magnum- revisited Slavek 04/22/24
Originally Posted by local_dirt
Originally Posted by Bugger
Tried to buy a 57 in Tulsa. I ended up with a 97% in the box 29. I also picked up a 15 that had been bead blasted and re-blued. Tried to pick up a 57 at an auction. Bid on three different ones - I’m just a cheap skate, I guess. I think there was a time when 58’s and 57’s were inexpensive, not so much anymore.

Bugger, I think you'd be very lucky to get one for around $1000-1100 these days.

Remarkably easy, you can order one from places like Buds, Grab a Gun,..... it we be close to $1100 to get one in your hands. You do not have to use child safety lock if you do not want to, simple yes?
Big upside is you will not loose lot in resale if you choose to carry and shoot it, but it might take little longer to find willing buyer due to caliber, most want .44 Magnum.
Old pinned and recessed stuff is best left to internet "show and tell" collector guys, unless you do not mind big depreciation in value from use. You see "show and tell" pics all the time, a revolver with shot target, ammo, empties no signs of use like famed cylinder ring.
67 9,634 more...
Re: Brad Nailer mart 04/22/24
I have a Bostitch pneumatic 18 I’ve had for a long time. Mostly for building furniture but I’ve nailed a lot of trim and moulding with it. I bought a Ryobi battery 18 while the Bostitch was being repaired. I find I use that far more often now. Both are 90 degree nailers and both work well. Never tried the angled ones other than my big framing nailer.
27 1,544 more...
Re: Minnesota DNR Blows Up Illegal Deer Stands Osky 04/22/24
Originally Posted by 160user
They appear to be trailer mounted. Why not just tow them out of there?

This. I have seen tribal members deer hunting from stands over there but there has always been a motor on those stands and someone behind the wheel directing said stand.

There is a bunch I don’t understand about this considering how many “don’t” are given to any white people questioning activities on these sovereign nations.

Osky
27 2,668 more...
Re: Minnesota DNR Blows Up Illegal Deer Stands coyotewacker 04/22/24
Real nice ! Looks like a road right next to the stand....use a front end loader into a truck or trailer and HAUL the wood and metal out of the woods....it would look so much nicer !
Who ever OK'd the destruction should be fired and sent to clean up the mess !
27 2,668 more...
Re: Leupold M-8 2x Gloss pistol scope mun 04/22/24
I take it
2 281 more...
Re: looking for a decent set of ratchets and sockets reasonably priced. Feral_American 04/22/24
Affordable "budget" tools are just like affordable "budget" optics, all made in China under contract in the same factories. Buy any of them at whatever price fits your wallet. Pittsburgh brand is a good durable hand tool, as well as Kobalt. Craftsman is over priced in the same class of tool. Personally for a little step up in quality I like Tekton sockets and ratchets.
46 3,227 more...
Re: Remember the kid with the flag on his truck? Birdwatcher 04/22/24
Outstanding! 😎 Thanks for posting.
34 3,364 more...
Re: Trillions in debt, giving away billions!!! akrange 04/22/24
The Two Wings of the Vulture..

Once Uncle Sam’s Tax Receipts Stream is Exhausted their Cum’n after Yours

87,000 Gun Tote’n Yote’s working on Commission will have No Mercy..

They won’t build Prisons for Felons but they will for Tax Violations

Prepare to Defend Yourself
56 3,180 more...
Page 290 of 600 1 2 288 289 290 291 292 599 600
AX24

588 members (10gaugemag, 10Glocks, 1337Fungi, 1234, 11point, 10ring1, 66 invisible), 3,064 guests, and 1,173 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,340
Posts18,468,698
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.