24hourcampfire.com
24hourcampfire.com
-->
Active Threads | Active Posts | Unanswered Today | Since Yesterday | This Week
Ask The Gunwriters Jump to new posts
Re: decoppered 243 great or shotgun bsa1917hunter 04/16/24
Originally Posted by brittguy16
I recently de-coppered the barrel of my old .243 Rem M700 using Montana Extreme. Fired a 3 shot fouling group with Winchester Deer Season 95 gr loads that printed 5/8 of an inch. Then 95gr gr partitions in a handload over 41gr of H4350 that “grouped” at 3 to 4 inches. What the hell???

Was the handload something you previously worked up, or something you just threw together? Your OP is a little vague. Thread title talks about "decoppered 243", and then you state your rifle shot a 5/8" group. No info to go off of as far as I can tell.. You are either telling us you shot 1 3 shot group from the factory ammo, then moved on to the handloads. There's not statistical basis to go off of there. Shoot some 5 shot groups with the factory ammo. If you are still shooting 5/8", your rifle is good to go. You should be able to best any factory made ammo, with a tailor made handload. That is if your rifle likes the bullet you are using.
13 1,585 more...
Hunter's Campfire Jump to new posts
Deep Thoughts by Jag Handey smokepole 04/16/24
Originally Posted by AKwolverine
That’s some seriously magical thinking there, Thumper.

LOL, "thinking??"
12,208 981,602 more...
Custom Rifles & Wildcats Jump to new posts
Re: 338-06 Seafire 04/16/24
Originally Posted by 65BR
4064 is very good, perhaps better for 200s and lighter.

4320 for the win, 225s - 2670 with WW partial sized brass, 23" Hart, 1/2 MOA.

Enjoy.

Don't know if anyone has ever noticed this with the 338/06. But:

50 grains of 4064 with a 200 grain, 225 grain and 250 grain Hornady, each have an MV of 2500 fps?

That is what I commonly load in my Model 70 in 338/06, which was a rebore of a brand new 270 barreled Model 70, that had never been fired.

For the fastest velocity with each of those bullet weights, I use H 380, which is very darn accurate also. Still under SAAMI pressure specs but I load 65 grains with the 200 grain Hornady ( which needs a crimp), 62.5 grains of H 380 with a 225 grain Hornady SP, and 60 grains of H380 with a 250 grain RN ( which I prefer over the SP). Each load is very accurate in my rifle along with the fastest MV out of each bullet weight.

Scope I use on my Model 70 is a Leupold 2 x 7 Shot Gun Scope, with the heavy duplex.
112 28,108 more...
IC B2
Re: Good Samaritan ran over by car jacker Irving_D 04/16/24
I wonder if he was shooting blanks or something even zoomed in I can not see any bullet impacts or glass breaking
19 1,595 more...
Re: As Missiles Fall On Israel, Iran Says Retaliation Is "Concluded" & Warns US To "Stay Away" Calvin 04/16/24
Originally Posted by tdoyka
oh no!!!! scott ritter!!!! look out!!!

you dumb arse, ritter don't know schitt. all he is good for is russian propaganda

He’s also pretty good at exposing himself to underage girls in chat rooms.
157 13,017 more...
Rural Living Jump to new posts
Re: Anyone planting? milespatton 04/16/24
I see lots of corn coming up here, and a few rice fields with levees pulled. Wet weater in late March and early April slowed things down. miles
5 519 more...
Re: Do You Believe the Earth is 6000 Years Old? milespatton 04/16/24
When Christians stop trying to push there fantasy into our schools, our government, public policy, etc. then I'll listen to your little whine about disagreeing with you on an internet forum.

This statement is not exactly the way things are. Religeon has always been in schools, government and public policy. It is the others trying to push religeon out. miles
481 31,986 more...
Turkey Hunting Jump to new posts
Re: The Shaman -- Done in by a Gob shaman 04/16/24
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
You look good Shaman....how do you feel?

Besides tired.

I had a serious case of dragon ass for about 24 hours. However, I'm back up to optimum form.

Folically Challenged has been hunting with me for the past couple of days. It's his first turkey hunt.

Thanks all for the good wishes.
16 1,147 more...
Big Game Rifles Jump to new posts
Re: 6.5 barrel thoughts? ldholton 04/16/24
IMO if a person wants to take advantage of a"Magnum" cartridge you want to shoot the heavier bullets. then you must have the appropriate twist.
8 847 more...
Re: What a DickHead smokepole 04/16/24
Originally Posted by jaguartx
What clue was he giving when he said in two consecutive rallies that when the next Presidential Election is over he will be our President. That's a Clue. He doesn't say such things flippantly.

Right jaguartx. It's probably the first time in history that a presidential candidate has predicted victory.
53 4,693 more...
IC B3
Custom Rifles & Wildcats Jump to new posts
Re: 338-06 Big Stick 04/16/24
I set Feesh Rods aside for a bit yesterday afternoon and shot through the new Garmin,to see .616 BC 230 ELD Smooches right at 2700fps,in formed cases. Hint.

Seems like a nice place to be,to me. Hint.............
112 28,108 more...
Gunsmithing Jump to new posts
Re: Gunsmith Rant rlott 04/16/24
This should be called the "People actual gunsmiths hate to see walk in the door" thread.
62 6,514 more...
Free Classifieds Jump to new posts
Re: GOOD GUY LIST Lonewolf72 04/16/24
Easy transaction with Asheepdog...he's GTG!
16,887 57,264,053 more...
Re: Do You Believe the Earth is 6000 Years Old? Muffin 04/16/24
Originally Posted by sandpit
Originally Posted by gregintenn
I have no idea how old the Earth is. I am a follower of Christ. There are lots of things I do not know. I believe what the Bible teaches. I further believe the Bible is not a complete history of everything that ever happened.
i to agree with you, theres so much more to learn if one digs deeper

AND

'we have been given all things pertaining to life and GODliness', and would do well to focus there.

There ARE a lot of things I/we don't know, and it's not wrong to be curious, but in the end, it apparently doesn't matter that much............ OR we would have been told!!
481 31,986 more...
Hunting Optics Jump to new posts
Re: NightForce SHV Big Stick 04/16/24
cumsincowboys,

Your compelling Lap Dance and Judy Chop "testing",while yelling "get some!",nearly almost involved a live round...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?.

Pardon reality. Hint.

Keep filling out Brokedick Hurt Feeler Reports and quantifying your Professional Victim status,you Magnificently CLUELESS Fhuqk. Hint.

You couldn't "critique" bottled water,even if you could summons the strength to open it by yourself. Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!..............
38 4,810 more...
How Much Toe is Too Much Toe rlott 04/16/24
28 4,582 more...
Rural Living Jump to new posts
Anyone planting? wabigoon 04/16/24
We have oats, and alfalfa in, I see planters on the road.
5 519 more...
Gunsmithing Jump to new posts
Re: Wood finishing... Feral_American 04/16/24
BLO cures fairly quickly.

BLO + Japan Drier cures much faster.

Raw linseed oil could take years to cure, if it ever does.

Raw linseed oil is a horrible choice for gun stocks.

Those are the simple facts about linseed oil.
32 1,868 more...
Re: Do You Believe the Earth is 6000 Years Old? Feral_American 04/16/24
Originally Posted by DBT
Originally Posted by Feral_American
Originally Posted by DBT
Originally Posted by Feral_American
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper
That's an interesting theology you have. You're saved so you can be a dick and it doesn't matter. That might work on the internet, but if this is how you behave in real life, and some point I suspect your mouth will write a check your body can't cash, and Jesus won't be there to save you.

Flatter yourself, random irrelevant internet atheist with nothing new to add, to think your random irrelevant internet opinion matters........

I wouldn't expect you to even remotely understand any of this. You haven't in the past, you don't now, and it's highly doubtful you will in the future. It's far deeper than your vast "superior intellect" can possibly grasp.

And if you want to try cashing MY check, then step right up and giver your level best......

A good example of the argument from emotion. Well done.

There you go again, thinking someone like me cares about the opinion of a random godless heathen.

Well done, or something.

There you go thinking that anyone cares about you, your beliefs, dellusions or fantasies. It has nothing to do with you.

You seem to care a great deal about my beliefs else you'd just shut the hell up and move on.

Just answer this ONE simple question. Why do the beliefs of complete strangers on the internet upset you so greatly?

Is it ego? Is it a control complex? Or do demons have thier foot squarely up your ass too.....
481 31,986 more...
Muzzleloaders Jump to new posts
Re: Percussion cap alternatives bcraig 04/16/24
Originally Posted by Pappy348
https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbt...rcussion-cap-shortage-issue#Post19267364

There’s also an outfit that sells kits and supplies for making caps from beer cans, but the link has escaped from my home page. Shouldn’t be hard to find.

Yes I have read a lot about various ways to make caps ,the 2 ways have a particular appeal because of the ease of getting either the 22 Rimfire or the Small Pistol Primers

I already have plenty of 22 long rifle and a couple of hundred of the Small Pistol Primers

And both are non corrosive

Thanks for the link
8 692 more...
Ask The Gunwriters Jump to new posts
Re: FN Mauser HeavyLoad 04/16/24
Is the 57fn aluminum or steel? And would the 48m be the one I would need? And the front sight would stay stock with the Lyman peep?
This is all new to me so I have lots of questions.
With the Boyd’s stock which barrel profile would I need? And would I have to contact Boyd’s to let them know which floor plate I have, or is that just with the B&C stocks?
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
35 3,373 more...
Re: Jihad in Australia - 'Allah Akbar' !!! BOBBALEE 04/16/24
You men should post some links to some of your local news coverage. By the time it gets here it's apparently twisted a little.
17 1,573 more...
Muzzleloaders Jump to new posts
Re: Percussion cap alternatives Pappy348 04/16/24
https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbt...rcussion-cap-shortage-issue#Post19267364

There’s also an outfit that sells kits and supplies for making caps from beer cans, but the link has escaped from my home page. Shouldn’t be hard to find.
8 692 more...
Re: Mass Stabbing in Sydney Australia BOBBALEE 04/16/24
Well, that clears up a few things.
65 5,310 more...
Single Shots Jump to new posts
Re: Price check-H&R in 30-30 Pappy348 04/16/24
With Warne MT lows and an old K4, I’m able to forgo the use of a hammer spur on my Henry .357. Needs a slip-on cheek pad though, and I only use the scope for testing, going with a Romeo 5 to save weight.
21 2,115 more...
Page 295 of 632 1 2 293 294 295 296 297 631 632
AX24

632 members (160user, 12344mag, 1234, 1beaver_shooter, 163bc, 06hunter59, 58 invisible), 2,507 guests, and 1,249 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,633
Posts18,455,226
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.