Hunter's Campfire Jump to new posts
Re: Guns no longer made that you wish were? Stophel 04/15/24
This.

[Linked Image from dygtyjqp7pi0m.cloudfront.net]

Also this:

[Linked Image from dygtyjqp7pi0m.cloudfront.net]
82 6,081 more...
Long Range Hunting Jump to new posts
Re: Long Range Hunting - 600 Yards/Cup-n-Core Bullet/No Dialing KillerBee 04/15/24
I only hunt Black Bears with a Bow, way to easy with a rifle, for my liking. I have killed 2 with my shotgun, no choice in the matter.

I wonder if you have shot a bigger black bear with a rifle than I have killed Spot And Stalk with my bow. Feel free to post a picture of your biggest, I will be happy to reciprocate?

Kidding aside, I do believe that you are an excellent Hunter, and more importantly a very good father. The photos of you and your children are great. Children who have fathers who hunt and teach them are lucky.

I only started big game hunting seriously in my 30's I moved out west to do just that, it's been a hell of a lot of fun.

I taught myself, without guidance, my father was a dedicated bird hunter.
109 12,074 more...
IC B2
Re: .30 cal RN solids UltraMAGA 04/15/24
pretty sure I have a sleeve of 220's somewhere
38 2,564 more...
Free Classifieds Jump to new posts
Re: S&W 19-3 ronwethington 04/15/24
SPF . Thanks for looking.
3 612 more...
Re: John Burns and Rick Camuglia 24’ earlybrd 04/15/24
You’ll can have a phaagut parade down penn ave🌈🌈
54 4,287 more...
Re: Howa super lite 6.5 creedmoor laker 04/15/24
Up
18 1,780 more...
Re: I'm Convinced We're Being Played.... Scott_Thornley 04/15/24
Originally Posted by CoalCracker
Originally Posted by Scott_Thornley
Originally Posted by muleshoe
Originally Posted by TimberRunner
Who's being played?

………………..

No one is being played.

Those who have wasted their time responding to the drivel this attention whore Cracker has posted are being played.

Truth.

But attention whoring is probably a less sinister motive than what I suspect.

You guys crack me up!

I’m just some random dude sitting on his couch watching YouTube travel videos and who also happens to be considering moving to a new home in a few years.

So, having looked at some overly expensive homes in NC, I scratch my head and wonder how can such a beautiful home in another country be built and sold at that price when in the U.S. the same home would probably cost 10x that amount. And then I come up with a few theories and raise the issue here to test those theories, mostly out of boredom.

Now I find out something very “sinister” is at play. So sinister, in fact, that even I don’t know what it is, lol.

Tell me Columbo, what is your theory, lol?

Go outside and take a walk. Get some fresh air.

Been outside where the air is fresh. Also been in the barn a good bit, cleaning up after the grass eaters, where the air isn't fresh.

I took a look at your post history. And decided you're not a plant. Just a hard headed whiner.

Worried about your kids being able to get a home, well help them the [bleep] out. Like I am. Like most sensible people do.

I'm now off to go fishing.
96 7,987 more...
Re: The Master’s Tournament smokepole 04/15/24
Originally Posted by MadMooner
if I jumped off the 16th hole with a 4 stroke lead on Masters Sunday, my wife would go Ellen Woods on my azz. lol.

Yeah, me too. But then again we've been married about 40 years and our kids are grown.
115 6,998 more...
Ask The Gunwriters Jump to new posts
Re: FN Mauser Skeezix 04/15/24
Originally Posted by Pappy348
I see it’s not drilled and tapped for mounts, so you’ll have to get that done if you plan on scoping it. Be sure and find a qualified smith for that, not some goober working part time out of his garage.

+1000 on what Pappy said. You've got one chance to get it right the first time, so make absolute sure your 'smith is qualified, experienced, and has the correct tooling to do the job right. There's not nearly as many of them out there as there used to be, that can do this.
30 3,081 more...
IC B3
Gunsmithing Jump to new posts
Re: Gunsmith Rant aether_tech 04/15/24
A lot of the stuff I do requires mostly machining work, so Im just gonna see if my machinist can do my latest project (mounting a custom designed optic rail for a sporterized g11 by Golden State Arms). He does pretty good work, and his prices are excellent.

Which is what started this rant when none of the gunsmiths I usually go to have access to a not-clapped-out milling machine and indexing tools.

But I hate driving, which is one reason I haven't gone south to Alhmans, or to Village Pine Custom a bit north - whom have TERRIBLE hours of operation.
62 6,448 more...
Hunting Optics Jump to new posts
Re: NightForce SHV jeffbird 04/15/24
Originally Posted by Rolly
I am looking at buying a new NightForce SHV scope in 3.5X10X42 with a second focal plane reticule. I will be using this on my M7 Remington 358 Win for hogs in Texas. Shooting over bait at most perhaps 100 yards in very dim light. I have never owned a NightForce in my 77 years. I am interested in hearing opinions about my proposed purchase.

Originally Posted by Big Stick
The SHV NightFarce Light is an easy pass. Go REAL NightFarce and never look back. Hint.

I'm not a Trijicon Guy,mainly because I've bought/shot their BEST attempts. Hint.............

Concur on skipping the SHV and move up in the line to the NXS or NX8.

Illumination is extremely helpful, I would not want a scope without it for hunting pigs.

I've shot truck loads of pigs off of feeders and ag fields with the Nightforce NXS 2.5-10x42 and NXS 5.5-22x56.

There is no need for the .358, although it certainly is more than enough for the task.

The ability to reliably put the bullet at the base of the ear matters more than power. If you are going to aim for the shoulder or heart, moving up to a heavier bullet helps. Use a bullet that penetrates reliably.

These days, I mostly use the NXS 2.5-10x42 atop a light .308 with an 18" barrel, a can, and Barnes TTSX 130's though have shot 100's with the 175 SMK too.

Bring a cooler with you, the meat is quite good and I am no fan of pork from the store.

Here are some videos for you, courtesy of my wife and a nephew doing the shooting, both using a NXS 5.5-22x56.

35 4,479 more...
Re: Turning F 16s into drones at Elgin OldmanoftheSea 04/15/24
Originally Posted by Futura
Makes sense. F-16 is more capable than any pilot can fly it.

Ties in pretty Well with these:

https://americanmilitarynews.com/20...theyll-need-f-16s-to-take-on-government/

https://www.militarytimes.com/news/...ne-came-after-months-of-internal-debate/
86 4,610 more...
Re: The Master’s Tournament Salmonella 04/15/24
I always wanted to demolish a putting green with my Honda CR 500R.
115 6,998 more...
Re: Do ya miss Mr. Flave? LRoyJetson 04/15/24
Looks like they took ol' Buzzy along

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
131 9,852 more...
Trapping Jump to new posts
Re: Gobbler down! Trapping paying off. jc189 04/15/24
Congrats on your gobbler. good to hear the trapping is paying off. I'm just getting started. Got 6 coons last week. I only have 3 traps. I have to get some more.
15 1,170 more...
Image Gallery Jump to new posts
win 94 pre 64 left feed ramp cotis 04/15/24
photos
0 46 more...
Re: As Missiles Fall On Israel, Iran Says Retaliation Is "Concluded" & Warns US To "Stay Away" RL 04/15/24
Originally Posted by JoeBob
Originally Posted by RL
Originally Posted by JoeBob
Originally Posted by Dixie_Rebel
Originally Posted by Crash_Pad
Originally Posted by 12344mag
It's probably time Israel just wipes Iran off the face of the earth.

Israel can't wipe its own ass without $Billions US. Your tax $$$ aren't even enough! Your declining standard of living isn't enough. But you are proud to support these fiends? At least the "Biden" administration ( run by Jews proud of Israel) see the light. "WE" can't wipe ours either! The whole counterfeit shebang is peeling apart like the cheapest toilet paper. Jews control the money. Jews control the media. Jews control Congress and the rest. Trump or whoever, it's just a different tribe. But guess what? Reality is the ultimate Master. Nobody controls Reality! All the lies so many chirping fools here repeat, as if they ever formed opinion based on facts, can't change anything. Israel is evil, respects no one or any moral code, spits on Christians in public and violates every man made law with impunity. They are nothing but racist thieves and murderers who survive by bribery, blackmail, and cunning - calling their worst victims TERRORISTS! Palestinians are not terrorists. Hamas drove the Jews out. Slaughtering 33,000 innocent human beings from the air isn't winning. It's Genocide. Iranians are intelligent, accomplished engineers with a proud ancient heritage. They have been attacked by Israel for decades. They do not have a Federal Reserve controlled by stateless Bankers either, interestingly enough. They are ready for reality. Israel is trapped. Suicide almost complete.

You apparently don't believe the Bible and how Israel will never be completely destroyed? The God of all creation is on their side. Sorry, to burst your bubble with this truth. Also, Hamas, Iran, and all the other muslim terrorists are just that, murdering terrorists! God bless Israel!

But Judea WAS completely destroyed. Jerusalem was so completely destroyed it literally stopped being a city for about 60 years until it it was rebuilt as Roman veteran’s colony called Aelia Capitolina in 130 A.D.. All the Holy Land tours to Jerusalem are somewhat fraudulent as that there is practically nothing/nada/zero left from the Jerusalem of Jesus’ time. It was utterly destroyed. When it was reconstituted the few Jews remaining in the Holy Land weren’t even allowed to enter it until the 5th Century.

So Israel actually was destroyed. First, Israel was actually the 10 tribes that were carried off into captivity and utterly lost from history. Judea was destroyed completely destroyed in the Jewish rebellions in the first and second centuries ans utterly failed to exist for 2000 years.

Maybe I misunderstand what you are saying but Israel has never been destroyed. Yes, the early tribes of Israel were scattered after the reign of King Solomon and didn't become a world recognized nation until 1948. But they were never destroyed. Judah, one of the original 12 Tribes was separated or if you believe the Bible, was set aside to remain in Jerusalem while the remainder were to be scattered throughout the known world. Eventually, whether you believe Bible history or not, it is historically a fact that Judah was conquered due to poor (from a biblical point of view - ungodly) leadership of kings. Taken into captivity? Yes. Destroyed? Never.

Jerusalem was conquered beginning with the Babylonian Empire and while it was rebuilt multiple times it was torn down multiple times. The main emphasis of "destroyed" has to do with the Temple and the city walls, not the people. If you go to the Old City of Jerusalem (yes I have several times and no I am not Jewish) you will see the remnants of centuries of walls being built on top of ruins. But Jerusalem has never been "utterly destroyed" as you eloquently put it.

Over many centuries, Jerusalem has been occupied by Medo-Persians, Greeks, Romans, and Muslims to name a few. Believe what you will but in the Book of Daniel, written around 164 BCE, you can read how the conquering of Jerusalem would occur but would never be annihilated. Oh, and those predictions came hundreds of years before most of those events took place. Coincidence or somehow spiritually protected??? Each individual has to make that choice for themselves.

Even today, in Jerusalem you will find the Muslim Quarters, the Armenian Quarters, the Jewish Quarters and the Christian Quarters. A remnant of centuries of occupations. Yet Jerusalem still stands. So, no my friend, if you are saying Israel and Jerusalem was destroyed you are absolutely misinformed. Semantics? Maybe for you, but in this case semantics mean something for the future.

No, it is you who are misinformed. The Kingdom of Israel was comprised of the so-called ten lost tribes of Israel. It was the so-called Northern Kingdom. The so-called Southern Kingdom was Judah. Israel was completely destroyed and the tribes completely lost. That is why they are to this day known as the “Lost tribes of Israel.”

And yes, Jerusalem itself was almost completely razed in the Siege of A.D 70. Virtually nothing remained. The Romans killed and/or sold into slavery almost every single person within the city. The Romans did not do half measures. Josephus said that the city "was so thoroughly razed to the ground by those that demolished it to its foundations, that nothing was left that could ever persuade visitors that it had once been a place of habitation."

Sixty years later the Romans built a new city on the ruins called Aelia Capitolina. This was a thoroughly pagan city for retired Roman Soldiers from the region. The earliest ruins go back to this period. Virtually nothing remains from earlier except for things like the Pool of Siloam which had silted up during the period of ruin.

All of the alleged Christian sites go back no further than to the reign of Constantine when his mother traveled there and had locals tell her where these things happened. Some of the sites might be correct but some undoubtedly are not as that anyone alive who would have known was killed or scattered in AD 70 and the sites destroyed. So any oral traditions about these sites were lost and could only date back to one hundred years or so after the time of Christ at the earliest.

First off, I enjoy this discussion and I did read what you wrote with an open mind. Next, no, I am not misinformed. The Kingdom of Israel (not the race of people) begins with the reign of King Saul. They were 12 tribes yet one nation under the rule of Saul. The nation however was constantly harassed and attacked by the Philistines (ancestors to current Palestinians) among others, until David took over as king. Under his rule, war was still prevalent but greatly reduced. By the time King Solomon took over, history shows that the Kingdom of Israel enjoyed more freedom, peace and prosperity than anytime in the past or to date.

After Solomon, the kingdom was split in two factions. Judea remained in Jerusalem for a period of time. The remaining 10 tribes (Levi was the exception since it did not own territory) were scattered and taken into slavery and other forms of captivity. Thus your 10 Lost Tribes. It depends on where your belief system is whether you think they are gone forever or displaced. If you give credence to biblical writings then according to Jeremiah, Isaiah, and Ezekiel they will come back as a nation in Israel. In Revelation we see 12,000 from each of the 12 Tribes will be re-gathered. A re-gathering can not happen to a group that has been utterly destroyed. Again, it is what you put credence to.

You put stock into what Josephus wrote but please remember that some historical opinions believe Josephus was a traitor to Jerusalem and Israel - making a pact with the Roman government for his own safety. But in this case, I think he wrote essentially what he "may" have perceived. Perception though is not always reality. By the way, many of his writings are interesting.

We agree on the historical account of the Roman city Aelia Capitolina. But it wasn't a new city - it was a rebuilt Jerusalem called by another name i.e. "A Rose by any other name is still a Rose". I also agree 100% that many of the "holy sites" are only holy because of the revenue they take in. They are the creation of the Roman Catholic Church dating back to Constantine. All you have to do is study the site and then the historical account and realize, "that just doesn't make sense".

I'm torn in believing that the Pool of Siloam is all that is left of Jesus time. The old street below Fortress Antonia of today (historically the location where the original fortress was) has what is said by archeologist to be the original Via Dolorosa. I have seen this and certainly can't dispute it. The Gihon Springs continues to be uncovered and the cave system (yes, I have been in it) looks like it will end up underneath the Temple Mount. If you know - this means it is Hezekiah's Tunnel and will prove without a doubt Israel's rightful ownership of the Temple Mount. That is a whole nother can of worms.

But, the bottom line is, I don't see how it can be said that Israel or Jerusalem was utterly destroyed or annihilated - when at no time in history is that true - even during Roman occupation.
157 12,898 more...
.30 cal RN solids Dirtfarmer 04/15/24
Good bud is looking for some old fashioned .30 cal RN solids. He's thinking 180's, 200's, 220's. He wants to shoot them slow on small critters to not tear them up.

I remember seeing those kinda bullets years ago, nothing recent. I think Barnes may have made some back in the day.

If anyone has any or knows where some are, please chime in.

BTW, he's a long time hunter, reloader and goes to Africa. I've about convinced him to join us here. Don't know what his handle will be.

Thanks,

DF
38 2,564 more...
Re: The Master’s Tournament Salmonella 04/15/24
Golf nuts....😖
115 6,998 more...
Re: The Master’s Tournament smokepole 04/15/24
Originally Posted by rcamuglia
A total stranger gave birth to the woman he exchanged vows with??

He didn’t know her mom?

Not when his wife was born. Seriously though, do you think they're comparable?
115 6,998 more...
BPCR Jump to new posts
Re: Needle Gun OlRufus 04/15/24
Thanks MickinColo for your input. That’s about what Dr. Google had shared with me also. I’ve been reading Zane Grey’s Thundering Herd and one of the hunters preferred the needle gun as opposed to the big 50. Some had the Creedmoor sharps but reserved those mainly for injuns.
The fellow using one actually killed a fellow with it and the ones investigating were able to tell he’d been killed by the needle gun. Since it was 50 caliber also it makes you wonder how they did that.
7 744 more...
Re: WTB Sierra 168 HPBT matchking LHS905 04/15/24
I've got a 500 count box of 175gr that I would like to sell.

LHS
1 183 more...
Re: How to sell reloading stuff Hogwild7 04/15/24
People sell reloading stuff all the time on the Arkansas hunting forum I look at. Comment on a few posts then you can sell.
23 2,311 more...
Ask The Gunwriters Jump to new posts
Re: decoppered 243 great or shotgun GeoW 04/15/24
Your rifle prefers the factory ammo?
13 1,560 more...
Page 301 of 629 1 2 299 300 301 302 303 628 629
AX24

76 members (35, 10Glocks, 14idaho, 6mmbrfan, 280shooter, 2500HD, 7 invisible), 1,583 guests, and 734 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,599
Posts18,454,547
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.