24hourcampfire.com
24hourcampfire.com
-->
Active Threads | Active Posts | Unanswered Today | Since Yesterday | This Week
Hunter's Campfire Jump to new posts
Re: Cop roughs up an 18 year old female 7mm_Loco 04/19/24
Originally Posted by Strop10
mutha fuqkers like him should be made wear an ankle bracelet so the public can keep track of them...
378 22,483 more...
Re: Rough on credit cards! cra1948 04/19/24
Originally Posted by las
Oh, my - how we have fugged ourselves with technology!

A couple of times over the years I have had suspicious use of my credit card numbers. In every case, the card issuer immediately notified me and shut down the account. I've never lost a penny. I have a backup card for times like that so if my card gets shut down I still have one that works.

On the other hand, if you lose or have cash stolen, how's that work out for you?
8 1,154 more...
Handguns Jump to new posts
Re: This is unique SR9c and SR9c swap boatboy 04/19/24
Originally Posted by woodmaster81
I don't see a problem, there is just the one frame size. From the start the 40 S&W was designed to fit in a 9mm frame. I bought an optics ready 9mm slide which fits and operates fine on my 40 M&P frame. Prior to that I swapped slides between my 9mm and 40 S&W Springfield XD guns without issue. I have read of and know others who have done the same with Glocks.

This makes sense to me
It’s how I am thinking

Hank
4 746 more...
IC B2
Deer Hunting Jump to new posts
Re: Any love for the 30/06 KillerBee 04/19/24
Originally Posted by skywag
Jim (JK) Cloward built this pre-war Model 70 30.06 for me in about 1974

[Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]

Very Nice!

You gotta love Renaissance Wax right?
158 18,307 more...
Re: Parking Lots Are Dangerous. Valsdad 04/19/24
Originally Posted by 5sdad
Originally Posted by Valsdad
Originally Posted by Heym06
Backed in or pulled through is good, until the next guy pulls so close you can’t open the trunk, or canopy to load what you purchased. Back up cameras are a blessing.
I try to leave the back end of the truck, the stinger for the trailer hitch and such, over the line into the spot behind me. Keeps the buggers from pulling up too close. grin

Honestly, sometimes I just have to pull forward to get stuff into the truck or on the rack.

There's a camera on the RAV4, I tend to use the mirrors mostly and use the camera for the final approach backing up to walls and other vehicles and such.

Straddling a line gives a person plenty of room to open the doors as well. wink
People that do that have folks park REALLY close to the driver's side door .

Especially those folks with a shiny new car/truck who thinks they deserve two parking spaces because they are "special"
45 2,970 more...
Turkey Hunting Jump to new posts
Re: He got away. Today. (Video) pullit 04/19/24
that sucks
15 1,195 more...
Re: They won't take "NO!" for an answer! joken2 04/19/24
It's really pretty simple --- If a company doesn't want to deal with a union there's no reason they should ever need to be concerned with their workforce voting for union representation. All they have to do is treat their employees respectfully, fairly and equally, pay fair 'living' wages with adequate benefits, and provide as safe a workplace as possible and practical for the type of work. There's many, many non union companies that know and practice this and have no fear of their workforce voting for union representation.
42 2,974 more...
Hunting Optics Jump to new posts
Re: advice for 300 BO hunting scope please - no LPVO Disseminator 04/19/24
I'd vote for a 1-4 or 1-6 trijicon, I really like mine on the 300 blk.
32 3,434 more...
Re: Cop roughs up an 18 year old female steve4102 04/19/24
Originally Posted by shootem
Originally Posted by Idaho_Shooter
Originally Posted by Kenwin
Not sure about their laws, but it’s not dark out. A headlight out at that time of day shouldn’t matter.

Also, the cop replies “good job, you’re going to jail.” Talk about unprofessional.

That right there is your stereotypical cop on a power trip. What a loser.
Even in backwards Idaho, you can get a faulty equipment ticket for a headlight in broad daylight. Usually it is a fix-it ticket. Show the judge a receipt for parts or repair, and he tosses the ticket.

At least that is the way it was the last time I saw my buddy get one.

Common practice. Unfortunately this young lady ran into an uncommon criminal cop.
Nothing “ uncommon” about his behavior, THAT’S the problem
378 22,483 more...
Re: Is it Friday? and is there music? Valsdad 04/19/24
81 2,548 more...
IC B3
Re: Well! Yesterday was an adventure! Magnum_Bob 04/19/24
Your insurance or the person who hit you , don't let them screw you on your loss..glad you are OK. Mb
49 2,995 more...
Free Classifieds Jump to new posts
Re: WTS two ultralight tripods mtwarden 04/19/24
Prices dropped- $90 each smile
2 574 more...
North Face Nuptse Sherpa Puffer mow1954 04/19/24
For sale is a new-with-tags, North Face Jacket. It is very warm. It is supposed to stuff into its own pocket, although I havent tried. This would be great for long term outside exposure to cold weather. This jacket is black and size XXL, which unfortunately, is too large for me. The price on the tag is $350. My wife got it at a close out sale for $180. If anyone is interested in a seriously warm jacket at a big discount, I will sell for $190 including shipping.
2 358 more...
Hunting Dogs Jump to new posts
Re: BS Heart Worm Test? flitecontrol 04/19/24
I believe heartworm tests are primarily a source of income for the vets that do them, and here's why. Several years ago, when my vet tested my dog, he said the dog had a "light" case of heartworms. I had been giving him heartworm pills (that he sold me) every month and asked how this was possible. He said I may have skipped a month (I hadn't) and that the worms would die within 2-3 years and just continue giving him the pills, which I did. He said he wasn't going to treat them as the treatment could be worse on the dog than the worms. That dog never developed symptoms of heartworms, coughing, lethargy, etc.

It wasn't until several years later when my vet was retiring that he told me to start giving my dogs liquid 1% Ivermectin orally each month at 1/10th of a cc per 10 pounds of body weight. He said commercial Ivermectin medication was reduced to just barely sufficient to kill worms and not the colly breeds, which have a mutation making them susceptible to Ivermectin poisoning. The vet said there was evidence that the worms were developing an immunity to the low level of Ivermectin in the pills. The dosage he recommended has many times more Ivermectin than the pills I had been buying. My dogs are kenneled outside, and I live in the Lower Mississippi River Delta, an area where heart worms are most resistant. None of the dogs have developed heartworms since switching to the liquid Ivermectin. I can buy 50cc of 1% Ivermectin for around $30. Shelf life is two years, and there's enough in one vial to treat four DD and my daughter's 20 pound mutt and still have some left when the shelf life expires. I get superior heartworm prevention for around $4 per dog per year. I'm sure the only reason my vet told me about the liquid Ivermectin was because he wasn't going to be selling the pills after retirement.

Ivermectin kills the young worms (microfilaria) that circulate in the blood for around 45 days after an infected mosquito bite. After that time, they travel to the heart and mature. Ivermectin doesn't kill the adult worms, which is why it should be given monthly. If you miss a monthly dose by a week or so, it's not a problem if you go ahead and administer Ivermectin; the microfilaria haven't matured and will still be killed.
16 1,116 more...
Re: Schmidt Bender Scope, Leupold Spotting Scope hunthard 04/19/24
Schmidt Bender 4-12x42 Scope 30mm, German #4 Reticle, 30mm very light ring marks , eye and objective lenses clean, clear , crisp, first focal plane $795 shipped

Leupold Gold Ring 15-30x50 Compact Shadow Gray Model #120375 with box ,papers, case , lens covers like new only to the range a handful of times , current model carbon fiber construction reduces weight, tripod ready,21.5 oz , Eurooptic sells for $699, $425 shipped
18 1,979 more...
Custom Rifles & Wildcats Jump to new posts
Brown Precision stocks John55 04/19/24
Anyone ordered a blank from Brown recently? Wondering what the timeframe is for getting an unfinished blank.
3 534 more...
Re: Winchester 92 25/20 hunthard 04/19/24
$990 shipped
31 3,319 more...
Re: Most accurate, unbiased news sources. RUM7 04/19/24
Originally Posted by VarmintGuy
RUM7: Among others, I do NOT use, are: abc, nbc, cbs, msnbc, npr, cnn, nyt, wapo, ap, upi, mtpr and pbs!
Getting fair minded, unbiased, straightforward "news" these days is getting VERY hard.
Sad that.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy
very hard. bordering impossible.
I'm so tired of hearing opinions shoveled off as "news".
40 2,267 more...
Re: WTB 257 Roberts Dies, Bullets and Brass wkndwarrior 04/19/24
A guy on accurate shooter just listed a bag of brass, move fast.
18 1,099 more...
Re: Cop roughs up an 18 year old female Strop10 04/19/24
378 22,483 more...
Elk Hunting Jump to new posts
Re: Hoof rot longarm 04/19/24
Ah, crap. I'm just a few miles West of you. I thought you were deep in the Coast Range, for some reason, which was why my first response re the valley.
Sad news
21 2,673 more...
Re: Pig meat…. shootem 04/19/24
Originally Posted by slumlord
Sounds familiar

Render your coals, keep a supply on hand, pit or stainless box, stay up with all night. Dogs, stars, beer!

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Just noticed the yeller dog about to P on the cooking wood. Smoke and baste at the same time? Is that oak?
16 1,757 more...
Deer Hunting Jump to new posts
Re: Any love for the 30/06 Dirtfarmer 04/19/24
Originally Posted by skywag
Jim (JK) Cloward built this pre-war Model 70 30.06 for me in about 1974

[Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]
NICE.

DF
158 18,307 more...
Re: Crispy AF outside Trump trial RHOD 04/19/24
Originally Posted by muleshoe
Dude, you ever think of just posting a link?

I assume you are responding to my long copy paste. When mass shooters post a manifesto on why they did what they did, it is usually taken down from the web in short order. I thought might happen to this one, so I copy pasted it. Ever think of that, Dude?
78 4,572 more...
Re: How'd I do? colodog 04/19/24
The seller sets the price and some clutter was turned into cash, win, win!

Now you need to let your brother have a nice one for his Finders Fee.
46 2,614 more...
Page 308 of 616 1 2 306 307 308 309 310 615 616
AX24

597 members (10gaugemag, 1beaver_shooter, 12344mag, 1lessdog, 10gaugeman, 007FJ, 64 invisible), 2,095 guests, and 1,188 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,073
Posts18,463,784
Members73,923
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.