103 6,271 more...
Hunter's Campfire Jump to new posts
Re: Iran getting lit up in next 24 to 48 hrs? Jcubed 04/16/24
Originally Posted by AKwolverine
Originally Posted by Houston_2
Originally Posted by Jcubed
Originally Posted by AKwolverine
Originally Posted by Crash_Pad
Genius, show the Jews how to hit what doesn't exist. They don't have nukes! Never wanted them. It is forbidden in their religion. That's Israeli propaganda. Besides they just proved what was already well known, they don't need them! FAFO

YGTBFSM

What's the name of that river in Egypt?

Crash should do stand up comedy for a living.

I think Palestinian propaganda purveyor probably pays better.

A LOT of alliteration there.
355 21,920 more...
Free Classifieds Jump to new posts
Re: McMillan Hunter Benchrest (Flat Top) Ky221 04/16/24
Let's bump this back up to the top.
Still lookin for optics, rimfire, binos or otherwise.

Or?
15 1,164 more...
IC B2
Handguns Jump to new posts
Re: u notch versus square notch rear sights? Direct_Drive 04/16/24
'
21 1,534 more...
Ask The Gunwriters Jump to new posts
Re: FN Mauser Q_Sertorius 04/16/24
Originally Posted by HeavyLoad
And why would it have a front site but no rear site?

Most of the ones I have originally had aperture sights.
36 3,638 more...
Muzzleloaders Jump to new posts
Re: Percussion cap alternatives Pappy348 04/16/24
Originally Posted by deerstalker
many of those sites that offer caps are scams. if they will only take paypal, zelle, or Nigerian currency they are a scam. if they offer stuff that the normal outlets don't have, they are scams.
seems in the last few years every cesspool in the world has spawned scammers. try posting a "wanted" ad. interesting bunch of linguists will reply.

Ha! Try internet dating!
8 729 more...
Re: stocking a pond Dutch 04/16/24
Lol, back when I stocked ponds, the stories I would hear about people sneaking in to a neighbor’s pond to catch stocked trout……. You can kinda understand the young kids, but some were grown-assed men!

People lose their mind when there’s big fish involved.
61 4,224 more...
Freshwater Jump to new posts
Re: Decent rainbow this morning earlybrd 04/16/24
Nice😎👍
12 1,182 more...
Hunting Rifles Jump to new posts
Re: 7mm-08 rifle with longer action ? Rossimp 04/16/24
The 284 Win has long been known to be on the wrong platform (Short Action). In todays world with bullet BC in the .700-.800 range the 284 Win is no different than the 6.5-284 Norma, which carries a 3.2+” COAL. You’d be better off keeping the 7-08 Rem and buying and changing the mag box to a 3 incher.
41 4,197 more...
Re: Iran getting lit up in next 24 to 48 hrs? TnBigBore 04/16/24
There is plenty of blame to go around for how we got where we are in the Middle East. Almost no one's hands are clean. With that in mind we cannot ignore the rabid dog that is Iran. Israel under Netanyahu is not Gandalf defending Minas Tirith, but the fundamentalist mullahs are damn sure Sauron and the frothing Muslin foot soldiers are damn sure orcs. The bedrock of their worldview is pure evil.
355 21,920 more...
IC B3
Re: Woman scams over 1 million from online boyfriend antelope_sniper 04/16/24
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
The Nigerian prince scam has been going on since Al Gore invented the internet because of 1 reason - it works. Some years ago, a guy from here in Idaho fell for it. He even went to Nigeria to get his money. He got very lucky. He only lost about $5k and he got home alive and healthy. Others haven't been that lucky.

I worked for a brokerage firm where one the the VP got taken for over $250,000. Even after the head of our fraud department sat him down and told him what was happening he continued to send money.
38 2,851 more...
Re: Its meme time DMc 04/16/24
I love this meme.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
77,692 14,542,871 more...
Shotguns Jump to new posts
Re: any browning double auto collectors here? MartinStrummer 04/16/24
Originally Posted by ExpatFromOK
Not a collector, but a shooter. I have a nice 1961 black receiver Twelvette. The only thing I would change about it is the choke. It is full and I would much prefer improved or even modified. They are neat guns.

Expat

Check with "Briley - Houston, TX".
For about $300, they will thread the barrel and you get a choice of 3 tubes with the choke of your choice.
I bought a Rem "Sportsman" in 16 gauge. The barrel S/N didn't match the reciever. Because it was choked IC and I wanted to hunt turkeys, I sent it to Briley!
I got an X-Full tube, a tube half-way between full and mod and a tube half-way between mod and IC.
Now I've got a shotgun that I really like and I can make it fit just about any situation!

Not everybody wants to alter a collectible, but if you have no intention of getting rid of the gun, why not make it as versatile as possible?
6 1,047 more...
Re: New here from Montana Valsdad 04/16/24
Originally Posted by Elkhuntinfool78
Thanks for the welcome guys!
Personally,

if I had to do it all over again.........................

I'd turn around and run to get away from this place........................

as fast as ya' f'n can.
120 8,506 more...
Re: How Sure Are You Trump Will Beat Lying F'N Biden Esox357 04/16/24
I'm 100% but the integrity of our election system is compromised. Therfore the question is how much cheating will it take to keep the dems in office.
101 5,991 more...
Re: How Sure Are You Trump Will Beat Lying F'N Biden earlybrd 04/16/24
100%
101 5,991 more...
Re: How Sure Are You Trump Will Beat Lying F'N Biden Raeford 04/16/24
I am 100% confident that DJT will beat him, well below that figure that DJT will win though.
101 5,991 more...
Hunting Optics Jump to new posts
Re: What exactly isn't manufactured in the USA --> Leupold VX5HD and VX6HD gsganzer 04/16/24
Originally Posted by Jordan Smith
Originally Posted by gsganzer
How much of "Leupold's are failing" is based on actual fact, versus targeted social media efforts by their competitors to try to gain some market share? As an example, Vortex must have one of the largest advertising/marketing budgets, based on how much you see them splashed across everything printed, filmed or blogged. In today's age of social media, "marketing" also includes paid social influencers and internet trolls that try to sway opinion or create false narratives.
Are you suggesting that Leupold does not engage in the same sorts of things to positively affect its own image relative to competitors?

Maybe they do, maybe they don't, I don't know. Leupold has been in the optics ecosystem for a long time and probably has a pretty established and traditional marketing approach (conjecture on the latter point, on my part).

Heck, I'm 58 years old and own a business and all my marketing is through phone calls and handshakes. I don't do Facebook, Twitter, blogs, e-blasts etc.

A newcomer to the market might have a whole different (and modern) marketing approach that involves a more strategic digital presence and marketing philosophy, including influencers/misinformation etc., that might employ some more "black ops" as part of that approach. The old adage, say it enough and from enough rooftops and people will start to believe it.

I was just asking if we're certain there's a problem with Leupold products, based on actual fact. Or is it the proverbial a friend of a friend said... that ends up taking on a life of its own?

I guess the only one that would really know if quality and reliability of the product has suffered, would be Leupold, through their own product metrics.
56 7,154 more...
How Sure Are You Trump Will Beat Lying F'N Biden AKCHOPPER 04/16/24
I am about at 65%. I don't underestimate the stupidity of your average person. What you say ?
101 5,991 more...
Free Classifieds Jump to new posts
Re: Safariland 5181-74 paddle holster sig p229 foxhunterbubba 04/16/24
pic's sent
3 261 more...
Re: Respect? Idaho_Shooter 04/16/24
Originally Posted by Ringman
Originally Posted by Valsdad
What's up with the pond?

Ever make a decision on what kind of fish? Ask ODFW?

I have my eye on 77 acres for a decent price. It has three streams on it. Based on what the people here have said, I can make a more intelligent decision on how big the pond should be, how deep it should be and the kind of fish I should be put in it and who to talk to locally about stocking it.

I guess I should have thanked everybody for their input. I'll see if I can scrounge up that thread and do that.

Rich, be aware, there is more to building a pond these days than just pushing some dirt around to make a dam. Idaho has a pretty strict permitting process about such. I am sure Oregon is much more stringent.

Heck, we are severely limited on how much ground water we can expose. Example, If you are excavating a gravel pit, and the pit fills with ground water. One might think it a nice addition to the property, and stock it with fish.

But no. If the pond is over a specific square footage in surface area, it must be permitted. Permits may often be denied and the pond filled in with dirt until no water is exposed.

The reason is ascribed to evaporative loss of ground water.

Also, dams are strictly regulated. An improperly constructed dam can fail and endanger properties downstream. An irrigation dam failed on a property I was once employed on. It took the owners years to get plans for a replacement dam approved. In the meantime their croplands went dry and died.

This does not even begin to address the issue of water rights.

There is much research to do before starting upon such a project.
34 2,593 more...
Re: What is the best medicine to put on a chigger bite... earlybrd 04/16/24
Bakin soda bath
103 6,271 more...
Re: What is the best medicine to put on a chigger bite... Raeford 04/16/24
Soap & water & scrub
103 6,271 more...
Re: What is the best medicine to put on a chigger bite... DMc 04/16/24
clear fingernail polish.
103 6,271 more...
What is the best medicine to put on a chigger bite... CharlieSisk 04/16/24
What is the best thing to put on a chigger bite ? Dam things are every where this year.
Charlie
103 6,271 more...
Page 316 of 635 1 2 314 315 316 317 318 634 635
AX24

493 members (1beaver_shooter, 10gaugeman, 12344mag, 1minute, 19rabbit52, 1eyedmule, 54 invisible), 2,732 guests, and 1,219 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,713
Posts18,456,912
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.