-->
Active Threads | Active Posts | Unanswered Today | Since Yesterday | This Week
Hunter's Campfire Jump to new posts
Re: .30 cal RN solids EdM 04/16/24
38 2,660 more...
Re: New roof, Slum? MartinStrummer 04/16/24
"... The country won't last 35 years, I don't care about the shingles. ..."

So the structure you spent thousands and thousands of dollars on has no value to your heirs? ....or you just don't GAF about your children and grandchildren?
58 3,622 more...
Turkey Hunting Jump to new posts
Re: Anyone tried Browning TSS? DeanAnderson 04/16/24
If the overshot card effects the pattern, it would have to be one heck of an over the shot card. I've never found them to be adverse, but I also have a small basis to go by.
8 655 more...
IC B2
Re: "Pics or it never happened" sockpuppet scumballs invited to participate.. New_2_99s 04/16/24
Knowing Raeford, as well as I do, what he didn't tell you, was that there were 18 of them hunting !

wink
5,934 566,522 more...
Re: Today's verses Upperplainsman 04/16/24
A good reminder.
2 183 more...
Re: Iran getting lit up in next 24 to 48 hrs? Houston_2 04/16/24
Originally Posted by ruffcutt
Iran is going to expect a physical military attack, so Israel probably won’t do that. Cyber sabotage on a scale not seen before is the way I expect them to respond this time. It worked pretty good before on Iran’s nuclear program.

Israel’s reply to Iran will be surgical and not with a shotgun. Israel has already shown that no place is safe for certain leaders.

The gent hiding out in Qatar better keep his brown ass very close to the USA Persian Gulf Command.
339 20,823 more...
Re: New roof, Slum? MartinStrummer 04/16/24
Originally Posted by Teal
Originally Posted by MartinStrummer
Yes, they have 35 year shingles. They still won't last as long as a metal roof.
In today's economy and inflation, what is that 35 year shingle gonna cost in 35 years?

I'll be dead- why would I GAF?

The country won't last 35 years, I don't care about the shingles.

If I last another 35 years, I'll be 108 years old.
Possible, but not probable!
I'm not concerned about the lifespan of the metal or my imminent demise. I'm concerned about the durability and efficiency of a metal roof while I AM here!
Our metal roof will outlast both my wife and me.....but in the meantime, we have left a legacy to our children who won't have to deal with a leaky roof for another 40 to 50 years.
If a tornado should destroy the house in the meantime, a metal roof is a moot point!
"IF" that should happen while we (the wife and me) are still around, I'm sure we will replace it with another metal roof!

My wife and me literally built our home with our own blood, sweat, tears and hands.
Termites may chew it down, but our home won't suffer catastrophic failure due to unseen roof leaks!
58 3,622 more...
Re: Soaps and lotion commotion. 5sdad 04/16/24
I'm quite fortunate on the soaps and lotions front. Around here it's more dietary supplements.
26 1,516 more...
Re: Iran getting lit up in next 24 to 48 hrs? Upperplainsman 04/16/24
Don't fret, the great satan will be just fine after Iran has operable nukes.
339 20,823 more...
Re: What a DickHead steve4102 04/16/24
Originally Posted by KFWA
if Dems only understood that Trump takes every one of these abuses and uses them to convert democrats, mostly black voters it seems, into Trump voters.

I don't think the Black vote knows or cares much about graduation and it's importance.
53 4,757 more...
IC B3
Re: Stihl saw issue[parts] Dillonbuck 04/16/24
Originally Posted by Raeford
Originally Posted by Crockettnj
... just buy an echo

I did, 5 years back.
The Stihl is over 35 years old and stihl runs like a screaming demon.
It's nice having a backup when you live in the woods and your driveway winds through the woods for 3/8 mile.
Plus we heat solely with wood.
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Not a Stihl cult member or fanboy,
But the 028 Super was a dandy little saw for its time.
Still is, just heavy compared to newer saws.
Considered obsolete for quite awhile with no available P&C kits, they are available now. If its been used much I’d seriously consider a peek at the piston to determine if it needs a new one before you wipe out the OEM cylinder.

Try HL supply or Saw Salvage.
SS has used parts and new. Just be aware they will give you the pre-calculated options to tip them, just like a restaurant! Blew my mind.
16 1,271 more...
Big Game Rifles Jump to new posts
Re: General thoughts about Norma bullets? okie john 04/16/24
Their 150-grain Whitetail factory load shoots well in several 30-06 and 308 rifles for me. Both loads likely use the same bullet.

Okie John
6 652 more...
Free Classifieds Jump to new posts
Re: Federal TSS 12 gauge 3 inch 13/4 ounce 9 shot DeanAnderson 04/16/24
Do some research....
21 2,316 more...
Hunting Rifles Jump to new posts
Re: 7mm-08 rifle with longer action ? Big Stick 04/16/24
Your "idea" isn't worth a fhuqk. Hint.

I ordered (500) .838 BC 190 Beer Cans last night. Namely for 7-08's,7-08AI,Mouser,280 and 7mm RemMag. Obviously in parcels suited to same,as my cup runneth over. Hint.

[Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]

You'd do well to erase your Pipe Dream(s) and simply revisit reality,as you haven't a FIRST fhuqking clue. Hint.

Just sayin'............
41 4,128 more...
Re: Iran getting lit up in next 24 to 48 hrs? RufusG 04/16/24
Originally Posted by JoeBob
Let’s be clear. There has been proxy war in Lebanon for years. This is separate and apart from the mess in Gaza and the October 7th stuff. Israel decided recently to up the ante in the proxy war by intentionally hitting an embassy. They made no bones about it and did not even make the pretense of pretending it to be an accident. No, country on earth would tolerate that without some sort of retaliation if able to do so. That is in effect an open declaration of war.

Still Iran’s retaliation was largely ceremonial and from a lot of accounts well coordinated and warned in advance. Iran then took the additional step of saying as far as it is concerned things are even. So, everyone can walk away now and resume the proxy war status quo. If Israel makes another move it will be THEM escalating things, not Iran.

I don’t get all the cheerleaders on here who are cheering on what will at the very least be a war that probably sees us at $200 a barrel oil and at worst is literal Armageddon.

By size alone, Iran is not another baby seal for us to club. This would be a serious war no matter what. Why do some of you seem to froth at the mouth for that? Just the oil thing alone might be enough to push our teetering economy off the ledge. Why do you want that?

I'm sorry sir, discussion of this topic on the Fire is limited to knee-jerk badassery. Please take your nuanced analysis elsewhere.
339 20,823 more...
Rural Living Jump to new posts
Re: Anyone planting? 5sdad 04/16/24
Was on the road a few hours yesterday. Saw lots of planters in the fields over this way.
5 534 more...
Ask The Gunwriters Jump to new posts
Re: Rear Bag ??? aalf 04/16/24
Originally Posted by horse1
I still think suspending/floating bench rifles on magnets holds merit. Add in a couple of rheostats to tune the ride.
There are rules in place for BR that are pretty specific in regards to rests and bags that are allowed......
43 4,797 more...
Re: Soaps and lotion commotion. alwaysoutdoors 04/16/24
Originally Posted by StoneCutter
I rarely go into a store with her because it's such a process. However, if you do, watch how they go about selecting these products. They go around and open the bottles and smell it.
I figured out shopping with women sucked at about age 5. I’d run away and hide in the clothes racks just to fugk up the “process”. 😂

Men know what they want before they even park at the store. Sometimes I’ve decided a week or more ahead of time what I’m buying .Women drive around 17 minutes looking for the perfect parking spot then go inside. They walk up every fugking aisle and look at about 30% of the stuff in each area of the store. Smell it, touch it, talk smack to it. You’re hungry and pissed off after 6 hours of that schidt . That doesn’t even count going back to each department so they can decide whether or not they actually want the cart full of stuff they asked to be put on hold in the back. Then stuff all that schidt in the trunk or SUV.
26 1,516 more...
Re: F/S Thompson Center Contender with Barrels Kudu1 04/16/24
15 1,947 more...
Hunting Rifles Jump to new posts
Re: 7mm-08 rifle with longer action ? horse1 04/16/24
Originally Posted by Just a Hunter
To remind people of the original question. Is there a rifle action in 7-08 that is longer than the standard so a person can load bullets out farther? The standard as I understand is 2.800". My idea is to convert it to .284 Win but be able to load higher BC bullets.

WSM box in a short-action M70 will give you 3". You might have to tweak the lips a bit.
41 4,128 more...
Re: 44 Special ammo 240 Grn Hardcast SWC 45_100 04/16/24
Mackay I have a Rossi 92 and a Ruger Blackhawk in 44 Magnum. I am thinking these would be a little easier to control in the Blackhawk and still probably exceed 1,000 fps in the rifle. Do you think the SWC would have feeding issues? Probably just have to try them out. Rifle has a 16” barrel.
34 2,616 more...
Long Range Hunting Jump to new posts
Re: Milk jug challenge, by Backfire YT Channel Fury01 04/16/24
It’s amazing that what we see with our eyes, in what appears to be very real world testing of first round hits on the vital area, doesn’t apply to us somehow.
My expectation is that if this kind of contest were continued many times over, the hit percentages would not change much.

We are free to hunt and shoot as we prefer but the facts are built with either hits or misses.
138 14,867 more...
Re: Britney Griner's Wife is Expecting Rock Chuck 04/16/24
Originally Posted by Magnum_Bob
If griner is a male why do they allow her/ him in the wnba? Just a simple question.doesn't seem fair to me. You are who you are
The WNBA is radically left and woke. It's very corrupt. Of course letting men play isn't fair but that's what they do.
41 3,658 more...
Re: Crypto currency adviice STRSWilson 04/16/24
If it has value, Uncle Sam wants to know about it and tax it. Simple as that. In the minds of Washington, what is yours is theirs.

There are way to establish crypto trading accounts out of the purview of government entities. (I'll leave it at that)

In regards to crypto security, get a cold wallet and move most of your coins off exchanges. I keep a balance on one exchange for quick trades, but 90% is sitting in a cold wallet. I use KeepKey but there are plenty of options.

While it may all seem very mystical, crypto trading is like all other trading. It's just a different horse.
75 6,890 more...
Re: What a DickHead SupFoo 04/16/24
Originally Posted by Switch
Trump should go to his son's graduation and force the judge to arrest him! He wins in a land slide!

I agree. But the first interesting event will be how the Secret Service reacts to an attempted arrest.
53 4,757 more...
Page 317 of 633 1 2 315 316 317 318 319 632 633
AX24

566 members (12344mag, 222Sako, 1eyedmule, 1beaver_shooter, 222ND, 2003and2013, 67 invisible), 2,466 guests, and 1,276 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,675
Posts18,456,224
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.