24hourcampfire.com
24hourcampfire.com
-->
Active Threads | Active Posts | Unanswered Today | Since Yesterday | This Week
Hunter's Campfire Jump to new posts
Re: Does Advertising Work on You Chisos 04/20/24
Rarely do we see one. Most everything we watch has been pre-recorded using Dish and can fast forward right through the commercials.
88 4,175 more...
Long Range Hunting Jump to new posts
Re: Savage 110 Long Range Hunter in 6.5-284...Thoughts? 10gaugemag 04/20/24
Had one in a 25-06 ten years or so ago. Shot just over 1/2" with 100 grain Ballistic Tips.

This one had the muzzle brake that could be turned off and on. Probably built differently today but I would still bet it has the usual Savage accuracy.
10 915 more...
Re: Is faith without works dead…? BC30cal 04/20/24
Dirtfarmer;
Good morning to you sir, I trust that you and those you care for are well today.

Indeed, it's "us Pharisees" far too often.

Definitely in my case it is.

Thanks for that thought.

All the best.

Dwayne
73 3,777 more...
IC B2
Re: Bought my first can of Kroil !!! pappabear 04/20/24
Used Kroil in the mines 50 years ago. It worked great them and still works good today!
82 5,427 more...
Re: Most accurate, unbiased news sources. Dutch 04/20/24
Originally Posted by cisco1
Epoch Times

Print and Digital

Like the Epoch Times a lot, but to say they are unbiased……. That shows a lack of perception that is worrying.

Ditto WSJ. Definite bias, which has changed pretty significantly in the last five or so years.
40 2,421 more...
Hunting Rifles Jump to new posts
Re: 260 Rem or 7-08 Rem....Why would you pick one over the other? RevMike 04/20/24
Originally Posted by HeavyDove
ok.

no problem scrap the 260 idea....and well the creedmoor, .....after going upstairs into my reloading heaven I pulled out the packing crate that had ALL of my 7mm mag stuff including bullets

Lets just say its going to be a 7mm08. The amount of bullets I had forgotten I had is fooking blushembarrassing. I had to put my foot and leg up on the wall to drag it out.

4,700 Speer 145 gr. bthp Match, 3,300 162 gr. ELD-X's, 2,600 130 gr. speer lead spire points , thats just the shiit stacked on top that I could get too.....and more........all the Midway seconds that I suspect are MORE 162 ELD-X's. ...along with everybody and their grandads 140 gr soft points...and 5 usps box's that are SPS 150 bt's from 5 years ago.......I broke a sweat getting the damn crate back in place.

Right on top of the mountain were 600 Sierra 120 grain Game Kings. A single box open and 500 still sealed. I'll start with that for now.

Under my shotgun reloading bench was ANOTHER 2 foot long and a foot deep, box wrapped in duck tape that just said "7mm speer " on it.....it was completely filled with Speer 145 gr. bt spts. In 500 round packs with shipping straps still in place........I laughed.

Now to look for and start with good brass in 7mm08. Dies are on their way.

I want to thank EVERY SINGLE ONE OF YOU for helping with advice and insight.......I love the fire.

best
HeavyDove

I hope you're either young or have genes that will allow you to live for a long, long time!! laugh
80 8,727 more...
Free Classifieds Jump to new posts
Re: Tikka T1X-T3-T3X Reduced Trigger Pull Springs cznut 04/20/24
TTT
722 62,540 more...
Re: Sane students walk out and protest "furries" ruffcutt 04/20/24
Spay and neuter your furries before being allowed in school!
35 2,602 more...
General Big Game Jump to new posts
Re: Wyoming Game and Fish Website Jackson_Handy 04/20/24
Originally Posted by memtb
I’ve been pretty PO’d with their website for years. With every improvement……it only gets worse and more unusable! It’s a bad joke! 🤬 memtb

There has been nothing wrong with their website, you are just a fùcking retard.....actually you are dumber than a retard.

As long as you are capable of finding your azz with both hands (you are not), it's easy to navigate and find the info you're looking for.
21 1,785 more...
Hunting Rifles Jump to new posts
Re: The Elmer Fudd Society arises from the ‘Fire! alpinecrick 04/20/24
Originally Posted by Dirtfarmer
Ya reckon the compass in the stock spoke to the bullet?

And the military is only now thinking about that kinda technology. Seems he musta had it all along.

Fudds rule. Others need to catch up. Or try.

DF

🤣👍
271 36,125 more...
IC B3
Re: Scopes for sale - Nikon and Zeiss LundyLundy 04/20/24
Omega SPF
11 1,488 more...
Re: Vortex Razor HD LH 3-15x42 Seymour357 04/20/24
650 shipped
19 2,103 more...
Re: Suggestions for defeating climate change RAM 04/20/24
Originally Posted by DigitalDan
Al Gore needs some help, and I think the Campfire is a good source for positive suggestions.

For example: when liberal protests occur the activists are using great quantities of energy, thus contributing to global warming. Worse, when they burn the American flag a variety of pollutants are released into the air we breathe. Blasting them with water cannons deprives plant life and aquatic life of a fundamental necessity. I suggest that they be doused with liquid hydrogen instead.

Your thoughts?

Al Gore is not the only one. Since it doesn't exist, why feed into the psychosis? Enjoy the weather. Live your life.
51 2,454 more...
Backpack Hunting Jump to new posts
Re: A little help with a back pack Irving_D 04/20/24
Matador makes great packs for travel. This is currently my favorite one it has a half dozen individual compartments for keeping clothing organized. A large zippered compartment. A few side compartments. Very lightweight and carry on friendly. They also make a selection of great travel accessories

Matador
17 1,942 more...
Re: CZ riifles wango 04/20/24
Ttt
22 3,334 more...
Re: Breakdancers to bust a move at this year's Olympics. JeffyD 04/20/24
How about making participation in swimming events mandatory?
17 824 more...
Elk Hunting Jump to new posts
Re: Hoof rot alpinecrick 04/20/24
Hoof rot is a bacteria found in the ground, particularly in livestock pastures and pens.

It has a lot to do with densities of elk, and their population growth in recent decades.

Probably most elk carry the bacteria around much of the time, but healthy hoofs don’t allow the bacteria to infect the hooves.
21 2,721 more...
Re: Breakdancers to bust a move at this year's Olympics. Beretta_Shooter916 04/20/24
I ain't gonna lie.

I had to Google tiddlywinks
17 824 more...
Re: Suggestions for defeating climate change jimone 04/20/24
Wind powered wood chippers would produce good mulch to feed the plants that fix carbon dioxide from the air.
51 2,454 more...
Re: Breaking News, Cops Beat Another One Up!!!! earlybrd 04/20/24
😂😂😂
16 1,232 more...
Re: That Guy the ATF Shot in the Head? They Covered Up the Camera First dassa 04/20/24
Originally Posted by shootem
Forcing you to buy a government license to trade in firearms is infringement. That turns keeping & bearing into a government granted and licensed privilege. The entire FFL scheme is in violation of 2A.
Virtually every gun law is in violation of the constitution.
52 5,433 more...
Ask The Gunwriters Jump to new posts
Re: Ernie's spring RevMike 04/20/24
I've done two Ernie's springs: one on a MOA Featherweight and the other on a MOA Featherweight Super Grade (Cabela model). The swap on the SG worked as expected, the one on the FWT didn't; so some careful coil trimming with fine wire cutters did the trick. You might want to try that with the factory spring before spending your money. BTW, a little heat on the end of an allen key will help with the removal of the sealer. Browning might advertise the MOA as an adjustable trigger, but it's obvious that they'd rather we not do it.

Just my $.02
10 1,410 more...
Re: Crispy AF outside Trump trial JeffyD 04/20/24
He found out what "troubled" really meant the instant he lit himself up.
Darwinism isn't a bad thing.
78 4,804 more...
Re: Breaking News, Cops Beat Another One Up!!!! dassa 04/20/24
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Originally Posted by Paul39
It was embarrassing to hear my Chinese friend pronounce "fork". blush
My cousin and I went into a Chinese restaurant back some thirty years ago and we couldn't believe the rudeness of the pretty young Chinese lady who handed us our takeout. As she did, she asked us if we wanted a fuckin spoon. grin We both just stared at her in stunned amazement at her crudeness towards customers, till we finally figured out that she was asking us if we wanted a fork and spoon. laugh
If a pretty Chinese waitress asked me if I wanted to fùck and spoon, I would be all in.
16 1,232 more...
Custom Rifles & Wildcats Jump to new posts
Re: Converting Savage 110 bolt face help taylorce1 04/20/24
Originally Posted by nick
Thanks guys. Yeah, the 110 is a long action (10 is short). The 110 I have is available in 204, 223, and 22-250.
I'll have to do some more snooping. Does Savage sell parts? Thanks for the above links I'll look around.
A buddy found a used 204 in a gun store, but that would be too easy.
Thanks Nick

Savage chaged the nomenclature for all actions long or short to 110 a few years back. However, since you're working with a long action you're going to need a LA bolt head and PT&G is probably the best place to get one.

Pacific Tool & Gage Bolt Head List

Don't worry about the Savage naysayers, they were my first foray into custom barrels. They're fun to play with and you can learn a lot from tinkering with one. You'll eventually want something nicer to build, but they make nice prairie dog rifles as you can easily order and replace barrels as you burn them out.
13 973 more...
Page 318 of 600 1 2 316 317 318 319 320 599 600
AX24

294 members (10gaugemag, 1_deuce, 16penny, 2ndwind, 204guy, 1minute, 38 invisible), 2,341 guests, and 1,028 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,168
Posts18,465,353
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.