24hourcampfire.com
24hourcampfire.com
-->
Active Threads | Active Posts | Unanswered Today | Since Yesterday | This Week
The Lefty Forum Jump to new posts
Re: Heads up LH M70 .338 $599 KenMi 04/19/24
So, this was a stainless/walnut version from the factory? I don't recall a blued LH 338 offered.
17 1,366 more...
Hunter's Campfire Jump to new posts
Re: PERSPECTIVES REGARDING LEAD BANS MAC 04/19/24
I will use what shoots best in my guns. I have some rifles that really like Barnes so that is what I use. Some rifles really like the good old Hornady which is what I use. My muzzleloader is a 54 and it shoots a big hunk of lead.

Y'All do what you want but I will shoot what works best in the gun. Screw the politicians
34 2,186 more...
Re: Iran getting lit up in next 24 to 48 hrs? Upperplainsman 04/19/24
I'll pray for you.
375 27,591 more...
IC B2
Re: Amazon vs Home Depot Son_of_the_Gael 04/19/24
Some things never change. One of them is that it always pays to compare prices.
36 1,830 more...
Re: Cop roughs up an 18 year old female Jackson_Handy 04/19/24
Originally Posted by Strop10
I would estimate more than 75% of my posts are responding to personal attack lies due to my lack of support for cops like the ones connected to this incident, so that sinks your 50% claim.

Go do the math and show us. I would guess your police bìtching posts are a solid 80% of your total posts.

Have you confronted the awful policeman? He should be chastised by the people, in person.
374 22,020 more...
AR and Tactical Rifles Jump to new posts
Re: PSA Lower on sale Pappy348 04/19/24
Originally Posted by tomt53
Damn you Pappy348, grin grin you cost me $680.00. I ordered two cool One last Thursday and when it came in and I checked it out, I ordered a second one. Thanks for the heads up!!!

Well it seems my work here wasn’t quite as done as I thought……😜
21 2,066 more...
Re: ‘Poisoned’ data could wreck AIs in wartime DigitalDan 04/19/24
Would it be too complicated to separate defense computer networks from the global networks?

Just asking for a friend.
17 616 more...
Re: Any Fiddle Players on the 'fire? 673 04/19/24
I do not play a fiddle, but there was always a fiddle around our home.
This brings a fond memory of my youth, my family always had gatherings that would go on for days, people dancing and jigging.
I remember people walking by our house or out in the bush wondering what was going on over there lol.

A tune that brings a tear to my eye, red river jig.
19 855 more...
Re: Cop roughs up an 18 year old female Strop10 04/19/24
Originally Posted by ribka
Why would someone come on a sportsmen forum and have over 50 per cent of their posts dedicated to hating cops?

sock puppet?

Originally Posted by Jackson_Handy
It's obvious why he did it. I was letting his defenders do their thing.

So you don't really want to know? Could you tell us why he did what he did?

He didn't want his actions to be recorded.

They were being clearly recorded by his dash cam. Apparently he is as dumb as you are. Shocker.

One less loose string is one less loose string.

Her pulling in to a business with cameras he had no control over likely added to his agitation.

I think you should go confront him

You need to get over to the RWVA speech thread to let everyone know how put off you are about being one of the king's men as a sarcastic statement instead of literally one of the king's men since your ideology lost.

I would estimate more than 75% of my posts are responding to personal attack lies due to my lack of support for cops like the ones connected to this incident, so that sinks your 50% claim.
374 22,020 more...
Ask The Gunwriters Jump to new posts
Re: FN Mauser Pappy348 04/19/24
You’re watching the wrong video. The FN bolt differs from military 98s, so you need to get that Mauser notion out of your noggin. Since the FN safety only has two positions and the ON position locks the bolt, once you remove the bolt you have to push the cocking piece against a hard surface and stick a dime or something similar in the little slot that gets exposed to hold it. A Ruger bolt is similar except there’s a hole for a small nail or pin.
36 4,296 more...
IC B3
Re: ‘Poisoned’ data could wreck AIs in wartime SupFoo 04/19/24
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
17 616 more...
Alaska Jump to new posts
Fish question maggie 04/19/24
Can someone give me a rough estimate of fillet weight of an average size river-run silver? Maybe a close guestimate for how many pounds of fillets for 1/2 dozen silvers. Last time we were up, we got our limit of river silvers, and did well on a halibut/lingcod trip, and came home with @ 80#s of fillets total, but I didn't really pay attention to the weight of just the salmon. Prices on everything have gone up so much that we are trying to figure where we can cut some costs this fall, may not do the sea charter. Thanks in advance.
(Hey Mike, hope all is well with you and family)
13 1,298 more...
Free Classifieds Jump to new posts
Re: semi custom kimber montana 7mm-08 winchester lubbockdave 04/19/24
$2300 shipped gun and scope.
13 1,758 more...
Re: Amazon vs Home Depot BigDave39355 04/19/24
Originally Posted by Jim1611
It seems that quite a few people would rather pay more and buy online than actually walk into a store. Those are a must have in my shop!

Just out of curiosity I looked them up at Mcmaster Carr $3.71 but no free shipping. https://www.mcmaster.com/6813A61/

Or don’t have a HD local.

Closest to me is 60 miles..
36 1,830 more...
Re: IDF strikes Iran simonkenton7 04/19/24
Originally Posted by ol_mike

It could be that time.

It is incredible that we didn't have a nuclear war during the Cuban Missile Crisis. I have been keeping my fingers crossed since October of 1962.
65 5,251 more...
Re: gentry rifle/semi custom .308 lubbockdave 04/19/24
$1000 shipped
7 1,287 more...
Re: Amazon vs Home Depot Orion2000 04/19/24
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
Originally Posted by Teal
Originally Posted by flintlocke
If you were to visit the same item on Amazon on successive days...I'd bet that by the end of the week you will be getting pop-up ads offering the same item cheaper and cheaper. I was looking to replace a lost pocket size vernier caliper a while back...by the end of the week they were offering the same caliper for 50% of the original quote.
I hate being a slave to internet buying but Home Depot is 90 miles and Graingers is a 110 miles. Gas here is 5.59.

Some sites monitor abandoned carts pretty heavy. Stick it in the cart and let it hang out a couple days. Sometimes you'll suddenly get a code/coupon in your email to entice a purchase too.

Doesn't work all of the time but I often try it on non-Amazon sites where I don't need the item immediately.
I recently got a 15% discount on something that way. After it sat in the cart overnight, they emailed me with an offer.

Same here. Just got 10% off some fiberglass fence posts yesterday by letting them sit in the cart overnight.
36 1,830 more...
Re: PERSPECTIVES REGARDING LEAD BANS Q_Sertorius 04/19/24
Originally Posted by BOBBALEE
Back in the sixties bottom feeding ducks were ingesting lead shot and dying. Any avid water fowl hunter saw it first hand. Not much outcry over the lead shot ban.

A year or two ago a game and fish dude from one of the mich. minn. wis. area states called for a ban because lead was killing bald eagles. A lot of Karen support but I don't know if any regs. got done.

Not much outcry? There was tremendous outcry. It took 30 years for that study to result in nationwide action. And with good reason, the original study was highly suspect. If I recall correctly, it studied LIVE birds. And I don't recall ever seeing studies that actually found lead shot in the bellies of dead birds. I believe in the scientific method, but if you haven't been paying attention, the outcome of "scientific studies" has depended on who is paying for the study for at least half a century now (and probably well before that). This isn't a new phenomenon that just sprang up during the pandemic. There isn't real "peer review" now, because it requires the willingness to commit professional suicide to criticize the prevailing orthodoxy.

And you realize that the alternatives are also toxic - just to different organisms? If they succeed in banning lead to save the birds, the next studies will be about how toxic copper is to other organisms. And therefore it will be banned...

And, of course you know that the "other safe alternatives" are regarded as armor piercing?

At the end of the day, hunters have to get it into their heads that what we do is kill animals. And that for a lot of people, it doesn't matter what or how you do it, many of the non-hunting crowd are against it because of that fact. The majority of Americans have lost touch with that part of life. And that applies doubly to your typical suburban or urban Democrat voter. The people who live in their gated communities or high rise condos with private security don't give a [bleep] about "the common person." They see hunters as bloodthirsty rednecks (who are probably also religious zealots) and from such a low class that they would not want to sit next to you on the subway. You are a deplorable to them. They are embarrassed by your very existence. In their world, the only people who are "allowed" to kill animals are members of native tribes, because they have all been brainwashed with noble savage stereotypes.

I would gladly adopt all copper bullets if I didn't see the switch to copper bullets as a way to make all my existing ammunition illegal to use AND a way to dump billions of dollars of profit into the bullet manufacturers' pockets. Even if copper bullets are just as cheap and effective as lead bullets, the demand for them from the millions of shooters will be insane when the switch is made. If you think previous ammo price hikes were bad, standby... If Sierra, Hornady, and Speer want to run an exchange program for all my unloaded lead bullets, then I will gladly switch to copper. But until I see something like that, I will continue to believe that the bullet manufacturers are not only going along with these new trends, but probably actively encouraging them.

Additionally, don't forget that this sort of ban won't just mean that we cannot use the lead ammo to hunt, it will also mean that we probably cannot plink on our own land with it, because some of the lead might end up in the water table or be ingested by birds. Or some similar bullshit justification. And that your local shooting range will be forced to comply with increasingly stringent environmental regulations, which will force prices to go up or make them no longer economically viable. That will make the ordinary target practice that so many of us regard as a requirement for ethical hunting harder and harder to accomplish.

Some of you will say, "I don't care about that, I will shoot anyway." But most people want to be law abiding. Many people cannot afford the risk of not being law abiding.

The people in the Federal government who make policy are usually aware that an immediate and outright attempt to ban something will not work (at least with the current Supreme Court composition), but that they can easily gradually strangle something out of existence. Death by a thousand cuts. And if they can succeed in making it harder and harder to use guns legally and easily, they can get it down to where only a small number of wealthy and "respectable" people can afford to do it. And those people will be heavily regulated, but they will put up with it because they can afford to do that.

The future of gun ownership in America - on the current trajectory - is not an outright ban. It is to make American gun ownership look like European gun ownership. Something open only to well-heeled people who are willing to submit to bureaucratic regulation and interference and who frankly don't mind that the hoi polloi don't get to do what they do. Gun ownership and hunting thus becomes an exclusive club, rather than a pastime available to the common person. Those people will be like the English nobility who kept the peasants from being able to forage in the local woods for game and firewood. And they will be quite happy, because there will be a lot less competition for game.

On the worst form of that trajectory, they can cut gun use and ownership down to shut a small minority that there is no significant opposition to more aggressive measures.

Never mind that something like 70% of the environmental lead comes from small airplanes, which still use leaded gas.
34 2,186 more...
Re: kimber montana semi custom .243 lubbockdave 04/19/24
$1450 shipped
34 4,634 more...
Re: Amazon vs Home Depot Rock Chuck 04/19/24
We're far enough out that we do a lot of online shopping. Also, the stores here have a very basic inventory, not a lot to choose from. We recently bought some bar stools. We got them online for $120 each. The local price for the same model was $300 each. I like to buy local but I'm not paying that much difference.
36 1,830 more...
Re: World's Finest Trimmer BR willyp 04/19/24
Open to offers...
3 545 more...
Re: Leupold Scope Rings willyp 04/19/24
Updated:

#1 - 30mm High Height (Dual Dovetail) - Matte Black (Leupold # 49958) $25.00 Shipped

#3 - 30mm High Height (Dual Dovetail) - Matte Black (Leupold # 49958) $25.00 Shipped

#4 - 30mm High Height (Dual Dovetail) - Matte Black (Leupold # 49958) $25.00 Shipped

#6 - 30mm High Height (Dual Dovetail) - Matte Black (Leupold # 49958) $25.00 Shipped

Open to offers.
3 473 more...
Rimfires Jump to new posts
Re: Browning 1911 22lr vbshootinrange 04/19/24
pabucktail;

I carry my Browning 1911-22 in an Officers Model 1911 IWB holster. My belt "snugs" it in just fine.

Virgil B.
16 1,967 more...
Re: Cop roughs up an 18 year old female Jackson_Handy 04/19/24
Originally Posted by mirage243
Originally Posted by steve"dogfùcker"4102
HandyMan will be along shortly to justify this, followed that c2 dipschit

Go Fùck yourself coçksucker. Worthless do nothing old bìtch.

I don't know anything about this and don't care about it.

Of course you don't.

Why would I? I wasn't there, don't work there, don't know him, don't know their policies.

I have zero interest in complaining about something I have nothing to do with.
374 22,020 more...
Re: IDF strikes Iran gunchamp 04/19/24
Originally Posted by CGPAUL
Agree....and 99.9% of the Jokers on this thread will NOT have their asses on the line, should TSHTF. If some are unlucky, remember only 1% of our population actually serve this country, their kids asses will be and maybe grandkids asses. No thought of them...and if some should think the two Oceans we have on both sides of our country will protect us from getting hit, think again.

Get on the phone, call your reps and tell them to keep our noses out of this..
Great post!!
65 5,251 more...
Page 324 of 614 1 2 322 323 324 325 326 613 614
AX24

182 members (257 mag, 12344mag, 338rcm, 1eyedmule, 2UP, 300jimmy, 12 invisible), 1,372 guests, and 883 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,061
Posts18,463,286
Members73,923
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.