24hourcampfire.com
24hourcampfire.com
Active Threads | Active Posts | Unanswered Today | Since Yesterday | This Week
Free Classifieds Jump to new posts
Re: "New" Fake Leupold's drop_point 03/25/24
Originally Posted by brad6ppc
I knew they weren't Leupolds and I figured he did. The word Leupold doesn't appear anywhere on the box and neither one of us even included the word in our conversation. He was looking at a quick flip for some easy cash. He looked them over and was happy with the trade. I never forced his hand and when he came back I asked him how he wanted to handle it and he just walked away. I never tried to sell the trade items I put them under the table in case he wanted to trade back. To me it was just another scope like the other dozen on the table. People looked at stuff on my tables all weekend, they asked questions, bought stuff, made offers and there was no issues. I have already made him the offer of trading back but he won't accept. I priced them at $250 with some room to accept offers and when I traded got around $200 to $225 in items at his price . A 4.5-14 Leupold new in the box is going to be $500+ and I had a couple of used Leupolds there priced in that area not in boxes. I never instigated the sale, he called the shots.

"I figured he did." That's a poor defense when knowingly peddling counterfeit wares.

"The word Leupold doesn't appear anywhere on the box"

Were you peddling boxes or scopes?

If you were selling the large lot of counterfeit scopes for a demented veteran, why did you trade? Were you planning on paying the veteran for that scope? Or selling the components?

Knowing they were counterfeit, why did you agree to sell them??????????
163 12,560 more...
Re: Nosler Partition 7mm 175gr. Vandon16 03/25/24
$150 shipped.
2 255 more...
Hunter's Campfire Jump to new posts
Re: Russia Attack - Latest Update LBP 03/25/24
Originally Posted by Diggerman
I think I would rather get captured by the Apache.

+1

Originally Posted by rainshot
Don't blame the Russians for being inquisitive about the mass murder of their citizens. Whoever is proven responsible can give their soul to God because their collective asses belong to the Russians.. and I don't blame them.

I don’t blame the Russians one bit!
150 11,717 more...
IC B2
Re: Skinner sights Jim in Idaho 03/25/24
Originally Posted by johnn
Originally Posted by gutthooked
Got one for a muzzy loader, wasn't high enough to get bullet on target as they claimed it would wanted me to but shims for their site. Ended up getting another site that works.

I had a similar situation on TC / M L, Andy (Skinner) made me a longer post.

Well made, I like them
That reminds me, I also needed a much taller front sight than they offered for a custom stocked 10/22. I called him on a Monday with the height and dovetail combo needed and it arrived in the mail on Thursday of that same week.
30 2,479 more...
Re: Star Trek or Star Wars? Jim_Conrad 03/25/24
Yeah....neither.
52 2,708 more...
Re: Nosler Partition 7mm 175gr. Vandon16 03/25/24
Not sure why my pics won’t show.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
2 255 more...
Re: My resignation from Co. P&W commission should serve as a wake-up call to hunting community PaulBarnard 03/25/24
Hunting is on the decline in Colorado, yet there was enough pressure from hunting groups to force him out. Interesting.
10 1,928 more...
Re: Ruger Super Redhawk .454 Casull #05505 Magnaported kingstrider 03/25/24
$1400 shipped
12 1,377 more...
Horses and ATV's Jump to new posts
Re: kawasaki mule carb. rainshot 03/25/24
The carb. worked great and it is now reliable. Thanks for the help.
5 1,057 more...
Ask The Gunwriters Jump to new posts
Re: lee collet dies mathman 03/25/24
It seems like Lee could skip the FL die and put in a body die instead.
64 7,561 more...
IC B3
Re: Painted rifle stocks, what is your preference of color and design? John_Boy 03/25/24
Good thing. Hogue rubberized stocks don't like paint....
But then again I haven't had the chance to try one since I've started using adhesion promoter....
40 2,774 more...
Re: Russia Attack - Latest Update TreeMutt 03/25/24
Originally Posted by SupFoo
Moscow Terror Attack Suspects Hauled Before Court, One Literally Unconscious

Below is what is known of the four thus far, based on statements in Russian media:

1) Dalerjon Mirzoev - Confessed - 32, Illegal Immigrant from Tajikistan, overstayed work visa, father of 4 young children.

2) Saidakrom Rachabalizoda - 28, allegedly born in Tajikistan, lives in Moscow.

3) Shamsiddin Fariduni - 24, Born in Tajikistan, factory worker, father of an 8-month-old baby.

4) Muhammadsobir Fayzov - Hairdresser, wheeled in on a stretcher to court. All have reportedly been charged under Russia's "Terrorist Act" for their alleged involvement in the Crocus City Hall terrorist attack.

Russia has said the attackers are not Russian citizens...

"Four sets of combat ammunition, with more than 500 bullets and 28 magazines, and two Kalashnikov assault rifles, which the attackers were armed with, were confiscated from the scene of the tragedy."

However, anonymous US intelligence officials who spoke to major US media outlets claim that Moscow was notified that a big terror act was going to happen. But Antonov has said "some things [in this cooperation] worked out… and it is all destroyed today through no fault of our own."

"We did not receive any notifications or messages in advance," Antonov told RIA. However, White House spokesman John Kirby has sought to clarify, "I’m not aware of any advance knowledge that we had of this."

https://twitter.com/i/status/1771906847231852756

Zero Hedge

You probably don't want to be a Terrorist and get captured by the Russians.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Good post...the key for the Russians is to find out who provided the money

One of the perps said he got half, which was deposited in his card which he "lost" or in some article of cloths he discarded. As to who payed, during the interrogation he said "no name was given, first or last" done over Telegram. Why would ISIS give a (bleep) who knew who payed?

Half now and half later...don't sound like ISIS.

MAGA!
150 11,717 more...
Express Rifles and Big Bores Only Jump to new posts
Re: The great 458 Winchester. Everyone should own one at least once GunLoony88 03/25/24
Eagerly awaiting your findings Sir Ron! I know the rifling in my Taurus Judge really spreads a .410 shell with #8s, and that's with a 3 inch barrel! No telling what a 20-24" spin cycle will do!
3,913 740,689 more...
Re: lee collet dies Dirtfarmer 03/25/24
Originally Posted by JGRaider
Great idea DF. Good stuff.
Ya gotta make do with what ya got.

DF
64 7,561 more...
Re: Star Trek or Star Wars? Jim in Idaho 03/25/24
Star Trek TOS and the first three Star Wars movies, episodes IV to VI. All the rest range from okay to terrible.

However, I nominate Star Trek: Enterprise, Season 3, Episode 15, as the high point of the entire Star Trek collection:

[Linked Image from images.celebritymoviearchive.com]
52 2,708 more...
Big Game Rifles Jump to new posts
Re: Low recoil cartridge choice & or reduced load choice bsa1917hunter 03/25/24
223 and 243 win are the first ones that come to my mind. Wondering why people directed you to this forum? Are you looking to handload? You can handload just about anything so it is "low recoil"...
28 1,919 more...
Re: 13 Russian TU-95 Nuke capable bombers in the air now...?... gunchamp 03/25/24
Originally Posted by plumbum
Originally Posted by gunchamp
Just back read through any of these types of threads and you will see more than enough fat, old, tough guys that are more than willing to send our children off to die to fight the Russian boogeyman

Please quote where anybody in this thread wants war with Russia. Si vis pax, parabellum works both ways, war with Russia would seriously hurt, and vice-versa.

Nobody here wants war with Russia and nobody here wants to send any of our troops over there.
If you seriously think that, you should spend some time back reading on any thread that involves Russia or Ukraine. There are people on here foaming at the mouth for it. Same in our Gov. This is a waste of time even debating this.
382 24,680 more...
General Big Game Jump to new posts
Best pig trap bait??? hanco 03/25/24
I’ve caught bunches of pigs, mostly in central Texas. I’ve always worn rubber boots, used scent killer on my hands and boots. I had no trouble catching the bastards with plain corn, but that hasn’t worked so well in East Texas. Any ideas on a bait to use? I don’t want any kind of motor oil or diesel, because I use the same pens for deer. Something sweet to help cover my scent??? Any ideas??
23 1,864 more...
Re: 13 Russian TU-95 Nuke capable bombers in the air now...?... gunchamp 03/25/24
Originally Posted by Swifty52
Originally Posted by gunchamp
The war on terror was a money making scheme. 9/11 hijackers were from Saudi, yet we attacked 2 different countries, not them. The middle east is a bigger nightmare now that it was before we invaded. Thats not even debatable.

Vietnam served no purpose other than to feed the MIC and kill off thousands upon thousands of our countries young men. We didnt stop communism and better yet, our country has become exactly what we were told we were stopping

We are already at war with Russia. Nato has boots on the ground and NATO has been the ones controlling the show. Ukes dont have anyone left. This is why Putin just officially announced they are at war. Everyone who has any clue as to what is happening in Ukraine knows that its the US and nato that Russia is currently fighting

Just back read through any of these types of threads and you will see more than enough fat, old, tough guys that are more than willing to send our children off to die to fight the Russian boogeyman

That nasty ole Russian boogeyman again, 70 years now that Russia is behind everything wrong. Getting old hat folks kinda like the racist tag, throw it out there enough and you take it for the lie it is. NATO/EU/USA were behind this otherwise they wouldnt be trying so hard to gaslight it.
Spot on!
382 24,680 more...
Re: "New" Fake Leupold's TRexF16 03/25/24
Where does the linked Craigslist ad flow into the timeline here? Hopefully not still up as shown.
It had Leupold in the title, but I don't know how that came to be.
163 12,560 more...
Gunsmithing Jump to new posts
Re: Addressing scope mounting problem/issue BangPop 03/25/24
Use the lap and stand the rifle up vertically so gravity has no ability to flex the parts.
23 1,803 more...
Gunsmithing Jump to new posts
Re: Addressing scope mounting problem/issue Rapier 03/25/24
Interesting, I need help with a gun....no make or model, might as well be, I need help with the air. Obviously the front and rear action rings are not level under that streight edge, so they are not the same height, if square. A scope base or bases should be level and centered to the axis of the bore as mounted.
First thing you need are bases or a base for that make and model action. Forget shims or Fouxinh up a scope mount job wih epoxy.
23 1,803 more...
Savage Collectors Jump to new posts
Re: Receiver sights without wood removal 1899 Jlin222 03/25/24
And of course wyo1895's book shows his 1940 99RS with Redfield 70LH.
25 2,734 more...
Re: "New" Fake Leupold's mrmattjohnson 03/25/24
Some people aren't aware that there are counterfeit leupolds. It says leupold on the scope itself even if it doesn't say anything on a box. My dad has been conned with one of them too.

My generation is far less trusting than my father's generation for good reason. The world has changed and people have too.
163 12,560 more...
Re: WTS: Beretta 390 12ga 28" outahere 03/25/24
Great deal on an outstanding shotgun!
16 835 more...
Page 327 of 768 1 2 325 326 327 328 329 767 768
YB23

Who's Online Now
638 members (1badf350, 09wingates, 2003and2013, 007FJ, 160user, 67 invisible), 2,647 guests, and 1,175 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,603
Posts18,398,309
Members73,817
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.