24hourcampfire.com
24hourcampfire.com
-->
Active Threads | Active Posts | Unanswered Today | Since Yesterday | This Week
Custom Rifles & Wildcats Jump to new posts
Re: Converting Savage 110 bolt face help taylorce1 04/20/24
Originally Posted by nick
Thanks guys. Yeah, the 110 is a long action (10 is short). The 110 I have is available in 204, 223, and 22-250.
I'll have to do some more snooping. Does Savage sell parts? Thanks for the above links I'll look around.
A buddy found a used 204 in a gun store, but that would be too easy.
Thanks Nick

Savage chaged the nomenclature for all actions long or short to 110 a few years back. However, since you're working with a long action you're going to need a LA bolt head and PT&G is probably the best place to get one.

Pacific Tool & Gage Bolt Head List

Don't worry about the Savage naysayers, they were my first foray into custom barrels. They're fun to play with and you can learn a lot from tinkering with one. You'll eventually want something nicer to build, but they make nice prairie dog rifles as you can easily order and replace barrels as you burn them out.
13 980 more...
Hunter's Campfire Jump to new posts
Re: Dillon seems to have taken a nose dive in customer service mark shubert 04/20/24
Originally Posted by Hotrod_Lincoln
I'd be standing across a desk or counter from someone at the company headquarters who can give me an answer, with the machine in question in my hands- - - -not emailing or making phone calls. It's hard to ignore or BS someone who is at handshake distance.
That would be over a 900 mile trip for the man.
21 1,552 more...
Re: Breakdancers to bust a move at this year's Olympics. KenMi 04/20/24
Watermelon relay race
Rib and fried chicken eating contest
17 853 more...
IC B2
Re: Suggestions for defeating climate change BC30cal 04/20/24
DigitalDan;
Top of the morning from the still dark part of south central BC, I hope you all are well this second last Saturday of the 4th month.

Thanks for the topic sir and in fact I do have a few suggestions.

Anyone speaking at or attending any climate conferences cannot fly in a private jet. Further they'll need to fly in commercial jets packed with a "reasonable minimum" of people onboard so as to not waste fuel.

When they arrive at the destination, they cannot stay in luxury hotels where the carbon footprint per guest is astronomical because as we all know, that real estate needs to be climate controlled as they've declared that a "human right" now.

If the venue for the climate meeting is anything less than 5km from the non-luxury hotel, they must walk. Those who cannot can be pushed in a chair or trike. If it is further, then they cannot take limos, they must go to and from the venue via public transportation, preferably a bus.

Speaking of "people", there will be a cap put on the number of attendees from each representative country. For example the last time our PM Socks was in Jamaica, we saw on the news no less than 36 SUVs in the motorcade. That will no longer be acceptable.

If any of the guest speakers has more than one house, they must be automatically disqualified from speaking at the event.

Further, there will be an environmental lifestyle ranking system developed and if the lifestyle of the individual does not pass, again they're disqualified from speaking at the event.

Finally, whenever possible, protests will be done via some online format such as Facetime or a giant Zoom call as that will have the least impact on the environment possible.

I've long maintained that IF these upstanding individuals really and truly believed what they are speaking, they'd begin by following those simple rules.

I mean if they're unwilling to "practice what they preach" why would we or anyone with two random grey cells to rub together take them seriously?

All the best from up here where I've had to light a fire in the woodstove for the 3rd morning in a row to warm up the place a tad.

Wood, the renewable and reliable heat source for eons..... wink

Dwayne
51 2,526 more...
Re: The Covid Vaccines May Have Killed 17 Million People. Orion2000 04/20/24
"The Covid Vaccines May Have Killed 17 Million People."

That was just the warm up...
152 14,692 more...
Free Classifieds Jump to new posts
Re: Kimber “Montana” 6.5 Creedmoor pka45 04/20/24
Bump
19 3,691 more...
Re: Leupold FX-1 4x28, VX-Freedom 2-7x33 pka45 04/20/24
$200 for VX-Freedom
10 934 more...
Long Range Hunting Jump to new posts
Re: Savage 110 Long Range Hunter in 6.5-284...Thoughts? slaptrigger 04/20/24
In my opinion, they aren’t exactly a pretty rifle but tend to have better than average accuracy. I’ve only owned a handful tho.
10 924 more...
Re: Breakdancers to bust a move at this year's Olympics. JeffyD 04/20/24
Here are some suggestions for future Olympic events:

Speed Carjacking

Outrunning the Po-Po

For the shooting sports enthusiasts - firing your Glock ghetto style

Smash and Grab

Beating your ho
17 853 more...
Re: Suggestions for defeating climate change 12344mag 04/20/24
Originally Posted by DigitalDan
Sir, with all respect, I seek positive solutions based on logic, not rants caused by frustration.

Another idea: Rather than prolonged imprisonment of felons, why not give them a flying lesson with an old style Roman catapult?

Are you talking about something like Pumpkin Chucking?
51 2,526 more...
IC B3
Re: Breaking News, Cops Beat Another One Up!!!! Paul39 04/20/24
laugh laugh laugh No, Li, it's foorrrrk.
16 1,254 more...
Re: Sane students walk out and protest "furries" JeffP 04/20/24
Tolerance of nonsense is why we are where we are…..
35 2,656 more...
Re: Retired today!! StarchedCover 04/20/24
Congratulations on your retirement.

Welcome to the club.

StarchedCover
83 4,217 more...
Re: Retired today!! thumbcocker 04/20/24
Good for you. Enjoy your retirement
83 4,217 more...
Re: Crispy AF outside Trump trial The_Real_Hawkeye 04/20/24
Have they yet figured out what the issue was he was attempting to bring attention to?
78 4,919 more...
WTS. Impossible to find. WTS Windham Weaponry RIFLE A1 20 GVT 1×7, WITH STD STOCK AR-15 HFlier 04/20/24
WTS. Impossible to find. WTS Windham Weaponry RIFLE A1 20 GVT 1×7, WITH STD STOCK AR-15

Never fired. No box. Manufacturers price is over $1400. Selling this one shipped in lower 48 for $1,000

Specs:

RIFLE A1 20 GVT 1×7, WITH STD STOCK

$1,411.00

RIFLE A1 20 GVT 1x7, WITH STD STOCK quantity
Add to Cart
Description
Description
SKU: R20GVTA1S-7
Caliber: 223 Remington/5.56 NATO
Action: Semi-Automatic, Gas Impingement System
Capacity: 30 + 1 – Ships with one 30 Round Magazine
Safety: Manual Lever with Indicator Markings on Both Sides of Receiver
Receiver: A1 Upper With Brass Deflector and Teardrop Forward Assist
Receiver Material: Forged 7075 T6 Aircraft Aluminum with Aluminum Trigger Guard
Receiver Finish: Hardcoat Black Anodize Finish
Trigger: Standard Mil-Spec Trigger
Bolt Material:Carpenter 158 Steel
Barrel: 20″ A2 Profile – Chrome-Lined with A1 Flash Suppressor
Barrel Material: 4150 Chrome Moly Vanadium 11595E Steel with M4 Feed Ramps
Rifling: 1 in 7″ – Right Hand Twist
Stock: A2 Solid Stock with Trapdoor Storage Compartment
Forend: Rifle-Length Triangular Handguard with A1 Delta Ring
Pistol Grip: A1 Black Plastic Grip
Rear Sight: A1 Dual Aperture Rear Sight
Front Sight: Adjustable Height Square Post in A2 Standard Base
Weight: 7.45 lbs. without magazine
Length: 39.5

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
1 309 more...
Re: Does Advertising Work on You dassa 04/20/24
Originally Posted by rcamuglia

Very compelling
Which do you imagine is you? And which is burns?
88 4,338 more...
Re: Sane students walk out and protest "furries" RockyRaab 04/20/24
It is the "furries" who are a distraction and an impediment to order and discipline. The policies are already in place to remove them if they do not comply with established order. The fact that they are not being removed is proof that their behavior is sanctioned by school authorities. That's where the problem lies and where the solution must be focused.
35 2,656 more...
Re: Breaking News, Cops Beat Another One Up!!!! The_Real_Hawkeye 04/20/24
Originally Posted by Paul39
It was embarrassing to hear my Chinese friend pronounce "fork". blush
My cousin and I went into a Chinese restaurant back some thirty years ago and we couldn't believe the rudeness of the pretty young Chinese lady who handed us our takeout. As she did, she asked us if we wanted a fuckin spoon. grin We both just stared at her in stunned amazement at her crudeness towards customers, till we finally figured out that she was asking us if we wanted a fork and spoon. laugh
16 1,254 more...
Lever Actions - General Jump to new posts
Beretta Lever Guns, anyone here been around one? Sharecropper 04/20/24
I ran across one today, didn’t have a clue they even made them.
The one I saw was modeled after the Winchester 73, chambered in 45 with a 20 inch barrel, and priced decent at $1350.
I hoping someone here has some insight, anything shared would be appreciated.
Thanks
1 520 more...
Re: Retired today!! earlybrd 04/20/24
Nice
83 4,217 more...
Re: Most accurate, unbiased news sources. Tminc 04/20/24
Originally Posted by gsganzer
The Wall Street Journal is about as close as it gets.

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣😎 yeah right!give me a break,the only thing that comes out of ny that's worth a damn is maple syrup.
40 2,494 more...
Re: Suggestions for defeating climate change 12344mag 04/20/24
Originally Posted by DigitalDan
Al Gore needs some help, and I think the Campfire is a good source for positive suggestions.

For example: when liberal protests occur the activists are using great quantities of energy, thus contributing to global warming. Worse, when they burn the American flag a variety of pollutants are released into the air we breathe. Blasting them with water cannons deprives plant life and aquatic life of a fundamental necessity. I suggest that they be doused with liquid hydrogen instead.

Your thoughts?

Oh I don't know, liquid hydrogen seems a little fast, a pool of hydrochloric acid might be a good alternative.
51 2,526 more...
Re: Sane students walk out and protest "furries" Dess 04/20/24
Bullying isn't always about physical strength. How often does a younger sibling threaten to cry and make a fuss in order to get their own way? This is the same thing on a bigger scale. The game is up when the adult in the room stops it.

How many times have you watched your child cry...wait to see if anyone was sympathetic....and give up.
35 2,656 more...
Re: Crispy AF outside Trump trial simonkenton7 04/20/24
As I said above, he'll be dead by midnight. Add the percent of the body covered with 3rd degree burns, in this case 100 percent, to the age of the patient. For this patient you come up with 137.
He had a 137 percent chance of dying.

nypost.com

Troubled “conspiracy theorist” Max Azzarello died Friday night hours after he set himself on fire in a Manhattan park across the street from former President Donald Trump’s hush money trial, police said.

After the self-immolation, cops swarmed the area as an ambulance was close behind and he was brought to a nearby hospital’s burn unit in critical condition. But he died at around 10:30 p.m., police and sources said.
78 4,919 more...
Page 329 of 600 1 2 327 328 329 330 331 599 600
AX24

535 members (219DW, 204guy, 1936M71, 17CalFan, 160user, 1beaver_shooter, 47 invisible), 1,862 guests, and 1,053 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,182
Posts18,465,649
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.