24hourcampfire.com
24hourcampfire.com
-->
Active Threads | Active Posts | Unanswered Today | Since Yesterday | This Week
Hunter's Campfire Jump to new posts
Re: How to sell reloading stuff gunswizard 04/15/24
Auctions bring out low ball bidders and then there's commission fees, not very profitable after all is said and done. I've sold a lot of reloading related items in the classifieds here on the 'Fire.
23 2,303 more...
Handguns Jump to new posts
Re: 357 Magnum just about dead hikerbum 04/15/24
Dead? LOL
No, still one of the best defensive rounds anywhere
133 12,665 more...
Handguns Jump to new posts
Re: 357 Magnum just about dead The_Real_Hawkeye 04/15/24
Originally Posted by gnoahhh
Having had a few .357's filter through my fingers, the one I regret the most was one I didn't actually buy. It was an early-1960's vintage Colt Trooper that my uncle bought new and proceeded to hammer the piss out of for the next 40 years. It was also the first centerfire revolver I ever fired as a young teenager. Fast forward to his estate sale and there it was on the table with his other well worn hunting guns. I passed on it at $300 as its finish was worn completely off, timing was almost nonexistent, end shake out the ass, lockup a sometimes thing, and the bore worn half smooth from untold gazillions of shots- all maximum loads of course, but just as likely from zealous use of cleaning rods. I took my cousin aside and asked him whyinhell he was selling his Old Man's Trooper and he just rolled his eyes and said as much lead spit out the sides as what went up the spout, and that a local pistolsmith quoted about twice as much more than the cost of a new S&W .357 to make it right, so away it goes. I pondered buying that thing, as much for nostalgia reasons as any, but in the end I walked away from it. The regret settled in on my drive home.....
I would have passed on that, too.
133 12,665 more...
IC B2
Predators and Varmints Jump to new posts
Re: UPDATE on 84lb coyote TWR 04/15/24
Originally Posted by tmitch
A lot of people in the southern farm areas hunt at night with thermal equipment. I've not used thermal scopes, how difficult would it be to distinguish between a 40lb coyote and an 80lb wolf coming to a call? What I've seen on videos the image is not that detailed.

It would be nearly impossible without a built in rangefinder, you just can't estimate range at night. I have a buddy that stalked a pig only to find out it was an armadillo. I've heard the same story from others too. It's different if you know the place and have an idea of how far the tree line is but some places I hunt I've never been on in daylight.
10 1,624 more...
The Lefty Forum Jump to new posts
Re: And a REALLY rare bird … Onstep 04/15/24
Correct straight Tupperware. That rifle would get an Echols Legend and go hunting!
11 1,456 more...
Re: Picking up dead illegal immigrants along the Border 358WCF 04/15/24
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher
Originally Posted by wilkeshunter
I guess the moral of the story is to allow them free entry.

I’m going with the moral of the story being enforcing Border security and turning back those who made it that far would be the best way to control this.

Maybe putting the bodies on big sticks would be even more effective. Vlad the Impaler had the right idea.
20 2,034 more...
Re: Latest auction buy Partsman 04/15/24
Never used a muzzle brake, this one just happened to have one.

Shoot 375 and 338 magnums and have shot bolt action 458’s so no worries there, talked to a gunsmith on how it is on there and he wants to see it so he can make sure it can be removed.

He’s the one that has the four bore and that is something to see, and fire.
18 2,337 more...
Hunting Optics Jump to new posts
Re: NightForce SHV ronc 04/15/24
I would opt for something with a wider fov.
35 4,429 more...
Big Game Rifles Jump to new posts
Re: Ok 1 bullet 2 guns help okie john 04/15/24
165 of your choice. TAC in the 308, one of the 4350s in the 30-06.

Okie John
26 1,683 more...
Re: Steve Bannon aint stupid, but he knows GOP voters are. rickt300 04/15/24
Originally Posted by jetjockey
Originally Posted by rickt300
Originally Posted by rickt300
https://newrepublic.com/post/180499/watch-fox-news-panic-jobs-report

Do you watch any media at all? Trump said on Truth social the market is doing so well because he’s leading in the polls and investors are counting on him becoming President. Of course investors know the markets typically do much better under Democrats, so what he said is the most ridiculous thing in the wold, but I’m sure you’ll believe him.

Idiot, the stock market is not the economy. There are many factors why our stock market is doing well , one of them investors that were putting their money into the Chinese Shanghai stock market have invested in our stock market because theirs is crashing. Which brings us back to the part where the stock market is not the same as the US economy. And yes anticipating Trump's return may just be a factor in why our Market is still holding its own. Don't forget inflation has an effect on the markets numbers also. To add just because Trump says something doesn't mean there isn't a gray area in there somewhere.

You’re absolutely right, but it’s a strong indicator, just as GDP, jobs, consumer confidence, earnings, etc.

I would say it is more a strong indicator for whatever companies stocks are doing well and not doing well. Those companies may or may not be American. The jobs report is very flawed and will be as usual revised downward. Consumer confidence is not at a high of any kind, earnings are not matching inflation which is up a variously quoted 19% since Joey was installed.

My god! 🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️. Inflation is a global issue due to Covid. You guys are such idiots. You claim the chity economy at the end of Trumps term was due to Covid, and not his policy’s. Yet when inflation is up due to Covid, it’s Biden’s fault? Which is it, you can’t have it both ways?

Who cares if the jobs report is adjusted slightly downward. It could be cut by 50,000 jobs and it will still exceed all forecasts by 50,000 jobs.

Ha ha ha what a fool. Inflation is not caused totally by Covid. Here in America inflation began as blue cities shut down their economies (businesses) for no good reason causing shortages. The biggest cause of inflation presently is the energy supply not meeting demand. Not to belittle the contribution of outrageous debt spending lowering the value of the dollar. Yes Joey is a major factor in rising inflation. High energy costs cause higher prices all around. What [bleep] economy at the end of Trump's term? When are you retards going to take responsibility for Biden?
220 11,861 more...
IC B3
AR and Tactical Rifles Jump to new posts
Re: .223 die set-up jimmyp 04/15/24
I set the redding dies up just like the redding directions say and resize the brass, trim to length, load the bullet to just shy of magpul magazine length.
12 893 more...
Free Classifieds Jump to new posts
Re: Want to buy or trade: H4895 centershot 04/15/24
Picked up a pound at Scheels in Boise yesterday. $54 - they had a few more. If you have a Scheels store in your neck of the woods it may be worth a look.
13 1,366 more...
Re: Shìthouse Rat Show jaguartx 04/15/24
TFF, Trump just set another trap for the POS Dimocraps.

Now they have to fight to let illegal aliens vote and 62% of people, even Dimocraps iirc, polled by Rasmussen, don't like that.

They cut the introduction of Trump inviting Johnson to the podium at MAL where Mike Johnson said, "Thank you Mr President."

What's coming this week? The Bill that will require all who vote in Federal Elections to PROVE THEY ARE US CITIZENS.

What's coming? Just like Q and the crazy Eyeball said. Voter ID and it will be the death of the DNC.

12,207 981,332 more...
Re: Honda 2200 vs harbor freight 2000 norm99 04/15/24
Honda Generators and pumps , i wont buy anything else. I have an Onan in my 5th wheel sucks fuel big time.

Norm
53 4,358 more...
Winchester Collectors Jump to new posts
Re: Another 1894 25-35 question AKwolverine 04/15/24
For Pocono:

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
18 1,583 more...
Re: Therm-A-Rest items USMC2602 04/15/24
Cot still available.
6 802 more...
************WTB or Trade Swift .375 A-Frame 270gr dukxdog 04/15/24
Swift .375 A-Frame 270gr

I need a box of these bullets. Let me know if you can sell or trade.

Thanks!
6 263 more...
Re: Its meme time DMc 04/15/24
77,633 14,529,832 more...
Ask The Gunwriters Jump to new posts
Re: 458 Win, 10mm Tisas DaveinWV 04/15/24
Originally Posted by 458Win
It’s not simply the “continuous nature”.
I simply feel overwhelmed by all the bear experts and their choice of weapons 🙄

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
48 8,056 more...
Re: Do You Believe the Earth is 6000 Years Old? Feral_American 04/15/24
Originally Posted by antelelope_sniper
Most Christians are good people. Of all the Christian's I've debated, none are as lacking in civility as you. If this is who you really are, and I hope it's not, you belong in the same category as a Muslim Extremists.

Oh stop playing victim, it's pathetic.

A genuine debate on this subject is so far above you it's laughable.

Your's, that cuck from Australia, and a couple others entire premise here has been to convince anyone who dares confess in front of you that God is the Creator and Jesus is the Savior that they are wrong. And you take great offense to your efforts being wholly rejected and/or ridiculed.

Just who the hell do you think you are anyway?

I suspect evil is working overtime through you, and them. Evil is not to be coddled or tolerated. It's OK to hate evil.
480 31,782 more...
Re: As Missiles Fall On Israel, Iran Says Retaliation Is "Concluded" & Warns US To "Stay Away" antelope_sniper 04/15/24
Originally Posted by T_O_M
Originally Posted by Westman
My question is, why in sam hell doesn't Israel take care of this issue? There must be a lot more involved........follow the money?

Most of the puzzle is our own internally inconsistent politics regarding Israel. We have a pretty strong pro-Israel faction in congress. We provide them with funding and equipment .. and tacit support .. to use whenever we want to bloody someone's nose in the middle east but don't want to take responsibility ourselves. That support is pretty steady. And yet, we have a bleeding heart faction which wants to withhold funding and support any time Israel does our dirty work too well. That is further confused by our increasing isolationism. We leave Israel in a tenuous position. And .. they are not innocent of being our patsies either, they're pretty willing.

So .. so far as retaliating against Iran, I think Israel likely senses that they've already reached the limit of our support given the body count in Gaza and that this isn't the time to push further by attacking Iran. I could be wrong, though, and they could be bombing the [bleep] out of Tehran as I type. They're a bit .. unpredictable.

This strike was as choreographed as a WWE match. Iran launches a drone attack to save face, telegraphs the necessary intel to allow the US and Israel to shoot down 99% of the vehicles with zero loss of human life so the Israelis not put in a position where they must re-escalate to save face.

Pure Kayfabe.
157 12,873 more...
Re: FS in OR 1997 Ford F-250 7.3l Powerstroke diesel extended cab 4x4 pickup Pharmseller 04/15/24
Originally Posted by Reloder28
What size are the tanks? Original mechanical fuel injection? Small turbo?

17 gallons each.

All stock, no chip or programming.

P
24 3,214 more...
Re: Its meme time DMc 04/15/24
77,633 14,529,832 more...
Re: FOR SALE: Swarovski Z5 3.5-18x44 P AZmark 04/15/24
^^^^^^still for sale^^^^^^^^open to reasonable offers
5 970 more...
Re: Shìthouse Rat Show AKwolverine 04/15/24
Originally Posted by jaguartx
Originally Posted by rainshot
I don't think it'll even be that close.

I think Trump will win every state.

Is this still in your Rebuplic of Fairytale; or have you made the long journey back to reality?
12,207 981,332 more...
Page 338 of 628 1 2 336 337 338 339 340 627 628
AX24

194 members (17CalFan, 257_X_50, 300_savage, 338reddog, 1_deuce, 30 invisible), 2,079 guests, and 1,069 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,599
Posts18,454,488
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.