24hourcampfire.com
24hourcampfire.com
-->
Active Threads | Active Posts | Unanswered Today | Since Yesterday | This Week
Long Range Hunting Jump to new posts
Re: May give it a shot! rcamuglia 04/21/24
Originally Posted by JohnBurns
Again there are lots of good reasons to develope the skill of placing a bullet on target at longer distance. It just does not start right off with hunting shots and some choose to never shoot game at longer range.

Just the pursuit of the skill and knowledge is a worth while endeavor. It takes time, resources, and effort to do it right.

Taking game at distance, after putting in the effort to learn the craft, is even better, just like sneaking closer than most is fulfilling.

🎯🎯🎯
35 3,792 more...
Ask The Gunwriters Jump to new posts
Re: JB/MD - .284 Win and 7WSM Mule Deer 04/21/24
Yep! So does Eileen. Dunno how many big game animals we've taken with them, but they include pronghorns, whitetail and mule deer, and elk.

Though will also add that we have quite a few rifles, chambered for a wide variety of cartridges. The .257 is one among many, and after looking at my hunting notes found that the last animal I took with my .257 (the Remington 722 that my paternal grandmother was given new by her husband in 1953) was a doe pronghorn in 2016. Eileen's last one taken with her Ultra Light Arms Model 20 was a whitetail doe in 2019.

She took her first several big game animals with the Remington 722, but eventually wanted a lighter-weight rifle, so ordered the ULA in 2002. The Barnes TSX appeared a couple year later, and then the Tipped TSX in 2007. We've stuck to that bullet since then, handloaded to around 3150 fps, which has taken all of the animals mentioned above.
24 3,140 more...
Hunter's Campfire Jump to new posts
" Civill War" , anyone seen it yet? RAM 04/21/24
Its not even playing in my neck of the woods.
22 1,792 more...
IC B2
Re: John Burns and Rick Camuglia 24’ JohnBurns 04/21/24
Originally Posted by rcamuglia
After the election, I will appoint you to guide Mayor Pete through Virginia to assess new areas for him to plow

He’ll be following you everywhere

😝

Well you just got us the EarlyDrunk vote.

Well played.
80 7,583 more...
Re: Compulsory Home Sales Dillonbuck 04/21/24
Originally Posted by Burleyboy
I still can't believe the crap they pulled during covid forcing landlords to not evict non rent payers. Most renters were getting government cash and then deciding not to pay rent because the landlords hands were tied.

I'm about to start eviction procedures on a young couple in my rental home. They've never once paid on time and their utilities always revert back to us to pay because they haven't paid them. Now that it's warming up I didn't pay their powerfully so it should get shut off next week. I'm not worried about pipes freezing this time of year so they can shut it off.

Bb

Topic popped up at work during covid, guys thought it was a good idea for
working class folks. I agree. For 2 seconds.

"OK, it's good renters won't have to pay if they can't work. What's gonna happen to landlords when the mortgage comes due. The taxes. The utilities? The insurance, something needs repaired? You are going to see better off working people, ones starting to climb, lose everything."

Why is this stuff so damn hard to see for some folk?
34 3,048 more...
Re: Its meme time DMc 04/21/24
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
78,146 14,620,899 more...
Re: ShotKam Videos 12344mag 04/21/24
Originally Posted by rcamuglia
Originally Posted by alwaysoutdoors

Same same.

Nothing to add to the shotgunning videos?

*couchkcunt ruffling….

Lol, you're irrelevant.
69 3,352 more...
Turkey Hunting Jump to new posts
Re: Opening Day Oklahoma Tom MartinStrummer 04/21/24
I'm jealous! 😉
I didn't make it out opening day.
Turkey's are still a bit thin here. They haven't recovered from the pox. ....AND....my hunting area is full of pigs! 😖
In fact, this year is the first time I've even SEEN any birds since 2019!

Congrats on a nice bird.
BTW, do you keep a hunting journal? You're still a young man! If you start now, you'll have all kinds of stories for your kids and grandkids!

P.S. - I'm about halfway between Lawton and the river, near Randlett. You?
22 1,507 more...
Re: Battery Post "Grease" BALLISTIK 04/21/24
I always have a bottle of Noloax around being a sparky.
36 2,932 more...
Re: Bought my first can of Kroil !!! local_dirt 04/21/24
Originally Posted by Reloder28
Originally Posted by local_dirt
I've been using Kroil for about 15 years. Be advised, it will discolor certain metals. Found that out when I soaked one of my .22lr suppressors that had a monocore that got stuck to the cylinder. The cylinder ended up with a nice, light purple hue. 😀

Watt'sa matter with purple?

Nuttin. Works fine. Gemtech GM-22. Very lightweight. Works like a Champ. Compliments Dead Air Masks nicely.
82 5,849 more...
IC B3
Re: Battery Post "Grease" slumlord 04/21/24
Most parts stores have a little display of ketchup packet size pouches. Brake slide grease, di-electric grease, white lithium, graphite, other goodies.

.88 cents type deals
36 2,932 more...
Re: John Burns and Rick Camuglia 24’ rcamuglia 04/21/24
After the election, I will appoint you to guide Mayor Pete through Virginia to assess new areas for him to plow

He’ll be following you everywhere

😝
80 7,583 more...
Re: Help me plan a trip please. gregintenn 04/21/24
So how are the current road conditions around Yellowstone? The extended weather forecast doesn’t look bad.
87 6,747 more...
Knives and Blades Jump to new posts
Re: Folks getting "all horned up" in the Knives and Blades forum...... catnthehat 04/21/24
Originally Posted by j_elky
Really like the matte finish on that one!!
Yeah, so do I ,it really grips well.
AEB-1 steel so it holds a decent edge but sharpens up with no issues at all!
Cat
15 1,410 more...
Re: LMFAO...Trumps Farting in The Court Room!! OldmanoftheSea 04/21/24
Bet he has a blue tooth speaker in his pocket....

sometime you gotta scratch the itch...

https://twitter.com/AMAZlNGNATURE/status/1781791350188327393
71 5,350 more...
Winchester Collectors Jump to new posts
Re: Winchester 70's on GunBroker 99guy 04/21/24
Couple of those are very tempting.
17 1,711 more...
Re: Stanley Cup Playoffs granitestate1 04/21/24
The leafs just got a spanking, they did not play like a team that wants to win the cup.
I don't know why but I would like the canes to win this round, due to I have always been a Brent Burns fan.
20 1,098 more...
Savage Collectors Jump to new posts
Re: 99PE scope Fireball2 04/21/24
Originally Posted by Alan_C
Nice scope. Steel tube?

I assume so.

Old school combo but with the wicked little 284 cartridge.
15 912 more...
Long Range Hunting Jump to new posts
Re: May give it a shot! Just a Hunter 04/21/24
Originally Posted by JohnBurns
Originally Posted by Just a Hunter
I have been thinking of trying it too. My reason is because after multiple shoulder surgeries and knee surgeries and a bad back and double bypass I find it hard to get close like I used to. I recall crawling through sagebrush keeping an eye out for cactus and rattlesnakes to get within a 100 yards of antelope herds. One time crawling within the herd with them horseshoed around me. That was fun. The last time I did anything like that I crawled on my hands and knees and low crawled with my cheek in the dirt for a total of 500 yards to get within 25 yards of a herd of antelope. A wonderful time. Impossible for me now. I can still get within 300 yards usually and my daughter shot her antelope this past year at 90 yards after we spotted it from a mile away. In that case the antelope helped us with its curiosity bringing it closer. That was fun but I was hurting the whole time and was worried I would blow the stalk for her. So, I have given it some thought to make it easier on myself and work on improving my shooting skill. Believe me if I could still do it effectively, I would be crawling as close as possible and having the time of my life.

Again there are lots of good reasons to develope the skill of placing a bullet on target at longer distance. It just does not start right off with hunting shots and some choose to never shoot game at longer range.

Just the pursuit of the skill and knowledge is a worth while endeavor. It takes time, resources, and effort to do it right.

Taking game at distance, after putting in the effort to learn the craft, is even better, just like sneaking closer than most is fulfilling.

Yes, it would be nice to learn the skills to hit targets at long range. Have a friend in Kentucky who got into PRS after his military career. I think if it weren't for hunting and fishing he would do nothing else.
35 3,792 more...
Marlin 336 Lever Actions Jump to new posts
Re: What is your favorite optic for your marlin? 1minute 04/21/24
Leupold Scout Scope 2.5X. Well out of the way, so no need for spurs etc. Weaver rings on XS rail seated in rear sight dovetail and forward screw.

Guide Gun in a 45-70. Room for a ghost ring on the back. Intention is a close order dark woods elk rifle. A buddy rigged his up similarly, but with quick detachable rings and a ghost ring in place.
17 1,315 more...
Re: LMFAO...Trumps Farting in The Court Room!! 12344mag 04/21/24
TDS'ers are mentally insane.
71 5,350 more...
Re: New explosions! Dillonbuck 04/21/24
Originally Posted by earlybrd
Originally Posted by Crash_Pad
Originally Posted by Dillonbuck
Originally Posted by CashisKing
The Muslim WILL retaliate.

Retaliations will be against soft targets...

Europe and America have millions of soft targets...

Hoothis attacking commercial ships is a great example.

Muslims are like the lowest form of Poor White Trash.
Gotta have a fight, gotta have a feud. Gonna tend and fertilize that grudge over
the smallest slight until it grows into a huge ugly force.
Wow! What brilliant analysis. How did you wrap your tiny brain around such explosive insight without getting hurt? Houthis control the Red Sea. Nobody yet can stop them. They don’t listen to Iran. They don’t give a flying [bleep]. Hezbollah is holding back. IDF cannot handle them. Hamas is far from beaten. And , worst of all, Iran cannot be duped into escalation Israelis absolutely crave. The entire world has been humbled by their masterful restraint. Balls and brains. Who knew?
Are you that fuqkin stoopid

Yes.
Yes he is.
Unless it's a Bot or a plant.

These brainiacs say Israel is weak.
That one Arab country could take them.

History escapes them.

The Muslims have been trying to wipe Israel out since before it was formed.
Both in concentrated wars and continuous attacks.
Even all banded together.
And they have failed.
It's more like any one Arab country exists only because Israel hasn't tried to
destroy them.
37 3,545 more...
Re: LMFAO...Trumps Farting in The Court Room!! wilkeshunter 04/21/24
Pretty fitting considering the BS circumstances.
71 5,350 more...
Re: your feel good moment for the day local_dirt 04/21/24
Oldie but goodie.
24 1,855 more...
Re: LMFAO...Trumps Farting in The Court Room!! funshooter 04/21/24
Originally Posted by callnum
Chitting himself just like slo Joe.

Pure class. LOL

HA Ha Ha HA Ha Ha HA Ha Ha HA Ha Ha HA Ha Ha HA Ha Ha HA Ha Ha HA Ha Ha HA Ha Ha HA Ha Ha HA Ha Ha HA Ha Ha HA Ha Ha HA Ha Ha HA Ha Ha HA Ha Ha HA Ha Ha HA Ha Ha HA Ha Ha HA Ha Ha HA Ha Ha HA Ha Ha HA Ha Ha HA Ha Ha HA Ha Ha HA Ha Ha HA Ha Ha HA Ha Ha HA Ha Ha HA Ha Ha HA Ha Ha HA Ha Ha
71 5,350 more...
Page 342 of 601 1 2 340 341 342 343 344 600 601
AX24

326 members (163bc, 22kHornet, 01Foreman400, 12344mag, 160user, 10Glocks, 28 invisible), 2,694 guests, and 943 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,281
Posts18,467,748
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.