Active Threads | Active Posts | Unanswered Today | Since Yesterday | This Week
16 Gauge Society Jump to new posts
Re: New 16gauge. PennDog 04/14/24
That’s a beauty Gary - fantastic wood!

PennDog
20 3,247 more...
Hunter's Campfire Jump to new posts
Re: how many boomer on here are excited for a war with Iran? Stophel 04/14/24
War! War! Kill the muzzies! The jews are God's chosen people! Bless those that bless israel, curse those that curse israel! blah, blah, blah.
149 9,857 more...
Re: Plus size women Triggernosis 04/14/24
Originally Posted by LBP
Hell yes! Thanks, LBP!
151 19,932 more...
IC B2
That 70s Show alwaysoutdoors 04/14/24
Just that, freainds. T9mmy Ch9ng is funnee.

It’s straining on Peacokk.
34 2,988 more...
Re: FDR and the Japanese Attack on Pearl Harbor 260Remguy 04/14/24
Originally Posted by TreeMutt
Originally Posted by 7mmbuster
Poking up the ‘Fire a little bit! I have long held the belief that FDR did all he could to drag the US into the war in 1941.
Public opinion held that our entry in WW 1 was a big mistake, and Roosevelt campaigned on the pretext of keeping us out of the war in Europe in 1940.
But he did have a Back Door Theory that would surely change public opinion and greatly enhance our mobilization of the military? This article that a received from a friend definitely thinks so!
I know we have discussed this from time to time before, and going through old bookmarks I ran across this, which I didn’t realize I had!
Did FDR bait the Japanese into attacking the US?
I always enjoy these things because they usually are pretty thought provoking, but lately we’ve beaten the Civil War and Little Bighorn to death.😀
Reon

How a task force of six fleet carriers and support ships could traverse the northern Pacific and launch an attack NW of Pearl without being detected?

This after months of negotiations with the Japanese and knowing well of possible hostile intent you would think US intel would know immediately the attack force left port....was this the worst itnellegiance blunder in US history or a conspiracy to reverse US public opinion on entering WWII?

Another thing, our aircraft carriers, the decisive weapon in the Pacific war, were conspicuously absent from Pearl at the time of the attack.

MAGA!

According to the Japanese, they only encountered one ship during their voyage to Hawaii, a Soviet freighter that didn't report the sighting.

There was a lot of infighting at Naval HQ in Washington. Admiral Richmond Kelly Turner, the head of war plans, took it upon himself to dictate to Naval Communications and Naval Intelligence what intelligence information would be passed on to Admiral Kimmel and LtCdr Layton in Hawaii. Even conspiracy theory writers like Toland acknowledge the so called "Mutiny on the Second Deck" over the control/dissemination of intelligence information between Admiral Turner and the heads of Naval Communication and Naval Intelligence. It appears that the CNO at that time, Admiral Harold Stark, was a weak leader who allowed Turner to run the senior staff at Naval HQ. When Admiral King replaced Admiral Stark, he reassigned Admiral Turner as the commander of amphibious operations, a job that he excellent at.

FDR directed Admiral Hart, commander of the Asiatic Fleet in the Philippines, to outfit 3 small ships and send them out to shadow the Japanese fleet that was sailing south to invade Malaysia. If the Japanese sank any of those "naval vessels", that would be an act of war. The Japanese attack on Pearl Harbor occurred before the 3 ships could be outfitted, so sending them out to be sacrificed wasn't necessary. FDR wanted to maneuver the Japanese into firing the first shot and he succeeded in that, but I doubt that he ever expected to incur anywhere near the degree of damage that the Japanese inflicted at Pearl Harbor.
60 3,965 more...
Varmint Rifles Jump to new posts
Re: Winchester 748 data for 6ppc? RickinTN 04/14/24
Thank you guys. I know it was someplace I had forgotten to look. I have the Lyman 50 and will look there also.
Thanks for the help,
Rick
5 525 more...
Free Classifieds Jump to new posts
Re: Winchester Garand - Barreled Receiver WStrayer 04/14/24
Went down that rabbit hole once. Did a full WInchester restoration.
1 240 more...
Re: New here from Montana Elkhuntinfool78 04/14/24
Just outside of Livingston
120 8,124 more...
Re: I'm Convinced We're Being Played.... night_owl 04/14/24
You can still buy houses for below the cost of building (including land) in some parts of the U.S.
Unless you have liquid assets, do you think that an ordinary person can obtain financing for a property in Ecuador.

Finally, assuming you had the money, how would a person pay for that house, wire money to some dude in Ecuador?
96 7,953 more...
Having trouble posting a pic , files are all too large
120 8,124 more...
IC B3
Re: New here from Montana SamOlson 04/14/24
Where in MT do you reside?
120 8,124 more...
Re: The Master’s Tournament gonehuntin 04/14/24
In a hushed library voice:

"Tiger Woods still has a path to victory if lightning, out of the blue sky, hits the other players on the course...." - announcer
115 6,926 more...
Re: FS Christensen Ridgeline 6.5 PRC solrac13 04/14/24
Thanks to those who looked 👀
17 1,589 more...
Winchester Garand - Barreled Receiver adanac 04/14/24
Winchester receiver with a Springfield barrel from 1943. Gray park. Comes with matching bolt and clip latch. This was originally sold as a Field Grade from the CMP. Hang tag included.

Asking $1100. I can also build it into a complete rifle so it can go directly to you if you have a C&R. I'd ask $1400 for that. I'm new to this forum so we can work out a way to prove I'm legit until I get feedback. I'm well established on the CMP forums and the Military Watch Resource.

Gallery: https://photos.app.goo.gl/zBK8iimHSJyEoeLs7

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
1 240 more...
Re: Anybody watching Shogun? 79S 04/14/24
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
No

Prob’ly because you have no interest in other cultures….

Because I don't sleep on the floor?

Exactly, and you insist on A/C and hot water.

Even though three of my grandparents were White I’m still sensitive to other cultures.

oh boy, you realize Jim is part of one the most marginalized groups in this country Mr. culturally sensitive?? He is half Alaska Native. AN/AI are the most marginalized groups in this country.
54 3,530 more...
Hunting Rifles Jump to new posts
Re: .338 Federal fans... AcesNeights 04/14/24
Originally Posted by Jason280
No kidding, I bought a ton of those bullets....I'm almost tempted to buy a .338 Federal barrel and convert over an AR10.

Same here! I think that would be a potent AR…
16 2,142 more...
Re: Plus size women alwaysoutdoors 04/14/24
151 19,932 more...
Re: New here from Montana Alan_C 04/14/24
Welcome aboard! There some very knowledgeable folks on here. I joined about 6 months ago with the intent of learning more about gunsmithing, guns, parts , and more. This forum is like a lake, sometimes calm, other times choppy with white caps!! When it comes to politics, they’re still nailing people to the cross! Have a great time!
120 8,124 more...
Re: F-ck your feelings lol stxhunter 04/14/24
Sold
56 4,692 more...
Savage Collectors Jump to new posts
Re: Savage collectors in Alaska Longbeardking 04/14/24
Here are pictures of the guns.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
24 2,147 more...
AR and Tactical Rifles Jump to new posts
Re: I need Help!(suppressor/gas issue...) SamOlson 04/14/24
Barry, I've read that it's better to be over gassed versus under gassed for positive action function but by opening up the gas block screw it seems like that would make the rifle run even dirtier or do I have it backwards?

I need a long stem 5/64th allen wrench to adjust the screw and of course I couldn't find one in town so had to order.
34 2,380 more...
Thanks for the welcome guys!
120 8,124 more...
Re: My Tac-14 Is Set Up Right, Now AcesNeights 04/14/24
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
I guess the only thing left is the +1 mag extender, increasing the four shot mag to a five shot mag.

I missed this post, cancel my question about mini-shells. 😀
14 1,005 more...
Re: Anybody watching Shogun? 79S 04/14/24
Originally Posted by 79S
[quote=Birdwatcher]That’s quite the assumption on your part. Also funny coming from a guy who trying to piece together this show on 2-4 minute clips on you tube.

Um… the real problem when I wrote that was lack of a “suggestion of comical irony if that were really so” emoji.

Piecing together a show on the basis of numerous clips would most apply to Peaky Blinders. But I’ve pretty much got it down. The best part was Oswald Mosley, pre-war fascist as “Satan himself”. All of interest/familiarity to me as I was raised working class English in the ‘60’s.

I think I’m up to about ten Shogun clips now. Not hard to plug things in since I remember the book (a really good read).

Actually I’m waiting to see if Blackthorne really does give Kiku (??) to a stunned Omi at the end.

32 inch tvs are 99 bucks hulu is like 14 bucks and you can use your phone as a hotspot. You cannot be that broke..
54 3,530 more...
Re: Q K22 04/14/24
So you have read the Torah and the Talmud.......I think not. Would you like to rent mine?
45,231 3,954,846 more...
Page 362 of 638 1 2 360 361 362 363 364 637 638
AX24

610 members (1936M71, 10gaugemag, 160user, 10Glocks, 007FJ, 10ring1, 48 invisible), 2,269 guests, and 1,227 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,552
Posts18,453,601
Members73,901
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.