Re: New here from Montana earlybrd 04/14/24
Originally Posted by wabigoon
Beans in chili? laugh
Wabi plzšŸ¤¦ā€ā™‚ļø
120 8,239 more...
Long Range Hunting Jump to new posts
Re: Milk jug challenge, by Backfire YT Channel jk16 04/14/24
Originally Posted by alpinecrick
First, I have to give those four guys a ton of credit for putting themselves out there, and Harmer for setting up some pretty realistic challenges in the field.

Those two videos pretty much affirm my experience and observation when it comes to shooting longer ranges in the field, the biggest are the abilities to accurately range and dope wind.

I'm sure there are now at least 5000 viewers of those videos who all beleive they could do a lot better.

The problem is at the end of the video- even after shooting so inconsistently - most of those shooters STILL were not honest with themselves as to their true effective range. That "guide's" lack of self-awareness was stunning.

Based on what I saw, they ALL need to invest in more time and ammunition training to get their skill levels up.

Until they do that- NONE of those guys has any business shooting at a live big game animal past 300 yards if they are trully interested in a clean, humane kill.
138 14,694 more...
Hunter's Campfire Jump to new posts
Re: The Masterā€™s Tournament chlinstructor 04/14/24
Originally Posted by AKCHOPPER
Google opened back up. 3.6 million to the winner.

Wow! Congratulations to Scheffler.

Any Masters Tournament that Tiger doesnā€™t win is a GREATTTTTTTT ONE. šŸ˜‚
115 6,982 more...
IC B2
Re: Avocados from Mexico Gringo Loco 04/14/24
Originally Posted by local_dirt
Originally Posted by local_dirt
I've got 3 properties with avocado trees, so have an endless supply.

Forgot to mention, have mango trees on 2 of the 3 properties, also.

Jealous here. Two most excellent fruit.
71 4,924 more...
Ask The Gunwriters Jump to new posts
Re: FN Mauser HeavyLoad 04/14/24
Iā€™m not selling, might buy it.
Itā€™s a buddy of mine that I havenā€™t seen in awhile. He messaged me wanting to sell it. I havenā€™t seen it in probably 20 years and never payed much attention to it then. If I remember correctly it was still in the box with factory grease on it back then. Iā€™ll try and get some pictures.
30 3,047 more...
Re: Higher pressure than normal factory ammo colorado 04/14/24
I'll make it to the range this week. I'm pretty sure the factory ammo is seated out too far and is jammed againt the lands. If that's the case, I'll seat them all 1/10" deeper.
32 4,222 more...
Re: WWWIII, has it already started? Jim_Conrad 04/14/24
Originally Posted by Stormin_Norman
No doubt the US is pretty close to the shooting part of a civil war. But looking back at WWI and WWII, those started with aggression and appeasement. It seems like we are at that stage. Whatā€™s different this time is the US is broke, and we would have a tough time building much of an army out of todayā€™s youth. Oh, and things are getting pretty hostile right here in the US. I doubt there is much resolve in the US to get involved in another foreign war.

I expect China to move soon on Taiwan, but I thought they would move in Bidenā€™s first term since they own him.

Where?

Where are they lined up itching to pull the trigger?
17 1,876 more...
AR and Tactical Rifles Jump to new posts
Re: I need Help!(suppressor/gas issue...) SamOlson 04/14/24
Okay, that makes sense.
34 2,455 more...
Re: New here from Montana wabigoon 04/14/24
Beans in chili? laugh
120 8,239 more...
Re: Earthquakes won't do it, and neither will Super Volcanos... Jim_Conrad 04/14/24
Super Volcano.

That's what they used to call Phyllis after a long night of lot lizarding.
3 490 more...
IC B3
Re: As Missiles Fall On Israel, Iran Says Retaliation Is "Concluded" & Warns US To "Stay Away" Westman 04/14/24
Originally Posted by smokepole
Originally Posted by Westman
From ZeroHedge...

https://www.zerohedge.com/geopoliti...arabia-intervene-iran-halt-attack-israel

My question is, why in sam hell doesn't Israel take care of this issue? There must be a lot more involved........follow the money?

Where'd your thread title come from?

The link is not active to the article any longer. The thread title was from the original story.

Sorry it changed....
157 12,859 more...
Re: FDR and the Japanese Attack on Pearl Harbor plumbum 04/14/24
Originally Posted by Jericho
Two of my great uncles were drafted during WWII and spent time in the Philippines. They said if your family had money you could avoid the draft.

That is and has always been true.
60 3,974 more...
Re: New here from Montana tikkanut 04/14/24
Originally Posted by Elkhuntinfool78
Hello All,

New guy here from Montana. Love hunting and spending time in wild places. This looks like a great forum.

DeFlave is gone

Some don't GAS

Others do......

I hang out in Utah wild places.......

Do you drive a 'Yota ?

I tell the 'Yota haters to suck a nut

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
120 8,239 more...
Re: FDR and the Japanese Attack on Pearl Harbor plumbum 04/14/24
Originally Posted by jaguartx
Our Govt was working to destroy this country when they passed the 1913 Federal Reserve Act and income tax just as they were when they passed the Corporate Act of 1871 and later switched us to fiat currency or transformed it from a Republic to a slave holding of the Deep State Cabal. We at least became the latter with the world's financial center in London City on d sovereign ground, the world's Bank in the Vatican sovereign territory and the world military power controlled from the 10 Sq miles of Washington DC sovereign ground.

Treaty of 1871 anyone?

Yes please. What "treaty of 1871"?

Many call that BS. For those who stupidly deny DC is Sovereign Territory then why did Trump say we needed to Federalize DC and take it over and clean it out.

Because their mayor is not doing a good job?
60 3,974 more...
Re: Turning F 16s into drones at Elgin Idaho_Shooter 04/14/24
Originally Posted by smokepole
Originally Posted by Idaho_Shooter
If you can not find a USAF pilot willing to drop bombs on American Citizens, just send a drone to do it.

LOL, didja just get home from hysterics training?

You are obviously correct. DC will have no trouble, nor has any entity ever had trouble finding minions to follow any order given.

Human nature is as it has been for 10,000 years. It will not change in the next 100 years.
86 4,536 more...
Re: Earthquakes won't do it, and neither will Super Volcanos... Joel/AK 04/14/24
We can only hope. Be even better if Newsome goes with it but I'm sure he would end up somewhere else with lower taxes
3 490 more...
Free Classifieds Jump to new posts
Re: Cylinder & Slide 1911 trigger kit MRKbass2 04/14/24
Do you have the hammer strut also for sale by chance?
2 301 more...
Re: The Masterā€™s Tournament AKCHOPPER 04/14/24
Google opened back up. 3.6 million to the winner.
115 6,982 more...
Re: FN Mauser Pappy348 04/14/24
Assuming a commercial action with all parts, maybe starting around $500. A lot depends on condition, floorplate, safety and trigger type, sights etc. If truly new, it should sell no problem, but pictures are important. If itā€™s truly ready to drop into a stock it may bring more; any work thatā€™s required will affect its appeal. Some early ones came untapped for scope use, for instance.
30 3,047 more...
Originally Posted by SamOlson
You also have some of the coolest views on the planet.

I live in Wolf Point(humble brag...lol) but between Missoula and Bozeman spent about 10 years living on the west side.

stalker here.............................................

https://ci.wolf-point.mt.us/
120 8,239 more...
Free Classifieds Jump to new posts
Re: Winchester M-12 Pump dirtyharry 04/14/24
Gun is SOLD TO Eggman.

Thanks, Dirty Harry
7 986 more...
Re: As Missiles Fall On Israel, Iran Says Retaliation Is "Concluded" & Warns US To "Stay Away" antelope_sniper 04/14/24
Originally Posted by RufusG
Originally Posted by Pat85
Originally Posted by 12344mag
It's probably time Israel just wipes Iran off the face of the earth.
The only way Israel can wipe anyone off the face of the earth is if they can get the U.S to do it for them. And they been trying.

And an election year may be a poor time to bet your country on that outcome.

Maybe someone will offer pudding brain 10%, one last big payday before he's booted from office?

I don't know that value of 10% of a smoking hole, but I'm sure he doesn't either.
157 12,859 more...
Rimfires Jump to new posts
Re: 17 Mach 2.... ? VarmintGuy 04/14/24
Timeltel: Thanks again - I will keep an eye out for when I get through a Montana town (no sales tax) that has a Scheel's store in them.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy
38 2,919 more...
Originally Posted by Elkhuntinfool78
Having trouble posting a pic , files are all too large

Just PM wabster from IA

He's the pic & UTube guru

Are you going to vote for Trump again ?

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
120 8,239 more...
Hunting Optics Jump to new posts
Re: Leupold email on unrepairable scope Timeltel 04/14/24
"Make that will not be repaired anymore. I have an A.O. scope that has problems not related to the A.O. and got the Starkist tuna line: "Sorry Charlie...." Al_Nyhus

How curious-
January, sent in a gloss VX11 ultra-light 3-9x 33/AO for cleaning. After 15 years of ownership, adjustments dragged (surprise!). Instructed do not replace. Got it back seven weeks later.
Cleaned, lubed, springs and windage turret replaced. Sent in for cleaning only, I suspect a little heat and exercising of the turrets and it would have been good.
Nice little scope, sat on a low mileage Miroku Winchester 52 repro since both were new.
27 4,647 more...
Page 385 of 629 1 2 383 384 385 386 387 628 629
AX24

370 members (10gaugemag, 260Remguy, 17CalFan, 264mag, 270winchester, 10gaugeman, 32 invisible), 2,501 guests, and 1,199 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,598
Posts18,454,430
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.