Re: Fox News DigitalDan 04/14/24
39 3,188 more...
Free Classifieds Jump to new posts
Re: Tikka T1X-T3-T3X Reduced Trigger Pull Springs cznut 04/14/24
TTT
716 62,030 more...
Hunter's Campfire Jump to new posts
Re: 358 Win alwaysoutdoors 04/14/24
I always thought I’d have JES rebore a SA 700 into 338 Fed. The more I read about the 358 , I’m leaning that way now.
85 6,730 more...
IC B2
WTS Rab Electron Pro Down Hoody alyuaz 04/14/24
SOLD

New with tags size XL Rab Electron Pro 800 f.p. goose down hoody in black.. Price is $210/shipped via USPS Priority Mail. Check, MO, Zelle, PP F&F payment.
0 167 more...
Re: 358 Win Seafire 04/14/24
Never saw a need for one, until I shot one that had been owned by Ken Howell down at the New Mexico/ Arizona Campfire gatherings. Wish I'd know about one of those say 40 years ago.

I like a 30/30, and its a big step up from a 30/30 without much recoil. I thought the one that had belonged to Ken Howell, recoiled like a 243.

If I was a younger guy, I'd have one in a model 70 Featherweight... even if I had to rebarrel the rifle to have a 358.

That sure is one useful little round.
85 6,730 more...
Express Rifles and Big Bores Only Jump to new posts
Re: The great 458 Winchester. Everyone should own one at least once Riflecrank 04/14/24
Sir Larry,
Enaa baasee' for helping us get to the 200 page mark on this thread.
I have that magazine article in a pile.
Your link is going to save me some scanning to get a 24hr photo gallery of that .450 Watts.
Stand by.
3,982 778,786 more...
Handguns Jump to new posts
Re: 357 Magnum just about dead The_Real_Hawkeye 04/14/24
Originally Posted by local_dirt
In case anyone's interested, all this talk of
.357's made me go out haunting the local pawn and gun shops.

At La Familia in Hollywood, FL, a local pawn shop that bought the gun shop where I used to do a lot of horse trading, they had a 19-4 in very good condition. 4", blued. Barely a turn line. Recessed cylinder and pinned barrel. $799 on the price tag. They are a pretty good size pawn shop chain out of Orlando. Several shops. I'm sure somebody could make a nice deal on that gun. And before anybody asks why I didn't buy it, I've probably got 14 or 15 .357's. I don't really need another one.
LOL. Then why did you go shopping for one?

PS I'd be tempted to jump on the 19-4. Pinned and recessed. I've got a like-new 19-5 four incher, but I wish it was a -4. I've got a -4 snubby and a -4 six inch, both also in like-new condition.
133 12,635 more...
Re: Earthquakes won't do it, and neither will Super Volcanos... AcesNeights 04/14/24
No you dumbfucks don’t need any natural events to truly destroy a once beautiful state, your liberal, communist policies are taking you well on your intended path of destruction! Keep voting for your own demise and the demise of future generations dipshit!

Inslee the betafag governor of Washington wants to be Newsome’s butt-buddy so bad he is taking Washington down the same path of ruin as you dumbfucks….
3 490 more...
Re: 6mm Creedmoor dies, Redding, Wilson Buzzaw 04/14/24
Sunday
11 901 more...
Re: Shìthouse Rat Show smokepole 04/14/24
Originally Posted by Triggernosis
And your point is..what?

"I'm crazier than a shìthouse rat!!"
12,207 981,248 more...
IC B3
Re: For Sale Bergara Wilderness Ridge SP 6.5 Creed blackmouth 04/14/24
bump
9 993 more...
Re: Steve Bannon aint stupid, but he knows GOP voters are. ribka 04/14/24
Originally Posted by jetjockey
Originally Posted by rickt300
Originally Posted by rickt300
https://newrepublic.com/post/180499/watch-fox-news-panic-jobs-report

Do you watch any media at all? Trump said on Truth social the market is doing so well because he’s leading in the polls and investors are counting on him becoming President. Of course investors know the markets typically do much better under Democrats, so what he said is the most ridiculous thing in the wold, but I’m sure you’ll believe him.

Idiot, the stock market is not the economy. There are many factors why our stock market is doing well , one of them investors that were putting their money into the Chinese Shanghai stock market have invested in our stock market because theirs is crashing. Which brings us back to the part where the stock market is not the same as the US economy. And yes anticipating Trump's return may just be a factor in why our Market is still holding its own. Don't forget inflation has an effect on the markets numbers also. To add just because Trump says something doesn't mean there isn't a gray area in there somewhere.

You’re absolutely right, but it’s a strong indicator, just as GDP, jobs, consumer confidence, earnings, etc.

I would say it is more a strong indicator for whatever companies stocks are doing well and not doing well. Those companies may or may not be American. The jobs report is very flawed and will be as usual revised downward. Consumer confidence is not at a high of any kind, earnings are not matching inflation which is up a variously quoted 19% since Joey was installed.

My god! 🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️. Inflation is a global issue due to Covid. You guys are such idiots. You claim the chity economy at the end of Trumps term was due to Covid, and not his policy’s. Yet when inflation is up due to Covid, it’s Biden’s fault? Which is it, you can’t have it both ways?

Who cares if the jobs report is adjusted slightly downward. It could be cut by 50,000 jobs and it will still exceed all forecasts by 50,000 jobs.

I paid 4.65 for Biden gas today Trump gas was 1.62.

Housing has doubled. Food has doubled insurance is up 40 per cent. Electric has doubled under Biden

Job number are revised down about 30 per cent after they are released

[bleep] low iq pedo jetboi and [bleep] Joe Biden
220 11,842 more...
Food, Cooking, and Game Preparation Jump to new posts
Re: Coke Flout FatCity67 04/14/24
Coca flour more better.
7 692 more...
Ask The Gunwriters Jump to new posts
Re: Does a 25-06 need a 25” to 26” barrel? Chuck_R 04/14/24
Originally Posted by Mule Deer
I happened to run a sort of test on this a decade ago, using the two .25-06s I had at the time, a Ruger No. 1 AB, one of a limited run with a 24" barrel, and a custom 98 Mauser with a 26" P.O. Ackley barrel. Both barrels had 1-10 twists, and were in very good condition.

I tried 10 different handloads in each rifle, using bullets from 75 to 120 grains, with everything identical in each load--brass, primer, powder and seating depth. (The rifles had very similar throat lengths.) The tests were shot on the same day, using the same chronograph.

Every load chronographed faster in the 26" barrel, but the least difference came with the pair of 75-grain loads, at 6 and 15 fps. The most difference came the single 115-grain load, at 168 fps.
Overall the loads with 110-117 grain bullets showed the most difference in velocity, ranging from 78 to 168 fps. The single 120-grain load only gained 42 fps in the 26" barrel.

The powders included Accurate 4350, H4350, Hunter, Magnum, Magpro, Reloder 17, Reloder 25 and Retumbo. The complete results, and other details, appeared in Chapter 23 of the first Big Book of Gun Gack, which is available from www.riflesandrecipes.com.

I'll also comment that I've played around considerably with various computer ballistic programs, and in general their number don't match real-world tests nearly as often as some rifle loonies believe. There are various reasons for this, including variations in individual barrels and manufacturing lots of powders.

Also, while I've hunted with the .25-06 quite a bit, including some deer culls, I eventually concluded that at "modern" pressures the .257 Roberts comes pretty close to .25-06 in 24" barrels--and if somebody wants to really gain noticeably different field performance the .257 Weatherby is the way to go, even in 24" barrels.

Curious about the bolded, do you mean ballistic programs like "Quick Load" or something along the lines of Strelok?
30 3,483 more...
Re: 10,000 Maniacs slumlord 04/14/24
AAARRRGGHHHH!!!!

VarmintGuy has never heard of em’

Congrads to your people for landing the gig!!

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
37 3,050 more...
Re: Steve Bannon aint stupid, but he knows GOP voters are. AcesNeights 04/14/24
Cockjockey is way in over her dwarf head….she’s flailing wildly trying to defend the indefensible. Only in the liberal bullshit world of making up fantasy would ANYONE in their sober, right mind think that the economy is better today than 5 years ago.

Trying to engage a liberalcunt like cockjockey with intelligent debate and facts is tilting at windmills….she’s not worth the frustration since she only wants to believe the bullshit she hears on PMSNBC instead of the reality of the cruel world.

Fu.ck her. Let her languish in her cheap mini-sink adorned basement with the tacky facade she calls her “dike cave”. 😂
220 11,842 more...
Handguns Jump to new posts
Re: 357 Magnum just about dead local_dirt 04/14/24
In case anyone's interested, all this talk of
.357's made me go out haunting the local pawn and gun shops.

At La Familia in Hollywood, FL, a local pawn shop that bought the gun shop where I used to do a lot of horse trading, they had a 19-4 in very good condition. 4", blued. Barely a turn line. Recessed cylinder and pinned barrel. $799 on the price tag. They are a pretty good size pawn shop chain out of Orlando. Several shops. I'm sure somebody could make a nice deal on that gun. And before anybody asks why I didn't buy it, I've probably got 14 or 15 .357's. I don't really need another one.
133 12,635 more...
Re: New Mexico Doc...did he really cure people? rainshot 04/14/24
Research Doctor Stanislaw Burzynski. He's near Houston Texas and has cured many patients no thanks to big pharma and the FDA.

28 2,242 more...
Ask The Gunwriters Jump to new posts
Re: TIKKA TRIGGER tripod3 04/14/24
Originally Posted by Jordan Smith
There are several vendors that sell lighter springs for a few bucks. Mountain Tactical, Anarchy, Yodave, Lumley, etc. I’ve used each of those and they all work well.

Isn't there a difference in metals these springs are made from. Not sure of the dif after install as I have not noticed any yet, so would the only reason to use other materials be cost.
5 898 more...
Freshwater Jump to new posts
2 piece fishing rod thumbcocker 04/14/24
I'm in the market for a two piece casting rod that will be used primarily for musky fishing. It's pretty tough to haul around a long fishing rod
1 166 more...
Re: Rem 40X 222 Target Rifle Unfired Oso250 04/14/24
For the weekenders
10 1,599 more...
Varmint Rifles Jump to new posts
Re: Winchester 748 data for 6ppc? Seafire 04/14/24
Probably NO help, but in the 6.5 Grendel of mine, I use 29 grains of W 748 for bullet weights from 100 to 142 grains.

In the Grendel case I can't get enough W 748 into the case to cause over pressure issues.

Located this on a quick internet search:

https://forum.accurateshooter.com/threads/6-ppc-w-748.4121288/

Three posts on the subject. They mention the charge as 27.5 to 29 grains of W 748 also.

I worked up the 29 grains on my Grendel ( Ruger American Predator ) on my own.

Small rifle primers used... case in the Grendel isn't that particular at all.
5 541 more...
Re: Meopta Meostar B1 12x50 HD SLM 04/14/24
Heck of a deal.
7 680 more...
Re: Small Plane crash nearby, a Gulfstream Aerospace 695 Jetprop Commander 1000. bcp 04/14/24
6 795 more...
WTB XLR stock and grip Bradgrace 04/14/24
Looking to buy an XLR stock and grip. Open to options.
2 158 more...
Page 398 of 629 1 2 396 397 398 399 400 628 629
AX24

537 members (10gaugeman, 204guy, 007FJ, 2500HD, 06hunter59, 1eyedmule, 48 invisible), 2,886 guests, and 1,237 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,594
Posts18,454,365
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.