24hourcampfire.com
Active Threads | Active Posts | Unanswered Today | Since Yesterday | This Week
Free Classifieds Jump to new posts
Re: "New" Fake Leupold's remingtonclassic 03/25/24
I have picture comparisons if someone can post them for me,
163 12,951 more...
Re: "New" Fake Leupold's ken158 03/25/24
If anyone is interested, check out 18 USC 2230 - which makes it a federal felony to sell counterfeit goods with a penalty of 10 years and $2M fine - first offense. Trademark violations are considered pretty serious. There is even a tip line at Homeland Security…
163 12,951 more...
Hunter's Campfire Jump to new posts
Re: Sen Marco Rubio Says ISIS-K Behind Moscow Terrorist Attack - Warns will Attack USA. Maybe PaulBarnard 03/25/24
Originally Posted by SupFoo
The United States Intelligence Community (USIC) has claimed that ISIS-K is behind the terrorist attack in Moscow. Florida Senator Marco Rubio affirmed his agreement with that assessment during an appearance on ABC’s This Week with Jonathan Karl.

Other than the larger issue of Islamic jihadists carrying hatred for the renewed Christian values, as expressed by Russian President Vladimir Putin – which, conveniently can be considered a cover for those who may have organized an attack under the auspices of Islamic jihad – there are no datapoints in the known fact-pattern that align with ISIS-K as the originator. Additionally, the four suspects were captured by mostly Muslim Chechan security forces in the Bryansk Region of Russia.

That said, the largest datapoint, pointing away from the ISIS-K origin, is the USIC so quickly identifying ISIS-K as the perpetrators.

Remember, this is the same USIC who claimed in the December 2016 Joint Analysis Report on the election that Russia had interfered. The same USIC who claimed in their January 2017 Intelligence Community Assessment, with a “high degree of confidence,” that Russia influenced the 2016 election (by spending $1,300 on FaceBook ads). And the same USIC that claimed the Hunter Biden laptop was Russian disinformation (it wasn’t). So, take SSCI Marco Rubio’s confidence in the USIC with that backdrop.

Hat Tip: Sundance

I don't trust this little prick one bit. My suspicion is he is teeing us up for a False Flag event. Buyer beware.

Typical SupFoo:

"This is so important that I have to share it, but don't believe it."

Dipschidt.
17 1,128 more...
IC B2
Custom Rifles & Wildcats Jump to new posts
Re: 6mm Remington Ackley Improved greydog 03/25/24
About twenty years ago, I chambered two 6mm AI's, both single shots. At the same time, I built myself a 6mm Remington, based on a pre-64 action. All were eight inch twist barrels. They were thinking they would be able to push 198's to over 3200 fps. They did manage to achieve 3200, but that was it. My 6mm topped out at 3150 fps. I should mention, barrel life sucked! Interestingly enough, at the same time, I built a 6BR for myself, on another Winchester action. With the little 6BR, I was able to achieve 2990 fps (26 inch barrel) with the same bullet. It shot better too.
If I was to build another 6mm today, I would likely go with a 6mm Creedmoor. I could match the 6BR at lower pressure, and should get better barrel life than the Remington. GD
20 2,965 more...
Re: Sen Marco Rubio Says ISIS-K Behind Moscow Terrorist Attack - Warns will Attack USA. Maybe PaulBarnard 03/25/24
Wow, who could have ever guessed that speculation would run wild over who was behind the attacks?
17 1,128 more...
Rimfires Jump to new posts
Re: Rimfire scopes JB in SC 03/25/24
Originally Posted by K22
Originally Posted by PennDog
K22 the Burris 6X mini is a gem - especially for squirrel hunting and is my second favorite - right behind the leupold 6X compact AO with a Leupold dot. This is for hunting and general usage - I like the light weight the most and plenty of power. The Weaver V-16 and Leupold 6.5-20X EFR are my favorites for target and silhouette. There are many others mentioned that work great also!

Just my two cents😊

PennDog

I heard those Leupold 6X compact AO's were outstanding. Never had the pleasure of using one, only the FX II 6X.

The Compact 6X AO was a near perfect match for early Kimber 82’s. I had one on my lefty Clackamas Custom Classic. The other compacts were a little too small. A really nice match for a squirrel rifle.
73 10,780 more...
Alaska Jump to new posts
Re: The "Joseph Hazelwood" Full Employment Act 1989 rost495 03/25/24
Originally Posted by Mohall57
I was there, working for Alyeska pipeline at the marine terminal that day. Flew over the grounded tanker that morning. I can tell all kinds of stories about the event , and the months following during cleanup snd its affect on the communities and environment. The short of it , and not trying to make excuses cause there isn’t any, but Joe Hazelwood was drunk when he came back aboard Exxon Valdez . The pilot took the ship out beyond the narrows and then disembarked, shortly afterward Hazelwood turned the helm over to the third mate, a guy by the name of cousins with instructions to make course change at such a such time and bearing. Hazelwood had previously made a course correction from normal do to ice(calving from Columbia glacier) Cousins failed to make the course correction in time and only did so when a mate on the bow alerted him via radio they were getting dangerous close to Bligh reef, well it was too late and they ran aground Total human error, the night was beautiful , clear as a bell and no wind to speak off, prince Williams sound was smooth as glass, Alyeka’s oil spill response was slow due to a number of factors, some of which were bickering among agencies as to who was incident commander, shortage of oil recovery vessels on hand. Oil spill equipment buried under record snowfall, and shortage of personnel. For two days the sea was calm, there was some debate about lighting the oil on fire to burn it offf? and about the time they begin to get equipment on sight and the oil left on board of the Valdez lightered off to the the Exxon SanFransisco the wind came up and begin to spread oil through the entire sound, off shore from the communities of Valdez and Cordova.. Turning the catastrophe into a two year long cleanup. Which is a huge story in itself that I have not enough time to relate, let’s just say 4 billion dollars of Exxon’s money has not to this day completely mitigated the effects.
Interesting. We have been there numerous times since 95 and have not really seen anything left over. Fish are fine. Wildlife fine. Nature recovers. It has to. Its stronger than we think.

Originally Posted by Sitka deer
Originally Posted by Mohall57
Originally Posted by VernAK
And.....only a one of three compartments were ruptured.
Originally Posted by VernAK
And.....only a one of three compartments were ruptured.
Not true 8 of 11 tanks were ruptured , total estimated loss was 10. 8 million gallons of a total cargo of 53.1 million gallons or 1.2 million barrels . The crews working on littering off that much oil , in those conditions, wearing full scba gear, in an atmosphere that one little spark would have sent up a huge fireball was heroic
You obviously have never ignited crude oil...
No kidding. Or even refined into diesel...
18 1,765 more...
Re: Sen Marco Rubio Says ISIS-K Behind Moscow Terrorist Attack - Warns will Attack USA. Maybe rainshot 03/25/24
Trust "Little Marco" to know he's been an authority on everything since he got elected.
17 1,128 more...
Re: Served Their Country? PaulBarnard 03/25/24
Originally Posted by Cluggins
I lived in San Diego a long time ago. I kept a lot of squid wives happy. I guess that counts.

If it weren't for Coasties, there wouldn't be any pretty Navy babies.

What's the first thing a Navy wife does in the morning? Gets an Uber ride home.

What's the difference between a Navy Wife and a Ferrari? Not everyone has been in a Ferrari.
55 4,498 more...
Re: Tractor Wars cisco1 03/25/24
Very interesting.
6 921 more...
IC B3
Re: If you thought California High Speed rail was bad... flintlocke 03/25/24
The lunacy railroad will have more riders than the California railroad...if either one is ever built. The California train is an express train, taxpayers money straight into the pockets of the Pelosi crime family.
4 775 more...
Re: "New" Fake Leupold's gunnut308 03/25/24
I hate cheaters but I love a good stout rope..

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
163 12,951 more...
Nuts All Up In Your Mouth PaulBarnard 03/25/24
What are your faves?

My top in order are:

Pecans
Pistachios
Cashews
Macadamias

Well on down the list are:

Brazil
Peanuts
Almonds (why in the fugk do almonds squeak when you eat them?)
Walnuts
Black Walnuts
Hazlenuts
Chestnuts (Has anyone ever eaten open fire roasted chestnuts?)
Pine Nuts
30 2,572 more...
Re: Elephant attacks a safari truck earlybrd 03/25/24
Oh wow
22 2,107 more...
Re: Elephant attacks a safari truck KenMi 03/25/24
Driver was just provoking it. Plenty of area to turn and drive another way and come back later
22 2,107 more...
Canada Jump to new posts
Re: Random thoughts on Carbon Taxes dave7mm 03/25/24

Kinda long but covers it pretty well.
42 3,865 more...
Re: Tannerite RMiller2 03/25/24
Originally Posted by Esteban325
Looks an awful lot like infogathering
oops
40 3,656 more...
Re: Senator Lisa Murkowski (R-Alaska), Again Threatens to Leave the Republican Party szihn 03/25/24
She, like about 75% of all "Republican" leadership IS A DEM/COMM!

The Trojan Horse policy is very very prevalent. Today about 75% of all so-called republicans are communist and 100% of democrats are.
39 2,952 more...
Handguns Jump to new posts
Re: 44 Magnum pic and discussion thread. Mackay_Sagebrush 03/25/24
I can't help as far as the slight frame differences between the Gen 3-4 and the Gen 5 when it comes to the Glocks but I do know that they are extremely accurate. I have been shooting a Gen 5 G21 for a bit now and it is a tack driver. Carrying it in a Summer Special cut for an optic. Super comfortable.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

I would order the holster you want from Sparks and then just keep using they plastic holster you have until the nice one gets here. Seems reasonable. Gives you something to look forward to.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
1,110 1,024,342 more...
Re: Tannerite RMiller2 03/25/24
Tannerite makes me think of garden gnomes.
40 3,656 more...
Shotguns Jump to new posts
Re: 28 Gauge loads battue 03/25/24
The 28 becomes a 10 with TSS....a 12 at minimum....
18 1,381 more...
Ask The Gunwriters Jump to new posts
Re: JB/MD - From C&C to Monolithic John55 03/25/24
I use various bullets that would include Barnes and Hammer monos, never had any problems going from C&C bullets to the monos and back again. I clean the bore periodically but never do it because I'm switching bullets.
21 2,801 more...
Re: Star Trek or Star Wars? Sako 03/25/24
I like them both but if I had to only chose one I would chose Star Trek... to me the movies are so much better (the most recent ones)... and so much more realistic.
52 2,786 more...
Custom Rifles & Wildcats Jump to new posts
Re: 5.7x28mm Bolt Action rifle DrDeath 03/25/24
10 929 more...
Re: Senator Lisa Murkowski (R-Alaska), Again Threatens to Leave the Republican Party rost495 03/25/24
Originally Posted by AKislander
She's never won with a majority of the votes and was behind getting rank-choice voting. In 2010, she was soundly beaten in the R primary but then ran a massive campaign as an independent.

She needs to go.
ranked choice gave us her and that peltolla. Both need gone really bad asap.
39 2,952 more...
Page 412 of 773 1 2 410 411 412 413 414 772 773
YB23

Who's Online Now
746 members (10gaugemag, 160user, 10gaugeman, 02bfishn, 12308300, 11point, 88 invisible), 2,793 guests, and 1,253 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,702
Posts18,400,027
Members73,820
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.