24hourcampfire.com
24hourcampfire.com
-->
Active Threads | Active Posts | Unanswered Today | Since Yesterday | This Week
Deer Hunting Jump to new posts
Re: Wyo. Deer Coyote10 04/13/24
See what October brings. May bring my boy up there and use him as a pack lama.
15 1,812 more...
Hunter's Campfire Jump to new posts
Re: Avocados from Mexico Beretta_Shooter916 04/13/24
Just plain, they suck.

Mash em up and add salt, lime, spices, and they are ok
71 4,845 more...
Re: 358 Win Irving_D 04/13/24
I always wanted a savage 99 in 358 if I find the right deal I may buy one. I'm afraid missing several fingers the recoil may either send the gun flying or smack me in the face.
85 6,511 more...
IC B2
Re: Romancing the electrical tape LBP 04/13/24
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
She's one you won't find in the Plus Size Girls thread.
Definitely too skinny!! 😂
14 1,644 more...
Free Classifieds Jump to new posts
Re: SWFA scopes for sale OSU_Sig 04/13/24
Saturday bump
7 1,052 more...
Re: Remission - update CCCC 04/13/24
Originally Posted by EdM
Originally Posted by BOBBALEE
What news? He said that cowboy hasn't been here. Nothing about his condition.
Kinda what I was wondering???
Yes - seemed a bit confusing - but took a look and there are at least 50 registered guys with "cowboy" in their screen names. Probably a different guy also fighting cancer. If so, fight on!
73 5,142 more...
Re: Gun Show Find BC30cal 04/13/24
shrapnel;
Good morning my cyber friend, I hope the day down in your part of Montana is treating you and yours well.

Thanks for sharing the photos of that work of art with us.

My goodness that checkering...

As a sometime hobbyist who dabbles in checkering, I can only imagine the complexity of pulling that pattern off.

In my younger day, with more ambition and younger eyes I did some smaller panels and found them extremely tough to do.

Whomever did that is a master, nothing less or at least that's my take on it.

Thanks again and all the best.

Dwayne
91 8,159 more...
Re: Steve Bannon aint stupid, but he knows GOP voters are. jetjockey 04/13/24
Originally Posted by Barkoff
Give us a rational explanation why it doesn’t make more sense to produce enough to meet the world’s need, sell excess to our allies, and pay down our debt, INSTEAD of sending billions of American dollars overseas, for oil, and interest on our national debt?

You see, “America First” really is a thing.

Go ahead, I want to hear your thoughts on that.

Supply and demand. Remember, the US Government doesn’t produce a single drop of oil. Oil company’s do.
220 11,446 more...
Re: Blaser R93 kit for sale OSU_Sig 04/13/24
All the rest of the R93 kit will be listed on www.blaserbuds.com today.
12 933 more...
AR and Tactical Rifles Jump to new posts
Re: Shot the New BCA 223 Wylde Complete Rifle Today steve4102 04/13/24
Originally Posted by Tyrone
One thing I see a lot on cheap guns is that the gas key leaks because they don't have any sealant. It usually doesn't at first, but you get short stroking on down the line.
Thanks, I’ll keep a lookout for that.
21 1,797 more...
IC B3
Re: Remington 700 Classic 223 (2000) hrnhuntr 04/13/24
Sold
12 1,638 more...
Hunting Optics Jump to new posts
Re: Leupold email on unrepairable scope EdM 04/13/24
Originally Posted by Coton
I will agree Leupolds customer service is fantastic. I recently sent a an old gloss AO scope in. Anything to do with the AO can not be repaired anymore. Zero parts available for that. I have lost track of the number of Leupold scope I have sent in for friends, family, and myself that don't hold zero. The problem is if you want a lite weight scope that does not have a Soda can size Ocular bell there are not a lot of choices. Leupold's are some of the lightest scopes out there. Many scope manufactures do not have a true Lifetime warranty. Leupold and Burris certainly do. SWFA does but they sell mostly fixed power scopes. Maven does offer a true lifetime warranty, but will they stay in business they're kinda new to industry. I contacted Millett recently you can't even pay for service on a scope if you are not the original owner. Zeiss and Swarovski do not offer a lifetime warranty maybe you don't need it when you spend that kinda money on a scope. Going forward I am seriously considering Burris for new scopes. I have looked at other manufactures with lifetime warranty and then read the specs. All the options are so heavy including Burris.

Have you looked at Trijicon?
26 4,206 more...
Re: 358 Win Beretta_Shooter916 04/13/24
I always wanted to have a stainless synthetic Win 70 built in 358 with a Leupy 2.5-8x36.

Would make a nice woods gun.

Always seems like other stuff gets priority though
85 6,511 more...
Re: RL-26 Price??? ShortMag11 04/13/24
Wow….just wow lol
23 1,670 more...
Re: The quackery of "indigenous knowledge" (i.e., "indian scientific wisdom") Wannabebwana 04/13/24
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
They were supposedly here for 10k years, depending on who's reporting, before whites. Yet, with all that knowledge, they didn't have steel knives or spear points, glass beads, guns, whiskey, horses, or any metal anything. They didn't have the wheel, medicine beyond a witch doctor, not even matches to light a fire.
So where is that 'Indigenous knowledge' that they're famous for?

They didn’t even have a written language.
42 3,571 more...
Re: American Thinker: ARTICLE akrange 04/13/24
There’s Millions of Cement Lifejackets that very content with Embracing their Own Demise at the Ballot Box ..

Was Baghdad Bob a Visionary..
20 1,303 more...
Re: 358 Win MartinStrummer 04/13/24
What makes ANY caliber become popular?

As an "in-between" caliber goes, what about the .41 Rem Mag?
More power than the .357 Mag, yet less recoil and easier to handle than the .44 Rem Mag.
I have a S&W M57 w/8 3/8" bbl. It's built on the N frame.
The only difference between it and a M29 is that a little less metal was removed during production. The M57 is just a touch heavier. With a bit milder cartridge, recoil is more manageable.
I find the .41 Rem Mag to be a perfect 👌 compromise.
Initially, LEO's loved it, but as the wheel gun gave way to the semi auto in law enforcement, the .41 Rem Mag has pretty much died.

There are hundreds, if not thousands, of perfectly good cartridges that are languishing just because of "popularity"!
Who knew?
85 6,511 more...
Re: GOOD GUY LIST JTrapper73 04/13/24
Just completed a deal with Phill99. Good packaging and good communication. Good guy to do business with.
Purchased an item off of hmpwinm70. Went smoothly. Guy is good to deal with.
Also had another transaction with Andymick32. Smooth, easy deal as usual.
16,886 57,263,417 more...
Custom Rifles & Wildcats Jump to new posts
Re: 6.8 Western? CRS 04/13/24
Originally Posted by cumminscowboy
the other resistance to 270 ever going anywhere is, look at the barrel twist in those millions of old rifles. Its really only the newer guns and that is IF they speed up the twist that new bullets could even be taken advantage of. a 270 that shoots 200 fps faster than a 270 win, doesn't sound like its really going to be a beneficial amounts when its not like your going to be using a 270 as a 6-800 yard gun.

I have shot the Hornady 145gr ELD-X quite a bit out to 800 yards in a 1:10 twist 270 WCF barrel. So I do not understand your 600-800 yard statement. Combo is perfectly capable at 600-800 yards. Took an antelope and mule deer with that combo. It worked great, but caused a lot of meat loss.

The more I read on the 6.8 Western, the more I like it.
88 10,480 more...
Re: Avocados from Mexico milespatton 04/13/24
I have never understood the love for an avocado. Lots of better things out there to eat. miles
71 4,845 more...
Re: how many boomer on here are excited for a war with Iran? blindshooter 04/13/24
Originally Posted by viking
Originally Posted by kaywoodie
Iran is not worth the bones of one US Infantryman!

Nor is Ukraine.

Nor is Russia.

And,,,,,,,,,

The entire Levant is not worth the bones of one US Infantryman!!!!

We need to tend to our own garden first.

Exactly

+1
149 9,677 more...
Re: Do You Believe the Earth is 6000 Years Old? Durango_Dave 04/13/24
Originally Posted by JoeBob
There is plenty of evidence of massive floods all around the world. That is becoming less and less debatable. If you are secular minded you can say these floods provided the impetus behind the more or less universal great flood “myth” found in hundreds of cultures and traditions around the world. If you are of a Christian bent, all of this is further proof of Biblical truth.

Argue those points as you wish, but there is tons of evidence for a massive flood or floods in our past.

Of course there are legends of great floods all over the world. These cannot be Noah's flood. That doesn't even make sense.

Take for example the Native Americans. They have a legend of a great flood here in North America. But the legend doesn't say "The flood killed us all. Yes, we were all dead but then we were re-inhabited from the decedents of Noah."

That doesn't even make sense. If Noah's flood really killed off everyone except for Noah's family then the legend would be from the perspective of Middle East. It would be a legend of coming across the ocean. Native Americans do not have a legend of coming across to the Americas.
476 30,895 more...
Hunting Optics Jump to new posts
Re: Leupold 2.5x20 Ultralight Discontinued BC30cal 04/13/24
prairie goat;
Top of the morning to you sir, I hope the day's breaking bright and fair down your way and you're well.

Interestingly, well or not depending, I just stuck a 1978 made 2.5X in my pocket for "trading stock" as I head out to the local gun show.

When our girls first started hunting it was on our eldest's Swede carbine and it was noticeably faster than whatever other scope I'd put on there before that for her.

Then it went onto a 336 Marlin that I'd worked over in the shop. It was one of those rifles one had to shoot to appreciate somehow.

[Linked Image]

Hitting clay pigeons laying on the bank at 100yds was seemingly easy with it. Shooting offhand too.

Buddy came over when I was tuning on it, began to lay down brown bills which are $100 Cdn by the way, until I relented even though it wasn't for sale.

I did keep the scope, but somehow in the years since I've not found a project for it.

All the best to you all this weekend.

Dwayne
26 3,348 more...
Turkey Hunting Jump to new posts
Re: Which optics survive turkey loads? RIO7 04/13/24
All the guy's I know use a 410 no problem killing Turkeys. Rio7
17 1,391 more...
Re: Scagel Style Knife michiganroadkill 04/13/24
Surprised this has not sold. I live across the river from Scagel's home stomping grounds.
Got some really good Scagel makers in the neighborhood.
Guess the Scagel fascination is wearing off.
Good luck with a really nice knife.
70 6,117 more...
Page 430 of 645 1 2 428 429 430 431 432 644 645
AX24

400 members (1_deuce, 264mag, 219DW, 17CalFan, 303savage, 1OntarioJim, 48 invisible), 2,365 guests, and 1,250 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,492
Posts18,452,112
Members73,901
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.