24hourcampfire.com
24hourcampfire.com
-->
Active Threads | Active Posts | Unanswered Today | Since Yesterday | This Week
Hunter's Campfire Jump to new posts
Re: Who carries a pistol into their office/jobsite?? gonehuntin 04/20/24
Originally Posted by RAM
Hell, in high school, there were p/u with guns on Campus. Never an issue.

That is not the World of today.

Yep, same at my high school. The beginning of each school year was the beginning of dove season, so lots of students went straight to the fields right after school.
30 1,968 more...
Free Classifieds Jump to new posts
Re: WTB Gray M9A3 Deacon76 04/20/24
Hello
2 312 more...
Re: 26 Barges break loose near Pittsburgh, and damage some bridges AcesNeights 04/20/24
Originally Posted by Valsdad
Originally Posted by Tide_Change
Originally Posted by Valsdad
Naw, never seen anything happen that could cause barges to come loose.

Notice anything missing? A little pressure on the winch line to snug things up before we cut loose from the dock and wheeee.

Those are 18-20 inches tall, maybe 10" around, and 3/8 inch steel as I recall. Probably had been on there without an issue for 20 years. When it came off it went wizzing past me at head height, maybe 20 feet at most to my right. That cable would normally be on the back bollard.

Dang. Did you even have time to duck, or was it one of those “ WTF just happened” moments?
SOrt of "POP-twang" when the thing came off and the wire came free. I was maybe 20-30 feet back from it, one of the tug guys was a bit closer but not in line. Guessing because the wire came around the outside of the back barge to that one, it had enough of an angle on it that it got sent into the river and not back onto the barge I was standing on. The tow was almost made up, deck guy had just tightened up the winch, the tug Capt moved us a little, it was a little bouncy from the spill from the dam, and that was it.

I may have been able to duck as I was facing it when it happened, watching the guys on the front barge. It wasn't scheidt yer pants scary...................but close.

Until you’ve seen big stainless cables under such stress that the strike of an axe snaps them like dried spaghetti you can’t appreciate the true strain they can take.
28 2,439 more...
IC B2
Re: Benelli M1 Super 90 12 g, 28" New, $850 shipped Mohall57 04/20/24
We’re in Huston are you located. My grandson lives friends wood? Might swing this.
15 973 more...
Re: Iran getting lit up in next 24 to 48 hrs? hosfly 04/20/24
Ok so,, after 1000yrs they have mixed their Dna and blood signature, The white race is called what ? (caucasian) after they escaped the caucus mountains, and fled to Europa,The Kazarian's (Babylonians) didnt get to where they are by advertising,, good article tho
375 28,363 more...
Re: Leupold 4.5x14 Coyote10 04/20/24
Will throw in some leupy backcountry 2 piece integrated 30mm rings for an extra 75.

750. Mount and shoot
12 1,157 more...
Re: Retired today!! NoDak 04/20/24
Congratulations sir. Been there for just over 3 years. Grew up on a farm and was working from 8 yo.

Now see if you can get that honey do list taken care of. Mine never seems to get shorter. 🤔
83 4,330 more...
Re: Who carries a pistol into their office/jobsite?? RAM 04/20/24
When I first started my career there were gun racks in the rear windows of the Co. Trucks. Hell, in high school, there were p/u with guns on Campus. Never an issue.

That is not the World of today.
30 1,968 more...
Re: Rough day BillyGoatGruff 04/20/24
That’s a rough day, but in the good way.

Congrats to the soon to be newlyweds. I sincerely wish them the best and you and your wife as you navigate this new channel in the river.
60 3,650 more...
Re: Sane students walk out and protest "furries" BALLISTIK 04/20/24
I'm surprised that the school didn't call the law and have all the students detained with force for truancy. Good on those kids and whoever helped them make a stand against the perversion/degeneracy of Society.
35 2,689 more...
IC B3
Re: Who carries a pistol into their office/jobsite?? stxhunter 04/20/24
I always carry and most of the time my T-shirt rides up over it while I'm working, I have not had anyone complain.
30 1,968 more...
Re: Bushnell 4200 Elite 4-16x40 Japan made boatammo 04/20/24
ttt
15 1,593 more...
Rural Living Jump to new posts
Re: Radio on the tractor? JamesJr 04/20/24
I keep mine on either WKDZ, Cadiz KY or Kentucky Sports Radio.
7 660 more...
Re: Leupold 4.5x14 Coyote10 04/20/24
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Pics up!
12 1,157 more...
Re: Who carries a pistol into their office/jobsite?? DigitalDan 04/20/24
It's hard to conceal a Browning M2, and they make a lot of people uncomfortable.
30 1,968 more...
Re: Rough day PaulBarnard 04/20/24
Originally Posted by Dillonbuck
Took off today, just sitting here wasting time. My wife and daughters are out
getting themselves beautified. In a bit we go to the church and get the food prep taken care of, last night we decorated up there until late.

Tomorrow, I have to take that walk.
The one that's made me misty just thinking about for the last 21 years.

I'm gonna shake hands with a good young man, solid Christian, worker,
hunter and obsessed fisherman. (I like him.)
Then I have to give away one of the most important things I've ever done, or had.

Her cat, who usually only plays with me, jumped on me and laid down purring.
I think he senses my mood. Really wish I hadn't started this post, it's getting worse, not better.

What a puss!
Wouldn't post it, but to hide it would be even more pussified.

Gonna be glad for the craziness tomorrow, but I'm dreading the drive home tomorrow night.

Sounds like she got a good one. Congrats. I am a total sapp when it comes to stuff like that.
60 3,650 more...
Re: 26 Barges break loose near Pittsburgh, and damage some bridges slumlord 04/20/24
Originally Posted by P_Weed
I'm starting to see a pattern here.
Like Cessna 152s augering into 113 potato chip manufacturing plants??????

Oooooo…..awwwwwwwww, ohhhhhhhhh.

Oh yes, forego my turkey season……stay home and monitor mother earth news
28 2,439 more...
Re: Cop roughs up an 18 year old female Strop10 04/20/24
Originally Posted by GringoCazador
Brian R.P. Schimmel will probably find another law enforcement job my guess. Might not be high paying but somebody somewhere will hire him.

His base salary($45k) was more than the average person in that county($36k) which will likely hold true anywhere else he gets on as le.

When you figure in the tax payer funded legal settlements due to his lack of self control and being in a protected class, his total benefits will likely be in to the 6 figure range on up to millions.
387 26,114 more...
Re: Iran getting lit up in next 24 to 48 hrs? Houston_2 04/20/24
Originally Posted by gonehuntin
That whole situation over there was funded by Joe Biden all-around. It's like he's ginning up the region for a conflagration.

More so by Obama and John Kerry.
375 28,363 more...
Re: Who carries a pistol into their office/jobsite?? BillyGoatGruff 04/20/24
Originally Posted by gonehuntin
I recently started a new job, my county commissioner told me to carry. Not because it's a hazardous job (database development, LoL), but because he's got common sense. Who else has a city/county/state gubbermint job that encourages concealed carry (excluding LEO's)???

Sounds like you live in a good county!
30 1,968 more...
Re: "Saggy Balls" DigitalDan 04/20/24
What portion of the population of the USA has gone completely nuts?
12 1,665 more...
Remington Fans Jump to new posts
Re: Remington 870 20 ga JMR40 04/20/24
I haven't seen a new one with the 21" youth barrel. I have a new one with a 26" barrel and an older Express with the 21" youth stock. Neither are for sale, but I will confirm that the new ones are nice. I actually like it a lot better and have pretty much stopped using the receiver on the older gun. I now have 21" and 26" barrels that I use on the newer shotgun.
5 398 more...
Re: Its meme time DMc 04/20/24
78,146 14,621,296 more...
Re: Another transfer of wealth away from blue collar workers dave7mm 04/20/24
Originally Posted by org_Rogue_Hunter
Heard on the radio that Procter and Gambles continues to raise prices even though cost of products are declining...thus reporting record profits and dividends. Congratulation to middle and upper class share holders.
In a capitalist society.
You have the freedom to buy products from P&Gs competitors. Thus not supporting P&G.
I work at a large tool and die shop that builds plastic injection molds.And occasionally we build molds for them.
Great company to build molds for.
I should buy stock in P&G.
Demonizing a profitable corporation is a typical commie move.
dave
28 2,560 more...
Re: Dillon seems to have taken a nose dive in customer service Jackson_Handy 04/20/24
They probably know how stupid you are
21 1,571 more...
Page 442 of 602 1 2 440 441 442 443 444 601 602
AX24

418 members (10Glocks, 160user, 12344mag, 17CalFan, 10ring1, 163bc, 33 invisible), 2,557 guests, and 1,026 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,285
Posts18,467,824
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.