24hourcampfire.com
24hourcampfire.com
-->
Active Threads | Active Posts | Unanswered Today | Since Yesterday | This Week
Hunting Rifles Jump to new posts
Re: CZ 600 lux 223 TxJW 04/19/24
I have one and really like the trigger, controlled round feed, mag controls, safety design, and nitride finish. Very useful rifle!
3 453 more...
Hunter's Campfire Jump to new posts
Re: Iran getting lit up in next 24 to 48 hrs? RUM7 04/19/24
Originally Posted by Crash_Pad
Palestine is an occupied country; has been for decades. The only part of Palestine that "legally" could be accepted as Israel is the 1948 boundaries. Google it up! Oops, Google is well, you know "kosher." If you ball scratchers were literate at all (could read) you would know that. You still wouldn't understand anything. You like roaring thumbs down from the cheap seats. Occupied people have the right to resist, fight back - and kill - the occupying power. Israel has no right to "self defense," a euphemism for unrestrained barbarism. You brave ass patriots think these murderous fiends are holy because your stupid, spinless, congressmen are scared to death of losing their cushy jobs. G_D forbid they could be called AntiSemitc too! And you don't mind bankrupting America so lawless Israel can survive?

You idiots work yourselves into hot rage over 1300 "poor, defenseless Jews" being killed. It's a [bleep] lie. But you weak minded, would-be thugs believe it. But you show no outrage at multiple Israeli attacks on millions of concentration camp prisoners, routinely denied food. Their only (non potable) water source has been routinely shut off for decades. Starvation has always been a Zionist weapon of choice.

More telling of your depraved bliss is your utter ignorance of multiple indiscriminate bombing runs over the years that have murdered thousands of helpless citizens. 2,000 the last time. How many of your friends and family would you bury before digging tunnels, planting explosives, and turning out 50 caliber sniper rifles to pay the bastards back?
You are proof that a lack of bacon in ones diet makes them cranky.
375 28,292 more...
Re: Rough day Dillonbuck 04/19/24
Jim,

Pot luck as in the meal?

No, we are having cowboy beans, with pulled pork, green beans and ham, meatballs and pasta, fried chicken, deviled eggs, and a bunch of woman stuff. Fruit, veggie trays.....doing everything but the bird, that's coming from the gas station my wife runs.
The beans were requested by the.....him! The meatballs by my father in law who left us during the planning stage.
Oh yeah. A potato bar!
Since she was a little girl she loved potatoes, and said she was going to have a potato bar at her wedding. So there will be scalloped and mashed, and toppings to choose.

Only 60 odd people, all our church basement can hold.
They are planning a big potluck picnic for June.
Sort of an after reception for the whole famdamily to get together.
Her father in law is raising the porcine guests of honor right now.

Yeah, low rent Appalachian trash.
Nobody will talk for months about the production put on.
If two decent kids get hitched and have a good life, that's
all we need.
60 3,564 more...
IC B2
Canada Jump to new posts
Re: The Federal Budget GRF 04/19/24
Well said Hugh. Thanks for the link.
11 866 more...
Re: Rough day ihookem 04/19/24
Originally Posted by Lonerider
I wish I would have had the chance to make that walk!! My only daughter died before that day came!

That's a rough one and a parents worst nightmare.. As for me, I have one daughter. We raised her in a Christian family. She just wants to see the world. Five weeks after graduating from College, she takes off to teach in Taiwan for 3 yrs. Then 6 yrs . In Cairo, Egypt. She married a Guy from Lebanon . We find out through a message from facebook that she got married... I like the Son In Law . He is pretty decent. He is an Arab, but very western . Even eats beacon.
60 3,564 more...
They do, don't they? Except when they don't. 5sdad 04/19/24
"Lead" and "read" rhyme.

Except when you are saying "lead" and "read".

Or when you are saying "lead" and "read".

But then, "lead" and "read" do rhyme.
6 504 more...
Re: 3 point link for disc question alwaysoutdoors 04/19/24
Originally Posted by Heym06
Fix it and tell the neighbor thanks, and gift him with a case of grease. That looks dryer than a popcorn fart.
Did Alan Cramper text you a photo?
14 989 more...
Big Game Rifles Jump to new posts
Small Rifle Primers ? Just a Hunter 04/19/24
Since the general drought of LR primers is still ongoing a friend has decided to try SR primers in his 308 using Starline small rifle cases. Is there any difference in load development going from LR to SR?
13 1,285 more...
Gunsmithing Jump to new posts
Re: Wood finishing... Feral_American 04/19/24
By the way, you won't make a lot of friends around here with that whackado leftist bullshiit.......

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
45 3,669 more...
Re: Rough day funshooter 04/19/24
Good Luck to you and your Daughter.
Hope she has a GREAT Life ahead of her.
60 3,564 more...
IC B3
Re: ‘Poisoned’ data could wreck AIs in wartime SupFoo 04/19/24
Originally Posted by Teal
Given the massive amounts of data collected, the poison data would have to be massive as well and likely that's rather noticeable at scale.

I wouldn't be too sure about that.

Here is probably a silly example:

Designing a Smart Bomb with AI. You don't need or want to sweep the entire internet. So your sweep is targeted to likely areas. Bad Guys site up a fake site "Smart Bombs for Dummies" filled with bullchit and the AI sweep picks it up. They would also ignore Face Book for, well any kind of sweep on anything.
17 684 more...
Ask The Gunwriters Jump to new posts
Re: Ernie's spring Blacktailer 04/19/24
Originally Posted by beretzs
You recall correctly ST. Maybe a 30 minute job if you go slow. Pretty simple swap. I’ve done all mine with them and sit around 2.5-2.75.
I had the same experience. It's not at all difficult and am pleased with the results.
10 1,464 more...
Ask The Gunwriters Jump to new posts
Re: FN Mauser EdM 04/19/24
This is the rear sight that came with my FN. I have it around here somewhere. Very simple with two settings.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/274448727616?

Of course it has been scoped since I have owned it.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
36 4,402 more...
Custom Rifles & Wildcats Jump to new posts
Re: 444 Rinless from 30-06? Fireball2 04/19/24
Without giving it too much thought I'd run the brass into any die on the bench that I could use to step them up gradually. Can't wait to see your finished product Joe!
10 1,051 more...
Free Classifieds Jump to new posts
Re: Leupold 4.5x14 Coyote10 04/19/24
Yes 30mm tube.
I'd trade for a good j frame sw revolver or a mcmillian hunters edge sporter rem 700.
Thanks
12 1,155 more...
Re: Cop roughs up an 18 year old female JoeBob 04/19/24
If one of you tough guys on here gave your high school aged daughter a lawful command to get out of your car, she didn’t, and you reacted as the officer here did, how do you think this officer would treat you if a neighbor had called the cops?

I mean she is your daughter and you have the right and the legal authority to tell her what to do. It’s your car and you have the right to tell anyone to get in and get out. And finally, you even have the right to physically discipline a child and force them to comply.

So, you think it would have worked out for you had you dine that?
387 25,438 more...
Gunsmithing Jump to new posts
Re: Wood finishing... Feral_American 04/19/24
Originally Posted by adanac
Originally Posted by Feral_American
BLO cures fairly quickly.

BLO + Japan Drier cures much faster.

Raw linseed oil could take years to cure, if it ever does.

Raw linseed oil is a horrible choice for gun stocks.

Those are the simple facts about linseed oil.

That is what I have always heard, but I'm finding the opposite to be true.

In any case, what do you use to give a stock shine?

You may have a mislabeled or bad batch, of BLO that doesn't contained enough of the metallic drying agents that makes it cure. Add some Japan Drier or try a different brand.

In any case, you're spinning your wheels until you find a way to cure what you have, or strip it back and start over.

I don't do what you're attempting to do, but with a raw stock either maple or walnut I typically stain, then many coats of Tru Oil or BLO + Japan Drier, and then wax. For shine, which it isn't often that I want shine, I use Renaissance Wax and polish to a gloss with a soft cotton cloth.

Thanks for that insight. I read that Rennaissance doesn't produce shine but it's possible the person in that case didn't rub it a lot...not sure.

Buddy, I think you're just trolling. Go by what you "read" somewhere, instead of the experience of those who actually do it. Get a life.

Tru-Oil plus Renaissance Wax.......

I don't know who you're replying to nor why you wish to be rude.

I would like to try Tru-Oil based on the pictures of the results, but my understanding that you use Tru-Oil starting from a raw stock, not on top of linseed oil.

I have a stock treated with linseed oil. I wish now to get more shine and am looking for a product to do that.

Yeah, troll, we get that part.

Tru Oil will work over just about any existing finish as long as the surface has been prepared properly and the existing finish is well cured. A main ingredient in Tru-Oil is, SHOCKER HERE, linseed oil, and the rest is what's found in many other types of wood finish. Nothing mysterious.

Tell ya what, reach out to Sitka Deer, here on the 'fire. His name is Art in real life. He's like the wood finish guru around here. Maybe he's got time to educate you properly on your project. (my apologies Art).

45 3,669 more...
Turkey Hunting Jump to new posts
Re: 2024 Tom SS336 04/19/24
Two beards, very cool. Good looking bird. 👍👍
11 740 more...
Re: Rough day Lonerider 04/19/24
I wish I would have had the chance to make that walk!! My only daughter died before that day came!
60 3,564 more...
Deer Hunting Jump to new posts
Re: Any love for the 30/06 pete53 04/19/24
i have new contour 3 Brux barrel ordered 9 twist , 6 grooved that will be chambered to Old Faithful 30-06 and put on a Winchester model 70 with the claw. told my son keep this rifle forever , the 30-06 cartridge will always be a cartridge that ammo can be found any place in the world.
170 20,318 more...
Re: Anyone buy DJT? Raeford 04/19/24
Originally Posted by callnum
This penny stock is down 51% since the end of March.

So you can't read charts I see.

It's okay, we all know how F ucking stoopid you are.
189 16,192 more...
Re: ‘Poisoned’ data could wreck AIs in wartime Teal 04/19/24
Given the massive amounts of data collected, the poison data would have to be massive as well and likely that's rather noticeable at scale.

Be like adding salt to Lake Superior - you're going to notice it long before its enough to make it salty.
17 684 more...
Re: Rough day Jim_Conrad 04/19/24
Oh man....good luck.

Sounds like she did pretty well however.

Pot Luck? Hehehehe...just kidding!
60 3,564 more...
Re: Dickey Betts rejoins the Allman Brothers Raeford 04/19/24
Originally Posted by WYcoyote
Saw him with Great Southern in about '77.

Good show as I remember. I may have been somewhat "compromised".

Saw him a couple of times late 70's, early 80's[I think? as I was more than 'somewhat' compromised]
Both with and without ABB

We see Warren Hayes a couple of times each summer at a local festival. he always does something like starting a song off like it's going to be Sweet Melissa then it kicks into something different.
I guess as a tribute to those guys.

Gregg was to perform at the same festival several years back, it wound up being the first event he cancelled before he died.
They put a group together last minute to fill in the Headliner slot, Warren lead the way with others that were still there[it's a 5 day festival].
It was a hit.
They've done it every year since, with Warren leading the 'band'.
44 2,880 more...
Re: ‘Poisoned’ data could wreck AIs in wartime SupFoo 04/19/24
Originally Posted by DigitalDan
Would it be too complicated to separate defense computer networks from the global networks?

Internal sabotage.

NOTHING is SECURE.

Go write that on the Blackboard 500 times before you go home today.
17 684 more...
Page 445 of 601 1 2 443 444 445 446 447 600 601
AX24

548 members (160user, 10gaugemag, 10ring1, 1beaver_shooter, 02bfishn, 1Longbow, 58 invisible), 2,456 guests, and 1,179 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,223
Posts18,466,510
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.