24hourcampfire.com
24hourcampfire.com
-->
Active Threads | Active Posts | Unanswered Today | Since Yesterday | This Week
Hunter's Campfire Jump to new posts
Re: Do You Believe the Earth is 6000 Years Old? milespatton 04/18/24
[quote]I never considered Catholics Christian/quote]
What about Lutheran? I asked one, once a long time ago about His Religion, And His reply was "we are basically bad Catholics" . miles
495 34,231 more...
Re: Chiming a guitar… Journeyman 04/18/24
Originally Posted by Higginez
I can’t Travis pick, but I gots me a mean claw hammer…. lol

Let’s see those LP Jr’s!!!!!

Hey,
Just like I said above ie the basses, I'll be at our Alabama place hunting turkeys for a bit. All I have here are the above mentioned Vox hollow body bass and my old J-45. Will snap some pics when I get back to Idaho.

BUT - to clarify - none of mine are special to anyone but me. I have multiples because my career put me all over the world and I'd seek out guitars from that place and time, then bring them home once the project was complete. Many would call it a trash/music store collection, but to me it's kind of "my life/career" in memories!
57 4,594 more...
Gunsmithing Jump to new posts
Re: Wood finishing... 1beaver_shooter 04/18/24
Some stuff called Opie's oil , was cleaning and refinishing an old desktop, turned out after getting all the crud off it was cherry . Talked to the guys in woodcrafter's and they said Opie's oil , best stuff I ever saw for a refinishing job,doesn't take much,rubs on smooth ,just use a small felt pad a little goes a long .only drawback ,it is expensive. The little 6oz? Bottle was 64 bucks but it could do maybe 10 rifle stocks so I guess if you cost it out it's not so bad
45 3,669 more...
IC B2
Gunsmithing Jump to new posts
Re: Wood finishing... adanac 04/18/24
Originally Posted by blairvt
Originally Posted by BrotherBart
Danish Oil. I like the Walnut colored one. I do all my Mil-Surp referbs with it.
HERE is a little bit about it from a woodworker.
I use WATCO danish dark walnut and steel wool. Had great results.

I don't think that's the right product for this case. I have already used RLO and am looking now to add shine. The product you're suggesting doesn't appear to do that.
45 3,669 more...
Free Classifieds Jump to new posts
Re: Schmidt Bender Scope, Leupold Spotting Scope hunthard 04/18/24
Schmidt Bender 4-12x42 Scope 30mm, German #4 Reticle, 30mm very light ring marks , eye and objective lenses clean, clear , crisp, first focal plane $825 shipped

Leupold Gold Ring 15-30x50 Compact Shadow Gray Model #120375 with box ,papers, case , lens covers like new only to the range a handful of times , current model carbon fiber construction reduces weight, tripod ready,21.5 oz , Eurooptic sells for $699, $440 shipped
18 2,037 more...
Re: Turning F 16s into drones at Elgin local_dirt 04/18/24
Originally Posted by smokepole
Originally Posted by local_dirt
Originally Posted by smokepole
LOL, which government check would that be, local turd, I must've missed it. Not everyone is as lucky as you.

By the way, sorry I riled you up, but don't go away mad.

Just go away.

ESAD, you useless turd. Lol.

Damn, finally a post without a plethora of typos and grammatical errors, well done!!

You stupid twat, Making up stories and lies again. But, that's your MO. Saw it clearly in your Idaho_Shooter attack. Now, It's proven that you're just plain stupid in not understanding the advancements in AI.

Fugkin dumbass. You are who katie couric was talking about. Lol. 🤣
91 6,233 more...
Re: Its meme time DMc 04/18/24
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
78,126 14,610,684 more...
Re: Winchester 92 25/20 hunthard 04/18/24
$1000 shipped
38 3,858 more...
Re: Breaker 19, wabigoon-oldmanofthechickenofthesea ol_mike 04/18/24
LOL i watch the buick jump two days ago.
13 979 more...
Re: Iran getting lit up in next 24 to 48 hrs? RUM7 04/18/24
Originally Posted by Crash_Pad
You ignorant bastards are so blind to what Israel really is, it’s no wonder you believe every fabrication you swallow without chewing. Haaretz and other Israeli papers have debunked all the October 7 outlandish stories. But you weak little pretenders and Bible thumpers get your rocks off on atrocity stories and, what’s worse, actual Israeli atrocities against millions of concentration camp prisoners they had already brutalized and routinely bombe to death for decades. And you are proud of your ignorance.
375 28,293 more...
IC B3
Deer Hunting Jump to new posts
Re: white deer Poconojack 04/18/24
Seneca Army Depot, Seneca County, NY had an entire herd of white deer. Not uncommon to see 7 or 8 just driving by.
22 2,100 more...
Locusts OldmanoftheSea 04/18/24
Is it a bad sign to be menaced by locusts???
3 342 more...
Canada Jump to new posts
Re: RIP Klaus Hiptmayer Canadian Gunsmith KillerBee 04/18/24
Originally Posted by PennDog
Originally Posted by AcesNeights
You did a great job on that beautiful rifle and I know it was a true labor of love. The countless hours you spent painstakingly sanding and oiling it paid off in the finished product and I’m sure that your father and Klaus were smiling down while you worked…and worried…and worked…

I do hope that you take it elk hunting and use it as your dad once used it, to put meat on the table. It’s a beautiful rifle that has tremendous sentimental value to you but its value increases exponentially every time you go afield and make more memories with it. I’m sure both your dad and Klaus would want you to enjoy it in the most practical of ways….hunting!

All my best to you my friend!

Ditto KB!!

Thanks for the additional pic of the butt - I may have to incorporate that in a rifle or two down the road!

PennDog

Hi PennDog are you a Gunsmith that builds rifles? I would sure like to see some of your beautiful work if you are?

Thank you for all of your kind words, sure makes me believe that I did a good job, even though I would do a lot of things differently if I had to do it all over again, that's for sure!! Much appreciated Sir!

Do you mind if I ask you a question?

Cheers ~
17 1,742 more...
Re: PERSPECTIVES REGARDING LEAD BANS Orion2000 04/18/24
Kinda like Chevrolet telling us why we should NOT buy Dodge, Ford or Toyota... Disingenuous at best...
34 2,258 more...
Re: Do You Believe the Earth is 6000 Years Old? milespatton 04/18/24
[quote]Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof....

/quote]

Read what is in red, and then go back and look at your posts, carefully. miles
495 34,231 more...
Handguns Jump to new posts
Re: Guess I got in the red dot game .. RyanTX 04/18/24
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Clearly, no one who has one is ignoring the dot. That's BS. That was my point.

You don't focus on the dot, you focus on the target.
63 5,036 more...
Re: Tell me about vpns Upperplainsman 04/18/24
The "Cloud" is just someone else's computer.
40 2,896 more...
Re: why do we dream in metaphors ? wabigoon 04/18/24
Dream in color?
25 1,391 more...
WTS pre war Winchester model 70 semi inlet stock TenX 04/18/24
Very nice semi inlet pre war Winchester Model 70 stock. The stock has very nice red color and slight fancy figure. Inletting is clean and well done, ready for final fitting and shaping. $150 to your door CONUS.
Thanks
Phil
5 441 more...
Re: Re: PLEASE CLOSE NO LONGER AVAILABLE...10" TC Contender Barrels bogart08 04/18/24
10" round, blued TC Contender 22LR Match barrel w/ weaver style scope rail. Front sight only, no rear, VG condition.........$275.... SOLD

10" blued, octagon TC Contender barrel 44mag w/external choke ( Hot shot barrel ), wrench and iron sights....., wood grip and large Herrett style forend also VG condition.....Plus 35 rounds of TC 44 mag shot ammo.........NO LONGER AVAILABLE

More pics available.....PM if needed
8 996 more...
Re: Holster for EDC around the farm? Eric308 04/18/24
I use this:
https://www.fireforceusa.com/holsters/8834.html

I like a holster with a flap to protect from elements/debris, and it also carries an extra mag.

Oops, didn't see the bibs requirement; agreed a chest holster would work.
85 5,444 more...
Re: Chiming a guitar… Journeyman 04/18/24
Originally Posted by MartinStrummer
Originally Posted by Journeyman
Originally Posted by MartinStrummer
Not to make fun of any of those guys, they ARE/were, guitar playing dudes. Just not my genre!
Chet Atkins
Jerry Reed
Richard Smith
Tommy Emmanuel

Finger pickers rule!

If "finger pickers rule" why no props to the one greatest original, the one whose style earned me a tryout at the New England Conservatory of Music... (which I so fraking tanked!!! eek):

MERLE TRAVIS

Without a doubt! 👍

Ok, so you tanked your tryout, but that still puts you above the run of the mill string plucker! LOL!
Me?
Got a really nice Martin, but all I can do is strum it. If it wasn't for "fake note", I'd never be able to play.
I'll never earn 10 cents playing, but I can make me happy!

One of the first people to start me playing was Jim. Jim had visited Branson, MO at one time and had the opportunity to play. They begged him to come play for one of the venues up there. Jim wasn't leaving Podunk, OK!
Until COVID-19 (💉 vaccine) took the owner, I used to hang out at a weekly acoustic jam. I was surprised at the quality of players that showed up! Some of those guys were amazingly good! One of the guys played for Elvis for a while. You never know! One of the best was a local meth head that could absolutely make a mandolin sit up and beg!

My entire family plays stringed instruments. Where I'm from we didn't have TV until the 1980s. I have several relatives that "had it" and made good lives/careers in music (teaching, etc). I simply didn't/don't. Maybe the reason I was so successful in engineering/project management. My playing is technically always pretty darn good...but the "soul" just isn't there. It's more a math exercise for me. Funny thing - I have a cousin who has been immensely successful in guitar. He got me the day school/program tryout at NEC; he graduated from there with all kinds of honors. One in millions. But he is also so smart he knew he'd not make it in the entertainment world on stage. He went on to Missouri for an electrical engineering degree and became a superstar in audio/sound engineering.

It's a strange, brutal unique industry. I'd love to hear the stories from some of the professionals here like longarm that actually had the talent, rolled the dice, and won...
57 4,594 more...
Re: S&W N Frame scope mount… 257_X_50 04/18/24
I’ll take this
7 531 more...
Re: An economical grocery getter for someone. stxhunter 04/18/24
I had a 73 Dodge Dart, 4-door. I put in subframe connectors, 8 3/4 rear end with 4.88 gears, with 360. It ran 12.08 on just the motor and low 11s on the bottle. I drove it around town on 6-inch slicks. I had a lot of fun with that car.
22 2,084 more...
Re: FS Barnes Vor-Tx 30.06 150gr TTSX ShortMag11 04/18/24
SPF on another forum
1 248 more...
Page 505 of 601 1 2 503 504 505 506 507 600 601
AX24

546 members (160user, 10gaugemag, 10ring1, 1beaver_shooter, 02bfishn, 1Longbow, 59 invisible), 2,497 guests, and 1,189 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,223
Posts18,466,510
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.