24hourcampfire.com
24hourcampfire.com
-->
Active Threads | Active Posts | Unanswered Today | Since Yesterday | This Week
Hunter's Campfire Jump to new posts
Re: The quackery of "indigenous knowledge" (i.e., "indian scientific wisdom") Pharmseller 04/12/24
Originally Posted by rainshot
Ignorance and superstition prevails over science and technology every time for leftists.

"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid." - Han Solo
42 3,568 more...
Re: Connecting Dots plumbum 04/12/24
Originally Posted by jaguartx
Did anyone ever Connect the Dots referred to by the Dan Scavino VIDEO?

What did Trump say after the Dan Scavino VIDEO?

What was the Dan Scavino VIDEO a clue to?

What did these Q Intel Drops refer to?

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

I lnow!

https://ifunny.co/picture/when-everyone-thinks-you-ve-been-launching-missiles-in-the-mmXeCA6y9?s=cl
12,165 979,776 more...
Re: 9.3x62mm problem bluefish 04/12/24
Magazine geometry is different for the new round from the original chambering. I have used Dennis Olson before and he understands the issue. Alternatively I would ask Jim Wisner to make a new mag box for the cartridge and fit it to the receiver then make it all work. Not rocket science.
29 4,433 more...
IC B2
AR and Tactical Rifles Jump to new posts
Re: Shot the New BCA 223 Wylde Complete Rifle Today Pappy348 04/12/24
Beats me. The BCA has an MPI bolt, something frequently mentioned as important. The upper is made from a billet, heavier in places than standard ones. The handguard is their new version and seems plenty sturdy and solid. Staking is good on the gas key, and the Gen 2 charging handle design seems solid. I saw someplace that a reviewer had one of the GK screws fail and that it wasn’t the proper or maybe preferred quality. Not much else I can see to go wrong, except maybe some leave with bits not properly tightened, loctited, etc. My lowers are PSA forged mil-spec, so no worries there.

The side-chargers are somewhat simpler than a conventional rear-charger with FA. That should be a savings without compromising quality. “Real” AR guys probably know of other stuff that might be prone to fail, but the other parts are pretty standard stuff, I believe.

Gonna keep my eye on a couple of things like the screw holding the bolt handle in place, but I don’t expect any trouble for my use. When my piston upper arrives I’ll give it a good looking over too, though it’s not cheap, just different, and simpler in different ways
21 1,796 more...
Free Classifieds Jump to new posts
Re: F/S Cryhavoc ar_15 takedown system for rifles and pistols foxhunterbubba 04/12/24
still for sale
13 1,145 more...
Re: Muzzleloader Gun Powder Tubes Vials (Lane's Tubes) lanenebraska 04/12/24
If ya need some, I've got them here:

Lane's Tubes

[Linked Image]

Powder Tubes Link, Click Here :-)
3,008 331,745 more...
Re: Got Kraft Pimento Cheese ??? killerv 04/12/24
Originally Posted by RockyRaab
The recipe for the pimento cheese at Augusta remains a secret. I suspect that they use Duke's and perhaps a bit of some regional hot sauce. At any rate, those $1.50 sandwiches are damn good.

My dearly departed local golf pro once found and dug up the only dandelion he'd ever seen at Augusta in many trips there. That speaks to the incredible determination of both dandelions and thegrounds crew there. I cannot imagine how they mow the grass that perfectly, even right down steep slope to the edge of water. It is truly amazing.

I read a story where they were mowing 2nd fairway first thing in the am with the first group about to tee off on 1. Each guy keeps a tennis ball with him so they can throw it out in front of all the mowers in case they all need to stop. Well, a hydraulic hose busted on one of the mowers and left a line of fluid all down the fairway. They had the grass removed and replaced from their own sod farm before that first group got to hole 2.

When those trees fell on 14 tee box last year during the round they had them cleaned up and everything back to looking normal in 30 minutes.

If he'd had been seen taking that dandelion he would have been banned for life. They do that regularly with folks trying to take grass/sand.
41 2,491 more...
Re: About that Ford Recall ......... rainshot 04/12/24
Government insanity has driven all automakers to new heights of lunacy. GM and the rest are not immune. I had a 03 Tundra that kept giving a warning about a problem. The dealership gladly charged $250 for a 6" section of fuel filler tube that was defective on All Tundra's. The mechanic told me he couldn't figure out why they didn't issue a recall on them.
10 1,132 more...
Re: The quackery of "indigenous knowledge" (i.e., "indian scientific wisdom") gonehuntin 04/12/24
"Indigenous knowledge" - like inventing the wheel? Oh, wait, that didn't happen here....

Pfft. Stone age tribes living a hardscrabble life on the plains didn't help Benjamin Franklin or Eli Whitney or Thomas Edison or the Wright brothers invent anything.
42 3,568 more...
Re: The quackery of "indigenous knowledge" (i.e., "indian scientific wisdom") Leanwolf 04/12/24
Originally Posted by RHClark
I'm all for preserving ancient knowledge, but that's not what this is about. It's just an excuse to steal money.

The grifters always are on the prowl for some new scam they can run to stow away more tax $$$$$ in their personal bank accounts. Anyone who falls for this type scam knows nothing about the various Indian tribes and their interactions with each other and other tribes.

Oh well, just another day in the scam scene.

L.W.
42 3,568 more...
IC B3
Ask The Gunwriters Jump to new posts
Re: MD, Charlie Sisk & All- Big Game Powder 8 x 57JS load data Craigster 04/12/24
11 1,470 more...
Handguns Jump to new posts
Re: Herrett's Stocks no longer making Custom Checkered Stocks Windfall 04/12/24
They wouldn't rework one either. Years ago I had Herrett's build a custom checkered set for my S&W 34 with a thumb rest. In retrospect I would be happier if that thumb rest wasn't there, but they wouldn't remove and refinish that left side.
9 1,019 more...
Re: Will Klohe Kardashian go to hillestadj 04/12/24
Originally Posted by SamOlson
I would bang Kendall.

She has two mommies now.
17 1,732 more...
Re: Tyson vs Jake Paul ol_mike 04/12/24
The winner has already been decided- boxing is as crooked as can be.
30 2,953 more...
Friday Musick Time, Wabi. jaguartx 04/12/24
62 2,774 more...
Re: Steve Bannon aint stupid, but he knows GOP voters are. deerstalker 04/12/24
Originally Posted by gonehuntin
Desperately looking for a story on a Grandma in Idaho using a .357 Magnum for self-defense, can you good folks help?
https://globalnews.ca/news/10417069/85-year-old-woman-shoots-home-intruder-self-defence-idaho/
220 11,417 more...
Re: 9.3x62mm problem dreamer 04/12/24
Finally got back to it. Did a lot-covered most of the group suggestions. Could not find a gs who worked on '03s who also had the tools. So got my own and dove into it. Had spare bolt, spring/follower, extractor. Added shim to front of trigger guard, finished ream and checked head space-go n no go. Still have to work on the extractor but with new Hornady sprp 286gr. Now feeding ok, but not as smooth as I would like. A bit more work then to the range for break in. Thanks again to you all.
29 4,433 more...
Humor, Jokes, and Riddles Jump to new posts
Re: 3- word word association thread P_Weed 04/12/24
Slippin' and Slidin'
8,677 3,882,673 more...
Re: Connecting Dots jaguartx 04/12/24
Ditto, woolve. grin
12,165 979,776 more...
Hunting Optics Jump to new posts
Re: Leupold 2.5x20 Ultralight Discontinued Gojoe 04/12/24
I have one on a model 94ae, I feel sorry for those who don't.
26 3,346 more...
Re: WTB NEF Handi-Rifle stock. short OK shoptom 04/12/24
Thanks men for the responses- sorting thru them now.
7 437 more...
Re: Do You Believe the Earth is 6000 Years Old? alwaysoutdoors 04/12/24
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper
Team finds over 30 strains of C-19, and they do not kill equally.

Li's team found that some of the most aggressive strains of the virus were able to generate 270 times the viral load as the weakest strains; in addition, the aggressive strains killed the human cells fastest.

More than 30 different mutations of the virus were detected, of which 19 were previously undiscovered.

https://www.foxnews.com/science/coronavirus-mutated-at-least-30-different-strains-study-finds

The novel coronavirus has mutated into at least 30 different genetic variations, according to a new study in China.

The results showed that medical officials have vastly underestimated the overall ability of the virus to mutate, in finding that different strains have affected different parts of the world, leading to potential difficulties in finding an overall cure.

The study, which was carried out by professor Li Lanjuan and colleagues from Zhejiang University in Hangzhou, China, was published in a non-peer reviewed paper released on Sunday.

The researchers analyzed the strains from 11 randomly chosen coronavirus patients from Hangzhou, where there have been 1,264 reported cases, and then tested how efficiently they could infect and kill cells. China's coronavirus numbers, however, have been questioned, as they have not been verified.

More than 30 different mutations of the virus were detected, of which 19 were previously undiscovered.

“Sars-CoV-2 has acquired mutations capable of substantially changing its pathogenicity,” Li wrote in the paper.

As of Tuesday afternoon, COVID-19 has infected more than 804,000 people in the United States and killed at least 43,200. More than 4 million tests have been conducted in the U.S., but experts believe that number must be increased in order to reopen society. Worldwide, there are at least 2.5 million cases of the disease.

Li's team found that some of the most aggressive strains of the virus were able to generate 270 times the viral load as the weakest strains; in addition, the aggressive strains killed the human cells fastest.

According to their findings, the "true diversity" of the viral strains is underappreciated and must be understood in order to find a treatment or vaccine.

"Drug and vaccine development, while urgent, need to take the impact of these accumulating mutations, especially the founding mutations, into account to avoid potential pitfall," the authors wrote.
476 30,856 more...
Re: Cops Attack and Tase a Man Having a Seizure Strop10 04/12/24
22 1,653 more...
2 Parker-Hale handgun cleaning rods dajudge43 04/12/24
both black handles that spin like the Dewey rods, with the yellow coated rods, and come with 1 jag and 1 brush....1 rod is 10 inches end to end, and 1 is 8.50 inches end to end......both shipped to your door for $40
2 282 more...
Re: US Navy photoshop? slumlord 04/12/24
👍
Sir, I yield Jimmy Oltsen status
33 2,952 more...
Page 509 of 646 1 2 507 508 509 510 511 645 646
AX24

624 members (10gaugeman, 10gaugemag, 160user, 12344mag, 007FJ, 1234, 59 invisible), 2,916 guests, and 1,322 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,487
Posts18,452,031
Members73,901
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.