24hourcampfire.com
24hourcampfire.com
-->
Active Threads | Active Posts | Unanswered Today | Since Yesterday | This Week
Hunter's Campfire Jump to new posts
Re: Parking Lots Are Dangerous. cra1948 04/19/24
Another good strategy to keep in mind is to park out a ways. I try to avoid parking too close to where I'm going. The parking density is a lot less a couple of hundred feet further out in the parking lot. Also, the kinds of people who tend to be careless in their driving/parking habits or walk through a parking lot with their head up theira ss tend to be the same kind of mentality that drive about six laps around the parking lot trying to find a close spot.
45 3,267 more...
Big Game Rifles Jump to new posts
Re: 308 tikka question Big Stick 04/19/24
Sweetheart,

Imitation is the MOST Sincere form of Flattery...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

It's a hilariously fascinating constant,that you think of me,more often than anyone does of you. Hint.

It is anything but a "surprise",that besides being a CLUELESS Crying Kchunt,that you also just "happen" to be a Thieving Piece Of Fhuqking Schit. Hint.

Simply cite how many times a day you think about me and pardon my horning you up,as you fixate same. Hint.

How could a Whining CLUELESS Brokedick Kchunt such as yourself,even BEGIN to fhuqking fathom the magnitude? Suppositions are all you can "do",which is never not funnier than fhuqk. Hint.

Bless your poor poor(literally) heart for trying though,as you espouse your Homoerotic Fantasies and feverishly fill out Hurt Feeler Reports.

Pardon my Posting here first,as you unleash your countless very WELL founded Insecurities. Hint.

Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!............
63 3,773 more...
Alaska Jump to new posts
Re: Fish question ironbender 04/19/24
When y’all coming up? You the tour guide? 🤣

Never weighed filets, but will guess 3-4 lbs per fish?
14 1,619 more...
IC B2
Handguns Jump to new posts
Phil Shoemaker Video On Big Bears Cheyenne 04/19/24
MOGC linked this video in a thread running on the "Ask The Gunwriters" forum. Phil Shoemaker (458Win) is participating in the thread. I thought that others may not see it because of the forum and the particular thread in which it was linked. So, I am cross-posting here for those who missed it. It contains a lot of wisdom that was spread over many threads a few years ago after the now-famous incident with the bear while Phil was carrying a 9mm handgun loaded with +P hard cast ammo. Enjoy.

35 4,013 more...
Free Classifieds Jump to new posts
Customized COLT parts, 38 Super dajudge43 04/19/24
Slide has been bead blasted and re-blued for a matte finish, so the roll marks are light. Parts as follows: Slide with old school S & W sights, have been installed, firing pin/spring/retainer/extractor, barrel/link/pin, ejector, barrel bushing, recoil guide & spring...Note: recoil guide is not COLT....Can promise U will not be disappointed in the condition of these parts. As normal with me pictures will be available via TEXT.........$325 shipped to your door
2 335 more...
Re: Most accurate, unbiased news sources. gsganzer 04/19/24
The Wall Street Journal is about as close as it gets.
40 2,574 more...
Canada Jump to new posts
Re: RIP Klaus Hiptmayer Canadian Gunsmith KillerBee 04/19/24
PennDog, it was my pleasure speaking with you on the phone yesterday, we had a few good laughs!

When you said "don’t think I ever saw one done quite like that". Klaus had an amazing talent for looking at a block of wood and turning it into a masterpiece. He was an artist, and I agree with you, he ranked up there with the "World's Best".

There is only one rifle like mine on this planet, I am so very happy my father gave it to me. It's really cool being the owner and hunting with a one-of-a-kind hand-made rifle made by a world-class stockmaker, especially an M1917 that is 107 years old. When I go, I will make sure that I will hand it down to a family that will hunt with it for generations. Can you imagine shooting a Moose in 2117 with a 1917 rifle, mind blowing!

As mentioned if you are ever in Alberta, you will be a welcomed guest at my home, it would be fun spending an evening having a few beverages and sharing hunting stories. And if you want to hunt Alberta, you know who to call cool

If you do make a similar stock, I would love to see it.

Cheers ~

PS: When I am in the woods hunting with my M1917, I always play this before heading out of my truck and hoping on my quad.

17 1,813 more...
Re: Parking Lots Are Dangerous. 12344mag 04/19/24
Originally Posted by 5sdad
The biggest danger in parking lots comes from the real men who bring their aggressive driving styles to them; drive real fast and everybody get the hell out of my way.

Ummm, awe hell, nevermind.......
45 3,267 more...
Hunting Rifles Jump to new posts
Re: 80's Winchester Model 70s bsa1917hunter 04/19/24
Originally Posted by 257Bob
I had quite a few of the new Classic CRF Model 70s from the the 90s, personal favorites but I'd take any push-feed from the 80s over any current production M70.

I've had about 5 of the Browning rifles. I don't have any of them now. I still have all of my 80's pushfeeds. They are great rifles, all American made, and a big part of Winchester's history. The XTR FWT's have a pretty good following as well. Just could not warm up to the new Winchesters though. I also prefer the pre 64 and classic models. To each their own.
43 9,544 more...
Re: Cop roughs up an 18 year old female BeardedGunsmith 04/19/24
Originally Posted by Jackson_Handy
Originally Posted by BeardedGunsmith
Originally Posted by Jackson_Handy
Originally Posted by BeardedGunsmith
I cant watch these. I seriously want to see a concealed carrier pop out of the blue and loosen his brain matter. It would just make me feel better.

Why wait for someone else to do it?
Not my fight, but it would tickle my dopamine receptors to see someone else do it.

So just Iike everyone else, all talk. Too bad.
If having self control is what you mean, than sure. Many people are able to talk out of anger while not ruining their life by acting on impulse. It sure doesn't mean that I wouldn't like to see someone else do it though.
387 26,658 more...
IC B3
Re: Ukraine’s “Counter-Offensive” Major Belly Flop earlybrd 04/19/24
🚂🚂
5,668 453,789 more...
Re: WTS 6.5x55 Factory Ammo wa11 04/19/24
second please
4 410 more...
Re: FS - Remington CDL SF Limited - .280 AKwolverine 04/19/24
Originally Posted by rc82bttb
Do these have a fluted magnum contour or standard spotter contour?
Former.
29 2,926 more...
Re: At this stage in my life ... wabigoon 04/19/24
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
36 2,742 more...
Big Game Rifles Jump to new posts
Re: 308 tikka question drop_point 04/19/24
Yawn.....

I guess you're mad your scope mounting business isn't going to make it after all?

Well one thing is for sure, you're competent at copy-paste.

HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT
63 3,773 more...
Re: Parking Lots Are Dangerous. Redneck 04/19/24
Originally Posted by ol_mike
Sad deal , it doesn't surprise me.
Hope they catch the scumbag.
Ditto...
45 3,267 more...
Re: Most accurate, unbiased news sources. 700LH 04/19/24
Originally Posted by Mannlicher
I look at over a dozen sources daily. You just have to filter through them.
This online and not watch the tube for news or commentary
40 2,574 more...
Re: ‘Poisoned’ data could wreck AIs in wartime Orion2000 04/19/24
Data poisoning... Non-whites being labeled as Whites during booking and intake. News reports decrying the rise of Christian Nationalism. Claiming that men can babies. "Mostly peaceful" protests. January 6th "Insurrection". Disinformation can be just as harmful as intentional misinformation from an enemy when feeding your LLM...
17 697 more...
Re: Amazon vs Home Depot Redneck 04/19/24
Originally Posted by Pappy348
A trip to a big store like HD or Lowes for me involves a 25-30 mile round trip, so 1.5-2 gallons of gas, plus my time. Add to that the uncertainty about what’s actually in stock, and the difficulty of getting someone, anyone, on the phone that can and will help, and online with free shipping is a good bet. Same goes for the shotshells I buy on a regular basis. Last ones I bought locally, an even longer trip, were $100 a case. I can almost always get them cheaper and dropped on my porch to boot. I’ve done very well buying parts for my truck on Amazon, and they know what I drive and offer the correct stuff, every time so far.

Exactly.. I buy local whenever I can, but Amazon saves me a lot of bux due to not having to drive to a Home Depot (20 miles one way) not to mention the price of fuel and depreciation.. Shipping is free and they have a 'fulfillment' depot within 25 miles.. Often items arrive next day. I had to order a new printer yesterday, and it'll be here tomorrow.. Same price as the HP store but I get it faster and with free shipping....
36 2,048 more...
Re: Cop roughs up an 18 year old female antelope_sniper 04/19/24
Originally Posted by LeonHitchcox
Originally Posted by Strop10
Originally Posted by horse1
I guess the one piece that's not there that I'd really like to see/hear is the verbal exchange prior to her being removed. The reason I say that is the 1st thing you hear from this gal when she's removed from the car is:

"What the F".

She might have been trying to be worriedly compliant, shook up, and not efficient in retrieving the information the officer requested. Or, she might've been a little brat.

The interaction w/the other motorist doesn't make it look like the officer is even-tempered and goes straight to "power-trip" at the drop of a hat.

Looks like South Whitley is a small town of 1700-1800 people. Family name aside (good or bad), if she's a good kid, everybody in town that size knows it. Business owners will invoke the, "We reserve the right to refuse service" deal and the only goods/services that will be available to him in town will be a public payphone.

The lack of audio was the choice of the cop who chose to not turn his body camera on.

The lack of audio and video at the start of the incident speaks volumes regarding his intent to be an arrogant azzhat.

He actually shut off his body cam, and lied about shutting it off.

Intent and cover up.
387 26,658 more...
Knives and Blades Jump to new posts
Re: OELKE X 2 longarm 04/19/24
Beautiful knives! Well done
33 2,736 more...
Re: Ukraine’s “Counter-Offensive” Major Belly Flop longarm 04/19/24
Originally Posted by Houston_2
Originally Posted by longarm
Originally Posted by local_dirt
Originally Posted by longarm
Houston2
Tardqueen
Tonka
Old Douche..

Not one of them can post pics.. laugh

It's too hard when they are spending all day, all night flipping back and forth from screen to screen.
Yep, they are all fakes

Says ribka’s sock puppet.

"Accuse your opponent of what you are doing to create confusion.."
Saul Alinski

"Always accuse your enemies of your own sins."
Joseph Goebbels

I've never had, don't currently have, and have no plans to have a sock puppet.
You, on the other hand, are a known POS.
5,668 453,789 more...
Re: WTB Browning B-78 Swivel Studs HunterJP 04/19/24
Yes. They said they do not have any, and pachmyr also said they don’t have any.
2 224 more...
Re: Amazon vs Home Depot kennyd 04/19/24
HD had me wait 2 weeks for the wrong parts and then the delivery was split so they called the backorder as delivered top. I prefer to hands on shop but do buy a lot from Amazon because my wife can't be left alone and is too crippled to always go.

Better scales are engraved, not stamped. You old machinists will know; my preference was a 5R satin flex. I can no longer read the 100ths, 50ths give me fits.
36 2,048 more...
Rimfires Jump to new posts
Re: Looking for bolt action .22 LR bsa1917hunter 04/19/24
Originally Posted by 260Remguy
Winchester 320 or Remington 541S/541T.

I have these rifles, like them, and think that they are good understudy rifles, particularly the 541T because its weight makes it feel more like a comparable size centerfire hunting rifle.

My current preferred understudy or warm up rifle is a Tradewinds 311A, a house brand Krico 302. Simpson LTD in Galesburg, IL, usually has several Kricos for sale.

I love my 320, but they seem to be hard to find. Mine outshoots my new CZ457. I'm talking consistent accuracy/precision, not the occasional bragging "wallet group". On a consistent basis, tit for tat, the old Winchester shoots better. The CZ, however, makes up for it by how smooth and comfortable it is to shoot. As an example, though, the Winchester 320 can be had for under $400.00 most times, but you have to find one first!!! No flies on the old rifles either, like oldgrouser said.
54 4,707 more...
Page 517 of 597 1 2 515 516 517 518 519 596 597
AX24

560 members (10gaugemag, 1lesfox, 11point, 007FJ, 12344mag, 160user, 50 invisible), 2,524 guests, and 1,237 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,360
Posts18,468,953
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.