Re: FS: 7mm projectiles rodman 04/17/24
I'll take them
P.M. me where to send funds to
Thanks
1 315 more...
General Big Game Jump to new posts
Re: Blanked on MT tags for us so far 10gaugemag 04/17/24
Originally Posted by T_Inman
Montana residents are guaranteed general deer and elk tags.
I am guessing JGray means he struck out in getting a special draw. Assuming he is a resident, he would still be getting general tags.
👍🏿👍🏿
17 1,981 more...
Hunter's Campfire Jump to new posts
Re: another ATF [bleep] show PaulBarnard 04/17/24
Originally Posted by AcesNeights
Hopefully SCOTUS addresses this soon with a favorable decision in the Chevron defense case.
We can only hope!
66 6,176 more...
IC B2
Re: She's right, but for all the wrong reasons killerv 04/17/24
Originally Posted by ERK
Does anybody know if black and Indians benefits have increased enough to keep up with Bidets inflation? Can they now only fill one shopping cart versus two?
Maybe if all those fatties are feeling inflation they will vote Republican. Edk

Didn't they up their ebt card benefits up 25% a year or so a go to help them out?

Heck they are stealing from stores left and right around here. Don't need benefits, just go in and grab it and walk out.

I went to grab a 6 pack the other day mid afternoon, all the refrigerated doors at the brand new Circle K in town had bicycle locks on them. Had to wait for a cashier to unlock them to get something cold to drink.
17 1,797 more...
Top Military Official Lied about Jan 6th: Whistleblowers local_dirt 04/17/24
10 1,394 more...
Re: Doctor says mRNA vaccines “will kill most people” through heart failure montram 04/17/24
Real blood clot info

The statistics surrounding blood clot deaths are alarming, to say the least. In the United States alone, it is estimated that approximately 100,000 deaths occur annually due to blood clots. Globally, this number skyrockets to a staggering 1 million deaths every year.

Post Pandemic U.S. Cardio deaths

Looking at trends each year from 2010 to 2022, the researchers' findings show that the death rates from cardiovascular disease rose by 9.3% from 2020 through 2022, in contrast to a decline of 8.9% from 2010 to 2019. There were more than 228,000 more CVD deaths from 2020-2022 than would be expected had the pre-2020 trends continued.

I have no idea how you came up with your number of 20 deaths before Covid but obviously it isn't true about blood clots and cardio injuries. A 300% increase is pretty scary when you are talking about 100,000 deaths instead of 20.
164 21,448 more...
Re: How Sure Are You Trump Will Beat Lying F'N Biden Riverc 04/17/24
Originally Posted by Ben_Lurkin
A lot can happen in six months, but if the election were held today, Biden would win.
A Fair & Honest election?
101 7,710 more...
Re: How Sure Are You Trump Will Beat Lying F'N Biden Angus55 04/17/24
I’ve read this whole thing, I feel the way half of you do, but I will never give up hope, and I believe Jesus sees and is telling us the only hope is to pray for America every day , and for Trump!!! I believe it’s the only way we save our country and come out on the other side, 7 months to pray for your family and our great country because it will be gone and won’t be worth living in without Trump.
101 7,710 more...
Free Classifieds Jump to new posts
Re: Forester seater die 30-06 Sakohunter264 04/17/24
I can’t pass it up for $55 shipped. Will take it.
2 262 more...
300 Winchester Magnum brass Winchester brand CharlieSisk 04/17/24
300 Winchester Magnum brass. Winchester brand.
142 pieces are new.
272 once fired. The load fired was TrailBoss, a very mild practice load.
All has been annealed.
New brass is $125.
Once fired is $125.
$200 for everything includes shipping.
First to post “I’ll take it” trumps PM’s.
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
2 288 more...
IC B3
Re: Irreconcilable Differences Heym06 04/17/24
Originally Posted by AcesNeights
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
Which stage of grief is Apathy?

That stage was the past 40 years. It was marked by conservatives arguing with RINOs about Romney or McCain not being a good choice. It was highlighted by conservatives being called names for not supporting the Patriot Act.

Apathy brought us here because RINOs couldn’t get over their ass backwards view of politics since they were stuck in a post McCarthy mindset. They heaped praise upon the Bush dynasty because they were “better” than the other guy and they excused inexcusable offenses against our Constitution. Rinos were guided by their irrational fear of democrats while they ignorantly voted for democrats in sheep’s clothing.

Apathy sailed years ago and so too did our best chance for a Constitutional Republic.
That's a long winded way of saying. Aphaty got us here, and you are 100% correct.
41 3,882 more...
AR and Tactical Rifles Jump to new posts
Re: I need Help!(suppressor/gas issue...) rost495 04/17/24
Originally Posted by prairie_goat
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
I don't really bother with the subsonic centerfires.

That's where I'm at too, especially for varmints. Just wasn't seeing that the subsonic heavies were worth the downsides (increased ricochets, increased cost, etc.) over the utility of a rimfire. I had a 17 HMR upper for a while and that was a superb suppressed varmint rig from a terminal performance perspective, but I wasn't quite happy with the upper itself. So a 22 LR it is when going for ultimate quiet and chasing basic raccoon sized varmints.

That all being said these newer expanding subsonic bullets for the Blackout, 7.62x39, and others might make for a better mouse trap. I've used the 190 SUB-X on rabbits thus far at subsonic speeds and they certainly worked.

Originally Posted by rost495
Originally Posted by prairie_goat
Chuck that piece of schit into the Missouri and screw your can onto a 223. Even if a subsonic 300 Blackout is running correctly it's still a rainbow trajectory turd and you might as well have a 22 LR.
Yeah, the 22 hits as hard as a 240 grain subsonic... solid advice there.. and if you can't deal with trajectory of subs in a 300/221 then you have issues. We kill out to 200 really easy with ours and 198 subs....
[Linked Image from media1.tenor.com]

Lehigh has had expanding bullets for years now. Big holes in deer and pigs. Expanded bullets are over an inch wide....
51 4,237 more...
FS: 7mm projectiles gte901m 04/17/24
$90 shipped within the US. PPFF or mail me a check.

82 130 grain Sierra MK
100 139 grain Hornady Interlock
72 140 grain Sierra GK
72 145 grain Speer Boat Tail
37 160 grain Speer Grand Slam
363 total

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
1 315 more...
Re: Plumbing / Pex Question ackleydave 04/17/24
I wired houses in the San Diego area back in the mid to late eighties. Man, there was miles and miles of Quest piping in those houses. I feel sorry for those homeowners.
10 1,097 more...
Gunsmithing Jump to new posts
Re: Wood finishing... Feral_American 04/17/24
Originally Posted by adanac
Originally Posted by Feral_American
BLO cures fairly quickly.

BLO + Japan Drier cures much faster.

Raw linseed oil could take years to cure, if it ever does.

Raw linseed oil is a horrible choice for gun stocks.

Those are the simple facts about linseed oil.

That is what I have always heard, but I'm finding the opposite to be true.

In any case, what do you use to give a stock shine?

You may have a mislabeled or bad batch, of BLO that doesn't contained enough of the metallic drying agents that makes it cure. Add some Japan Drier or try a different brand.

In any case, you're spinning your wheels until you find a way to cure what you have, or strip it back and start over.

I don't do what you're attempting to do, but with a raw stock either maple or walnut I typically stain, then many coats of Tru Oil or BLO + Japan Drier, and then wax. For shine, which it isn't often that I want shine, I use Renaissance Wax and polish to a gloss with a soft cotton cloth.
45 3,559 more...
Savage Collectors Jump to new posts
Re: early D&T'd EG w. a Leupold M8 4X wyo1895 04/17/24
even my binoculars are early 1980 B&L.
didn't have to move the rings. It was at the right distance. Will get out to the range and zero it in if the wind ever dies down. May have to hunt elk with it this season.
14 1,163 more...
Re: Biltong..... MAC 04/17/24
Good stuff. Been making it for years. Got hooked on it in RSA in 1993
41 3,505 more...
Handguns Jump to new posts
Re: I don't know how this happened I don't even like a 9 mm MontanaMan 04/17/24
Originally Posted by Troutnut
Lod of police departments going back to 9mm. Our local sheriff's department went from Glock 22s in 40 to one of the 9mm Glocks

I can't imagine that by far the vast majority of agencies everywhere haven't gone back to the 9mm given the ammo available today.

MM
36 3,652 more...
Re: Water Heater Question Ben_Lurkin 04/17/24
Coming out of a faucet? They do have aerators on them.
18 1,262 more...
Handguns Jump to new posts
Re: .32 Goal Reached Pugs 04/17/24
As an update to this post. The Colt letter arrived today. Mine (and I bet Gary's) was part of a shipment of 400 .32s to the state of Mass on Jan 18 1941. Gary's research found this.

Massachusetts thought they ordered 400 .38's for the State National Guard. Someone in the procurement office screwed up and typed in ".32" instead and nobody caught it. Colt dutifully provided them. Mass tried to renege but Colt "stuck to their guns" and was eventually paid. The guns languished for years in a warehouse until sold as surplus.

How mine ended up in North Pole AK remains a mystery. I think in another post Gary noted his had been bored out to accept .32 H&R by an outfit in AZ that apparently bought a bunch at surplus - Why mine wasn't I have no idea.

Originally Posted by Pugs
So this is interesting. Gary and I were hunting together last week on our family place in KY and we each brought our .32s. His has the Colt-wood grips, mine have wood but otherwise identical and only 65 serial numbers apart! His came from Georgia, mine from Alaska. I sent a request in for a Colt letter. They're running about 150 days but it will be interesting to see what it says. Clearly my serial # search that showed it was a 1950s gun's in error.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
39 6,418 more...
Biltong..... Sharpsman 04/17/24
has more protein in 11 oz than a 5# steak! Easy to make also!
41 3,505 more...
Re: Husqvarna 12g Hammer Gun Mod 20 savage220 04/17/24
Ttt
13 1,069 more...
Re: Doctor says mRNA vaccines “will kill most people” through heart failure Heym06 04/17/24
You want to share where you recieved this information.
164 21,448 more...
Image Gallery Jump to new posts
brass CharlieSisk 04/17/24
brass
0 58 more...
FS: 375 projectiles gte901m 04/17/24
$125 shipped within the US. PPFF or mail me a check.

49 260grain Nosler Partitions
33 260grain Nosler Accubonds
82 total

[Linked Image]
8 797 more...
Page 530 of 606 1 2 528 529 530 531 532 605 606
AX24

598 members (007FJ, 2500HD, 204guy, 222Sako, 12344mag, 160user, 67 invisible), 2,537 guests, and 1,157 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,116
Posts18,464,530
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.