24hourcampfire.com
24hourcampfire.com
-->
Active Threads | Active Posts | Unanswered Today | Since Yesterday | This Week
Hunter's Campfire Jump to new posts
Re: Steve Bannon aint stupid, but he knows GOP voters are. MontanaMarine 04/14/24
At the end of the day, I'm a 2A voter.

The rest of the issues are all fluff.
220 11,967 more...
Handguns Jump to new posts
Re: Glock 17 Full Conceal Mull 04/14/24
Local Shop Had one It Got me To looking. They Where stupid High $1500 .So I Thought..Last Coouple On Gunbroker Went in The $2000-$2200. Range..Think I'll Pass For $2000 I Can Pick Up a Colt..
13 1,351 more...
Ask The Gunwriters Jump to new posts
Re: JB, neck tension question Feral_American 04/14/24
I just do what I've figured out works for us. My Marlin lever guns all run best with hardly any neck tension and a stout crimp applied with a Lee collet crimper. My 300WM loves .002" and a little bit of a crimp with a Lee collet crimper, the 243 and 260 match rifles like .002" tension, no more, no less.
30 3,364 more...
IC B2
Re: Do You Believe the Earth is 6000 Years Old? DBT 04/14/24
Originally Posted by Feral_American
Originally Posted by johnn
Originally Posted by DBT
Originally Posted by DBT
There are several contradictory accounts of the tomb incident.

''There are other discrepancies, but this is enough. I should stress that some of these differences can scarcely be reconciled unless you want to do a lot of imaginative interpretive gymnastics, of the kind fundamentalists love to do, when reading the texts. For example, what does one do with the fact that the women apparently meet different persons at the tomb? In Mark it is one man, in Luke it is two men, and in Matthew it is one angel.

The way this discrepancy is sometimes reconciled,by readers who can’t believe there could be a genuine discrepancy in the text, is by saying that the women actually met two angels at the tomb. Matthew mentions only one of them, but never denies there was a second one; moreover, the angels were in human guise, so Luke claims they were two men; Mark also mistakes the angels as men but mentions only one, not two, without denying there were two. And so the problem is easily solved! But it is solved in a very curious way indeed.

This solution is saying, in effect, that what really happened is what is not narrated by any of the Gospels: for none of them mentions two angels! This way of interpreting the texts does so by writing a new text that is unlike any of the others, so as to reconcile them to one another. You are certainly free to write your own Gospel if that’s what you want to do, but I wonder if that is the best way to interpret the Gospels that you already have.

https://ehrmanblog.org/fuller-account-of-resurrection-discrepancies/

But explain where the body of Jesus went.

We'll wait.......

If the burial account is flawed, so is the rest of the story. A story that was written decades after whatever is described based on stories that were told and retold as the myth grew.

Which is why Paul was not aware of some of the stories of Jesus the man - whom he had never seen in person - that were written in the gospels at a later time.

''No parables of the sheep and the goats, or the prodigal son, or the rich man and Lazarus, or the lost sheep, or the good Samaritan. In fact, no Jesus as teacher at all.

No driving out evil spirits, or healing the invalid at Bethesda, or cleansing the lepers, or raising Lazarus, or other healing miracles. As far as Paul tells us, Jesus performed no miracles at all.

No virgin birth, no Sermon on the Mount, no feeding the 5000, no public ministry, no cleansing the temple, no final words, and no Great Commission. Paul doesn’t even place Jesus within history—there’s nothing to connect Jesus with historical figures like Caesar Augustus, King Herod, or Pontius Pilate.

Perhaps everyone to whom Paul wrote his letters knew all this already? Okay, but presumably they already knew about the crucifixion, and Paul mentions that 13 times. And the resurrection, which Paul mentions 14 times.

Paul indirectly admits that he knew of no Jesus miracles.

Jews demand signs and Greeks look for wisdom, but we preach Christ crucified: a stumbling block to Jews and foolishness to Gentiles (1 Cor. 1:22–3)

Why “a stumbling block”? Jesus did lots of miraculous “signs”—why didn’t Paul convince the Jews with these? Paul apparently didn’t know any.

The Jesus of Paul is not the miracle worker that we see in the Jesus of the gospels.''

https://www.patheos.com/blogs/crossexamined/2012/12/what-did-paul-know-about-jesus-not-much/

One witness said there were two bank robbers.

Another said there were four......

Your argument is because there is confliction among witness testimony the bank robbery never happened.

You are an idiot.

A blithering, drooling, mouth breathing, dumbfuuck idiot......

Do you talk to all your Christian brothers this way?
Or just your campfire bros?

Just drooling, mouth breathing dumbfuuck idiots.

The ones that earn it......

Just look in the mirror and let loose.
492 32,523 more...
Re: Do You Believe the Earth is 6000 Years Old? DBT 04/14/24
Originally Posted by johnn
Originally Posted by DBT
Originally Posted by DBT
There are several contradictory accounts of the tomb incident.

''There are other discrepancies, but this is enough. I should stress that some of these differences can scarcely be reconciled unless you want to do a lot of imaginative interpretive gymnastics, of the kind fundamentalists love to do, when reading the texts. For example, what does one do with the fact that the women apparently meet different persons at the tomb? In Mark it is one man, in Luke it is two men, and in Matthew it is one angel.

The way this discrepancy is sometimes reconciled,by readers who can’t believe there could be a genuine discrepancy in the text, is by saying that the women actually met two angels at the tomb. Matthew mentions only one of them, but never denies there was a second one; moreover, the angels were in human guise, so Luke claims they were two men; Mark also mistakes the angels as men but mentions only one, not two, without denying there were two. And so the problem is easily solved! But it is solved in a very curious way indeed.

This solution is saying, in effect, that what really happened is what is not narrated by any of the Gospels: for none of them mentions two angels! This way of interpreting the texts does so by writing a new text that is unlike any of the others, so as to reconcile them to one another. You are certainly free to write your own Gospel if that’s what you want to do, but I wonder if that is the best way to interpret the Gospels that you already have.

https://ehrmanblog.org/fuller-account-of-resurrection-discrepancies/

But explain where the body of Jesus went.

We'll wait.......

If the burial account is flawed, so is the rest of the story. A story that was written decades after whatever is described based on stories that were told and retold as the myth grew.

Which is why Paul was not aware of some of the stories of Jesus the man - whom he had never seen in person - that were written in the gospels at a later time.

''No parables of the sheep and the goats, or the prodigal son, or the rich man and Lazarus, or the lost sheep, or the good Samaritan. In fact, no Jesus as teacher at all.

No driving out evil spirits, or healing the invalid at Bethesda, or cleansing the lepers, or raising Lazarus, or other healing miracles. As far as Paul tells us, Jesus performed no miracles at all.

No virgin birth, no Sermon on the Mount, no feeding the 5000, no public ministry, no cleansing the temple, no final words, and no Great Commission. Paul doesn’t even place Jesus within history—there’s nothing to connect Jesus with historical figures like Caesar Augustus, King Herod, or Pontius Pilate.

Perhaps everyone to whom Paul wrote his letters knew all this already? Okay, but presumably they already knew about the crucifixion, and Paul mentions that 13 times. And the resurrection, which Paul mentions 14 times.

Paul indirectly admits that he knew of no Jesus miracles.

Jews demand signs and Greeks look for wisdom, but we preach Christ crucified: a stumbling block to Jews and foolishness to Gentiles (1 Cor. 1:22–3)

Why “a stumbling block”? Jesus did lots of miraculous “signs”—why didn’t Paul convince the Jews with these? Paul apparently didn’t know any.

The Jesus of Paul is not the miracle worker that we see in the Jesus of the gospels.''

https://www.patheos.com/blogs/crossexamined/2012/12/what-did-paul-know-about-jesus-not-much/

One witness said there were two bank robbers.

Another said there were four......

Your argument is because there is confliction among witness testimony the bank robbery never happened.

You are an idiot.

A blithering, drooling, mouth breathing, dumbfuuck idiot......

Do you talk to all your Christian brothers this way?
Or just your campfire bros?

He is one of those who gets upset and lashes out like a child whenever his beliefs are questioned.
492 32,523 more...
Re: 357 Magnum just about dead MOGC 04/14/24
Originally Posted by Woodpecker
The 357 mag steps into sort of another league out of carbine length barrels. This is especially true if you reload and are picky with your bullets. I’ve loaded a couple rifles year ago with everything from 2400, H110 and RE7 and can tell you the package is an honest deer rifle from 100 yds to a bit more. Some rifle cranks I’ve known swear a hot loaded 357 carbine delivers enough energy even to 150 yds. I knew these older men, knew their experience and believed them.

Now there are all kinds of people who will swear with no actual physical proof that the S&W K frames can’t handle 40-45K of pressure but the old US Border Patrol used to put 30K stiff rounds through their 19’s, year after year. I realize the famous Jim Jordan shot a model 27 N farme but if you ever saw the size of his hands the 27 looked like a J frame. So if you’re the type the shoots this kind of regimen in your K frames then I guess the L frame is your ticket. Same grip size but heavier frame and yoke. This was factory’s answer to the buying public’s fear of worn out worthless K frames, believe it or not. When I was in the business about 60-70% of my work load was revolvers and especially K frames. I took care of rental guns at two indoor ranges and have seen my share of abused handguns including cracked Sig 9mm frames, and yes cracked K frames in way of the barrel threads but not that common. Otherwise K frames with lots of work at high pressure loads do stretch. It’s actually pressure related frame distortion originating from the top strap. So you’ll get varying degrees of end shake but this is far from the death of the gun, depending on measurements. Any decent mechanic can tighten the revolver up again and a new lease on life.

Rick

Bill Jordan is credited with pitching the idea of a K-frame .357 to S&W. Bill Jordan worked with S&W to design the Combat Magnum .357 K-frame. This was later named Model 19 when S&W began numbering their models. Jordan carried and used the K-frame on duty and in his shooting exhibitions. Skeeter Skelton carried a 5" Model 27 N-frame for much of his career. Maybe that is who you were thinking of.
133 12,762 more...
Re: Shadow Systems Mull 04/14/24
Had A Couple.The Last DR 920 I Had Would Flat Shoot..Like Most Has Said.Their Everthing a Glock Should Be...
5 589 more...
Re: I need prayers please. Huntingfool270 04/14/24
Prayers from the whole family in Bakersfield for your family and healing
67 3,548 more...
A WarRoom Special The Coup d'etat Saturday SupFoo 04/14/24
1 478 more...
Re: Gun Show Find geedubya 04/14/24
Originally Posted by WMR
Thank you. Knives, for me are all about lines and proportions. Lots of good craftsmen out there, but some produce works of art. It’s hard to describe, but when one is “right”, it’s right. And that one’s right.

Rick does some good stuff.

You might check the Menefee knives thread in that forum.

ya!

GWB
91 8,240 more...
IC B3
Re: I need prayers please. Ringman 04/14/24
Got it.
67 3,548 more...
Free Classifieds Jump to new posts
Re: Free Youth Hunting Coat Feral_American 04/14/24
Originally Posted by jc189
I'll take it for my grandson

It's his. It'll be on the way Monday.
11 789 more...
Re: Fox News local_dirt 04/14/24
Originally Posted by flintlocke
Only takes me one mug of tea to cruise the headlines of Wash. Times, Gateway Pundit (yeah, I know, but they get a lot of Jimmy Olson scoops first), Western Journal, American Thinker, Breitbart, Daily Caller, Reason (like to keep up on the libertarians), and lastly...gulp...the Daily Mail to see what mischief the enemy is stirring up. The popular mantra is, 'so goes California, the rest eventually follow' on the road to Marxism. The reality is, California follows Great Britain...hence The Daily Mail as distasteful as it may be.

Not a bad lineup. And I peruse The Daily Mail, myself.
39 3,202 more...
Re: 1860 Army with .45 conversion cylinder wildhobbybobby 04/14/24
Not an 1860, but to answer your question about point of impact changes with a conversion cylinder, I have a Ruger Old Army with fixed sights that shoots POA very nicely with the percussion cylinder and round balls. I bought a conversion cylinder in .45 Colt, and it shoots just over a foot higher than POA at 25 yards with .45 Colt ammunition with 250 grain bullets. It took most of the joy out of having the conversion cylinder for me.
16 3,016 more...
Re: Fox News DMc 04/14/24
Thanks Johnny, Looks interesting.
39 3,202 more...
Re: I'm Convinced We're Being Played.... CoalCracker 04/14/24
Originally Posted by OSU_Sig
Land costs, based on location, is among the largest variables in building. You failed to mention that. You also seem to want to define capitalism through inflation. I'm no economist but you're going to need to explain that to me.

Here is a simple definition of Capitalism. "Capitalism is often thought of as an economic system in which private actors own and control property in accord with their interests, and demand and supply freely set prices in markets in a way that can serve the best interests of society. The essential feature of capitalism is the motive to make a profit." Inflation happens in every economic system. Like you, I don't like inflation and how it has diminished the value of the dollar but you can't blame that on Capitalism.

How can you say I failed to mention location? I used the word "location" multiple times, but this post is not about location. That's my whole point. It's about the ridiculous prices of housing and construction costs in the U.S. no matter the location. Land costs? It's a frickin' 5,200 sq. ft. lot in NC! I would bet the materials used to build that house in Ecuador would cost more than the $275k asking price in the U.S. without even bringing location into the equation.

Do you truly believe the part I bolded in your quote exists today in America?

Capitalism, in its most basic form, is all about supply and demand.

I respectfully submit:

There is not, or doesn't need to be, a REAL shortage of land.
There is not, or doesn't need to be, a REAL shortage of fossil fuel.
There is not, or doesn't need to be, a REAL shortage of electric energy.
There is not, or doesn't need to be, a REAL shortage of lumber.
There is not, or doesn't need to be, a REAL shortage of bricks, concrete and cement.
There is not, or doesn't need to be, a REAL shortage of steel.
There is not, or doesn't need to be, a REAL shortage of beef.
There is not, or doesn't need to be, a REAL shortage of chicken.
There is not, or doesn't need to be, a REAL shortage of eggs.
There is not, or doesn't need to be, a REAL shortage of grain.
There is not, or doesn't need to be, a REAL shortage of milk.
There is not, or doesn't need to be, a REAL shortage of medicine.
Etc.
Etc.
Etc.

To the extent that these and other necessities are in short supply, it is not because of capitalism. It's fake. It is because the azzholes running the world are making it so. It's for us to figure out who they are, what they are doing and how to stop them.

We are being played.
96 8,080 more...
Free Classifieds Jump to new posts
Re: RL-26 Price??? Hesp 04/14/24
I found I can get virtually the same velocity in my 6.5-06 using Nosler 140gr AB, with Ramshot Magnum, instead of Rel 26.
23 1,692 more...
Re: Avocados from Mexico local_dirt 04/14/24
Originally Posted by Valsdad
Originally Posted by local_dirt
Originally Posted by Valsdad
Originally Posted by local_dirt
I've got 3 properties with avocado trees, so have an endless supply.
got any coconut trees?

flave's son will climb them and get you a coconut I hear.

No coconut trees. I've met Flave's son. Good kid. And yes, he's fully capable.

Funny you mentioned Coconut. That's the handle I hung on him. Lol.
After watching the kid climb to get one for flave's pina colada (or whatever it was) Coconut seems like an appropriate nickname.

I hope the kid is successful in his chosen work.

He joined the Army, Geno. Kicked ass in Basic, looked like.
71 4,965 more...
Re: Fox News Morewood 04/14/24
To hell with Fox News. I just watched a PPV UFC fight on Johnny's link.
39 3,202 more...
The Lefty Forum Jump to new posts
Re: Quite a few nice customs on GB MisterFurious 04/14/24
Some really nice ones there. Also some ridiculous and pointless wildcats.
8 981 more...
Gunsmithing Jump to new posts
Re: Gunsmith Rant Craigster 04/14/24
The woods are full of them.
62 6,624 more...
Re: As Missiles Fall On Israel, Iran Says Retaliation Is "Concluded" & Warns US To "Stay Away" Jackson_Handy 04/14/24
Tribal desert folk doing what they've done for thousands of years.

Who gives a fùck? The Israel obsession is unreal.
157 13,180 more...
Re: Do ya miss Mr. Flave? Slavek 04/14/24
Originally Posted by CashisKing
I does...

Yes....🥴😵‍💫🤢🤮
131 10,141 more...
Re: Gun Show Find WMR 04/14/24
Thank you. Knives, for me are all about lines and proportions. Lots of good craftsmen out there, but some produce works of art. It’s hard to describe, but when one is “right”, it’s right. And that one’s right.
91 8,240 more...
Re: Wyoming Woof Dude Fallout add 04/14/24
Guy was an azzhole.

Hopefully they make an example out of his behavior.
41 3,884 more...
Page 537 of 635 1 2 535 536 537 538 539 634 635
AX24

677 members (1_deuce, 1beaver_shooter, 1eyedmule, 1minute, 10ring1, 1lessdog, 62 invisible), 3,047 guests, and 1,338 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,698
Posts18,456,710
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.