-->
Active Threads | Active Posts | Unanswered Today | Since Yesterday | This Week
Free Classifieds Jump to new posts
Re: FS - Remington CDL SF Limited - .280 remingtonclassic 04/18/24
Detachable mag?Blued Walnut
29 2,903 more...
Hunter's Campfire Jump to new posts
Re: PERSPECTIVES REGARDING LEAD BANS Heym06 04/18/24
I might be able to understand bird refuge bans, but not in big game hunting. Shotguns spread lead across a large area, when thousands of shotgun lead is spread in a small area, birds might eat it like gravel. Big game in the woods or desert and a single bullet misses it's target, is just stupid to think it's doing any damage. YMMV. Keep the lead.
34 2,292 more...
Re: FS - Remington CDL SF Limited - .280 Teeder 04/18/24
Originally Posted by remingtonclassic
I have 2 stainless 7mm-08 Mt,Rifles,As new 99%,But already have one of these on a 280

I'm looking for the old walnut bdl style, but thanks for the bump.
29 2,903 more...
IC B2
Handguns Jump to new posts
Re: Need help & suggestions on a S&W revolver. GunGeek 04/18/24
Reading comprehension seems to be lacking here. He did change the mainspring, and then he found a damaged firing pin.
21 2,282 more...
Re: PERSPECTIVES REGARDING LEAD BANS asheepdog 04/18/24
They can't be too worried since they cant recycle those batteries from the electrical cars, nor can they recycle the solar panels and windmills blades so they All get buried! I would venture to say that has quite a bit more impact on wildlife than the few lead bullets I expend each year while hunting. They don't seem to care about all the birds being killed by their windmills either.
34 2,292 more...
Re: Iran getting lit up in next 24 to 48 hrs? Hastings 04/18/24
Israel needs to stay there until they catch every single participant in that attack, every single participant in planning or even with prior knowledge of that attack, every single person that in any way contributed to the digging of those tunnels or knew that foreign aid money was being diverted to tunnels, every single person that in any capacity built the weapons that have been fired into Israel or that diverted money to that purpose. Israel cannot allow killers or their comrades in arms to live free, preferably they should not live.

I cannot imagine why Israel is being so lenient in this case. Our USA faced a murderous, lawless bunch of terrorists in the settling of this country and wiped them out.
375 28,357 more...
Savage Collectors Jump to new posts
Re: How Rare Are 1899 Short Rifles? Calhoun 04/18/24
I don't believe there were enough leftover 1895 forearms to account for what is likely hundreds or more of very early 1899's with that style forearm.

I think that was just Savage's first forearm style, that they dropped pretty quickly.

We should do a thread looking for 10.xxx-12.xxx serial numbered rifles that don't have that type of forearm.

I have 10.1xx that also has the 1895 style forearm, 11.5xx that has an 1899 forearm (but it shipped late), and a 12.1xx 1899C that has an 1899 forearm (Rick, that was that "trapper" gun I had at Tulsa).
28 2,649 more...
Re: FS Williams Fool Proof Receiver Sight PHWILLIE 04/18/24
btt
16 1,184 more...
Re: PERSPECTIVES REGARDING LEAD BANS smallfry 04/18/24
Keep the lead, keep the choice. CEB is piss’n up a rope getting into this. Good luck.
34 2,292 more...
Re: Dickey Betts rejoins the Allman Brothers Higginez 04/18/24
Only time I saw him he was so F’d up he couldn’t finish the second set. Ended up being a Warren Hayes show which kinda redeemed it.

Eat A Peach Mr. Betts.
44 2,897 more...
IC B3
Custom Rifles & Wildcats Jump to new posts
Re: Trying to decide Rem 700 ? CGPAUL 04/18/24
I know what you mean..My original HP rifle was a 40X in 308. Done shooting HP, went to some PRS, and local LR matches..pulled the 308 barrel, the third one of that cal. on the action, went to a 250AI for that shooting, worked well. Then I took a break from the comp stuff, and the rifle just sat in the safe for a few years.
Finally said "Hell", pulled er apart couple months ago...she now has a 7mm barrel and the 708 chamber. Working up loads as we speak..
BTB, I do also have a 5x57 on a 98 that I dearly love. That rifle has brung home lots of bacon.

Good Luck
2 454 more...
Re: Any Good News Tonight? 1minute 04/18/24
Originally Posted by tikkanut
Originally Posted by wabigoon
Just That? A nice day here in NW Iowa.

woke up breathin'

Wind blew like always at 24 mph all day

Need a WY windsock

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

GPS equipped cow? What's the objective?
22 1,551 more...
Hunting Optics Jump to new posts
Re: NightForce SHV ronc 04/18/24
Originally Posted by Ghostman
Originally Posted by shinbone
For shooting hogs “in very dim light”, I’d be looking for something with an objective lens larger than 42mm.

Objective size never trumps lens and lens coating quality, nor ones knowledge and ability to properly adjust a scope for optimum performance in low light situations!

Tell me more, please, on a larger objecive lens with the same coating does not have an advantage on on a smaller lens with equal coating in a low light scenaro?
61 8,990 more...
Savage Collectors Jump to new posts
Re: S99 41 Magnum missedbycracky 04/18/24
Mini update. Assembled enough parts to begin testing. Some cartridges bind up between guide and cutoff when attempting to load chamber. I am reluctant to change guide, because I like how it supports this short case to prevent dropout during extraction, so I will work on cutoff next. I have a couple styles to try before I get the grinder out.
20 2,487 more...
Re: Rand Paul speaks, will Trump listen? MAC 04/18/24
Originally Posted by VaHunter
This is not a fight we need to have now. Let's win this election, the Presidency, the House and the Senate and then we can deal with the speaker.

Agreed. Change speakers after the election. Simple.
52 3,398 more...
Re: An economical grocery getter for someone. Houston_2 04/18/24
Originally Posted by EdM
Supercharged no less.

Thinking that with traction control it should run well below the 12s.
22 2,089 more...
PERSPECTIVES REGARDING LEAD BANS CanadianLefty 04/18/24
I just received an email that contained the link and below information. Interesting....

PERSPECTIVES REGARDING LEAD BANS
Something interesting we’ve noticed since attending IWA in Germany is the difference in attitude regarding banning lead in the US and Europe. In the US, banning lead bullets is viewed as a political subject. There is much talk about how banning lead is an attempt by the Democrats to control gun owners. In Europe, there is not much talk about lead bullets being banned for political reasons. Instead, this ban is viewed as a genuine concern for public health and the betterment of wildlife preservation.

We’re not here to discuss political matters. We only wish to discuss the facts about the danger of lead to hunters and their families.
Cutting Edge Bullets Perspectives on Lead with photos
34 2,292 more...
Hunting Rifles Jump to new posts
Estimated value of a kimber Adirondack in 300 bo. Burleyboy 04/18/24
I bought a new kimber Adirondack in 300 bo in about 2017. It had light primer strikes so I put a wolf spring in and cleared that up. It also didn't feed well so I put the spring and follower from a 700 fireball in and it feeds great. I worked up loads with 120g Barnes tac x bullets at about 2250 fps and they're sub moa. We took it as a backup rifle on my kids hunts last year but didn't use it as he prefers his ar in 300 hamr.

The kimber has a 16" light barrel with a hammer flared and threaded muzzle. It's in excellent shape and shoots well now. I recently picked up a model 7 aac in 300 bo that I'm more comfortable with letting my kids pack around so I'm thinking of selling the kimber Adirondack. I know they weren't common in 300 bo and I saw 1 sell a few years ago during the madness for $3500. I know they're not likely bringing near that now but wonder what I might be able to get for it. Thinking about selling before the new "guidelines" take effect.

Bb
3 671 more...
Re: Turning F 16s into drones at Elgin earlybrd 04/18/24
🚂🚂
91 6,260 more...
Turkey Hunting Jump to new posts
Re: First bird of 24 earlybrd 04/18/24
Hell ya👍
8 574 more...
Handguns Jump to new posts
Re: J frames calling my name… cv540 04/18/24
Depends on use. If you plan to carry a bunch the 2 inch 60 is great in stainless.

But hard to beat the 36 with the bluing, a classic S&W if anything is. I would try to research the serial number of the 36, and see when it was made, if made in the 50 or 60s grab it.

I have a couple J frames that get carried more often than anything else.
45 5,989 more...
Re: Iran getting lit up in next 24 to 48 hrs? earlybrd 04/18/24
Originally Posted by 260Remguy
Originally Posted by Crash_Pad
Originally Posted by Hastings
Originally Posted by Dixie_Rebel
God bless Israel.

I hope they destroy Hamas and all who support them once and for all!
Why?
Does not Hamas have exterminating the Jews as their goal? If not what is their policy vis a vis the Jews?

No. But Israel was founded on genocide and expulsion some 80 years ago. The majority of Israelis are vocally in favor of it still. Nothing has changed. Hamas has defeated Zionism. From the river to the sea was Likud/netanyahu’s rallying cry. Now it means Palestine will be free. Gaza is their prison still. But it is the graveyard of racist brutality by Israel.

Israel came to be because the British promised the Jewish People a homeland in Palestine via the Balfour Declaration in 1917. Palestine was part of the Ottoman empire before it came under British control via a League of Nations mandate. The Arab people who lived there weren't politically independent/autonomous until Palestine was divided by the United Nations via Resolution 181 on 11/29/1947. The Arab Palestinians rejected the UN resolution and resolved to drive the Jews out of Palestine. The Jews accepted the UN resolution and resolved to live in peace with the Arabs, but the Arabs have never been willing to live in peace with the Jews and have fought multiple wars with Israel in an attempt to destroy Israel.

Face it, the Israelis are just better in every way than the Arabs, so the Arabs need to find a way to accept Israel and learn to live in peace with the Jews.

I hope that the Israelis get their hostages back no matter how many Gazans have to die before Hamas will return the hostages and surrender. Israel has to destroy Hamas and their ability to make war against Israel. The Government of Israel is obligated to do whatever they need to do to rescue the hostages and I hope that they use every weapon in the arsenal that will save the lives of the Israeli soldiers in Gaza. From my POV, Hamas is reaping the destruction that they have chosen to sow.
Yes
375 28,357 more...
Re: Iran getting lit up in next 24 to 48 hrs? 260Remguy 04/18/24
God bless Israel.

Why?
Does not Hamas have exterminating the Jews as their goal? If not what is their policy vis a vis the Jews?

No. But Israel was founded on genocide and expulsion some 80 years ago. The majority of Israelis are vocally in favor of it still. Nothing has changed. Hamas has defeated Zionism. From the river to the sea was Likud/netanyahu’s rallying cry. Now it means Palestine will be free. Gaza is their prison still. But it is the graveyard of racist brutality by Israel.

Israel came to be because the British promised the Jewish People a homeland in Palestine via the Balfour Declaration in 1917. Palestine was part of the Ottoman empire before it came under British control via a League of Nations mandate. The Arab people who lived there weren't politically independent/autonomous until Palestine was divided by the United Nations via Resolution 181 on 11/29/1947. The Arab Palestinians rejected the UN resolution and resolved to drive the Jews out of Palestine. The Jews accepted the UN resolution and resolved to live in peace with the Arabs, but the Arabs have never been willing to live in peace with the Jews and have fought multiple wars with Israel in an attempt to destroy Israel.

Face it, the Israelis are just better in every way than the Arabs, so the Arabs need to find a way to accept Israel and learn to live in peace with the Jews.

I hope that the Israelis get their hostages back no matter how many Gazans have to die before Hamas will return the hostages and surrender. Israel has to destroy Hamas and their ability to make war against Israel. The Government of Israel is obligated to do whatever they need to do to rescue the hostages and I hope that they use every weapon in the arsenal that will save the lives of the Israeli soldiers in Gaza. From my POV, Hamas is reaping the destruction that they have chosen to sow.
375 28,357 more...
Canada Jump to new posts
Re: RIP Klaus Hiptmayer Canadian Gunsmith PennDog 04/18/24
Originally Posted by AcesNeights
You did a great job on that beautiful rifle and I know it was a true labor of love. The countless hours you spent painstakingly sanding and oiling it paid off in the finished product and I’m sure that your father and Klaus were smiling down while you worked…and worried…and worked…

I do hope that you take it elk hunting and use it as your dad once used it, to put meat on the table. It’s a beautiful rifle that has tremendous sentimental value to you but its value increases exponentially every time you go afield and make more memories with it. I’m sure both your dad and Klaus would want you to enjoy it in the most practical of ways….hunting!

All my best to you my friend!

Ditto KB!!

Thanks for the additional pic of the butt - I may have to incorporate that in a rifle or two down the road!

PennDog
17 1,788 more...
Re: Iran getting lit up in next 24 to 48 hrs? Hastings 04/18/24
God bless Israel.

Why?

I've got to wonder if you are for real or maybe just having fun making completely ridiculous claims. Maybe you enjoy stirring up us Indians?
375 28,357 more...
Page 555 of 602 1 2 553 554 555 556 557 601 602
AX24

359 members (1Longbow, 1lesfox, 163bc, 01Foreman400, 12344mag, 160user, 31 invisible), 2,751 guests, and 959 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,282
Posts18,467,767
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.