24hourcampfire.com
24hourcampfire.com
-->
Active Threads | Active Posts | Unanswered Today | Since Yesterday | This Week
Rimfires Jump to new posts
Re: 17 Mach 2.... ? dukxdog 04/14/24
I have a Volquartsen Summit straight pull carbon barreled 17hm2 and a CZ 452 American.

I shoot Eley and Speer ammo.

Favorite rifles.
38 3,052 more...
Hunter's Campfire Jump to new posts
Re: F-ck your feelings lol Beretta_Shooter916 04/14/24
Where can one purchase one of these???
56 4,755 more...
Re: FDR and the Japanese Attack on Pearl Harbor cra1948 04/14/24
The politicians always want war. It’s what makes them rich.
60 3,985 more...
IC B2
Re: Georgia gunshow Jericho 04/14/24
The good old days at the gun shows are over
15 1,334 more...
Re: F-ck your feelings lol 700LTR 04/14/24
🥃👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻
56 4,755 more...
Re: F-ck your feelings lol stxhunter 04/14/24
Thanks, I'm happy with this one. I'm getting there on that quest for perfection, maybe before I die, lol.
56 4,755 more...
Lost Husky finds new family Irving_D 04/14/24
The pup wandered off so the owners tried to find him using a drone according to the news story
11 1,096 more...
Re: F-ck your feelings lol EMoore 04/14/24
👍👍👍
56 4,755 more...
Hunting Rifles Jump to new posts
Re: Today's Local Gun Show Story Elkhunter49 04/14/24
That's a very interesting tale. I'm glad that rifle found it's way home. Thanks for sharing sir!
15 2,230 more...
Ask The Gunwriters Jump to new posts
Re: JB, neck tension question Swifty52 04/14/24
Originally Posted by Steve Redgwell
Originally Posted by flintlocke
I'm not a gunwriter obviously, and certainly no expert...but I did pursue the neck tension variable some years back when dabbling in benchrest competition.
My conclusion such as it was...no conclusion. Uniformity was all that seemed to matter. Bench shooters at the time, tended to hand seated bullets at very low tension...as low as 5#...BUT...they were all seating at jam depth, which IMO pretty much negated pull tension. I did further live fire testing with .30-06...from 30# pull of Fed Gold Medal Match to a whopping 160# pull on GI M-2 Armor Piercing. Why did I select weight sorted AP? It was the most accurate of any ammo in my model 70 bullgun.
IMO, neck pull is a very thin slice of the accuracy pie. Much bigger slices can be found in bullets, case uniformity, straightness and uniform primers.
Maybe the more modern F class shooters have an updated opinion.

I would agree with you about neck tension. Early in my shooting career, the old sweats would tell me that light bullet tension was preferrable because when seating the bullet, the camming of the bolt would allow the bullet to seat to the same point on the ogive. Neck tension was more important, as far as they were concerned, when hunting. You don't want to jam the bullet into the rifling in case you had to extract. I've never experimented with trying to jam a hunting bullet into the rifling in a way that caused it to stick. smile I wouldn't want to.

For my 7.62x51s, 222s and 303s with good barrels, I size the brass 0.001 to 0.002 inches so that the bullets can move deeper into the case, should they need to. 0.002 to 0.003 for my hunting rifles. Is doing this a guarantee of small groups? Well, my target rifles all seemed to do better touching the rifling. But loading for this has always been different than putting a moose load together.

One thing is for sure, what method works best can cause some heated debates.

Lol, saw more than one BR get put out of the match due to extraction where powder dumped into the trigger group. Had quite a few whos matra was dont extract just shoot it. More than one said they were jamming 10-15 thou on a soft seat.
30 3,370 more...
IC B3
Re: F-ck your feelings lol jc189 04/14/24
👍 very Nice.
56 4,755 more...
Re: F-ck your feelings lol add 04/14/24
You need a makers mark at the ricasso if you continue down this road.
56 4,755 more...
Re: F-ck your feelings lol TheLastLemming76 04/14/24
Nice work. The base profile loots about perfect for an all around hunting knife.
56 4,755 more...
Deer Hunting Jump to new posts
Re: Deer Crossing Sign johnw 04/14/24
9 1,287 more...
Re: F-ck your feelings lol Jim_Conrad 04/14/24
Beauty!
56 4,755 more...
Re: F-ck your feelings lol FatCity67 04/14/24
Well done.
56 4,755 more...
Free Classifieds Jump to new posts
Re: Price check. remington 700 30-06 LundyLundy 04/14/24
Originally Posted by persiandog
Originally Posted by LundyLundy
You might be better off to find a wood stock for it and then sell the magpul separately.

Is that originally one of the heavy barrel long range versions?

how can i tell ?

A call to Remington might provide some answers on what it was originally built as. Also the barrel stamp would help narrow down the month/year it was made

I have a 25-06 long range with an RR action that looks very similar without the magpul and they offered the long range in 30-06 at the time as well. This would only be relevant if it’s a heavy barrel, I can’t quite tell from the pics but it appears it might be.
27 1,774 more...
Re: AR Stuff -Daniel Defense, Magpul mow1954 04/14/24
Up please
4 609 more...
Re: Romancing the electrical tape dye7barrel 04/14/24
Originally Posted by DigitalDan
Eats rodents mostly around here.

So, liberals are terrified of them?
Amen
14 1,655 more...
Re: F-ck your feelings lol earlybrd 04/14/24
👍👍
56 4,755 more...
Re: Judman 12344mag 04/14/24
Oh Yeah.

Originally Posted by Eric308
I'm voting for Biden,
Originally Posted by Eric308
the AR15 is a soulless weapon for feckless people.
Originally Posted by CowboyTim
Yes, I voted for Biden,
Originally Posted by JimFromTN
I voted for Biden
Originally Posted by gahuntertom
I am a 75 year old life long Republican. Last week I early voted for Biden, sometime when you hire some one they don't work out, that's the way I look at Trump.
Originally Posted by abbydog
As I said I voted Republican far more than democrat. Just couldn’t vote for this guy.
Originally Posted by northwestalaska: AKA Walter Maslen
And the base goes into a feeding frenzy as Clinton wins in a landslide-Thanks Donald![/b]
Originally Posted by SAcharlie
Trump fought against the vaccine because he knew that's what his base of dumbasses were easiest to be hoodwinked on.
Joe has been working to save those dumbasses, that I hate to say.
Originally Posted by SAcharlie
No, Biden is clearing up the chaos caused by Trump.
Originally Posted by Jeff_O
You guys are comical in your fear of Obama. He's not gonna go after your guns. The Dems have learned their lesson on that one.
No, I voted against the incumbent
Biden is a mush-brained geriatric. I agree. Trump is worse.
Anyone who still thinks the election was stolen after all that’s come out proving otherwise at this point is a complete idiot.
Originally Posted by MS9x56
Where are the moderators?
Originally Posted by funnybone
Because I don`t like trump does not make me anything other than anti trump.
Being anti trump does not make me anti Republican.
Originally Posted by funnybone
Well I`ll say DEATH TO MAGA!!! May the ex president and traitor be convicted and spend the rest of his life in prison.
Originally Posted by Aagaardsporter
Getting vaccinated is not a political issue, or a freedoms issue, it is a public health issue.
Originally Posted by jdollar
I consider anyone that is refusing the vaccine as stupid. It’s free insurance against a potentially fatal disease.
Originally Posted by Wrapids
fuck trump, all that needs be said
Originally Posted by Rangersedge
I don't think either Trump nor DeSantis is the best choice. I'm kind of liking Nikki Haley.
Originally Posted by jbmi
After all these years I can pick a phony pretty easily, and the biggest one so far is Donald Duck.
He thinks more of his ego than his country, can't accept losing, even when told so my his inner circle and the courts.
Thinks the Constitution is for others, not him, why else would he encourage a Insurrection and make such a damning statement about the safety of his Vice.
The guy is a looser, will do what I can to see anyone else win in 24, ANYONE !!!
Originally Posted by outahere AKA oregoncoot
Trump has convinced me his moral foundations are flexible enough to be non-existent. A liar who is telling you what you want to hear is still a larr.
Originally Posted by tylerw02
But idiots give Trump a pass for being a human piece of [bleep] because they like him.
Originally Posted by 99guy
The only fair election for Trump and the Trump Mafia and his gang of jack booting brown shirts is the one they win.

I will vote for any Republican candidate on the ticket, but not for that buffoon.

He's finished.
Originally Posted by DesertMuleDeer
Outside of Trump’s getting some appointees into the Supreme Court, we would have likely been better off if Hillary had won 2016.

Originally Posted by DesertMuleDeer
I suspect history will be kind to Pence.

He stood between a sociopathic president, who was trying to steal the election, and our democracy and sacrificed his political career to save the democracy. I'm no Biden fan but am pretty sure he actually won the election.
Originally Posted by Sycamore
Trump is an obnoxious, self-promoting prick.
Originally Posted by losttrail60
He looks MAGA to me.
Originally Posted by Adamjp
Some of the amendments are not worth what some people think they are.

Society changes, so too does the interpretation of the amendments to the Constitution.
Originally Posted by Tarquin
DJT gave us Biden and Harris. Make no mistake about it.
Originally Posted by Tarquin
I didn't vote against Trump. I didn't vote period.
Originally Posted by CanadianLefty
glysophate causes cancer. It's called the farmer's disease.
Originally Posted by Theo Gallus
I wish I could get snubbed by a bunch morons whose common denominator is licking Trumps a$$.

Oh, wait, I already have – here.
Originally Posted by BrigGeneralSTU
I got the shot, did it for my country and am proud. Getting the shot is the most patriotic thing you can do.
Originally Posted by marksman1941
Oh christ, we have to deal with this [bleep] [bleep] again? Biden sucks donkey dick, but I can't imagine another 4 years listening to Trumps idiotic ramblings a pot stirring. The dude is a grade A [bleep], and I've never understood how some of you fangirl so hard over him.
Originally Posted by Tesoro
Fuck Trump. DeSantis 2024 or antbody else
Originally Posted by Tesoro
I'd live in Oregon any day before MO. At least here if my grandaughter gets raped by a retarded black ghetto rat, she can opt to remove that demon from her belly.
Originally Posted by CopperSolid
The issue with Trump, is that he is a narcissistic, ignoramus piece of schit,
Originally Posted by GrouseChaser
Trump is about 2 months from an ankle bracelet. IMHO. Buckle up, Buttercup!
Originally Posted by BuzzH
Too bad most of the trailer trash that voted for Trump aren't smart enough to also take advantage...they should learn to invest instead of spending their money on maga trucker hats, nascar tickets, and driving to trump rallies.
Originally Posted by Judman
PS, if you think Trump is “good” you’re way stupider than I thought! Haha
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by CopperSolid
but it seems as though Trump's. And his non-stopping retarded followers. Don't you think?
That sounds like Trump...he never built the wall he promised.
Originally Posted by humdinger
Trump has no clue on manufacturing or international companies and screwed anyone in that business.
He caused major layoffs and supply chain disruptions to the point we couldn't build product.
I stand by my opinion the republican's need to bring a good candidate to fix all the damage trump left behind. He was setting up the supply chain mess before Covid was even an issue.
Originally Posted by Hubert
there needs to be a monitor to stop all this BS from the children on the 24 HR CF. please git rid of the name callers. and clean off the trash from here.. THANK YOU..
Originally Posted by Rolly
He deserves an indictment. Sorry but he swore an oath to uphold the Constitution. He wanted to and tried to get his supporters to overthrow our government.
Originally Posted by Rolly
I am tired of Trump and the Marjorie Taylor Green, and Kari Lake BS era. We need to move on!
Originally Posted by 16bore
Trump, the useful idiot....
Originally Posted by humdinger
I regret voting for the guy the way he behaves.
Originally Posted by hunter13
We’re loving it. The orange, bloviating pig is going to prison.
Originally Posted by 700LH
Same idea with all of these Anti-Vax conspiracy freaks eating animal dewormer............laffin
Originally Posted by 700LH
Go to a moderated forum to ask such a question if you want good answers
Originally Posted by aether_tech
Go fuck your MAGA hat, go worship your false god. Kindly, take that one single brain cell you have, and maybe try to find it a friend?
Originally Posted by BlueLk
I want the orange fat c#cksucker to die a slow painful death
Originally Posted by RHOD
Donald Trump should be in jail.
Originally Posted by WarAdmiral
Trump has a better chance of being ass-raped in prison than becoming president again.
Originally Posted by jetjockey
I’m sure when you look at your 401k you can’t help but think how well it’s doing under Biden
Originally Posted by jetjockey
I was kind of hoping to vote for Christie or Haley,
13 1,793 more...
Re: F-ck your feelings lol ol_mike 04/14/24
Damn Right !!!!!!!
56 4,755 more...
for sale or trade ----------- various powders. SE Michigan CJC73 04/14/24
Consolidating my powders and getting rid of ones I won't use.

Trade for:
N570/540
H4350
RL17

SE Michigan, near Auburn Hills

4# - IMR4350. $220
1# - Magpro. $40
2# - IMR4955. $110
3# - Retumbo. $180
1# - CFE223. $40
1# - Win760. $40
2# - H380. $75
5 614 more...
Re: Iran launches drone attack gonehuntin 04/14/24
There was peace when Pres. Trump was in the Oval Office. The Biden flacks bragged that "the adults were in charge" when PedoBiden was fraudently installed as POTUS. The evidence is that the worst social misfits in America have infested the White House. PedoBiden's flaky cabinet of queers and every kind of moral deviant that can be found are a complete joke in the international community. Nobody respects PedoBiden or his henchmen. I place all of this on Joe Biden, he's in over his head and he knows it.
103 8,068 more...
Re: Judman 12344mag 04/14/24
Originally Posted by ol_mike
We LOVE the LIST !!!!
Crudman big mad?

Lol, he mad at me.
13 1,793 more...
Page 558 of 635 1 2 556 557 558 559 560 634 635
AX24

423 members (10gaugemag, 1beaver_shooter, 12344mag, 17CalFan, 10gaugeman, 19rabbit52, 49 invisible), 2,537 guests, and 1,178 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,713
Posts18,456,982
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.