24hourcampfire.com
24hourcampfire.com
-->
Active Threads | Active Posts | Unanswered Today | Since Yesterday | This Week
The Lefty Forum Jump to new posts
Re: First Lefty Rifle - Input Wanted bsa1917hunter 04/12/24
I'd get the Tikka T3x lite, or the roughtech. The lite is way more economical than the Roughtech. The Roughtech stock is exactly the same as the T3x stock, but with a coating on it. If you wanted a coating on the T3X stock, you could paint it yourself. I bought a Roughtech stock on ebay for $79.99 with free shipping, but good luck getting one for that price now, and a left hand roughtech stock may be nonexistent.

For what you are describing, though, I'd just buy the T3x. The Bergara is going to be much heavier, and probably not even as accurate/precise. I wouldn't buy a CA Messa either, they are hit and miss. I'd buy a Ridgeline over a Messa, but that may just be me. I'd also probably buy a Left hand Ruger 77, or Winchester model 70, before any of your choices, besides the Tikka... Good luck with your decision. Also, good luck switching over to the left hand bolt. I much prefer a right handed rifle, shooting off the bench, or in the prone, and even hunting. Have just used the right handed bolts for too long..
40 3,115 more...
Free Classifieds Jump to new posts
Prototype 1700's Rifleman's belt axe by Josh Clarke FS jk16 04/12/24
Here is a 1700's style Rifleman's belt axe by bladesmith Joshua Clarke.

These were part of Josh's origional 2018 prototype run and were built with the ollder "Cheeked" style heads which were discontinued by Vaughan that year.

They are a close copy of the Origional U.S.War department issue Rifleman's belt axes made in the 1790s. The axes are light ,trim.and powerfull cutters for their size.

The Axe is 22 oz total and is 13.5 inches long. The head is an Iroquois style with a hammer poll . Theae polls are heat treated and can actually be used to drive metal stakes unlike most axes and hatchets

The Handle is slimmed down , then hand sanded and then torched .Then it's given six coats of pure Tung oil .The resulting finish is velvety smooth but still grippy. The Axe comes with one of Josh's hand sewn Vegetable tanned leather masks.

I.only have this SINGLE axe on hand for sale.

The price is $125 shipped with leather throat collar.

PayPal or USPS MO as payment.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
Edge Mask design-
2 367 more...
Hunter's Campfire Jump to new posts
Re: "Puff, the Majac Dragon"? tndrbstr 04/12/24
So once again johnnys full o’ schit?
107 7,799 more...
IC B2
Re: US Navy photoshop? PaulBarnard 04/12/24
Originally Posted by SupFoo
Uhhhhh........ is that scope really on backwards?

Uhhhhh......do you really need someone to answer that for you?
33 2,955 more...
Re: Do ya miss Ren50? SCgman1 04/12/24
Most definitely
102 7,428 more...
Hunting Optics Jump to new posts
Re: Leupold email on unrepairable scope SDHNTR 04/12/24
So you actually want an AO over a side focus? Why?
27 4,442 more...
Hunting Rifles Jump to new posts
Re: Browning A bolt stock question pahick 04/12/24
JMO, but if theyre gonna replace it no cost hell id let em do it, 6 mo.s or not.
4 546 more...
Re: US Navy photoshop? PaulBarnard 04/12/24
33 2,955 more...
Re: Do ya miss Mr. Flave? hanco 04/12/24
Yep
103 8,212 more...
Re: Do ya miss Mr. Flave? SCgman1 04/12/24
Yes.......flave was/is, one of the campfire headliners......
103 8,212 more...
IC B3
Freshwater Jump to new posts
Re: Suggestion for a crappie rod?? Crappie_Killer 04/12/24
My current favorite crappie rod is a 6’6” Cashion CRT ultralight action. I have 4 of them. I also have a couple 6’ and a couple 7’. They no longer make them, the new CORE version is heavier but still very sensitive with backbone. I haven’t fished my Loomis IMX rods in the past two years.

For reels, Shimano or Diawa. They don’t have to be the highest end, but don’t buy the cheap clam pack [bleep]. I got 7-8 years out of my Stradics.

I make my own jigs with a single fiber weedguard, 1/16 oz is what we use for central MO lakes.

Mr Crappie Slabalicious baits with the darker colored bodies and chartreuse tail if fishing stained water, monkey milk/shine for clearer water.

Last Saturday, 6 lb large mouth on the above described setup.
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Tuesday of this week

16 1,637 more...
Re: Do ya miss Mr. Flave? alwaysoutdoors 04/12/24
Originally Posted by Valsdad
Originally Posted by SamOlson
Originally Posted by RUM7
Yep. Even though he hurt my feelers once.
Sniff, sniff.

He can sniff out a champion's weakness.
I hear he's good with finding a nice pillow too
Did he make you bite it?
103 8,212 more...
Re: "Puff, the Majac Dragon"? rcamuglia 04/12/24
Originally Posted by JohnBurns
Originally Posted by AKwolverine
Originally Posted by ERK
Puff would fly over and put three bullets per square foot the size of a football field. The Green Beret movie with John Wayne had one fly over an overrun outpost. Nothing in the open lives. Bad ass. Edk

LOL.

That would require 144,000 bullets not counting the endzones.

Movies are not real life.

Well, googler says they could carry 55,000 on average, so the man isn’t all that far off. Call it an antler.

Well I suppose someone of your limited mental ability would score 38% as not that far off.

[Linked Image from external-content.duckduckgo.com]
I see you are feeling frisky with numbers tonight. What’s the approximate percentage off of kill zone to strike an antler?

This video answers all your questions, young Padowan, but I suspect you will score in the low 30th precentile for reading trace. laugh

Cataract surgery is in his immediate future
107 7,799 more...
Re: couldn't find the making the fire great pic thread Valsdad 04/12/24
Howdy Texas!
47 2,509 more...
Re: OJ SQUEEZED GeoW 04/12/24
Must be a boomer thing.
112 6,689 more...
Re: Close call at work today. Valsdad 04/12/24
Dude up the road has all sorts of cows, I see milk cows and all different colored ones in his pastures.

Has three or four of these, and I'd likely not test momma to find out if she's friendly

35 3,455 more...
Re: "Puff, the Majac Dragon"? DigitalDan 04/12/24
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter
Originally Posted by slumlord
Originally Posted by wabigoon
It might be it's about what you want it to be?.

You being a ‘retired’ “staff sgt” figured you’d be referring to Spooky.

Stinger was an AC-130.

Puff was an AC-47.

Seeing as how you got all butt hurt about the 4 seat Apache I figured you would want to be set right.

You may thank me later.

This was "Puff", but many refer to it as "Spooky". Pretty cool plane.

No one who knows calls the AC-47 "Spooky".

Slummy has been corrected so lets not dwell on his mistake. We need some understanding here.

The AC-130 was tagged with several names, depending upon model.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Douglas_AC-47_Spooky
107 7,799 more...
Handguns Jump to new posts
Re: The 38 thread local_dirt 04/12/24
Originally Posted by TheKid
I went to the ranch for a little bit when it cleared off this evening for some DA shooting. I recently watched an old interview with John Prine back when he was king of the PPC world. Being a self taught handgun shooter I gathered several tips on technique that he mentioned and my DA shooting has markedly improved. Still have to get a flyer in every cylinder full it seems but I’m getting better.

All these were shot at 10 yards offhand DA. All the 38s were with a 158 wadcutter over 3.5gr of W231.

Great report, Kid. And some awesome revolvers.
83 7,854 more...
Hunting Optics Jump to new posts
Re: All Things Athlon Burleyboy 04/12/24
I'd like to see a helos btr gen 2 2-12x42 with a finer reticle. I like these scopes but I'd prefer one with a finer reticle without the big dot in the middle for more precision work.

If they could just offer a finer reticle option in some that still has mil hashes to use the reticle for holds I'd buy several more.

I'd also like a capped windage option with a small cap. Ihate huge dials especially on the windage. A shorter exposed elevation and a smaller capped windage is where it's at for a dialable hunting scope.

Bb
398 92,752 more...
Re: couldn't find the making the fire great pic thread geedubya 04/12/24

ya!

GWB
47 2,509 more...
Re: "Puff, the Majac Dragon"? JohnBurns 04/12/24
Originally Posted by ERK
Puff would fly over and put three bullets per square foot the size of a football field. The Green Beret movie with John Wayne had one fly over an overrun outpost. Nothing in the open lives. Bad ass. Edk

LOL.

That would require 144,000 bullets not counting the endzones.

Movies are not real life.

Well, googler says they could carry 55,000 on average, so the man isn’t all that far off. Call it an antler.

Well I suppose someone of your limited mental ability would score 38% as not that far off.

[Linked Image from external-content.duckduckgo.com]
I see you are feeling frisky with numbers tonight. What’s the approximate percentage off of kill zone to strike an antler?

This video answers all your questions, young Padowan, but I suspect you will score in the low 30th precentile for reading trace. laugh

107 7,799 more...
Re: Close call at work today. SCgman1 04/12/24
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
Stuff like this is what makes the forum great. Thanks for sharing.

Ditto, ditto, ditto

Cant get enough these....thx sam.
35 3,455 more...
Re: How would you improve our educational system K-12 bpas105 04/12/24
Originally Posted by JMR40
[quote]Get rid of tenure. A teacher should be able to be fired easier if they are not good at their job.

Tenure only means they have to tell you WHY you are being fired.

It's very easy to get rid of a teacher.

It's not very easy, actually. The measure of "why" has changed greatly from when we were young. And you don't just have to say why - you have to convince the court that the "why" deserves termination. Years ago, I saw $30K spent on lawyers trying to get rid of a terrible teacher, by many measures, and the District lost it's case because what is acceptable to the Unions is far beyond what's acceptable to the common adult. That would easily be $70K in today's costs. And it's certainly more difficult today.

And it's not just teachers. I had volumes of documentation on a support person who desperately needed to be somewhere else and it took the 3rd superintendent to allow me to move forward. Even the school solicitor was hesitant, not because of the case, but because he was afraid of the implications of firing a school employee in the public's eye. When the Board President saw the evidence during the hearing, the case ended very quickly and she was finally gone, but it took nearly 10 years.

Tenure has its merits, but should not be as powerful as it is. A good teacher today can easily show the data to support staying in the profession.
118 6,181 more...
Handguns Jump to new posts
Re: The 38 thread local_dirt 04/12/24
Originally Posted by TheKid
LD those are some nice S&Ws. If you could loan them to me for a couple decades I’d try my best to wear them out.

Haha, Kid. I would trust you to give your best effort. 😜
83 7,854 more...
The Lefty Forum Jump to new posts
First Lefty Rifle - Input Wanted Enels57 04/12/24
Hey fellow southpaws. First time posting but long time browser of the forum. Im 30 and located in NC, have always shot right handed rifles, and want to purchase my first Lefty bolt gun. I come from a .270 family and primary target whitetail. A lot of my spots I travel to by boat and typically have to walk in a couple miles through the thick so I tend to use my equipment decently hard. I got a budget of ~$1200 for just the rifle.

Im currently evaluating the following rifles and could use some input from folks who have them or have shot them.

--tikka tx3 lite
--tikka tx3 roughtech
--christensen arms messa
--bergara b14 timber

I'm leaning towards a tikka as it seems to check all the boxes but the others listed have a few options I also like. Can someone tell me if the Tikka roughtech stock is actually any different from the regular tx3 besides the roughtech coating? The bergara seems like a nice option but man would it hurt my feelings dinging that wood up in the boat and scratches from briars and what not. I have the urge to hunt/target shoot suppressed in the future but that's not a huge deal at this point. I see mixed reviews on Christensen arms so unsure on them but a suppressed 20", 7mm-08 has caught my eye.

Any input is appreciated
40 3,115 more...
Page 560 of 643 1 2 558 559 560 561 562 642 643
AX24

433 members (1Longbow, 10gaugemag, 160user, 1beaver_shooter, 17CalFan, 1lesfox, 36 invisible), 2,268 guests, and 1,059 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,494
Posts18,452,390
Members73,901
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.