24hourcampfire.com
24hourcampfire.com
-->
Active Threads | Active Posts | Unanswered Today | Since Yesterday | This Week
Ask The Gunwriters Jump to new posts
Re: Major Charles Askins? jwp475 04/18/24
It was the son Colenel Charles Askins Jr. that wrote "Tales Of An Unrepentant Sinner". The Major was more of a bird hunter and I don't believe that he ever shot anyone
162 24,480 more...
Hunter's Campfire Jump to new posts
Re: Gun nut home repairs atvalaska 04/18/24
Originally Posted by 22250rem
Speaking of OCD; how many inch pounds of torque should those be set to?
turn it till you hear the cracking sound then back off...
25 2,564 more...
Re: Videos that pop up BFaucett 04/18/24
[Linked Image from global.discourse-cdn.com]
8 443 more...
IC B2
Re: Gun nut home repairs MartinStrummer 04/18/24
Call me cantankerous! I prefer the screws slots horizontal rather than vertical.
....of course, when we built our home on land my wife inherited, my f-i-l insisted it be oriented N,S,E,W to match the surrounding roads.
Because of him, our house sits at a 45° angle to the world! 😉👍
Drove him nuts to the day he died.
25 2,564 more...
Free Classifieds Jump to new posts
Re: ************WTB or Trade Swift .375 A-Frame 270gr marksman1941 04/18/24
You’re looking for a highly uncommon bullet and caliber, expect the price to be high. Throwing a fit that someone asked a high price is just childish.
6 348 more...
AR and Tactical Rifles Jump to new posts
Re: Inexpensive free float handguard? Steelruger22 04/18/24
https://www.grendelhunter.com/product-category/upper-parts/handguards/

Check these guys out. I have a couple of them. They are good quality for the price and made in the USA if that matters to you.
10 1,064 more...
Re: Rand Paul speaks, will Trump listen? Raeford 04/18/24
Originally Posted by VaHunter
Ok, I try not to enter into this political conversations but oh well.

This is not a fight we need to have now. Let's win this election, the Presidency, the House and the Senate and then we can deal with the speaker. I firmly believe there are a few Republicans that do not want to be in the majority and would rather cause controversy to allow them to raise money than to win and have to govern.

There, I said it.

This^^^
Rather just muddle by for the next 5-6 months[getting nothing done].
52 3,392 more...
Original gangster Irving_D 04/18/24
Samuel Whitmore. This guy was pretty basass

12 1,446 more...
Re: Gun nut home repairs atvalaska 04/18/24
I do it on every switch too outlet wherever it can be either way just as long as it looks right for the room and they're all the same
25 2,564 more...
Re: Grand Reopening Sale - Special Deals on reloading components - 38 cal 158gr JHP 7.4 cents RavenRocksPrecision 04/18/24
@com34acp, It's a warehouse with an office. We aren't setup for shopping, but we can do pickups by appointment for large orders. Free shipping over $150.
9 1,155 more...
IC B3
Re: Kuiu Sleeping Bag, Zero Degrees, Brand NEW packerinalaska 04/18/24
$525 shipped
11 1,101 more...
Re: Dickey Betts rejoins the Allman Brothers Mike70560 04/18/24
44 2,882 more...
Re: Dickey Betts rejoins the Allman Brothers Rickshaw 04/18/24
Dude could pick a guitar....
44 2,882 more...
Gunsmithing Jump to new posts
Re: Help for a "sticky" action: 96 Mauser Fury01 04/18/24
Yes sir. Read the whole thing. Suggesting things that can and do happen. Pushing the bolt straight in means gravity directs the pressure straight down. Using the bolt handle can shift the pressure side to side and also up. I have seen screws either protruding or rough enough to bind in that circumstance. Yes I also agree it can be galling due to metal similarities in the sliding surfaces.
I am sure Mr. ID Shooter can figure it out and act accordingly.
Best,
F01
18 1,810 more...
Re: Rand Paul speaks, will Trump listen? VaHunter 04/18/24
Ok, I try not to enter into this political conversations but oh well.

This is not a fight we need to have now. Let's win this election, the Presidency, the House and the Senate and then we can deal with the speaker. I firmly believe there are a few Republicans that do not want to be in the majority and would rather cause controversy to allow them to raise money than to win and have to govern.

There, I said it.
52 3,392 more...
Re: Boar Wars???? MartinStrummer 04/18/24
Read the link.
The woman the pigs killed (actually, near Houston!) was a home health working trying to get a jumpstart on her day. The attack happened at a client's home on her first stop.
Up here in Oklahoma, we also lost a traveling health care worker about the same time.
She didn't show up to her first appointment and didn't answer her cell phone.
We've all seen those "shoe box" cars they give those people to drive.
She apparently ran onto a "sounder" crossing US Hwy 81 between Waurika, OK and Terrel, OK. Contact with one of the larger pigs caused her to lose control, resulting in a fatality car wreck.

Yesterday, out turkey hunting, I had four sows and about 20 piglets come by me.
When I was going to my vehicle, the same sounder showed up between me and my vehicle. Yelling and shouting at them, they left!
9 772 more...
Single Shots Jump to new posts
Re: New 22 Hornet brass Steve Redgwell 04/18/24
Originally Posted by bobmn
Steve thanks for showing the results. I don't know what to think. As an aside, I was told that PPU uses a brass alloy for cartridge cases that is not pure brass. Consequently they are harder. Not being a chemist I cannot confirm this but I do know PPU brass is harder. Do not know if this will have any affect on annealing.

I'll put more shots downrange and see if anything changes. Somehow, I doubt it will. The brass is a bit thicker, but not so much that it needed to be lubed or muscled to get it into the chamber. It's just tight. Hopefully that means I can play with some loads and see if one powder or primer groups smaller than the others.
27 3,328 more...
Custom Rifles & Wildcats Jump to new posts
Re: Twist rate on a Douglas barrel DonFischer 04/18/24
I had a 260 barrel put on a 700 I had laying around. already had a 6.5x55 and a 6.5x06 never checked the twist of the 6.5x55, Mod 70. Wanted a 8" twist in the 6.5x06 but got a 9". Was thinking about heavier bullets. But it shoot's 140 gr bullet's light's out and I would not take off that barrel for anything to get a faster twist. 140gr bullet's into a little over 1/2". Same thing with my 260, got it with a 9" twist also. !40's is all I tried so far but ragged little group's about 5/8". If I wanted a heavier bullet I'd go with my 30-06! 6.5x06 has dumped three elk in three shots with the 140gr Hornady SP and that about as good as it get's! I'm quite certain the 260 and it's 140 gr Speer HC will do the same if I do my part! To much fuss made over fast twist's. If ya need a fast twist I think what you really need if a bigger caliber!
70 7,623 more...
Custom Rifles & Wildcats Jump to new posts
Re: Twist rate on a Douglas barrel MontanaMan 04/18/24
I am more than happy for you.

MM
70 7,623 more...
Dickey Betts rejoins the Allman Brothers Mike70560 04/18/24
The Allman Brothers Band guitarist and founding member Dickey Betts has died, Fox News Digital can confirm. The musician was 80 years old when he passed away on Thursday, April 18.
44 2,882 more...
Re: Videos that pop up Morewood 04/18/24
Nein.
8 443 more...
Re: That annoying popup righthand screen? AcesNeights 04/18/24
Originally Posted by BFaucett
Originally Posted by slumlord
93.2 % of the members here do NOT know how to use the search bar.

Fking amazing they can even access this forum.

Sad but true. The airplane to the 21st Century pulled away from the gate and left them stranded in the 20th Century.

You say that like it’s a bad thing….progressives might love sacrificing freedom for security and “convenience” but that doesn’t mean everyone is as willingly ignorant about the benefits of a simpler time. Unfortunately it’s virtually impossible to do anything without a cellphone, internet, laptop, iPad, etc. Unfortunately the bullshit that is endemic with those “conveniences” is NOT a small price to pay for all that we’ve lost.
96 5,357 more...
Re: Tell me about vpns STRSWilson 04/18/24
To believe that a VPN magically protects your data and identity relies on one issue - Do you trust the VPN? Your VPN provider knows all about you, your credit card and/or banking details. Most say they do not keep logs, but how can you verify that? Who says the VPN hasn't been compromised as well or is cooperating with the government or governments?

Data security is a fantasy.
40 2,917 more...
Re: Lying Biden at it again (still) MontanaMan 04/18/24
If his lips are moving, you know he's lying.

POFS

MM
41 2,839 more...
Re: Gun nut home repairs New_2_99s 04/18/24
Never "timed" a screw in my life & I've screwed up plenty !
25 2,564 more...
Page 568 of 602 1 2 566 567 568 569 570 601 602
AX24

118 members (10gaugemag, 358WCF, 450yukon, 19rabbit52, 30Gibbs, 18 invisible), 1,997 guests, and 887 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,279
Posts18,467,652
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.