24hourcampfire.com
Active Threads | Active Posts | Unanswered Today | Since Yesterday | This Week
Hunter's Campfire Jump to new posts
Re: Fly Fishing Holy Grail Barn Find DiabloBlanco 03/24/24
Nice find!
70 6,696 more...
Re: George Floyd International Airport ! ? Stickfight 03/24/24
I heard there'd be free all you can eat bananas.
31 3,401 more...
Re: Do You Believe In God ? antelope_sniper 03/24/24
Originally Posted by antlers
Incidentally, Iliad was written in 800 BC and the earliest manuscript we have dates to 400 BC. That’s a time gap of 400 years…! And History was written between 480 - 425 BC and the earliest manuscript we have dates to the 10th century. That’s a time gap of 1,350 years…! And Tetralogies was written in 400 BC and the earliest manuscript we have dates to 895. That’s a time gap of 1,300 years…! And Gallic Wars was written between 100 - 44 BC and the earliest manuscript we have dates to the 9th century. That’s a time gap of 950 years…!

The New Testament was written between 50 - 100 AD and the earliest manuscript we have dates to no later than 130 AD. That’s a time gap of 40 years.

130 AD?? Unless that's a very recent find, it's just not true.
1,104 81,887 more...
IC B2
Free Classifieds Jump to new posts
Re: Kifaru 12 man tipi with liner. JonS 03/24/24
Sold
7 974 more...
Re: Oddball food combos DouginAlaska 03/24/24
My dad's favorite sandwich in his lunch pail during his working life was peanut butter, bologna, and lettuce. I tried it a few times and it was very good.
98 5,520 more...
Ask The Gunwriters Jump to new posts
Re: lee collet dies spj 03/24/24
Have happily used the LCD for several calibers along with a Redding body die. I usually end up lightly sanding them to get the desired neck tension. I like a bit more for my hunting rounds. Great combo! I will say I used to buy a set of Redding dies as a default. Recently had a set of 30-06 dies that pretty much leaves zero neck tension. I have pretty for the most part moved over to Forster sets and am very happy.
64 7,676 more...
Re: Sportsmansgunshop anyone ever buy from this place? Stickfight 03/24/24
Boomers are hilariously gullible.

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]
21 1,486 more...
Long Range Hunting Jump to new posts
Re: Long Range BS RHM 03/24/24
Originally Posted by catnthehat
Originally Posted by Xspurt
It's called long range hunting. Nuthin about huntin all about shootin. Get it right.
The problem with a statement like this is, what exactly IS considered " long range" and who dictates said distance?
Cat

It’s a real problem isn’t it?
365 56,914 more...
Free Classifieds Jump to new posts
Re: WTT 53 V-Max for 73 ELD-M and ELD-VT 6MMWASP 03/24/24
PM Sent
7 498 more...
Re: Fly Fishing Holy Grail Barn Find AKislander 03/24/24
Nice pram but 3 clients (4 people) is not gonna happen. At least not twice.

I used to have a Winston "Tom Morgan Favorite" fly rod. It was a nice little rod; 8 ft for no. 4 line. I other rods though that I liked better and didn't use it enough so got rid of it.
70 6,696 more...
IC B3
Re: George Floyd International Airport ! ? LRoyJetson 03/24/24
Pissed off the mayor, the audience was laughing, LOL !!
Well Done.

He has other videos as well, pretty funny.
31 3,401 more...
Re: Do You Believe In God ? antelope_sniper 03/24/24
Originally Posted by antlers
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper
I don't believe that's an accurate representation of his position,…
Of course you don’t. You’ve arrived at your beliefs based on what you find attractive; your beliefs have zero to do with proof.
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper
…and even if it was, that's fine, he and I can have different interpretations of the implication of the facts at hand. Either way, the 4 gospels remain anonymous works.
And you and I can have different interpretations of the implications of the facts at hand as well.

There’s NO WAY that you can be certain that Homer was the actual author of the Iliad. And there’s NO WAY that you can be certain that Herodotus was the actual author of History. And there’s NO WAY that you can be certain that Plato was the actual author of Tetralogies. And there’s NO WAY that you can be certain that Caesar was the actual author of Gallic Wars.

Actually, we know the Iliad was most certainly NOT written by a single "Homer". It was revised, changed and edited by multiple authors over a period of 100+ years.
1,104 81,887 more...
Re: Russia Attack - Latest Update Houston_2 03/24/24
US Security Council spokesman John Kirby says that evidence gathered to this point in time finds no evidence of Ukraine involvement in the Moscow attack.
150 12,155 more...
Re: Illegal Aliens Can Carry Guns Strop10 03/24/24
Originally Posted by TomT
re: firearm restrictions. Only for NON citizens and violent felons, and my viewpoint isn't from the perspective of: "they should not have a right to self protection". It's from the perspective of: we are the United States, if we go to war with ANY other country, we have tens or more lightly hundreds of thousands of foreign nationals within our borders, armed. That sounds like a dumb ass idea to me. I might add that watching 2 skyscrapers fall up close and personal 23 years ago made more AMERICA FIRST than most. YMMV

You already mentioned other countries and they oppose their own citizens being armed which is very much inline with what the crowd in New York City vote for.

So...

How are police going to know if someone is a citizen and allowed to be armed?

How will a citizen have to prove it?

What arms do you want prohibited for non le US citizens?

Where do you want non le US citizens prohibited from possessing arms?

And a really good question, how was this guy armed prior to the ruling?
209 14,141 more...
Re: Still FeelSorry for the “innocent “ Citizens of Gaza! scottf270 03/24/24
They harbor and support terrorism. They deserve what ever Israel gives them.
46 4,094 more...
Re: Russia Attack - Latest Update shootem 03/24/24
Originally Posted by navlav8r
Originally Posted by Houston_2
Originally Posted by ol_mike
Dzhokhar Anzorovich Tsarnaev-> cousin.

Boston, Mike ?

Yep. The Boston Marathon bomber.

How is this known?
150 12,155 more...
Re: Russia Attack - Latest Update Houston_2 03/24/24
Originally Posted by navlav8r
Originally Posted by Houston_2
Originally Posted by ol_mike
Dzhokhar Anzorovich Tsarnaev-> cousin.

Boston, Mike ?

Yep. The Boston Marathon bomber.

That family raised some foul balls.
150 12,155 more...
Re: Nat'l 'red-flag' law??? local_dirt 03/24/24
Originally Posted by Valsdad
Thanks. I'll check that one out.

Youtubers like to talk too much.

And often too long.
31 2,401 more...
Re: Nat'l 'red-flag' law??? JohnnyLoco 03/24/24
This may be the wrong thread but I’m looking for information on which of these areas is usually protected by body armor, trying to settle a bet?

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
31 2,401 more...
Competitive Shooting Jump to new posts
Re: The 308 and long range competition shooting ? MikeS 03/24/24
Thanks for posting the extra details, that is some great shooting! Back to back 225s by the Curtis / John duo is amazing.

I had forgotten about Erik's page.
82 19,067 more...
Re: Rifle paint. Jim_Conrad 03/24/24
Ha!
68 5,299 more...
Re: Fly Fishing Holy Grail Barn Find AKCHOPPER 03/24/24
Willie Boats...." simply the best"

Glad you found it.
70 6,696 more...
Re: Could Donald J Trump be the new Messiah? norm99 03/24/24
Originally Posted by 7mmbuster
I believe that many in government, on both sides of the isle are actually guilty of treason. They have betrayed their oath of office, they have intentionally supported many things that have physically harmed the nation. They have often worked against public welfare in order to gain power and wealth.
Now if this is not treason, worthy of death by firing squad, you tell me what is.
Many republicans hold investigations and hearings. They ask tough questions, the look to the public and conservatives as good candidates. They get votes for that.
But when it comes time for someone to be indicted and actually do the perp walk, nothing at all
Happens.
I like Trump, but I believe he should have indicated some of the people who are guilty as sin. I would have burned HiLIARy down. It could have been done, and her vindictive nature would have exposed a lot of impropriety. Information about eachother is what holds this cabal together.
They’re all guilty together, if not actually involved in things, they’re at least accessories to the crime.
A new broom sweeps clean. One good man is not enough. We the people must stand up together if we are to be saved. The price of freedom is almost always paid in blood 🩸!
The bill is coming due again!
Reon

I believe God is using Trump, And God wants us to back him as a point garde LET GOD do the rest with whomever He choses .

Norm
121 8,509 more...
Hunting Optics Jump to new posts
Re: Advice on scope focus Mull 03/24/24
I Had a 4-12 That had The Same Issue. It was Parlex. Sent it Back. and The Repaired It, And Send It Back No Charge..
22 3,606 more...
Re: Rifle paint. Tide_Change 03/24/24
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
I hadn't thought about camo.

Coupla more samples of camo. I’m not particularly proud of these, they were just quicky Krylon rattlcan jobs. Nothing special, just hit the metal with some degreaser and shot them.

Truck coyote guns, the Howa Mini is in 7.62x39 and the Mossberg MVP with the see-through rings is 5.56

Ketchup bottle for reference, so you know I didn’t lift the pic from the interweb. Good effing luck getting the product out of that little mofo. 😂

[Linked Image]
68 5,299 more...
Page 572 of 772 1 2 570 571 572 573 574 771 772
YB23

Who's Online Now
162 members (12344mag, 160user, 257 mag, 10Glocks, 2UP, 300_savage, 16 invisible), 1,852 guests, and 843 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,728
Posts18,400,783
Members73,822
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.