-->
Active Threads | Active Posts | Unanswered Today | Since Yesterday | This Week
Hunter's Campfire Jump to new posts
Re: Friday Musick Time, Wabi. Pappy348 04/12/24
62 2,786 more...
Re: How Campfire Boomers will be manipulated by Russia local_dirt 04/12/24
Originally Posted by RockyRaab
For the record, I'm damn sick of intellectually impaired Gen whatevers constantly impuning Boomers.

I'm to the point where I almost enjoy it. Tells me straight away who the idiots are.

There's a large amount of human jealousy involved, also.
90 6,573 more...
Re: Found in the buttstock....... Muffin 04/12/24
Originally Posted by Certifiable
That’s pretty awesome…

Somewhat similar but I heard that on the Swiss issued K-31 rifles the owner would sometimes keep his personnel info in the same place..

I removed the buttplate from mine and lo and behold found this
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

My grandfather did that to his guns, I have his Savage 99, 22 HP, Takedown, 1919 issue, and his name/address tag from the butt....
58 5,363 more...
IC B2
Elk Hunting Jump to new posts
Re: Brief Look at the 375/06 Whelen Brad 04/12/24
Originally Posted by MAC
Why would anyone bother with that when they have been able to buy 9.3x62 since 1905?

Isn't that the truth...
31 63,960 more...
Hunting Optics Jump to new posts
Re: What exactly isn't manufactured in the USA --> Leupold VX5HD and VX6HD Jordan Smith 04/12/24
Originally Posted by Darryle
Originally Posted by ldholton
if Leupold is having issues with tracking and holding zero I would think the springs would be one of the concerns..

Are they having wide ranging issues? I have had 2, maybe 3 out of literally hundreds of cheap Leupolds that failed to track or hold zero. Yes, a tap on the turret was often required unless you ran the turrets thru their range a few times to avoid wasting ammo. But once set, they stayed in place. I have returned more for damage to be repaired or replaced than for mechanical issues.

At some point, we have to heed Sticks advice, shoot more, post less.

I am going to order me a 5 or 6 once I commit to a reticle and magnification. I damn sure won't be posting about it either way, there's enough nonsense here now.
Ironically, shooting more is what reveals the mechanical problems that people run into. No scope has mechanical issues while sitting in the safe, and I'm guessing that it's difficult to keep enough ammo in stock to shoot hundreds of scopes enough to reveal mechanical problems. Either way, we should all use what works for our needs.
54 6,807 more...
Re: Found in the buttstock....... Certifiable 04/12/24
That’s pretty awesome…

Somewhat similar but I heard that on the Swiss issued K-31 rifles the owner would sometimes keep his personnel info in the same place..

I removed the buttplate from mine and lo and behold found this
58 5,363 more...
Food, Cooking, and Game Preparation Jump to new posts
Re: Bread thread MickinColo 04/12/24
Originally Posted by KillerBee
I like that system you have, what is it called I need to buy one, freehand cutting sucks, you never do get even sliced no matter how hard I try!

Give that seed bread a try it is exceptional and very healthy!

Cheers ~
We'll get around and give that seed bread a try.
193 26,722 more...
Re: How Campfire Boomers will be manipulated by Russia local_dirt 04/12/24
Originally Posted by Direct_Drive
'
Get back to work and keep paying into that SSI !
Now git !

Just got my SS drop a couple days ago. Now, get that grass cut. Lol.
90 6,573 more...
Winchester Collectors Jump to new posts
Re: your 2 favorite Pre64 M70 chamberings? Poconojack 04/12/24
Good Stuff! Thank You
59 6,560 more...
Free Classifieds Jump to new posts
Looking for Sig P365 in SW PA tarheelpwr 04/12/24
Anyone have a standard 365 in SW PA? Looking to try out the platform, hopefully on the cheap.

I’m in Canonsburg / Washington area. Shipping it kills the economics on guns in this price range.
3 295 more...
IC B3
Re: U.S. history 16-17-1800's 7mmbuster 04/12/24
14 961 more...
Re: Found in the buttstock....... Tyrone 04/12/24
Originally Posted by Tide_Change
Originally Posted by Morewood
5'7 1/2 "

Take it easy there, stretch.

Hey, every half inch matters. 😁

Cool find Muffin.
That's what she said.
58 5,363 more...
Re: Bill Gate is messing with my laptop! shaman 04/12/24
Originally Posted by victoro
I hate Microsoft and globalist vaccine pusher Bill Gates! I don't use Microsoft Edge as my browser because it's just Democrat propaganda. Google Chrome is much more user friendly and easier to use. In the last week Bill Gates has turned off my ad blocker several times, locked up my computer several times while I looking at a conservative website and turned off my WIFI (it's a Microsoft setting). Just before I posted this Hunter's Campfire was locked up with several ads visible.

Rocky's right. LINUX is the way to go.

BTW: As an interim solution, try loading CHROMIUM. It's freeware Chrome without all the Google extensions.
33 1,948 more...
Re: Friday Autoshop with Renegade50 rickt300 04/12/24
Originally Posted by slumlord
As to his whereabouts

Bob the Cobbler says idle hands are the Devil’s workshop

Brakes, rotors, calipers for Church Lady’s car. Giving back to the community. 🤙

Cool I see it took several wrenches to figure out which one fit the nipple on the brake caliper, that you use the jar and hose method to bleed the brakes and that you have plenty of big C Clamps around to push the cylinder back into the caliper so you can get the pads back over the rotor. Also a handy "Barely Legal" magazine for pondering while smoking a cigarette. Fully prepared.
29 1,880 more...
Hunting Optics Jump to new posts
Re: Cabon Fiber Scope Mounts Ndbowhunter 04/12/24
6 1,053 more...
Custom Rifles & Wildcats Jump to new posts
Re: Harry Creighton FN 98 .35 Whelen beretzs 04/12/24
That's a great rifle! Congrats!
17 1,756 more...
Re: Covid long term effects? antelope_sniper 04/12/24
Originally Posted by flintlocke
OK. I lied, sorry, misleading post title. Just read an article in the Wash. Times, only 12% of govt agencies office building space in DC are being utilized. We are paying for heat, maintenance and security to maintain buildings that are ghost towns. Nobody reported back to the office after Covid according to the GSA, the govt's chief landlord. USDA is only occupying 6% of it's office space...GSA itself, 12%..Veterans 10%, hmm.
Makes one wonder about phrases like 'non essential jobs', 'working from home is more productive' (when the private sector discovered the opposite was true). I can't imagine the cost of maintaining empty buildings in the most expensive real estate in the US.
I probably dwell on these things too much on days like today when I mail in my check to IRS.

My companies gone 85% work from home. We've closed multiple campuses and sold the buildings.

The Government should be doing the same.
12 1,243 more...
Re: Found in the buttstock....... Tide_Change 04/12/24
Originally Posted by Morewood
5'7 1/2 "

Take it easy there, stretch.

Hey, every half inch matters. 😁

Cool find Muffin.
58 5,363 more...
Food, Cooking, and Game Preparation Jump to new posts
Re: Bread thread MickinColo 04/12/24
There are a number of different kinds on Amazon and at different price points.

193 26,722 more...
Re: American Thinker reveals the globohomo shill strategy Thegman 04/12/24
"Narratives create false realities that incentivize humans to accept certain ideas or pursue certain actions that they would otherwise never accept or pursue if they were thinking clearly and confronting reality truthfully."

I think these narratives start with Fantastical Ideologies, then promoted by media, cajoling people into blind belief.

The first was probably feminism, paving the way for others such as Eco Ideology, Climate Ideology, Transgender Ideology, and on and on.

When I heard Haley make this statement, I immediately thought, "Really Nikki? Who designed, built and sourced the materials for your home? Who invented and designed the vehicle you used to drive to the airport, invented, designed and built the roads you drove to the airport, the plane you flew on, the event center you're standing in, the TV I'm watching you on...?"

Feminist Ideology allows these obviously false statements to be made with almost zero questioning. When these ideologies are challenged with factual information, the cognitive dissonance generally results in angry outbursts and ad Hominim attacks, but no rational arguments supporting them.

Ironically, Transgender Ideology now has men competing against women. I think they're actually just reaping what they've sown.

A little extreme maybe, but I think people's increasing willingness to believe in these Fantastical Ideologies, with the self-supporting media reinforcement, may ultimately collapse western civilization. A society that more and more lives in a fantasy world and recoils at rational argument, can't survive others that don't subscribe to the same levels of fantasy.
13 1,198 more...
Re: Covid long term effects? flintlocke 04/12/24
Javier Milei has cut 15,000 govt jobs in Argentina, turned Argentina off the path to bankruptcy, and promises to cut 70,000 before it's over. Unions and govt drones are going nuts. Hope he has good security.
12 1,243 more...
Re: Do You Believe the Earth is 6000 Years Old? antelope_sniper 04/12/24
Originally Posted by Ringman
Originally Posted by Hogwild7
If you read Genesis 4 it indicates that there were other people in the land of Nod. Cain took a wife there. God marked Cain so the other people wouldn't kill him. There were other people.

You are using the Bible. Go to Genesis 3 and you see Eve was the mother of ALL the living humans. Check out Acts 17 and you find all people came from one man.

This is just one of many contradictions demonstrating the unreliability of The Bible.
480 31,836 more...
Re: Do ya miss Ren50? UltraMAGA 04/12/24
Originally Posted by Blackheart
LOL It may be hard for some to comprehend but there is nobody here important enough in my life for me to miss them.

this , and there's a few other dumb fugks I'd just as soon not have to read anymore, for as often as I visit this dump anymore.
102 7,449 more...
Elk Hunting Jump to new posts
Re: Brief Look at the 375/06 Whelen MAC 04/12/24
Why would anyone bother with that when they have been able to buy 9.3x62 since 1905?
31 63,960 more...
Free Classifieds Jump to new posts
Re: Aimpoint H34S GrimJim 04/12/24
I am lowering the price to $495 including shipping.

Thanks for looking,

GrimJim
8 702 more...
Page 583 of 629 1 2 581 582 583 584 585 628 629
AX24

133 members (44mc, 7887mm08, 007FJ, 7mm_Loco, Algotguns, 10gaugemag, 12 invisible), 1,463 guests, and 781 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,599
Posts18,454,570
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.