24hourcampfire.com
24hourcampfire.com
Active Threads | Active Posts | Unanswered Today | Since Yesterday | This Week
Hunter's Campfire Jump to new posts
Re: Do You Believe In God ? wilkeshunter 03/23/24
Kids and families pouring in to our Easter celebration!
1,060 80,208 more...
Re: Do You Believe In God ? TF49 03/23/24
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper
Originally Posted by TF49
Seems you are again in full retreat…. Can’t back up your allegations….unable to participate in any sort of rational discussion.

Sorry you missed the point, guess I couldn’t dumb it down enough for you to either understand or offer any sort of thoughtful reply.

Meh…

You didn't "dumb it down", you created a straw man.

Nope, don’t think so. Just tried to illustrate ….that one need not know HOW something was made to know THAT it was made.

Seems he either can’t admit that….or….?….who knows….

So….here we are again…. Must we know HOW something is made to know THAT it exists?

Simple question….

You're conflating exists with "being made" by a sentient being. They are not synonymous.

Nope…. Keep the concept simple…..if one sees, holds and something….does that one need to know how it came into existence to KNOW it exists?

Just stick to the basic point….

Say did you just try to insert a “straw man” here?

Regarding you comment about conflating…are trying to make a case that something can be “made” without the involvement of a sentient being?

Edit to add: gotta get some sleep….will check on this tomorrow

Nope:

From The Century Dictionary

made
mād
noun

Created; wrought; fabricated; constructed.

Artificially produced; formed independently of natural development: as, made ground (ground made up of earth from another place); a made word.
Drawn from various sources; formed of several parts or ingredients: as, a made dish; composite; built up: as, a made mast (a mast composed of several sticks bound together by iron hoops, in contradistinction to a single-spar mast).

Concocted; invented; fictitious: as, a made-up tale or excuse.

Your many words simply divert from the main issue…

So, you seem to have hinted at something and I would like to see some clarification from you….

If one is confronted with something that is been “made” or “fashioned”…..can one conclude that a sentient being was involved in the action act if “making” it?
1,060 80,208 more...
Free Classifieds Jump to new posts
Re: Savage Anschutz model 54 Sporter hunter718 03/23/24
Originally Posted by bugs4
If I didn't already have one, I'd be all over this. That's a more-than-fair price.

Agree 100%. Hard to find any 54 Action Anschutz for $1500.
13 1,259 more...
IC B2
Re: Our neighbor Mexico Calvin 03/23/24
Probably because he cannot beat the cartels.

We need a wall and secure border, and we need it now.
38 3,462 more...
Re: Classic cartoons on a Saturday morning! wabigoon 03/23/24
[Linked Image from ilarge.lisimg.com]
30 2,748 more...
Deer Hunting Jump to new posts
Re: Lead 44 mag for whitetail okie john 03/23/24
I've killed deer with a similar bullet in 44 revolvers. Load was 10 grains of Unique, which gave about 1,000 fps at the muzzle. I had to use 44 Special cases to make that bullet feed in a Marlin lever gun. I agree with szihn that an LBT design would be a better choice.

Okie John
16 1,551 more...
Long Range Hunting Jump to new posts
Re: Scope question Ridge_Runner 03/23/24
I started out with a real barrel eating beast, the 7mm Allen Mag. the barrel is almost toast, but the knowledge gained was truly worth the cost, could I have learned as much with a 7mm/08? Possibly so but as it stands a new barrel and I have a legitimate 1 mile whitetail rifle. As it stands I have had 18 years of long range practice. the 338 caliber will outlast the 7mm running the same case. Good luck in your venture, mine has been a fun ride!
58 4,620 more...
Hunting Rifles Jump to new posts
Re: Our ages here on the fire... WPAHunter50 03/23/24
74 last week. I took up running when I turned 50. 5-11 and weigh 140 pounds. Last year I did a 5k with a time of 26.46 first place in the 70 and up age group of 12 guys. Racing again this year on April 13 and hoping to win my age my age group.
124 13,288 more...
Re: Classic cartoons on a Saturday morning! Timbermaster 03/23/24
9 999999’9 999 99999 9999 99!
30 2,748 more...
Re: Indian Artifacts - Volume II kaywoodie 03/23/24
Too windy to burn brushpiles yesterday. So I walked around a little while down by the creek and found this little Martindale point

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
1,424 205,385 more...
IC B3
Re: Our neighbor Mexico Jim_Conrad 03/23/24
Uhhh....where would we get our drugs from then?

Also.....the make believe stock market would take a hit....so that's not gonna work.
38 3,462 more...
Re: May not have been ISIS The_Real_Hawkeye 03/23/24
Originally Posted by JoeBob
Say what you will but I can find a dozen videos of these guys getting captured in a very public way surrounded by dozens of people with lots of cell phones recording. I know their identities. We know all kinds of information about them.

Meanwhile, it’s been a year since some tranny shot up a school in Nashville and we still haven’t seen her so-called manifesto. We can say similar things for other shooting here.

Who lives in a authoritarian state?
Good point.
63 5,884 more...
Re: Its meme time Clarkm 03/23/24
[Linked Image from pbs.twimg.com]
76,072 14,133,166 more...
Elk Hunting Jump to new posts
Re: first time "hunt of a life time" elk hunt Brad 03/23/24
A "once and a time elk hunt" and "Texas" don't belong in the same sentence.
56 6,600 more...
General Big Game Jump to new posts
Re: Grand Slam Completed 1eyedmule 03/23/24
Originally Posted by dukxdog
I solo scouted for 24 days and hunted two days for my Bighorn ram in Idaho's desolate Owyhee River

in 2014.

Congrats, dukxdog! Thanks for sharing this and letting us live vicariously through some of your adventures. What a great lifetime of mountain hunting (so far - not over yet!). The 26-day hunt in Idaho is the kind of thing I dream about. Made my Saturday morning, thanks!
90 9,542 more...
Re: Our ages here on the fire... Whelenman 03/23/24
I can’t post pictures , but my age is 74 , been a member since 2004 . I’ve meet some nice people here. I hope to meet more!
124 13,288 more...
Re: Our ages here on the fire... Pappy348 03/23/24
I turned 72 in January, older than Mule Deer and even, if you can believe it, gnoahhh and ingwe. Never smoked, and lost 45lbs or so the last couple of years, so barring whoopsies, I may have some good years left in me. Family on both sides were long-lived if they didn’t eat or drink themselves to death or smoke.
124 13,288 more...
Free Classifieds Jump to new posts
Re: T/C Contender barrels FOR SALE tophorsecop 03/23/24
#5...223 Rem 16" w/ 3-9X40 scope.....SOLD

#6... 44MAG 14" w/TC branded scope is..... SPF

#7...SOLD

#8...SOLD

#9... 22Hornet blue 10" BULL w/3X LOBO scope is.....SPF
8 1,032 more...
Hunting Trucks and Four-Wheel Drives Jump to new posts
Re: 7.3 Gas - How they holding up? Bob_mt 03/23/24
Originally Posted by horse1
Originally Posted by smarquez
I know they're HD pickups meant for towing, not MPG, but I've still got to ask:

Mileage running empty on the highway and @ what speed if you don't mind?
As high as 17 at 70. Hills and headwinds affect. Daily driving 13 with 50-50 California freeway driving.

I had to have a catalytic converter replaced at 20,000 miles, otherwise it has not been in the shop.
22 F250 XLT premium package, 28,000 miles.
Originally Posted by Bob_mt
I know they're HD pickups meant for towing, not MPG, but I've still got to ask:

Mileage running empty on the highway and @ what speed if you don't mind?

22 f250 70-75 11 mpg......around town 10-11.......I was hoping for 15-16 on the open road. 16,000 miles.

had to have evap can filter cleaned because of intake location....sucking up dirt....bob

Which gear ratios if you don't mind please.

4:30.....but it has a 10 speed so you would think that it would make up for it.....bob
14 2,121 more...
Rimfires Jump to new posts
Re: Interesting .22 LR cisco1 03/23/24
Blackheart called it !
19 3,117 more...
Re: Do You Believe In God ? TF49 03/23/24
Originally Posted by DBT
Let me dumb it down for you…..try to follow closely….

No need, you are already as dumb as it gets. wink

Seems you are again in full retreat…. Can’t back up your allegations….unable to participate in any sort of rational discussion.

Sorry you missed the point, guess I couldn’t dumb it down enough for you to either understand or offer any sort of thoughtful reply.

Meh…

Bluff and Bluster. You are full of hot air, Bud. A conceited blowhard without substance.

Not once have you attempted to deal with an issue without resorting to ad homs.

I asked you to explain why we are told in the bible that God creates evil.....and what was your response? Just more handwaving and smokescreens.

Let me try again…. Stick to the basic question…. Don’t try to change the subject or worm your way out of the question….and remember, this is in response to an allegation YOU made….. or have you forgotten?

If can you accept that if one is presented with SOMETHING, that one can believe it is real and does actually exist without knowing HOW it came to be?

Simple question..

We’re getting nothing but weasel words and avoidance for you.

You made the allegation, not me….. as usual, you cannot back up another of your empty headed charges.

But….go ahead and answer the question….what are you afraid of?
1,060 80,208 more...
Re: Montana Rifle coming back prairie_goat 03/23/24
What are they thinking with the M-Lok rail on a wood stock?

On the other model that ugly metal paint job and gold pinky ring on the bolt handle is terrible. Maybe they called it the Highline because they sourced their design cues from a reservation pimp from Browning or Wolf Point.

Simply strange choices all around.

The Montana rifle made in Michigan is almost as bad as German Precision Optics made in China.

In future news, Montana Rifle Company goes out of business. Again.
25 3,046 more...
Re: Our neighbor Mexico Lslite 03/23/24
Cutting off all funds and money transactions going across the border would be a good start.
38 3,462 more...
Re: Classic cartoons on a Saturday morning! Jim_Conrad 03/23/24
You don't have to wait till Saturday.
30 2,748 more...
AR and Tactical Rifles Jump to new posts
Re: Twist Rate szihn 03/23/24
Twist rate is a bit over hyped. I have made ARs with twists from 1-9" to 1-6.5". All barrels of very high quality shot extremely well and twist rate can't make up for lesser quality. For dedicated use of bullets from 70 grains and up, I'd probably go with a 1-8. But as of this writing my most accurate rifle firing 75 and 77 grain bullets has a 1-9" twist and does fine at all ranges. the old 1-12" and older 1-14" are too slow for very long bullets, but from 1-9 and faster you'll find little difference if all barrels are of high quality.

Remember the older Speer 70 grain semi-spitzers? I used a few thousand of them in an AR made in the 70s with a 1-12" and also a 22-250 with a 1-14 and they shot MOA in both rifles. Now that bullet is a semi-spitzer with a flat base to make it shorter then one of the long range bullets of today, but it's still not that short, AND it was designed to work in 1-12 and 1-14 twist rates. It did just fine.
This is not to say twist rate is unimportant. I am simply saying it's not AS important as bore quality. If you actually use bullet from 65 to 75 grains in a good 1-9" you'll see the same thing I see. It's just fine. So is 1-8 and 1-7
12 1,244 more...
Page 592 of 769 1 2 590 591 592 593 594 768 769
YB23

Who's Online Now
636 members (12344mag, 257_X_50, 1234, 257Bob, 06hunter59, 257man, 72 invisible), 2,935 guests, and 1,288 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,664
Posts18,399,333
Members73,817
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.