24hourcampfire.com
24hourcampfire.com
-->
Active Threads | Active Posts | Unanswered Today | Since Yesterday | This Week
Hunter's Campfire Jump to new posts
Re: “Do not get trapped in paradigms of the past” cv540 04/17/24
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
Is there a device that can identify and take over the frequency of everything floating around in the air?
They can be shielded against this, and fly 100% autonomously, based on landscape.

This will be the future. Program in a target and let it fly.

"Target" could be a fixed object like a building or the image of an object such as a model or models of tank.

Or on a micro scale a face.

Think of hundreds or thousands of hummingbird sized drones with a small explosive charge launched from a van near an open air event such as a stadium. Facial recognition software to assassinate a politician, or just general "find a human" and fly into their head and explode."
20 1,780 more...
Re: Woman scams over 1 million from online boyfriend Hastings 04/17/24
Originally Posted by slumlord
Originally Posted by Hastings
What became of our member that met some lovely lady down in Latin America and was convinced she was in love with him?

I don't remember all the particulars but she found him wandering around and offered to guide him and he fell in love. He was obviously being taken for a bunch of money.

I can't remember his handle here on the 24HCF
Surely you’re not referencing Irving?

Seems like he is doing pretty well with her.

Post some pics of your warhog?
The name Irving doesn't ring a bell. I think this dude found his tour guide down in Panama and it didn't sound good for him. I figured that by now that affair had blown up in his face.

Don't know what a warhog is.
39 3,696 more...
Single Shots Jump to new posts
Re: New 22 Hornet brass bobmn 04/17/24
Steve thanks for showing the results. I don't know what to think. As an aside, I was told that PPU uses a brass alloy for cartridge cases that is not pure brass. Consequently they are harder. Not being a chemist I cannot confirm this but I do know PPU brass is harder. Do not know if this will have any affect on annealing.
27 3,301 more...
IC B2
Re: Iran getting lit up in next 24 to 48 hrs? battue 04/17/24
Originally Posted by Mohall57
Why do you suppose JFK was assassinated, he intended to clean house at the CIA. If the Warren report is ever made public, the evidence will point directly to the CIA involvement . I read that Trump ordered Pompeo to do that very thing and Pompeo replied Mr. President we can not do that there would be a revolution of the people. How true I of course do not know, but is it not strange that 60 years after one of the most significant event of our nations history the record can’t be made public.

The mob was double crossed....and Monroe had to go also. The Warren Report has been erased. Remember Trump was going to show it to us. Four years later????
375 28,231 more...
AR and Tactical Rifles Jump to new posts
Re: LPVO or red dot for general purpose and SHTF truck gun Pappy348 04/17/24
Originally Posted by TWR
As stated earlier, there’s a trend towards a MPVO so the top end is more useful and a red dot on top or at 45 degree offset for up close.

I’m perfectly happy with my 1-6 and 1-4 scopes for the effective range of 5.56.

Give me more power and I’ll switch to a 3-9 or 10x. Still can’t do the red dot at 45 but 12:00 might be okay.

The Burris PEPR mount I bought for my incoming 16” upper has two sets of ring tops, one with rails. I’ll try mounting a FF on top of the Credo 1-6 and if I don’t like it try the 45 degree option. Indoors, if it ever came to it, I’m thinking perhaps a light/laser combo might be the fastest Grandpa option for quick shots.
119 15,221 more...
Re: Woman scams over 1 million from online boyfriend Heym06 04/17/24
From what I gathered here. Get a dog for a companion. Just buy hookers. 🤔
39 3,696 more...
Re: How does the New Covenant differ from the Old Covenant…? geedubya 04/17/24
Rather than trying to re-create the wheel, a cursory answer.

https://www.learnreligions.com/old-vs-new-covenant-700361

ya!

GWB
48 3,184 more...
Re: Respect? Jim_Conrad 04/17/24
Originally Posted by Crockettnj
Originally Posted by MontanaMarine
Courtesies are given.

Respect is earned.

Probably hard for many younger people to grasp.

^ Lost on a great many lately, isnt it?

Young AND old.
34 3,071 more...
Re: “Do not get trapped in paradigms of the past” Stickfight 04/17/24
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
Is there a device that can identify and take over the frequency of everything floating around in the air?

More like spam the frequencies drones use so that the pilot's communication gets overwhelmed. But those either need to identify the drone first and target it directly, or require a ton of power to have short range broad coverage. Here is one on a Russian tank in Ukraine with a expedient anti-drone fencing:

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]

I think that still got blown up by a drone though, probably because as Hawkeye says a lot of drones now can autonomously hit whatever target they identify if they get EW'd like above.

But the fact is EW works pretty well for now. The videos of drones blowing stuff up make it seem disproportionate, but the the majority of drone attacks are stopped by EW or old school interception like in Iran's attack on Israel. The problem with that is drones are absurdly cheap, their tech is getting better for almost no increase in cost and it is possible to make and deploy them in very large numbers. The defender will spend 100x what the attacker does, to stop only 90something % of the drones tossed at them.

If DJI was publicly traded it'd be a great defense stock.
20 1,780 more...
Re: Has anyone ever was able to reach Gunbroker customer support? Troutnut 04/17/24
I had an issue earlier this year. Bought a barrel on there , only payment method was a money order which took almost a month to get there. Seller reported me as a non paying buyer . I contacted support via email they replied the next day. Money order showed up and it was taken care of
11 897 more...
IC B3
Re: Instead of deep pondering the RAND corp’s finances slumlord 04/17/24
Fk him and lying gunswizzard and squats to pee reloader28
4 384 more...
Re: Instead of deep pondering the RAND corp’s finances Jim_Conrad 04/17/24
Used to find some in washed gravel around the county.
4 384 more...
Re: Respect? Hastings 04/17/24
Originally Posted by MontanaMarine
Courtesies are given.

Respect is earned.
I told my father that respect was earned once when he jumped me about being disrespectful. He didn't take it well at all.

I lived within 200 yards of an uncle with 4 children in my age group. He was adamant about getting respect from the kids and brutally enforced it with a belt and stick until they got too big to whip. At that point he resorted to ridicule. He was extremely racist and overbearing. He got fear but I don't think there was respect. Two of my cousins ended up in psychiatric care as adults with him being the root cause.

That uncle died of a hypertension induced heart attack in 1969 at less than 60 years old. I believe worrying about the civil rights movement and integration killed him.
34 3,071 more...
Re: Whitey Herzog has passed away minengr 04/17/24
I can name more members of the '82 team than today's. Watched/listened to a lot a Cardinal games back then as a kid. Whitey ball on KMOX with Jack Buck calling the game, those were good times.
9 945 more...
Free Classifieds Jump to new posts
Re: semi custom kimber montana 7mm-08 winchester lubbockdave 04/17/24
again-up
13 1,791 more...
Turkey Hunting Jump to new posts
Re: Done in TN, Almost SS336 04/17/24
Cool. 👍👍
9 677 more...
Re: kimber montana semi custom .243 lubbockdave 04/17/24
up
34 4,687 more...
Re: Iran getting lit up in next 24 to 48 hrs? slumlord 04/17/24
So buy some gold, fill up all of your lawn mower gas cans and stay caught up on John Correia videos. And don’t anyone know youre a 63 year old INCEL
375 28,231 more...
Gunsmithing Jump to new posts
Re: What causes certain barrels to hit pressure before others greydog 04/17/24
Originally Posted by predmaster223
Originally Posted by greydog
I think you may have a headspace issue. GD
Can you explain? Headspace is tight. Bolt closes on new lapua brass and won't close on brass with masking tape on case head. As long as sized brass chambers can the chamber be too tight? My thoughts are that the tighter chamber will allow less brass stretch and extend life.
The symptoms described are possible signs of excessive headspace (flat primers, ejector mark). You have answered this. It sounds like HS is fine. A tight chamber won't necessarily increase pressure, unless neck clearance is tight.
Charlie is right on the case gripping thing. There are situations where case/chamber wall adhesion can play a part, but not at high pressure in a front locking action. It doesn't take a lot of pressure to deflect a case head by a couple thou, and the bolt doesn't deflect nearly that much.
It sounds like you just hit on a combination that kind of sux. It was probably a pretty good Creedmoor! By the way I had one batch of H4831 which seemed a lot faster burning than it should have been; you might want to try a different powder. GD
29 2,559 more...
Re: Model 7 stainless .243 win lubbockdave 04/17/24
Originally Posted by TnBigBore
Man Dave, you come up with some nice stuff. Bump to the top for a great looking lightweight rig from one of the good guys.

i appreciate that sir
4 958 more...
Ask The Gunwriters Jump to new posts
JB/MD - .284 Win and 7WSM RevMike 04/17/24
John:

I looks like, from the recent SA, that Ron Spomer is challenging you for King of the 7x57! Nah, he just appreciates that old cartridge and, if I understand correctly, is having Park West build him one. I've seen a picture of the wood: nice!

Anyway, I was looking through the Gack books and noticed that you didn't write anything about either the .284 Winchester or 7mm WSM. Any reason?

Thanks, as always.

Mike
24 2,947 more...
Kirkpatrick leather single action holster and accessories Buckshot77 04/17/24
Selling a nice Kirkpatrick leather holster, 2 cartridge sliders (one marked 38 and the other marked 45) and a leather pouch that is supposed to hold a small tray of shells. It appears to be made for a 5.5" barrel gun, and I'm sure a 4 3/4" gun would work fine in it. Anything longer will stick out. It's too big for my single six, so I'm sure it would fit a Colt/clone or a Vaquero. It's all in great shape. Only flaw I find is on the back of the slider marked 45. The concho is loose and someone buggered up the hole a little bit trying to tighten it. It probably needs a shorter screw.

I'll take $150 for it all. First unconditional "I'll take it" gets it, please follow up with a PM. I'll take a personal check if you don't mind waiting for it to clear, or a USPS money order.

Thanks, Zach
7 729 more...
Hunting Trucks and Four-Wheel Drives Jump to new posts
Re: 1987 F350? pal 04/17/24
Originally Posted by Taco2fiddy7
...If someone hits and totals it what would insurance actually give you?

Replacement cost.
18 1,897 more...
Re: “Do not get trapped in paradigms of the past” STRSWilson 04/17/24
Our Military-Industrial mafia will ensure that the simple, cost-effective solution will not be tolerated. Better to select an overly complex, multi-million dollar per copy drone over a $1,000 drone to accomplish the exact same outcome. People's pensions and bonuses are at stake afterall. This is war.

Meanwhile in Ukraine - https://www.reddit.com/r/CombatFootage/?rdt=60707
20 1,780 more...
Re: gentry rifle/semi custom .308 lubbockdave 04/17/24
up
7 1,298 more...
Page 593 of 600 1 2 591 592 593 594 595 599 600
AX24

497 members (17CalFan, 160user, 1beaver_shooter, 1_deuce, 1lesfox, 10ring1, 41 invisible), 1,783 guests, and 1,033 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,179
Posts18,465,614
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.