24hourcampfire.com
24hourcampfire.com
-->
Active Threads | Active Posts | Unanswered Today | Since Yesterday | This Week
Hunter's Campfire Jump to new posts
Re: Does the vax cause tinnitus? Dirtfarmer 04/10/24
Originally Posted by Otter
I've had tinnitus for over 55 years. It got real bad after shooting a buddy's newly acquired .357 magnum in a silage bunker w/o hearing protection. Not good. LONG before covid and the accompanying fakecines.
Well, in my case, as a teenager, shooting a full house .44 Mag revolver, lying prone on a bluff overlooking the Red River, shooting turtles in the water, I could feel the muzzle blast off the ground and my ears started ringing. Of course, no hearing protection as a youngster, what was that? So, I've had some tinnitus for decades.

Now much later, after getting pressured into taking Covid shots, I developed Ramsey Hunt syndrome, a known side effect. It's the combo of Bell's Palsy and Shingles. It happen on the left side of my face. My eye doc prescribed large doses of Prednisone and my Physical Therapy bud had another treatment. He dry needled those paralyzed muscles, stimulated them with electrical impulses three times a week. I was over it in a week. My eye doctor was amazed how quick I recovered. When the nerves start recovering, the muscles are generally flaccid and weak. Use it or lose it. Mine weren't that far behind due to being stimulated, so recovery was faster than expected. I told my P.T. bud that I was pimping his Bells Palsy protocol to the eye doc. In fact that doc did refer some Bells Palsy patients for that same treatment.

So, there's a lot of stuff we are learning about this whole mRNA scenario.

DF

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
42 3,219 more...
Big Game Rifles Jump to new posts
Re: Vihtavuori N560 Oakster 04/10/24
I use N150 in my 284 and it shoots very well. Has me thinking about trying more of the VV powders. I have read they are very temp stable.
12 1,129 more...
Free Classifieds Jump to new posts
Re: Ruger No1 Stainless 22-250 LHPanther 04/10/24
Bump for a great seller and a classic beauty
3 807 more...
IC B2
Re: Gritty eyes? wabigoon 04/10/24
Thanks all
19 1,353 more...
Re: Do You Believe the Earth is 6000 Years Old? Fubarski 04/10/24
Originally Posted by Hastings
Not sure how the Australian breed came about.

Two neanderthal guys managed ta have babies.
459 28,787 more...
Re: Gritty eyes? Houston_2 04/10/24
Originally Posted by wabigoon
My right eye is gritty, what can I do about it?

Systane drops might help.

These were recommended by my Opthamologist.
19 1,353 more...
Re: Gritty eyes? MartinStrummer 04/10/24
Wal-Mart
Pharmacy area

OCuSOFT
lid scrub
eyelid cleanser

Use one every morning.
Instant relief.

Per my optometrist, as we age (I'm 73) our eyeball begins to lose it's "roundness". The eyelid doesn't cover the eyeball completely and air drys out the eyeball. Causes "gritty eye" sensation.
These "lid cleansers" work great!
19 1,353 more...
Re: Shot The Springfield Armory TRP local_dirt 04/10/24
I also have a TRP. Great gun.

38 2,808 more...
Re: Brett Dowell Personal Edc Dude270 04/10/24
Out of curiosity, what is the blade stock thickness?
15 1,640 more...
Re: Gold Up By $200.00 Just Since March Burleyboy 04/10/24
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Originally Posted by Burleyboy
When silver hits about $47 I'm selling 1000 ounces.

Bb
Because you expect a huge sell off at the $50.00 mark, right?

Yes, that's about what happened in 2011. I got burned on a deal then by a local dealer. I went to Idaho falls on a Saturday with 1000 ounces to sell and the shop there was closed. I called the owner and he was at a coin show but really wanted my silver. I told him I was just going to drive to slc and sell it.

He begged me not to and said he'd lock me in at $49 per silver eagle and $47 per generic round. I said we're locked then right? That's what's it's going to be monday no matter what the price does. He said yes.

Sunday night when the Asian markets opened spot dropped $11 in the first 5 minutes. George soros dumped billions as soon as the market opened. So Monday I head into the shop to do my deal I was locked in at the shop owner wouldn't do it. I really regretted not going to slc saturday. The price never came back.

For those who don't do much in metals when someone tells you your locked in then that's the price period. The guy in IF who owns that shop is pretty hated by many stickers in the area. I saw him at a coin show recently and several of the other dealers said not to deal with him because he's a crook. I told them all I'd already found that out.

In the dozen or so years since then I've probably bought sold and traded over $200k in metals and none of the deals were with him. Luckily some guys from Montana opened a new shop in Idaho Falls and they've been great to deal with. They just told me on the phone tonight they have several hundred more mercury dimes for me. They know I like mercury dimes and 1/10th ounce gold eagles so they often hold them for me.

I'll sell some at $47 and then hold the cash for a bit to see what the price does. If it breaks through $50 I'll buy back in. If not I'll go buy a lot or some land to build a rental home on.

I often wish I still had the 6000 ounces of silver I used to have. I did Dave Ramsey plan about a decade ago and sold a bunch of what I had and paid off debt. It's been nice not having a mortgage but I wish I would have kept the silver and just kept paying off debt with cash. Ramsey thinks metals are a terrible investment and most of the time they are. I think the days coming soon when everyone will wish they had some.

Bb
58 3,403 more...
IC B3
Re: Favorite movie soundtrack Gooch_McGrundle 04/10/24
103 6,159 more...
Re: Brett Dowell Personal Edc Dude270 04/10/24
I just sold one in A2 and yours has me thinking.

It's a handy pattern and Bret knows how to make a knife
15 1,640 more...
Savage Collectors Jump to new posts
Re: 303 rotor damnesia 04/10/24
Originally Posted by Fireball2
Spencer I sent you some photos see if there's one there you can use and I'll send it to you.

I just replied. That is very generous of you and I really appreciate it Roy!
11 1,026 more...
Re: Gritty eyes? Verylargeboots 04/10/24
Originally Posted by wabigoon

Remove eyeball with a spoon. Problem solved.
19 1,353 more...
Re: Hearing Aids Houston_2 04/10/24
Originally Posted by EdM
We have an appointment at Costco on the 26th. First time.

You won’t be disappointed.
36 2,257 more...
Varmint Rifles Jump to new posts
Re: Powder for 22 Creed? Dude270 04/10/24
I've heard of other people having good luck with superformance in the 22 creedmoor.

I've had good luck with staball 6.5 in my 22-250 ackley so I think I may mess with that in the 22 creedmoor as well.

Keep us posted on your findings
4 459 more...
Re: Gritty eyes? gonehuntin 04/10/24
Flush with water under the water spigot
19 1,353 more...
Re: Campfire Retards..... gonehuntin 04/10/24
Haha!! It never gets old, especially seeing that PedoBiden is worse than LBJ and FDR
138 9,901 more...
Re: Wtb. Winchester 1400 parts benelliss 04/10/24
Check Ebay
6 369 more...
Re: Campfire Retards..... mark shubert 04/10/24
Glad to see my name isn't on it! laugh laugh laugh
138 9,901 more...
Gritty eyes? wabigoon 04/10/24
19 1,353 more...
Re: Campfire Retards..... Verylargeboots 04/10/24
List just gets longer and longer.

Keep up the good work 12344mag!
138 9,901 more...
Re: LEO's Haters Club AKA L.E.O.H.C. Verylargeboots 04/10/24
Originally Posted by Strop10
Originally Posted by Verylargeboots
Originally Posted by shrapnel
I just re-read this whole thread and I am convinced:

Cops suck, abuse power and shouldn’t exist because they do do anything right!

I read the whole thread and all I'm convinced of is Strop10 is kinda weird.

If being opposed to beating up an 80lbs 73 year old woman with dementia is weird, it is an honor to be recognized that I don't fit in with your values.

“[T]he pressure for conformity—the basic identification of men in uniform with their comrades and the strong urge not to separate themselves from the group by stepping out… [The] act of stepping out…meant leaving one’s comrades and admitting that one was ‘too weak’ or ‘cowardly’.” - Ordinary Men: Reserve Police Battalion 101 and the Final Solution in Poland
Book by Christopher Browning

Yes, that's exactly what I meant by that statement I made. It totally wasn't a tongue-in-cheek comment, you absolute fücking meatball.
246 16,068 more...
Single Shots Jump to new posts
Thinking mark shubert 04/10/24
about trying to mount a Burris FF3 on a Ruger #3.
Should make a nice light & handy woods companion.
How would you go about something like this?

With factory parts, we have no machinists or gunsmiths nearby.
2 418 more...
Hunting Optics Jump to new posts
Re: Leupold 2.5x20 Ultralight Discontinued WoodsyAl 04/10/24
Sadly, the market has moved away from what I would call practical hunting scopes.
26 3,162 more...
Page 594 of 645 1 2 592 593 594 595 596 644 645
YB23

598 members (10Glocks, 10gaugemag, 1Longbow, 160user, 007FJ, 01Foreman400, 73 invisible), 2,027 guests, and 1,180 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,264
Posts18,448,240
Members73,899
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.