527 is sold
16 2,425 more...
Free Classifieds Jump to new posts
Re: Miller Drop Point VinceM 04/12/24
btt
37 3,350 more...
Ask The Gunwriters Jump to new posts
Re: Phil Shoemaker, 10mm Tisas PaulBarnard 04/12/24
I'll take a stab at it to keep the thread going until Phil shows up. I really enjoy reading bear stories. I have read every book I could get my hands on. While most man/bear encounters I have read of involved rifles, those involving pistols were settled in fewer shots than a 1911 holds. I simply don't think that at the ranges man/bear encounters take place the situations afford time for more well placed shots than a 1911 provides. Well placed is likely the reason for the 1911 preference. Simply something that he shoots well.

Tisas and other Turkish guns by most accounts are good, reliable guns at very good prices. I simply can't bring myself to buy a gun made in a country that supports terrorism.
48 7,957 more...
Hunter's Campfire Jump to new posts
Re: Do You Believe the Earth is 6000 Years Old? DBT 04/12/24
Originally Posted by Feral_American
Originally Posted by DBT
There are several contradictory accounts of the tomb incident.

''There are other discrepancies, but this is enough. I should stress that some of these differences can scarcely be reconciled unless you want to do a lot of imaginative interpretive gymnastics, of the kind fundamentalists love to do, when reading the texts. For example, what does one do with the fact that the women apparently meet different persons at the tomb? In Mark it is one man, in Luke it is two men, and in Matthew it is one angel.

The way this discrepancy is sometimes reconciled,by readers who can’t believe there could be a genuine discrepancy in the text, is by saying that the women actually met two angels at the tomb. Matthew mentions only one of them, but never denies there was a second one; moreover, the angels were in human guise, so Luke claims they were two men; Mark also mistakes the angels as men but mentions only one, not two, without denying there were two. And so the problem is easily solved! But it is solved in a very curious way indeed.

This solution is saying, in effect, that what really happened is what is not narrated by any of the Gospels: for none of them mentions two angels! This way of interpreting the texts does so by writing a new text that is unlike any of the others, so as to reconcile them to one another. You are certainly free to write your own Gospel if that’s what you want to do, but I wonder if that is the best way to interpret the Gospels that you already have.

https://ehrmanblog.org/fuller-account-of-resurrection-discrepancies/

But explain where the body of Jesus went.

We'll wait.......

If the burial account is flawed, so is the rest of the story. A story that was written decades after whatever is described based on stories that were told and retold as the myth grew.

Which is why Paul was not aware of some of the stories of Jesus the man - whom he had never seen in person - that were written in the gospels at a later time.

''No parables of the sheep and the goats, or the prodigal son, or the rich man and Lazarus, or the lost sheep, or the good Samaritan. In fact, no Jesus as teacher at all.

No driving out evil spirits, or healing the invalid at Bethesda, or cleansing the lepers, or raising Lazarus, or other healing miracles. As far as Paul tells us, Jesus performed no miracles at all.

No virgin birth, no Sermon on the Mount, no feeding the 5000, no public ministry, no cleansing the temple, no final words, and no Great Commission. Paul doesn’t even place Jesus within history—there’s nothing to connect Jesus with historical figures like Caesar Augustus, King Herod, or Pontius Pilate.

Perhaps everyone to whom Paul wrote his letters knew all this already? Okay, but presumably they already knew about the crucifixion, and Paul mentions that 13 times. And the resurrection, which Paul mentions 14 times.

Paul indirectly admits that he knew of no Jesus miracles.

Jews demand signs and Greeks look for wisdom, but we preach Christ crucified: a stumbling block to Jews and foolishness to Gentiles (1 Cor. 1:22–3)

Why “a stumbling block”? Jesus did lots of miraculous “signs”—why didn’t Paul convince the Jews with these? Paul apparently didn’t know any.

The Jesus of Paul is not the miracle worker that we see in the Jesus of the gospels.''

https://www.patheos.com/blogs/crossexamined/2012/12/what-did-paul-know-about-jesus-not-much/
480 31,716 more...
Re: Taurus G3 15 rd magazine (NIP) Twalk01 04/12/24
Bump
84 5,619 more...
Food, Cooking, and Game Preparation Jump to new posts
Re: Tonight's Supper/Dinner was/is ? earlybrd 04/12/24
Meatball subs
15,609 2,622,323 more...
Re: Close call at work today. earlybrd 04/12/24
👍👍
35 3,457 more...
IC B3
Hunting Rifles Jump to new posts
Re: Browning A bolt stock question BoltactionMan 04/12/24
I had mine replaced about 2 years ago. It’s a painted camo pattern like their current pattern. I can’t say that it is a great stock but it doesn’t really feel like a cheap Tupperware version either. There is no duratouch coating on it.

I’m pretty pleased with it. Hope this helps. Great rifle by the way

KC

PS it only took about 2 months if I recall
4 550 more...
Re: About that Ford Recall ......... bowfisher 04/12/24
The Bronco and OJ......getting recalled on the same day. Can't make this stuff up, hahahaha
10 1,135 more...
Re: Anschutz 1717 17 HMR rick1977 04/12/24
Seller is a great guy! Deal with absolute confidence!
5 1,150 more...
Gunsmithing Jump to new posts
Re: Remington J lock EJKELLEY 04/12/24
Thanks all!
7 778 more...
Re: Got Kraft Pimento Cheese ??? earlybrd 04/12/24
🤢
41 2,495 more...
Re: WTB 257 Roberts Brass &/or Ammo Boogan1 04/12/24
Contradicting what was posted above you DO NOT want +P cases for loading 257 ackley rounds. The cases are harder/thicker and will not fire form properly in the ackley chamber.
8 698 more...
Re: WTS S&W Model 351 C & PD .22 Magnums CBinNH 04/12/24
I neglected to mention that these are $50 rebate eligible.

https://www.smith-wesson.com/rebates
8 1,192 more...
Re: Got Kraft Pimento Cheese ??? Cheesy 04/12/24
Originally Posted by BigDave39355
Homemade pimento cheese for the win…

Coarse shredded sharp cheddar.
Don’t buy the pre-shredded cheese, they put something in it to prevent clumping ..

Throw in diced jalepenos for an extra kick.

You’re Pro-clumping?

smile

Potato starch is the common one now.
41 2,495 more...
American Thinker reveals the globohomo shill strategy OldmanoftheSea 04/12/24
"A Marxist globalist needs only one smart-sounding commie to create a wave of mockingbird mimickers eager to repeat exactly what the “lone genius” says"

This is the approach behind MSDNC...

More here.

https://www.americanthinker.com/art...ification_of_the_state_s_propaganda.html

Totalitarians always rise to power by preying on insecure people because, once mesmerized by the tyrant’s speech, eager repeaters become goose-stepping sycophants of the highest order.

I recall a certain Band, there were a few hockey fan amongst the members, started playing certain riffs to evoke a programmed response.... Clearly they had been drinking and watching "Slap shot" one night because they would play the Pavlovian cue and the Ididn't idios in the audience would do a stupid little dance. I imagine that it was quite an ego boost for the band members.

The media is no different.
13 1,196 more...
Re: Freaking Ad’s bpas105 04/12/24
I have adblocker and it doesn't stop these now.
22 1,638 more...
Re: US Navy photoshop? PaulBarnard 04/12/24
Originally Posted by AKwolverine
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
Originally Posted by SupFoo
Uhhhhh........ is that scope really on backwards?

Uhhhhh......do you really need someone to answer that for you?

You do rhetorical better than anyone Paul. I, for one, appreciate it.

lololol
33 2,959 more...
Re: Got Kraft Pimento Cheese ??? BigDave39355 04/12/24
Homemade pimento cheese for the win…

Coarse shredded sharp cheddar.
Don’t buy the pre-shredded cheese, they put something in it to prevent clumping ..

Throw in diced jalepenos for an extra kick.
41 2,495 more...
Re: Got Kraft Pimento Cheese ??? jackmountain 04/12/24
Kraft? SMFH……
41 2,495 more...
Re: GOOD GUY LIST Horryleverman 04/12/24
Bought a Bergara Mountain rifle from Woodzloafer. Excellent transaction.
16,887 57,263,897 more...
Re: Utah high elevation lake....... RockyRaab 04/12/24
I think that dam is doomed. The first videos of it on the news showed a crack and some seepage. The shots last night showed streams of water gushing from two places. Once water gets started, it's game over.
13 1,210 more...
Page 615 of 627 1 2 613 614 615 616 617 626 627
AX24

701 members (1beaver_shooter, 160user, 1936M71, 007FJ, 01Foreman400, 163dm, 73 invisible), 3,184 guests, and 1,256 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,584
Posts18,454,243
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.